Mercury transit incoming 11th Nov 2019

• 2 Replies

kopfverderber

• Globularist
Mercury transit incoming 11th Nov 2019
« on: August 12, 2019, 07:06:03 AM »
Dear flatearthers. Since FE model doesn't seem able to predict planetary transits, I thought it would be nice to share this information: The next Mercury transit is just 3 months away! It will take place on November 11th. 

On this day it will be possible to watch planet Mercury passing between the earth and the sun as RE predicts. The transit will be  visible in full in South America and US East coast. The rest of America, Africa and Europe will get a good view as well. Australians and Chinese are out of luck, they won't see any of it.

Next mercury transit after this one will take place in 2032! Do not waste this opportunity to make some zetetic observations and draw your conclusions of where Mercury could be.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: Mercury transit incoming 11th Nov 2019
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 08:14:48 AM »
Please don't stare directly at the sun without the proper filters!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Re: Mercury transit incoming 11th Nov 2019
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 05:10:06 PM »
The Venus transits were way better, but none of those for a while too.
I wonder if the FE people know the transits were used to measure the earth's distance to the sun, in the past.
Astronomer, photographer, and astro-photographer for 51 years. Satellite observer for 3 years, satellite builder in the 80's. Telescope maker and familiar with optical theory and designs. Machinists and machine tool programmer.