“Sigma Octantis” and the Infinite Plane?

• 105 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: “Sigma Octantis” and the Infinite Plane?
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2019, 08:49:00 PM »
Explain why Sigma Octantis cannot be viewed as high as Polaris.
No, that's not my question. Read it again.
You question is meaningless because Sigma Octantis can be viewed as high as Polaris within a few tenths of a degree!

So stop insisting on an explanation of something that is not true!

From where with video, picture, latitude? Please
Read Gumwars post! From the Geographic South Pole, of course, at 90°S!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2019, 09:00:33 PM »
You question is meaningless because Sigma Octantis can be viewed as high as Polaris within a few tenths of a degree!

Plat, are you off your Meds? What are you asking? Gum couldn't have laid it out clearer for you. What is it that you seek?

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2019, 09:10:24 PM »
Yes I understood your words and graph. Now do you  understand mine?

Explain why Sigma Octantis cannot be viewed as high above the horizon as Polaris on video, camera (picture) or telescope.

Your response here indicates that you didn't understand my reply.  I understand you just fine.  What you don't seem to grasp is that the elevation of Polaris and Sigma Octantis is completely dependent on where each star is viewed from. 

90% of the Earth's human population lives in the northern hemisphere.  The distribution of landmass closer to the north pole is also greater in the norther hemisphere, meaning there will be more photos and videos of Polaris, at greater latitudes, which in turn means we get more photos and videos of Polaris at higher elevations in the night sky.

Here it is when viewed from Antarctica:

One more time:

Your two star trails don't match in Antarctica. One is looking straight up and the other center is at an angle. Which one is a fake picture?

I will post later about New Zealand. 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:12:54 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #93 on: September 03, 2019, 09:11:12 PM »

That one is fake. It's too narrow. Photoshop!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:30:36 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #94 on: September 03, 2019, 09:16:36 PM »
Yes I understood your words and graph. Now do you  understand mine?

Explain why Sigma Octantis cannot be viewed as high above the horizon as Polaris on video, camera (picture) or telescope.

Your response here indicates that you didn't understand my reply.  I understand you just fine.  What you don't seem to grasp is that the elevation of Polaris and Sigma Octantis is completely dependent on where each star is viewed from. 

90% of the Earth's human population lives in the northern hemisphere.  The distribution of landmass closer to the north pole is also greater in the norther hemisphere, meaning there will be more photos and videos of Polaris, at greater latitudes, which in turn means we get more photos and videos of Polaris at higher elevations in the night sky.

Here it is when viewed from Antarctica:

One more time:

Your two star trails don't match in Antarctica. One is looking straight up and the other center is at an angle. Which one is a fake picture?

I will post later about New Zealand.

Do you understand that it depends where you are, the observer, as to the angle of anything? Is this most basic notion lost on you?

Gumwars

• A poke in your eye good sir...
« Reply #95 on: September 03, 2019, 09:32:18 PM »
That one is fake.

You are utterly hopeless.  Again, your complete lack of basic comprehension in both reading and spatial reasoning have led us to this point.  If you can't see that your ignorance is contributing to your inability to understand these simple concepts, then there is no point in continuing this exercise.  All that will happen is you will continue to face ridicule while simultaneously claiming, falsely, that your position is correct. 

I'm really starting to think you are trolling us.  No one can be this dense.
Quote from: Carl Sagan
We should endeavor to always keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #96 on: September 03, 2019, 09:36:14 PM »

Quote from: Plat Terra

That one is fake.
Incorrect!  But we know your type! You automatically claim anything is a fake is you can't fit it into your "narrative".

But some very "senior" flat-earthers, including Tom Bishop and Sandokhan, would have no problem with that photo!
Unlike you, they are smart enough to realise that the South Geographic Pole is a single real place - get used to it!

That has been know for many many centuries but it was not reached until 14 December 1911.
Now run off and read this thread: World Record for the Fastest Circumnavigation of Earth via Both Poles
Here is the route:
Approaching southern tip of SA right now.

Try fitting that onto your flat earth map!

By the way, the record and the route are recognised by the FAI and I'd trust them before you any day!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #97 on: September 03, 2019, 09:50:22 PM »
I find it hard to believe that anyone can be as ignorant about geography as you seem to be!

The first photo simply says Antarctica and shows a rocky shore so it cannot possibly be at the Geographic South Pole!
"The northern tip of the Trinity Peninsula at 63°12′48″S 57°18′08″W" almost over 26° from the Geographic South Pole!

The second photo is from the Geographic South Pole!

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #98 on: September 03, 2019, 10:06:21 PM »

That one is fake. It's too narrow. Photoshop!

It isnt fake, here's a video:

I created a thread asking where is this place on FE,  still no answers from flatearthers. Hmmmm where could this place be...
You must gather your party before venturing forth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2019, 10:58:41 PM »
Neither!

And here's the website of someone who lives at THE ONE REAL Geographic South Pole:

Here's a video from there: Robert Schwarz: Videos from the bottom of the world - the geographic South Pole.

And another: FaceBook: South Pole Skies Yes, people live there over winter - Enjoy!

Plat Terra

« Reply #100 on: September 03, 2019, 11:05:08 PM »
You guys need a very serious education on how the stars work. Enjoy!

NASA and modern astronomy claim that star-trails in the Southern Hemisphere rotate clockwise, while those in the North rotate counter-clockwise and provide this as proof positive of their spinning ball-Earth. In reality, however, the Earth is an extended flat plane and all the stars and other celestial bodies rotate East to West around Polaris, the only non-moving star in the sky situated perfectly in line directly above the North Pole. The so-called "South Pole" and South Pole star "Sigma Octantis" are both myths - complete fabrications to bolster their ball model. The following video exposes the entire hoax and explains in detail how star-trails work on the flat Earth model, and how they do NOT on the ball.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 11:07:46 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2019, 11:53:47 PM »

NASA and modern astronomy claim that star-trails in the Southern Hemisphere rotate clockwise, while those in the North rotate counter-clockwise and provide this as proof positive of their spinning ball-Earth. In reality, however, the Earth is an extended flat plane and all the stars and other celestial bodies rotate East to West around Polaris, the only non-moving star in the sky situated perfectly in line directly above the North Pole. The so-called "South Pole" and South Pole star "Sigma Octantis" are both myths - complete fabrications to bolster their ball model. The following video exposes the entire hoax and explains in detail how star-trails work on the flat Earth model, and how they do NOT on the ball.

Exhausting...In reality, yes, star-trails in the Southern Hemisphere rotate clockwise, while those in the North rotate counter-clockwise. Period.

If you want to claim that Sigma Octantis is a myth, then prove it.

The Dubay disaster of video doesn't prove, show, evidence anything. Try and tease out one salient item from it. I sure can't. I couldn't find anywhere where it even remotely conveys how star-trails work on the flat Earth model, let alone how they don't work on a globe model. I particularly like the irony of him using Newtonian/Heliocentric/Globe coded software for his 'demonstration'. You do know what 'irony' means?

I think you would be better served by going over to Dubay's shitshow of a board at ifers.com. It's a perfect echo chamber for you. So thick with irony over there that you would fit right in.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2019, 12:08:42 AM »

Which part of the video shows the real southern sky from a southern location like Chile or New Zealand not rotating clockwise around the southern celestial pole?

Where is the timelapse of the southern cross moving sideways as your belief requires? Nowhere. You have no evidence of your claims, period.

The northern stars and the southern stars rotate in the exact same way, just in opposite directions. We have shown you plenty of evidence of this fact, that speaks volumes for the earth being a sphere. You are in denial.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2019, 02:01:13 AM »

NASA and modern astronomy claim that star-trails in the Southern Hemisphere rotate clockwise, while those in the North rotate counter-clockwise and provide this as proof positive of their spinning ball-Earth.
I don't think any of the star trail videos was connected NASA and only one from an astronomer.

But might the reason that astronomers "claim that star-trails in the Southern Hemisphere rotate clockwise, while those in the North rotate counter-clockwise" is because that is what is observed?

If might be proof "spinning ball-Earth" but it very good evidence that the North Pole centred circular disk earth cannot be correct!

In reality, however, the Earth is an extended flat plane and all the stars and other celestial bodies rotate East to West around Polaris, the only non-moving star in the sky situated perfectly in line directly above the North Pole.
No! You have never proven or even given good evidence of that!
And Polaris is not a "non-moving star in the sky situated perfectly in line directly above the North Pole."
Look at any good video of the Northern Star Trails and you will see that Polaris circles the North Celestial Pole just as Sigma Octantis does the South Celestial Pole.

You don't have much real idea about astronomy do you?

The so-called "South Pole" and South Pole star "Sigma Octantis" are both myths - complete fabrications to bolster their ball model. The following video exposes the entire hoax and explains in detail how star-trails work on the flat Earth model, and how they do NOT on the ball.

Flat Earth Star Trails Explained by Eric Dubay
If you believe Eric Dubay on any topic you are a bigger fool that I thought  you were!

At only 32 seconds in he posts this outright lie!

0:32 into "Flat Earth Star Trails Lies" Presented by Eric Dubay

That is totally false! From near sea-level Polaris cannot normally be seen south of even the Equator.
Because the earth is a Globe, however, can be seen from high altitude a few degrees south of the Equator!

But Polaris cannot be seen from near sea-level as far south as the Tropic of Capricorn.

JackBlack

« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2019, 03:53:34 AM »
There is nothing to defend.
Yes there is, the south celestial pole doesn't work on your pizza fantasy.
It is quite well documented, and shown every southern summer with the sun rising from south of east.

Your pathetic appeals for a phone call is just a distraction from the issue.
It isn't needed at all.

Explain why Sigma Octantis cannot be viewed as high above the horizon as Polaris.
Why would we need to explain your fantasy?
Go to the south pole and look up, go to the north pole and look up.
They can both be viewed quite high above the horizon. The actual height will depend on latitude.

So what? No one claims Antartica is a point.
The only reason one would expect them to be the same (but skewed) is if Earth was actually flat. The fact that they are different is just further proof that Earth isn't flat.?

Now, care to try and explain how the south celestial pole works on your fantasy?
It is quite well established as reality. You rejecting it to try and cling to fantasy wont magically make you correct; it will just make you wilfully ignorant of reality and show you do not care about the truth at all.
And no links to dishonest videos. You should be able to provide the explanation in text with a few images if necessary.

« Reply #105 on: September 04, 2019, 05:30:25 AM »
Wow.
A whole pg three of spamming the same question over and over again.
Dodnt ever pccur to you to ask it in a slightly different way?
Clearly you have comminuication issues on top of your inability to purchase a basketball and visualize yourself stand on tophemiphere vs south hemisphere to see that the floor would rotate one way and the ceiling the opposite.

Very real provable verifiable thiings.
Are you sayijg that people in argentina dont know what directions the stars turn?
Are you saying Argentinians are subsidized by nasa to perpetuate this lie?
Thats what youre inferring.