Question about sphere earth

• 37 Replies
?

alex314

• Truth, knowledge and science.
Question about sphere earth
« on: September 05, 2019, 10:12:26 PM »
Hello flat earthers,

I am an expert in the sphere earth (like about 7 other billion people), and I would be HAPPY to answer any question you have about the sphere earth model / observations / experiments etc. The question must be related to the shape of earth, physics, astronomy or mathematics.

I will answer in a clear and direct manner (and not like flat earthers in a evading, insulting and confusing answer).

Please ask!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Question about sphere earth
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 10:57:19 PM »
Hello flat earthers,

I am an expert in the sphere earth (like about 7 other billion people), and I would be HAPPY to answer any question you have about the sphere earth model / observations / experiments etc. The question must be related to the shape of earth, physics, astronomy or mathematics.

I will answer in a clear and direct manner (and not like flat earthers in a evading, insulting and confusing answer).

Please ask!

You know and I know that the universe is made up of more than 3 spatial dimensions. You can see the difference in information from a world with a limited 2D scope and the information 3D brings to the table. 4D would be exponentially greater than the difference between 2D and 3D. So aren't you bothered about what you are missing? Can you be confident that what you are seeing is really all there is? Are you really content with this limitation? How would Earth appear and be interacted with as a hypersphere?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

?

alex314

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 11:43:17 PM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

You know and I know that the universe is made up of more than 3 spatial dimensions.

I do not know that.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 11:52:10 PM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

You know and I know that the universe is made up of more than 3 spatial dimensions.

I do not know that.

Then you dont know half as much as you pretend to know. Heard of Brane?

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

?

alex314

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 12:04:34 AM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

I do not know that.

Please ask your question.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 12:06:44 AM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

I do not know that.

I did, you stated you didn't know so I gave you something you could study and get back to me.

"The question must be related to the shape of earth, physics, astronomy or mathematics. "

Higher dimensions are real and I was asking the question which fits perfectly in your terms of reference.

Know your place

?

alex314

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2019, 12:11:54 AM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

I do not know that.

I did, you stated you didn't know so I gave you something you could study and get back to me.

"The question must be related to the shape of earth, physics, astronomy or mathematics. "

Higher dimensions are real and I was asking the question which fits perfectly in your terms of reference.

I am not aware of any higher dimensions. Therefore I cannot answer any questions related to higher dimensions. Simple.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 12:15:17 AM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

I do not know that.

I am not aware of any higher dimensions. Therefore I cannot answer any questions related to higher dimensions. Simple.

If your answers are confined only to an Earth in 3 dimensions, all your answers will be incomplete or flat out incorrect.

Know your place

?

alex314

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2019, 01:55:26 AM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

I do not know that.

If your answers are confined only to an Earth in 3 dimensions, all your answers will be incomplete or flat out incorrect.

All I can say that I do not know of any existance of more than 3 spatial dimensions. Therefore i cannot answer your question! Maybe there are more than 3 spatial dimensions, maybe not.

Any other question?

Macarios

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2019, 02:14:18 AM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

I do not know that.

No ancient nor modern geodesy is using fourth or any higher dimension while measuring our planet.
The Earth was every time measured in three known dimensions and in those three dimensions it is very close to spherical.

About higher dimensions there is no data.
Who is traveling in such manner, or who is building infrastructure in more than three dimensions?

Also, if knowing only three dimension makes one "bothered about what you are missing" (your words),
then you can imagine how much more can be bothered the one who even misses (or denies) the third dimension already.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

rvlvr

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2019, 02:18:21 AM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!
If meat's bad for you, then how come it's food?

?

alex314

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2019, 02:35:56 AM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

I cannot answer that question appropriately, as I am no expert in food question (as stated above: I am an expert regarding shape of earth, physics, astronomy or mathematics, not biology or medicine).

rvlvr

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2019, 02:43:02 AM »
I thought it might have something to do with the black sun :(

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2019, 09:24:30 AM »
Whatever happens in the skies far way only reaches us many years later. Will we be able to see the destruction of our universe by looking at the far away stars?
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2019, 09:33:13 AM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

Too much water is bad for you too...

Yes

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2019, 10:49:04 AM »
Shifter, if you have any evidence whatsoever of additional spatial dimensions, the rest of humanity would love to know.  We've been searching for evidence for a long time and so far have not found anything.

Or at least just let me know.  Please.  You have no idea how disappointed I was from the result of Limits on the number of spacetime dimensions from GW170817.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

?

alex314

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 09:24:00 PM »
Shifter, if you have any evidence whatsoever of additional spatial dimensions, the rest of humanity would love to know.  We've been searching for evidence for a long time and so far have not found anything.

Or at least just let me know.  Please.  You have no idea how disappointed I was from the result of Limits on the number of spacetime dimensions from GW170817.

I should follow the results of gravitational waves observations more closely. I was working in that area previously  ;D

faded mike

• I'm thinkin flat
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2019, 10:19:57 PM »
 If scientists could draw a free body diagram of the change in angular momentum of a south bound plane travelling from far in the north to the equator, and then measure to test against hypothesis, would, and how so, would this prove the sperical nature of the earth.
"Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

theoretical formula for Earths curvature = 8 inches multiplied by (miles squared) = inches drop from straight forward

kids: say no to drugs

?

alex314

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2019, 10:28:46 PM »
If scientists could draw a free body diagram of the change in angular momentum of a south bound plane travelling from far in the north to the equator, and then measure to test against hypothesis, would, and how so, would this prove the sperical nature of the earth.

Of course.

But given the very small change over a flight duration of many hours, and a lot of external disturbances during the flight (wind, clouds, airstreams etc). these disturbances are most likely much larger than what you are about to measure. I would say it is a very impractical way to measure earth's rotation.

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2019, 07:24:10 PM »
Hello flat earthers,

Please ask!

Why should we believe you are an expert when your opening statement is that 7 billion people are also experts? At least 1/4 of them can't agree if the earth goes around the sun or the sun goes around the earth. Is your level of expertise up to that excellent standard?

OK. Here is my physics question. If you travel past me at close to the speed of light, which is the dominant effect on your arguments; that the stick up your ass is shorter from length contraction, or your stupid prattling lasts longer because of time dilation?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2019, 10:32:41 PM »
Why should we believe you are an expert when your opening statement is that 7 billion people are also experts? At least 1/4 of them can't agree if the earth goes around the sun or the sun goes around the earth. Is your level of expertise up to that excellent standard?

1/4 of world population doesnt know that the earth orbits the sun? That's saddening. Where did you get that statistic from?

You must gather your party before venturing forth

rvlvr

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2019, 10:36:28 PM »
Why does FE seem more stoopi than RE?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2019, 10:59:09 PM »
No ancient nor modern geodesy is using fourth or any higher dimension while measuring our planet.
The Earth was every time measured in three known dimensions and in those three dimensions it is very close to spherical.

Then, YOU HAVE NO GENERAL RELATIVITY.

If there is NO DATA concerning higher dimensions, YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK with Einstein's relativity.

A geodesic generalizes the notion of a "straight line" to curved spacetime, INTO FOUR DIMENSIONS.

Most physicists now accept the existence of FIVE DIMENSIONS in order to describe relativity using Weyl's affine connection.

HERE IS THE EVIDENCE FOR THE KALUZA-KLEIN PARTICLE:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1920865#msg1920865

Macarios

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2019, 11:05:47 PM »

Then, YOU HAVE NO GENERAL RELATIVITY.

If there is NO DATA concerning higher dimensions, YOU ARE OUT OF LUCK with Einstein's relativity.

A geodesic generalizes the notion of a "straight line" to curved spacetime, INTO FOUR DIMENSIONS.

Most physicists now accept the existence of FIVE DIMENSIONS in order to describe relativity using Weyl's affine connection.

HERE IS THE EVIDENCE FOR THE KALUZA-KLEIN PARTICLE:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1920865#msg1920865

Ok, what are the coordinates of Statue of Liberty in four-dimensional coordinate system?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2019, 11:12:10 PM »
You need to upgrade your knowledge of five-dimensional theory of relativity.

“It appears that the union of gravitation and Maxwell’s theory is achieved in a completely satisfactory way by the five-dimensional theory (Kaluza-Klein).”

(Einstein to H. A. Lorentz, 16 February 1927)

“Kaluza's roundabout way of introducing the five dimensional continuum allows us to regard the gravitational and electromagnetic fields as a unitary space structure”

Einstein, A. & Bergman, P., On a Generalization of Kaluza's Theory of Electricity. In: Modern Kaluza-Klein Theories. Menlo Park: Addison-Wesley, p. 93.

T. Kaluza, Zum Unitatsproblem der Physik, Sitz. Preuss. Akad. Wiss. Phys.
Math. K1 (1921) 966

O. Klein, Quantentheorie und funfdimensionale Relativitatstheorie, Zeits.
Phys. 37 (1926) 895

In 1921, T. Kaluza showed that the gravitational and electromagnetic fields stem from a single universal tensor and such an intimate combination of the two interactions is possible in principle, with the introduction of an additional spacial dimension.

In 1926, Oscar Klein provided an explanation for Kaluza’s fifth dimension by proposing it to have a circular topology so that the coordinate y is periodic i.e., 0 ≤ y ≤ 2πR, where R is the radius of the circle S1. Thus the global space has topology R4× S1.

Kaluza-Klein compactification: although there are four space dimensions, one of the space dimensions is compact with a small radius.

Theodor Kaluza and Oscar Klein were able to recover four dimensional gravity as well as Maxwell’s equations for a vector field.

The extra space dimension somehow had collapsed down to a tiny circle "smaller than the smallest atom".

"Klein theorized that Kaluza's new dimension likely had somehow collapsed down to the "Planck length" itself -- supposedly the smallest possible size allowed by these fundamental interactions: 10-33 cm."

"Kaluza and Klein showed that this extra dimension would still have an effect on the space around us. In particular they showed that the effect of gravity in that very small fifth dimension would actually appear to us, from our larger-scale perspective, as electromagnetism."

Macarios

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2019, 11:13:15 PM »
You need to upgrade your knowledge of five-dimensional theory of relativity.

“It appears that the union of gravitation and Maxwell’s theory is achieved in a completely satisfactory way by the five-dimensional theory (Kaluza-Klein).”

(Einstein to H. A. Lorentz, 16 February 1927)

“Kaluza's roundabout way of introducing the five dimensional continuum allows us to regard the gravitational and electromagnetic fields as a unitary space structure”

Einstein, A. & Bergman, P., On a Generalization of Kaluza's Theory of Electricity. In: Modern Kaluza-Klein Theories. Menlo Park: Addison-Wesley, p. 93.

T. Kaluza, Zum Unitatsproblem der Physik, Sitz. Preuss. Akad. Wiss. Phys.
Math. K1 (1921) 966

O. Klein, Quantentheorie und funfdimensionale Relativitatstheorie, Zeits.
Phys. 37 (1926) 895

In 1921, T. Kaluza showed that the gravitational and electromagnetic fields stem from a single universal tensor and such an intimate combination of the two interactions is possible in principle, with the introduction of an additional spacial dimension.

In 1926, Oscar Klein provided an explanation for Kaluza’s fifth dimension by proposing it to have a circular topology so that the coordinate y is periodic i.e., 0 ≤ y ≤ 2πR, where R is the radius of the circle S1. Thus the global space has topology R4× S1.

Kaluza-Klein compactification: although there are four space dimensions, one of the space dimensions is compact with a small radius.

Theodor Kaluza and Oscar Klein were able to recover four dimensional gravity as well as Maxwell’s equations for a vector field.

The extra space dimension somehow had collapsed down to a tiny circle "smaller than the smallest atom".

"Klein theorized that Kaluza's new dimension likely had somehow collapsed down to the "Planck length" itself -- supposedly the smallest possible size allowed by these fundamental interactions: 10-33 cm."

"Kaluza and Klein showed that this extra dimension would still have an effect on the space around us. In particular they showed that the effect of gravity in that very small fifth dimension would actually appear to us, from our larger-scale perspective, as electromagnetism."

Ok, ok: what are the coordinates of Statue of Liberty in FIVE-dimensional coordinate system?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2019, 11:18:20 PM »
Don't you understand?

We are all CONNECTED to the five-dimension plane of existence through the BOSONS.

The Kaluza-Klein particle is the BOSON.

Please read the references provided so that you can understand this very important fact.

Anytime and anywhere you see a magnetism in action, an electrical device (such as the one which powers the Statue of Liberty's torch) you are witnessing the effects of FIVE DIMENSIONS relativity theory.

Macarios

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 11:30:33 PM »
Don't you understand?

We are all CONNECTED to the five-dimension plane of existence through the BOSONS.

The Kaluza-Klein particle is the BOSON.

Please read the references provided so that you can understand this very important fact.

Anytime and anywhere you see a magnetism in action, an electrical device (such as the one which powers the Statue of Liberty's torch) you are witnessing the effects of FIVE DIMENSIONS relativity theory.

First things first:
We can broaden the theoretical discussion AFTER we establish the practical connection with the very origin of this thread.

How many dimensions are today in practical use for, say, defining Geodetic Datums?
Is that way the Earth's shape defined (and measured) in more than three dimensions?

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2019, 11:32:28 PM »
Today there are FIVE DIMENSIONS AT WORK.

Totally proven by Weyl's affine connection theory as applied to relativity.

Totally proven by the existence of the Kaluza-Klein particle.

A higher dimension means a more INFINITESIMAL SUBDIVISION of the atom itself.

You find your higher dimensions at the quantum level.

Macarios

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2019, 11:40:21 PM »
Today there are FIVE DIMENSIONS AT WORK.

Totally proven by Weyl's affine connection theory as applied to relativity.

Totally proven by the existence of the Kaluza-Klein particle.

A higher dimension means a more INFINITESIMAL SUBDIVISION of the atom itself.

You find your higher dimensions at the quantum level.

All in all, how many dimensions are in practical use by Geodesy today?