Is FE a dogma to you?

• 6 Replies
Is FE a dogma to you?
« on: August 02, 2019, 07:51:59 PM »
Hey, I wondered, if the FE is dogmatic to flat earthers.. maybe the users here can tell me.. it always seemed to me, that most wouldn't ever Change their mind even when confronted with overwhelming evidence..

If you don't know what a dogma is: a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

Thanks.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Is FE a dogma to you?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 08:24:58 AM »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2019, 03:53:11 AM »
Is gravity a dogma to you?

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2192248#msg2192248

When the boy's mother asked him what animal bit his leg, he replied, dogma.....

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 04:12:52 AM »
Is gravity a dogma to you?

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2192248#msg2192248
Nothing there even hints that gravity is not real. All it says is that:
Einstein's right, at least for now. We can absolutely rule out Newton's law of gravity.

But even that does not mean that "Newton's law of gravity" is not very close where velocities are small compared to c and gravitational fields are small as on Earth or even most of the solar system.

So, no gravity is not a dogma but is quite measurable and no one claims that all the details of the theory of gravitation are known or understood.

What is known is that here on earth and in the Solar System, as Einstein himself, in effect, stated, Newton's Laws of Motion and Gravitation are extraordinarily accurate.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 03:01:26 PM »
If you don't know what a dogma is: a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.
Who is the authority?
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 09:13:25 AM »
Yeah, I can't say its a dogma if you can't provide an common authority for the belief.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 06:09:33 PM »
For the flat earthers who started researching flat earth as a result of what they've read in the bible for instance, I think for them, yes, flat earth is a dogma. For them, it's contained within the scriptures, and if they believe god is the authority for the bible, then God is the authority for the flat earth. Usually this is bible literalists who interpret every word in the bible in the literal sense. For others, who get sucked in via youtube videos, it isn't dogma, and most of them are questioning the ideas presented.