Equator

• 10 Replies
?

EnragedPenguin

• The Elder Ones
Equator
« on: December 19, 2005, 07:14:50 AM »
I was looking at the map of the flat earth (the one in the logo) and I noticed something, on the flat earth map the equator (going through Africa and south America) is only across the bottom half of the earth. Now if this where so that would mean that it would always be winter in Australia because the sunlight will always strike it at an angle which spreads the light (and heat) over a larger area.
And it would also mean that the sunlight is always directly striking the southern half of the world, and stop me if I'm wrong but that might cause a 150 foot ice wall some problems.
A different world cannot be built by indifferent people.

Equator
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 06:20:25 PM »
And its a bit not always winter in Australia
 hate you all... The world is a god damn icosahedron you bunch of flatearther bogans.

?

Dr_Bill

Ice Wall Image
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 07:48:26 PM »
Penguins Hit "The Wall"

Gee Wizz, .... This looks like the end of the Flat Earth.

Re: Ice Wall Image
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 09:32:25 PM »
Quote from: "Dr_Bill"
Penguins Hit "The Wall"

Gee Wizz, .... This looks like the end of the Flat Earth.

Amusing. Really it is. But I have no clue what you just said.

Equator
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 04:36:11 PM »
Hey, Dr_Bill: stay on topic! It's just too irritating when a topic is subverted by a remark, or worse, a graphic, which is completely beside the point. If you want to post pretty (irrelevant) pictures, that's fine: just do it in a separate thread of your own.

Honestly, it's too much to expect any sense from at least half of the posters in this forum.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
Equator
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 08:43:05 PM »
Dr. Bill is simply showing that a photo can appear doctored. If we look at the smaller picture he has on the right, it clearly appears as a wall of Ice. If we look to the left we can see an open landscape.  In one we see a wall of ice in the other we see a landscape.  What he is doing in that picture is showing how a picture can deceive us.  How do we know the picture on the left of a landscape is not that of a smaller picture.

Equator
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2005, 08:01:43 AM »
Quote from: "bullhorn"
Dr. Bill is simply showing that a photo can appear doctored.

Ummm . . . that is precisely the point: the thread wasn't about pictures, or penguins, or even how they can be altered. It was about the flat Earth, the equator, and how a 150 foot ice wall is going to be able to withstand constant sun on it. That Dr_Bill should stay on topic applies to you too.

Quote from: "bullhorn"
If we look at the smaller picture he has on the right, it clearly appears as a wall of Ice. If we look to the left we can see an open landscape.  In one we see a wall of ice in the other we see a landscape.  What he is doing in that picture is showing how a picture can deceive us.  How do we know the picture on the left of a landscape is not that of a smaller picture.

For one thing the picture is not even doctored. It's just a smaller part of the larger picture, and that's not doctoring, that's just cropping, which is otherwise known as editing. I don't particularly think the image on the right even looks like an ice wall anyway. And, finally, the image on the left is part of a bigger picture: what you would have been able to see if you were actually standing there. That's what it means to take a picture.

Listen, you really don't pay much attention to what's posted, do you? I think it would be an awfully good idea if you were to try reading some of the posts through before you start replying: the point of my post was that Dr_Bill, as usual, goes totally off topic; you follow that by doing exactly the same thing. Weird. I guess I can't expect sense on this forum, but it would be nice if people actually tried reading what was posted. No offense to those who do manage to read the posts; it just seems like people (and flat Earthers, on quick examination of the posts on this forum, are way more likely to do this) deliberately ignore what was posted to make some irrelevant point. Sorry: they really do.

?

6strings

• The Elder Ones
Equator
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2005, 01:37:34 PM »
Oh, Snap!  Bullhorn just got schooled.

bullhorn

• Flat Earth Scientist
Equator
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2005, 08:09:46 PM »
I do read what is posted.  Mundi I was showing how we cannot always trust a picture, Dr. Bill showed us why that is so. A picture can be changed just as you said.  I simply am casting doubt on the round earth theory just as you try to cast doubt on the flat earth theory both are valid theories and both have valid evidence to defend them, you just favor one as I favor the other.

Equator
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2005, 10:32:05 PM »
I reiterate (as it seems I must do so frequently on this site just in order to communicate) that this thread had nothing to do with pictures. It was about equators and ice walls. Not about the evidence of pictures and how that evidence can be manipulated or misinterpreted. Not about penguins. Not about how one demonstrates an argument. None of these. It was about the equator and the ice wall, and how it can survive under constant sunshine, as outlined by the original poster.

I think this thread is dead: sorry, EnragedPenguin. It's been subverted by flat Earthers who actually have no real point to make. As usual. The original point has been lost as always by the flats: in the absence of a real argument, again this one probably goes to the round Earthers, which is becoming all too common at the moment.

You know, I came to this site thinking there might be the possibility of reasonable, well-argued debate on a pretty weird topic. Disappointment is rife, it would appear. Pity.

?

Ididit

Equator
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2006, 01:49:25 AM »
Someone posts a picture of panguins in the south pole and everyone gets all upset about it being doctored?  Panguins in snow and ice....what a concept!