There are still two Flat Earth Societies

• 12 Replies
There are still two Flat Earth Societies
« on: September 10, 2019, 04:50:15 AM »
Hello. I note that there are still two Flat Earth Societies. When I was last here, years ago, under a user name I don't recall, the two Flat Earth Societies were talking about reuniting. What happened to that? Anyway, good to be back.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
Re: There are still two Flat Earth Societies
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 05:05:09 AM »
The other one is a branch of this one.
boydster the angry globalist being a mod is my red line. During he continues to be mod, others will be ignored till infinity.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 07:33:22 AM »
We decided two are better than one.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 09:05:57 AM »
The other one is a branch of this one.
Not according to them. BTW, interesting Quranic quote.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 11:25:18 AM »
We decided two are better than one.
I shall assume that to be a joke, unless I am advised otherwise. Why would two be better than one?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
More options are better.

Several years ago there was some disagreement about the way this site was being run. They split off and started their own thing. Some people wanted the forums to merge, others did not.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 12:29:41 PM »
More options are better.

Several years ago there was some disagreement about the way this site was being run. They split off and started their own thing. Some people wanted the forums to merge, others did not.
Well, I have joined both, so it ought to be interesting to see how conversations go. On the other site, someone blamed Daniel Shenton for the split, and failure to reunite. Why would he be at fault specifically?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 01:20:30 PM »
There's nothing stopping them from coming back to this forum whenever they want. For some reason some people think the only way we can "reunite" is if this forum is merged with theirs. It is the silliest thing. There's plenty of room on the internet for millions of forums. I encourage anyone to join both forums, start your own forum, get off corporate owned social media. FREEDOM!!!!

Anyway, Daniel is living on a yacht enjoying champagne and caviar. Someday he'll let us know what he discovers out there.

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
  • You keep using that word.
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 01:36:45 PM »
More options are better.

Well, I have joined both, so it ought to be interesting to see how conversations go. On the other site, someone blamed Daniel Shenton for the split, and failure to reunite. Why would he be at fault specifically?
I peruse both sites. The biggest thing preventing reunification, in my opinion, is that jerk TheRealDave over there. If you see him, please let him know that I hope he aggressively stubs his toe on a porcupine.
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 05:22:47 PM »
It's entirely the fault of the "other side". We were talking about a merge, negotiations were going well, we gave in to a few concessions with our word filters and we even accepted their choice of an Emissary by the name of Excelsior John who was helping out in good faith. The other side then came up with ridiculous demands such as that wise (the most staunch and popular defender of Flat Earth) be permabanned in a merger. He was not welcome. No way were we going to permaban Flat Earths biggest advocate and things started to break down. Then they decided to permaban the Emissary (he was one of theirs!) And then we saw the other side for the shoddy and pathetic fools they were and decided that we are waaaaay better off without them.

Looking at their forum, while it has a nicer 'layout', most of the people look like inmates running an asylum. They think the Flat Earth is one big joke. The only person there holding that place together is Tim Bishop. The rest are just a bunch of loonies laughing and LARPing

This place is far more active, has far more personality and has wise.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 03:48:32 AM »

I thought I was chief negotiator for the other site in the last round of discussions, came here in the flush of my youth with dreams of moving on to settle the middle east and reforming Oasis, but it turned out I was to be a good faith hostage, held until such time as certain byzantine conditions were met as to my release, whilst being forced to write cheery doggerel to maintain the falsehood of collaboration, but caught between Pizzamans jealousy and SCG’s need for more slaves, I have been imprisoned here since.

Please inform Amnesty.   

Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 09:09:16 AM »
It's entirely the fault of the "other side". We were talking about a merge, negotiations were going well, we gave in to a few concessions with our word filters and we even accepted their choice of an Emissary by the name of Excelsior John who was helping out in good faith. The other side then came up with ridiculous demands such as that wise (the most staunch and popular defender of Flat Earth) be permabanned in a merger. He was not welcome. No way were we going to permaban Flat Earths biggest advocate and things started to break down. Then they decided to permaban the Emissary (he was one of theirs!) And then we saw the other side for the shoddy and pathetic fools they were and decided that we are waaaaay better off without them.
And this guy is the official Flat Earth Historian by Royal appointment, so listen to what he says You won't get close to pure objectivity.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Shifter

• ASI
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 02:31:50 PM »
And this guy is the official Flat Earth Historian by Royal appointment, so listen to what he says You won't get close to pure objectivity.

I just tell it how it is  8)