Disproving the flat earth, by sun angles.

• 19 Replies
Disproving the flat earth, by sun angles.
« on: August 25, 2019, 04:59:57 AM »
Disproving the sun is close on a flat world, with solar altitude measurements:
Once Eratosthenes measure the curvature of the earth this is true.

Sun altitude test, uses web (USNO) for max sun heights, to compare flat earth and close sun vs globe earth and far sun, in miles. Also using Google Earth for linear distances.
Picking 5 places on the earth, all close in Longitude, on Sep 24 so sun is overhead and still south on the equatorial city. Then assuming a flat earth, taking the sun height difference, TAN, 1/X, times the ground distance, will give you the alleged sun's altitude over each location. Notice as you go north the calculated sun's distance are NOT constant, it shrinks as the two points get further. If the results are inconsistent, then the concept of a flat earth and close sun are incorrect.

1. Libreville, Gabon,
          Lat +00.39, Max sun height 88.8, 0000 Mi Dist
2. Kano, Nigeria,
          Lat +12.00, Max sun height 77.3, 0799 Mi         = 3928 flat sun alt.
3. Tunis, Tunisia,
          Lat +36.80, Max sun height 53.6, 2505 Mi         = 3551
4. Frankfurt, Germany,
          Lat +50.11, Max sun height 39.2, 3245 Mi         = 2761
5. Oslo Norway,
           Lat +59.91, Max sun height 29.4, 4102 Mi         = 2425

You will notice that the distances close to the Equatorial location, are the same as the Earth's radius, because low angles do not produce much error. That is why short distance testing for earth's curvature seem to match a flat earth close sun, but only there. You can use any site for the sun angles, besides my choice.
Astronomer, photographer, and astro-photographer for 51 years. Satellite observer for 3 years, satellite builder in the 80's. Telescope maker and familiar with optical theory and designs. Machinists and machine tool programmer.

Re: Disproving the flat earth, by sun angles.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 04:50:23 PM »
Upside data is imaginary. But the reality is quite different:

Disproving the globe earth by sun angles.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2137912#msg2137912

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2110400#msg2110400

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2110081#msg2110081

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2110544#msg2110544

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2110550#msg2110550

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2110569#msg2110569

You have to be kidding.
Perspective is messing with you.
That is why your are not going to be a good photographer.
I even had to correct for perspective in the darkroom in the 70's.
Old stuff to me.

That is not a single sun and moon shot.
Actually use a fish eye lens, which maintains the amount of degrees per linear amount on at the focus.
There you will see the moon faces the sun.

Why not just measure the sun altitudes at local noon?
From 3 distant points in latitude, on the same day.
The longitudes don't even have to be the same.
Astronomer, photographer, and astro-photographer for 51 years. Satellite observer for 3 years, satellite builder in the 80's. Telescope maker and familiar with optical theory and designs. Machinists and machine tool programmer.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2019, 06:16:51 AM »

you'll compare the results by looking at what? Since the position of the sun visually draws a curved vertical trajectory relative to the ground, you cannot understand which of the spherical or straight models belongs. and if you see that it fits the flat earth model, you'll say it's because the world isn't a globe but sphere. Burden of making this experiment and sharing results is on your side,  because you've suggested it.

Get accept sun angles prove the flat earth, or prove the opposite by your own experiment, other than talking in vain.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2019, 05:40:16 PM »

you'll compare the results by looking at what? Since the position of the sun visually draws a curved vertical trajectory relative to the ground, you cannot understand which of the spherical or straight models belongs. and if you see that it fits the flat earth model, you'll say it's because the world isn't a globe but sphere. Burden of making this experiment and sharing results is on your side,  because you've suggested it.

Get accept sun angles prove the flat earth, or prove the opposite by your own experiment, other than talking in vain.

Apparently you don't know trig, to understand my list.
I don't have the burden, the shape is a given fact, I only verify it. Just because you and a few others don't want it to be a sphere, does not push the burden onto me, you have to come up with something real.
If the sun angles don't match the FE model, then you get rid of it.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2019, 11:05:58 PM »

I don't have the burden, the shape is a given fact, I only verify it. Just because you and a few others don't want it to be a sphere, does not push the burden onto me, you have to come up with something real.

sun angles match the FE model, hence I don't have to get rid of anything. If you think it does not match, so prove it. Otherwise get stop to baseless claims.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 01:35:55 AM »

sun angles match the FE model, hence I don't have to get rid of anything. If you think it does not match, so prove it. Otherwise get stop to baseless claims.
No they do not and one of the obvious examples is that at equinox the Sun does rise very close to due east - I know because I've checked it myself!

But with the flat earth sun circling about 5000 km above the equator at the equinox the sun could not rise due the east!

Look at the expected sunrise direction in Brisbane on your FE map with the sun circling above the equator:

At the equinox the sun does rise very close to due east - I know because I have observed it out my back door!
But your map would have the sun rising at 37 and not 90!

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 05:31:25 PM »

So you did not not check the math, and see the FE model does NOT match the angles it should be.
Please don't chose to be ignorant.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2019, 12:14:05 AM »

So you did not not check the math, and see the FE model does NOT match the angles it should be.

It theorically overlaps in my opinion. You had to prove opposite to encourage me to investigate it. You did not. So you can't say it. Your baseless claiming does not magically make wrong the flat model.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2019, 04:58:44 PM »

It theorically overlaps in my opinion. You had to prove opposite to encourage me to investigate it. You did not. So you can't say it. Your baseless claiming does not magically make wrong the flat model.

The flat earth claim requires the sun sun to maintain a certain level height above the flat earth.
These measurements disagree with it that FE model.
These measurements agree with the globe model.
No one has come forward to explain why the FE model still stands after this exposure.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 12:49:25 PM »

The flat earth claim requires the sun sun to maintain a certain level height above the flat earth.
No one has come forward to explain why the FE model still stands after this exposure.

These measurements where measurements.  You say you measured something, without any evidence.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 03:38:05 PM »

These measurements where measurements.  You say you measured something, without any evidence.

That web page and many other sites that tell you the sun angle, all show the errors of you ways. Why would all of them have incorrect info, for things like photo-voltaic array placement?
I do not need measure them myself, it would require a lot of jet trips.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2019, 09:48:28 PM »
But with the flat earth sun circling about 5000 km above the equator at the equinox the sun could not rise due the east!
Look at the expected sunrise direction in Brisbane on your FE map with the sun circling above the equator:

At the equinox the sun does rise very close to due east - I know because I have observed it out my back door!
But your map would have the sun rising at 37 and not 90!

But Earth is not the shape you think it is. Therefore what you think is East, may not be East. You are using reference points as if the Earth is a spherical ball occupying 3D space.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

?

alex314

• Truth, knowledge and science.
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 09:56:05 PM »

sun angles match the FE model,

Please can you provide a link to the FE model? I never ever saw a complete model for a flat earth.

But I mean a really good description, not just 'forum' articles or crap. What I want is a """"scientific"""" description/model of the flat earth.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 09:58:07 PM »
But Earth is not the shape you think it is. Therefore what you think is East, may not be East. You are using reference points as if the Earth is a spherical ball occupying 3D space.
Yes, I am "are using reference points as if the Earth is a spherical ball occupying 3D space" which it is in "3D space".

But, Mr Smarty Pants, what shape does your Asinine Shifty Ignorance think the Earth really is 3D space?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2019, 10:09:53 PM »
Yes, I am "are using reference points as if the Earth is a spherical ball occupying 3D space" which it is in "3D space".

But, Mr Smarty Pants, what shape does your Asinine Shifty Ignorance think the Earth really is 3D space?

The terms and definitions have not been invented yet to describe it. therefore the answer would mean nothing to you or anyone else.

A pity you will die before a whole new world of data and discoveries will be made. It would be so grand to see the look on your face when you realise that everything you thought you knew about the world and the universe was wrong

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 12:34:40 AM »

The terms and definitions have not been invented yet to describe it. therefore the answer would mean nothing to you or anyone else.

In other words you know nothing, bye bye Sargent Shulz!

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 12:38:55 AM »

In other words you know nothing, bye bye Sargent Shulz!

Oh I know, and it makes perfect logical sense. But in order to get you to know, I would have to reschool you on everything you thought you knew and use terminology that does not exist yet. In any event, you would simply accuse me of making shit up, so I wont bother.

Do you think you can respond with a somewhat intelligent answer or are you stuck on this immaturity setting?

Know your place

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 01:39:52 AM »

A pity you will die before a whole new world of data and discoveries will be made. It would be so grand to see the look on your face when you realise that everything you thought you knew about the world and the universe was wrong

Missing Data Fallacy
(also known as: missing information fallacy)

Description: Refusing to admit ignorance to the hypothesis and/or the conclusion, but insisting that your ignorance has to do with missing data that validate both the hypothesis and conclusion.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2019, 03:43:41 AM »
In any event, you would simply accuse me of making shit up, so I wont bother.
Until you post something other the BS I guess I'll continue to "simply accuse me of making shit up".

Quote from: Shifter
Do you think you can respond with a somewhat intelligent answer or are you stuck on this immaturity setting?
When you are prepared "respond with a somewhat intelligent answer" and cease pretending that you our new Newton, Einstein, Richard Feynman, Stephen Hawking, Steven Weinberg and Michio Kaku all rolled into one.

PS When I make the simple claim that the sun rises due east of here at the equinox I base that on personal observation in the 3D space I live in.
      You can live in the 11D space of string theory or the 12D space of brane theory if you like.
      If you have nothing relevant to "Disproving the flat earth, by sun angles" butt out!