There are still two Flat Earth Societies

• 108 Replies
There are still two Flat Earth Societies
« on: September 10, 2019, 04:50:15 AM »
Hello. I note that there are still two Flat Earth Societies. When I was last here, years ago, under a user name I don't recall, the two Flat Earth Societies were talking about reuniting. What happened to that? Anyway, good to be back.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: There are still two Flat Earth Societies
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 05:05:09 AM »
The other one is a branch of this one.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 07:33:22 AM »
We decided two are better than one.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 09:05:57 AM »
The other one is a branch of this one.
Not according to them. BTW, interesting Quranic quote.

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 11:25:18 AM »
We decided two are better than one.
I shall assume that to be a joke, unless I am advised otherwise. Why would two be better than one?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 11:41:27 AM »
More options are better.

Several years ago there was some disagreement about the way this site was being run. They split off and started their own thing. Some people wanted the forums to merge, others did not.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 12:29:41 PM »
More options are better.

Several years ago there was some disagreement about the way this site was being run. They split off and started their own thing. Some people wanted the forums to merge, others did not.
Well, I have joined both, so it ought to be interesting to see how conversations go. On the other site, someone blamed Daniel Shenton for the split, and failure to reunite. Why would he be at fault specifically?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 01:20:30 PM »
There's nothing stopping them from coming back to this forum whenever they want. For some reason some people think the only way we can "reunite" is if this forum is merged with theirs. It is the silliest thing. There's plenty of room on the internet for millions of forums. I encourage anyone to join both forums, start your own forum, get off corporate owned social media. FREEDOM!!!!

Anyway, Daniel is living on a yacht enjoying champagne and caviar. Someday he'll let us know what he discovers out there.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2019, 01:36:45 PM »
More options are better.

Well, I have joined both, so it ought to be interesting to see how conversations go. On the other site, someone blamed Daniel Shenton for the split, and failure to reunite. Why would he be at fault specifically?
I peruse both sites. The biggest thing preventing reunification, in my opinion, is that jerk TheRealDave over there. If you see him, please let him know that I hope he aggressively stubs his toe on a porcupine.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2019, 05:22:47 PM »
It's entirely the fault of the "other side". We were talking about a merge, negotiations were going well, we gave in to a few concessions with our word filters and we even accepted their choice of an Emissary by the name of Excelsior John who was helping out in good faith. The other side then came up with ridiculous demands such as that wise (the most staunch and popular defender of Flat Earth) be permabanned in a merger. He was not welcome. No way were we going to permaban Flat Earths biggest advocate and things started to break down. Then they decided to permaban the Emissary (he was one of theirs!) And then we saw the other side for the shoddy and pathetic fools they were and decided that we are waaaaay better off without them.

Looking at their forum, while it has a nicer 'layout', most of the people look like inmates running an asylum. They think the Flat Earth is one big joke. The only person there holding that place together is Tim Bishop. The rest are just a bunch of loonies laughing and LARPing

This place is far more active, has far more personality and has wise.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2019, 03:48:32 AM »

I thought I was chief negotiator for the other site in the last round of discussions, came here in the flush of my youth with dreams of moving on to settle the middle east and reforming Oasis, but it turned out I was to be a good faith hostage, held until such time as certain byzantine conditions were met as to my release, whilst being forced to write cheery doggerel to maintain the falsehood of collaboration, but caught between Pizzamans jealousy and SCG’s need for more slaves, I have been imprisoned here since.

Please inform Amnesty.   

Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2019, 09:09:16 AM »
It's entirely the fault of the "other side". We were talking about a merge, negotiations were going well, we gave in to a few concessions with our word filters and we even accepted their choice of an Emissary by the name of Excelsior John who was helping out in good faith. The other side then came up with ridiculous demands such as that wise (the most staunch and popular defender of Flat Earth) be permabanned in a merger. He was not welcome. No way were we going to permaban Flat Earths biggest advocate and things started to break down. Then they decided to permaban the Emissary (he was one of theirs!) And then we saw the other side for the shoddy and pathetic fools they were and decided that we are waaaaay better off without them.
And this guy is the official Flat Earth Historian by Royal appointment, so listen to what he says You won't get close to pure objectivity.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2019, 02:31:50 PM »
And this guy is the official Flat Earth Historian by Royal appointment, so listen to what he says You won't get close to pure objectivity.

I just tell it how it is  8)

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2019, 09:16:51 AM »
There are fundamental disagreements between our two groups.

First and foremost, they demanded we shut down our forums if we were reuniting and give them pretty much everything that they didn't already steal when they split.

They have also made questionable decisions in the past, such as labelling Eric Dupay the messiah.

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 08:39:56 PM »
Who exactly is Eric Dupay? I know he believes in Flat Earth, and has written some books. Is he an authority on the subject? I am a Round Earther, incidentally, just so you know the direction from which I come.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2019, 08:51:10 PM »
Who exactly is Eric Dupay? I know he believes in Flat Earth, and has written some books. Is he an authority on the subject?
Eric Dubay is about as much of a authority in Flat Earth as anyone, I suppose.  By that I mean that he spends most of his time hating on the round earth (among other things) and doesn't have a clue on how to make a workable FE model either.  He also seems to think that his is the only true FE authority and every other Flat Earth group or YouTuber is "controlled opposition".
https://ericdubay.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 08:53:43 PM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2019, 10:57:33 PM »
Who exactly is Eric Dupay? I know he believes in Flat Earth, and has written some books. Is he an authority on the subject? I am a Round Earther, incidentally, just so you know the direction from which I come.
I wouldn't have the slightest clue who he is. I would imagine he is an authority on his subject, which is not the serious study of the flat earth. The fact you are a round earther means I have no idea which direction you come from.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2019, 04:34:01 AM »
Who exactly is Eric Dupay? I know he believes in Flat Earth, and has written some books. Is he an authority on the subject?
Eric Dubay[/Dubay] is about as much of a authority in Flat Earth as anyone, I suppose.  By that I mean that he spends most of his time hating on the round earth (among other things) and doesn't have a clue on how to make a workable FE model either.  He also seems to think that his is the only true FE authority and every other Flat Earth group or YouTuber is "controlled opposition".
https://ericdubay.wordpress.com/

Yes, lately Eric Dubay thinks the "Flat Earth Movement" owes everything to him ::) and has simple exploded in rage at all and sundry from Mark Sargent up (or down  ???)!

Here's his attack on Mark Sargent:
Quote from: Eric Dubay
The following video makes the case that Mark Sargent, creator of "Flat Earth Clues," is a disinformation agent on the level of the controlled opposition "Flat Earth Society": www.atlanteanconspiracy.com/2015/03/flat-earth-society-controlled-op.html

Mark Sargent's Raging Shill Clues by Eric Dubay

For the rest of his rants I'll refer to Bob the Science Guy's "review" of Eric Dubay's melt-down:

Eric Dubay Attacks Flat Earth The Flat Earth Society
                                      by Bob the Science Guy

Eric Dubay Attacks Flat Earth Math Powerland and Jeranism
                                               by Bob the Science Guy

Eric Dubay Attacks Flat Earth Patricia Steere

by Bob the Science Guy[/b]

Eric Dubay Attacks the Flat Earth- Orphan Red
                                by Bob the Science Guy

Eric Dubay Attacks Flat Earth- Malignant Ego by Bob the Science Guy

In this video Eric explains reports he assaulted his girlfriends, Expresses Admiration of Hitler, Denies the Holocaust and in general tries to justify his behavior in this series by showing he is a vile and reprehensible excuse for a human being.

Eric Dubay Attacks Flat Earth- The MELTDOWN by Bob the Science Guy

In this video Flat Earther Eric Dubay sums up his attacks on his fellow science deniers with personal attacks.  He is very upset that they are not acknowledging him as the founder of flat earth, paying their respects and inviting him to their conferences.  So that makes them all shills.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2019, 06:45:57 AM »
I wouldn't have the slightest clue who he is. I would imagine he is an authority on his subject, which is not the serious study of the flat earth. The fact you are a round earther means I have no idea which direction you come from.
It seems rather odd to me that the secretary of The Flat Earth Society is so oblivious to some of the bigger names in the greater FE community.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2019, 07:37:29 AM »
It seems rather odd to me that the secretary of The Flat Earth Society is so oblivious to some of the bigger names in the greater FE community.

That only shows how insignificant and useless to the FE community people like this Eric Dubay character is

Know your place

Username

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2019, 10:11:50 AM »
I've quoted his book in jest a few times. I don't think he's an authority on anything other than dragging flat earthers through the dirt and being a racist and neo-nazi.

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2019, 10:53:57 AM »
I've quoted his book in jest a few times. I don't think he's an authority on anything other than dragging flat earthers through the dirt and being a racist and neo-nazi.
And yet you said you hadn't the faintest idea who he was. What did you mean by that? And your statement that since I am a Round Earther, you do not know the direction from which I come simply is a non-sequitur.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2019, 10:57:36 AM »
Don't get your drawers in a bunch.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
It seems rather odd to me that a random RE (Sockinoz) posts here day and night, and has a youtube library of anti FE propaganda.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2019, 04:34:51 PM »
That only shows how insignificant and useless to the FE community people like this Eric Dubay character is
The "Flat Earth Community" seems to be running out of anyone useful - I wonder why.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2019, 05:16:07 PM »
Useful for what, exactly?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2019, 05:39:15 PM »
Useful for what, exactly?
For providing evidence that the earth is flat and plausible explanations for the numerous observations that do not fit the simple FE model.

All we get here is more and more evidence that those like Plat Terra and Wise simply have no understanding of the Globe that they try to debunk.

And the pseudo-science and obvious deceit dished out by the FE YouTubers is far worse.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2019, 05:58:21 PM »
If you really felt it was all so useless you wouldn't be so obsessed with FE. You've spent 295 days (actual time online) on this forum alone.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2019, 05:59:55 PM »
Retired life.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2019, 03:46:21 AM »
It seems rather odd to me that a random RE (Sockinoz) posts here day and night, and has a youtube library of anti FE propaganda.

Not only that but, by now, these two shills have templates at their disposal, not to mention the constant shit-posting and spamming across the boards.

They are trolling this forum and nobody, including the RE mods, does anything about it.