When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1320 on: August 29, 2019, 11:58:03 AM »
Look Plat from the same video: I can see Istanbul from the ISS!!!

So how much of the earth would you expect to see looking straight down from the ISS with such a small window?

Why do I have to point out it's fake?

If it were real, you should be able to see a lake or river in Istanbul.

Look mommy, I can see a lake from the ISS!!

Have you ever been in Istanbul? What lake or river should I see?

You should see the one taking up the view of the center window.

Look this is Istanbul. The body of water in the middle is not a lake or a river, it's the sea of Marmara. So what part of Istanbul surroundings is missing in the picture from the ISS again?

I meant Turkey.  The picture I posted has a view of a river or lake as viewed from the center window. The picture you posted has the country turkey in the same window. Two different magnifications from the same window. And one picture has the entire Earth and the other a horizon of Earth. Fake pictures from NASA.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 12:07:58 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they canít actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

?

frenat

« Reply #1321 on: August 29, 2019, 12:02:38 PM »

so we can add orbital mechanics to the vast list of subjects that Plat is ignorant of. Pic likely taken by another spacecraft before or after docking.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1322 on: August 29, 2019, 12:09:47 PM »

Is this image from NASA? May I know where did you get this image from?

I can only find it in a digital assets marketplace:
https://videohive.net/item/earth-as-seen-through-window-of-space-station/10509307
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Plat Terra

« Reply #1323 on: August 29, 2019, 12:10:47 PM »

so we can add orbital mechanics to the vast list of subjects that Plat is ignorant of. Pic likely taken by another spacecraft before or after docking.

Where is the docking station in relation to the ISS?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they canít actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1324 on: August 29, 2019, 12:18:18 PM »
I meant Turkey.  The picture I posted has a view of a river or lake as viewed from the center window. The picture you posted has the country turkey in the same window. Two different magnifications from the same window. And one picture has the entire Earth and the other a horizon of Earth. Fake pictures from NASA.

First I don't know where you found the "lake picture", please clarify the origin of this picture, prove it comes from NASA or other space agency, then we can discuss it. As stated above I could only find this image in a marketplace for digital assets.

The picture that shows Istanbul doesn't show the entire earth, just Istanbul and surrounding west turkey (beautiful country, I love Turkey btw). The window is small and ISS orbits is not that high up.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1325 on: August 29, 2019, 12:24:06 PM »
NASA continues to prove they fake Space. You just have to know where to look.  Different pictures of the ISS observation window reveal many different shapes and sizes of Earth. They canít get the CGI right on the other side of the window. 

Small Sphere Earth.

Big Sphere Earth.

.....and no we have Plane Earth.

So which is it?

Is Earth a ...

1. Small sphere Earth

2. Big sphere Earth

3. Plane Earth.

Pick one wisely.

Are you ready to accept defeat yet?

Covered on the site many times. Thatís not a flat window. Itís a dome. A more fish eye type lens  was used inside it to get the round looking photo.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

frenat

« Reply #1326 on: August 29, 2019, 12:26:20 PM »

The docking port is on the ISS. IIRC there is more than one. Why would that matter? The point is that another spacecraft might be in a higher orbit to slow down in relation to the station in order to match orbits before docking. This appears to be relatively close anyway so it could be at almost any time before docking or after undocking. There is no problem with it being slightly higher than the station. Only YOU seem to have an issue with it proving your ignorance once again.

Thanks for the humor!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:22:49 PM by frenat »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1327 on: August 29, 2019, 12:32:49 PM »
NASA continues to prove they fake Space. You just have to know where to look.  Different pictures of the ISS observation window reveal many different shapes and sizes of Earth. They canít get the CGI right on the other side of the window. 

Small Sphere Earth.

Big Sphere Earth.

So which is it?

Is Earth a ...

1. Small sphere Earth

2. Big sphere Earth

3. Plane Earth.

Pick one wisely.

Covered on the site many times. Thatís not a flat window. Itís a dome. A more fish eye type lens  was used inside it to get the round looking photo.

The last picture posted by Plat looks fake. Like someone used images taken from a plane and then superposed the ISS window. The video is on sale here:
https://elements.envato.com/earth-as-seen-through-window-of-space-station-6GYAEHM

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1328 on: August 29, 2019, 01:03:24 PM »

Small Sphere Earth.

Not sure where you got this image from, but it has come up before. Here's what I found the last time:

That image is a creation by ESO.org, as part of a planetarium presentation using what they call "fulldome" imagery. It's 'fake', if you will, and never intended to not be. It's part of planetarium presentations they have to aid in displaying the wonders of the cosmos, as planetariums tend to do. Here are a bunch more.

https://www.eso.org/public/videos/archive/category/fulldome/

But my favorite thing is when those, like yourself, overly saddled with conspiratorial proclivities and inclinations are prone to jump on any web image, video or otherwise that triggers a belief system spasm, much like you have presented here. Keep up the good work.

Next.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1329 on: August 29, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »

Not the same photo, but to get such a shot, you just have to be on your way to the ISS or on your way back from it. Here's the caption for the following similar image:

"The crew of Soyuz MS-08 spacecraft took this image of the International Space Station in October 2018. Russian space agency Roscosmos released the photo to celebrate the space station's 20th anniversary."

Next.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1330 on: August 29, 2019, 01:50:44 PM »

Small Sphere Earth.

Not sure where you got this image from, but it has come up before. Here's what I found the last time:

That image is a creation by ESO.org, as part of a planetarium presentation using what they call "fulldome" imagery. It's 'fake', if you will, and never intended to not be. It's part of planetarium presentations they have to aid in displaying the wonders of the cosmos, as planetariums tend to do. Here are a bunch more.

https://www.eso.org/public/videos/archive/category/fulldome/

But my favorite thing is when those, like yourself, overly saddled with conspiratorial proclivities and inclinations are prone to jump on any web image, video or otherwise that triggers a belief system spasm, much like you have presented here. Keep up the good work.

Next.

There all fake photos from the fake ISS.  This photo of an itty bitty earth is about the same as the one your saying is fake.  So it must be a real fake photo from NASA.

Control a Camera on the ISS April 10-16, 2018!

https://www.spacestationexplorers.org/control-camera-iss-april-10-16/

(this picture is on the webpage)

Accept defeat or continue to defend NASAís fake pics.  Your choice.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:56:37 PM by Plat Terra »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1331 on: August 29, 2019, 01:54:08 PM »

Once again. What is the source of this picture?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1332 on: August 29, 2019, 02:00:11 PM »

I am not sure. It's been in my file for over a year.

All pictures of Earth viewed through the observation window are fake. You're problem, not mine.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1333 on: August 29, 2019, 02:01:50 PM »
Not sure where you got this image from,

The image comes from here:
https://sservi.nasa.gov/articles/the-world-outside-my-window-time-lapse-of-earth-from-the-iss/

Stop at 0:22 seconds
Its part of Mission ISS031, Frames: 26008-26202

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1334 on: August 29, 2019, 02:04:48 PM »

All pictures of Earth viewed through the observation window are fake. You're problem, not mine.
People track the ISS.

Thatís your problem.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1335 on: August 29, 2019, 02:10:15 PM »

No, images from the ISS are not fake. Your picture is fake because it is not made from the ISS and it's your problem because you are using it and you can't say where it comes from. It certainly doesn't come from NASA or other space agencies.

Did you take the image from this video?
https://elements.envato.com/earth-as-seen-through-window-of-space-station-6GYAEHM

Are you seriously trying to pass a video made by some guy as a ISS image? That's embarrassing. At least be honest and use real ISS pictures coming from NASA.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1336 on: August 29, 2019, 02:24:00 PM »
No, Mr Plat Terra, NASA DOES NOT continue to prove they fake Space. You continue to prove either:
  • You are totally ignorant of anything to do with photography (and most other things) and hence not qualified to makes claims like this or

• you are a deceptive troll simply out to cause trouble.
Which it it?

Quote from: Plat Terra
Small Sphere Earth.

NO! It is a photo taken with a 180į fish-eye lens! Do you know nothing about photography?

Big Sphere Earth.

YES! As YOU very well KNOW, the earth is a very BIG SPHERE!

No, we DO NOT! We have a photo of a small part of the horizon which looks nearly flat!

Look is this a straight line?

So which is it?
Is Earth a ...
1. Small sphere Earth
2. Big sphere Earth
3. Plane Earth.

I have carefully thought about the matter and decided that:
  • The earth is a huge sphere about 7920 miles or 12,740 km in diameter and
  • Plat Terra is an deceptive troll! Nobody could be as ignorant about photography (and everything else) as YOU pretend to be!

Less than ever, thank you Mr Plat Terra!

If you presented any reasonable arguments it might be different but I guess that since the "RE community" is correct that YOU have no reasonable arguments!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1337 on: August 29, 2019, 02:38:00 PM »

No good enough by a long shot, Mr Plat Terra! For all we know YOU could easily have "Photoshopped" the photos youself!

The photo below was used in another "anti-NASA rant", a video this time:

Photoshopped "Earth from Moon", used by odiupicku

But I know it is "Photoshopped" and is NOT a genuine NASA photo and I believe I know the source of it.

So, Mr Plat Terra, if you want to "prove" NASA fakes photos YOU must know and post the source of your photo to prove that they are from NASA's image library!

Got that! So Once again. What is the source of this picture?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1338 on: August 29, 2019, 02:40:57 PM »

No, we DO NOT! We have a photo of a small part of the horizon which looks nearly flat!

Rab, that last picture from Plat looks very fake. It looks as it was made from a plane at much lower altitude than the ISS, then the ISS window was superposed.  It comes from a video made by some guy, which can be bought at online market places like this:

The video editing is quite crappy, if you stop at 0:11 you will some kind of object or reflection and then it's deleted:

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1339 on: August 29, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »

Plat, simple: Source your images if you want to talk about them. Otherwise there's no discussion to be had. "I found this in a folder from a year ago" is lazy and disingenuous. Step up your game.

Ok, Plat has provided about 50 proofs that the earth is round. 150 left to go.

Next.

JackBlack

« Reply #1340 on: August 29, 2019, 02:49:42 PM »
NASA continues to prove they fake Space. You just have to know where to look.  Different pictures of the ISS observation window reveal many different shapes and sizes of Earth.
You mean you continue to prove you either have no idea what you are talking about or are blatantly lying to everyone.

Amazingly enough, different cameras and even different settings on a camera result in different pictures which makes objects appear different.
The first looks like a fish eye lens, the second a normal camera.
As pointed out by others, the third is almost certainly a fake. In order for it to be a real photo the ISS would have had to have been at a different angle, as that observation window points down, so Earth should be in the centre.

But as already pointed out, providing a fake photo doesn't show that NASA fakes anything. It shows that you or someone else fakes it.
In order to show NASA is faking it you need to show the picture from NASA, preferably in its original context, to show that NASA is presenting it as a genuine photo, and then also show it is fake.

So without linking to the NASA source, you have proven absolutely nothing about NASA.

And no, the third does not show a flat Earth.

Why do I have to point out it's fake?
You have to justify your claim that it is fake if you want any rational person to admit defeat.
You are yet to do so, all you have done is baselessly asserted nonsense.

If it were real, you should be able to see a lake or river in Turkey.
You mean like the sea of Marmara, which is clearly visible as the large body of water, Illichivsk - Derince cutting through Istanbul, or Iznik Golu just to the south?

Thanks for once again showing you are happy to reject what is clearly visible just to try and attack reality and promote your FE fantasy.

Two different magnifications from the same window.
I wouldn't call them magnifications. You get 2 different views from 2 different cameras.
Again, there is nothing surprising about that.

No, it is entirely your problem, as all we have to indicate the photos from NASA are fake is your worthless, baseless claim.

« Reply #1341 on: August 29, 2019, 02:52:41 PM »
So the jist of this latest rant is that plata uses fake photos to claim that they dont look right.
NBicolas cage says "you dotn say?"

And to recap the previous point you ran away from.
Are you saying that
Rab can see the north star from his house in australia?
Because i cant see the south stars from canada.
This very easily checked proof you threw out there.
Are you saying this?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1342 on: August 29, 2019, 03:13:04 PM »

Not the same photo, but to get such a shot, you just have to be on your way to the ISS or on your way back from it. Here's the caption for the following similar image:

"The crew of Soyuz MS-08 spacecraft took this image of the International Space Station in October 2018. Russian space agency Roscosmos released the photo to celebrate the space station's 20th anniversary."

Next.

Next?  OK,
Why donít you write NASA and ask them why is the form and shape of Earthís circumference never the same in the ISS selfies?  In some photos it continues to warp and never appears to be the same continues curve from one side (from center) to the other and from one picture to the other. And why is Earth larger in some pics than others even though the picture is taken from the same altitude as the ISS?

Ask them why, Earthís shape is never uniform in these photos. Why? These are logical questions the Globe community must address and get an answer from NASA.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:21:26 PM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #1343 on: August 29, 2019, 03:23:26 PM »
Ah, to die knowing what you believed is a just plain wrong, and to know people ridicule you for your at-best-medieval view!

Yes, itís a shame the medieval astronomers warped the minds of people with all types of fantasies that continue today as truth. They could have explored other reigons on the infinite Plane, instead of being bound to a world they thought was a sphere and could never leave.  What a true shame.

https://i.imgur.com/Jv455HI.jpg
That simply asks a question, "Was this world map made ten centuries ago? " There's no evidence or proof of anything there.
And are newspapers evidence of anything? Hardly!

Especially as!

Hawaiian Gazette January 11, 1911

As I wrote in a blog post discussing this article, the following article comes to us from the January 11, 1907 edition of the Hawaiian Gazette and alleges to be a map of the world made in Japan more than 1,000 years ago. But as critical readers will notice, the story has more than a few hints of the Zeno Map story. As with that infamous map, this one is also a redrawn modern copy of an allegedly ancient map unseen by anyone. Like the Zeno Map, the original was also allegedly rotten with age, explained by a mysterious ancient letter unseen by anyone else, and it also serves to glorify the geographic areas connected to its ďdiscoverer.Ē In this case a Japanese resident of Hawaii found a map in Japan that was ignorant of Madagascar, Greenland, and Polynesia but somehow managed to include Hawaii front and center!

Thereís a pretty good indication that the journalist who wrote the piece knew it was a hoax: He compares it to James De Milleís 1888 novel Manuscript found in a Copper Cylinder, a satirical tale of an underground world.

Run away and stop foisting more flat earth hoaxes on us!

I expect the opposition to muddy the watersí.  If it were a Globe Earth map you would praise the newspaper, but since the center looks similar to the Gleason Map it must be discredited at all cost.

The following Gleason map will let you know were the Sun is any time of the day.

OK mr Terra...explain this.
Why does the moon appear to be upside down when viewed the the Southern Hemisphere, as compared to how it looks in the Northern Hemisphere?  You can add to that constellations like Orion.?

Because those in the south are looking north. It's all about "Orientation". Face south lean back and look at the Moon and you can see the same face as those in the north.

Your answer is a clear demonstration that you donít understand the question. Leaning back is no  answer. The moon in the Southern Hemisphere is upside down compared to the view from the Northern Hemisphere......let me repeat, upside down.

If I were to show you two cars one on itís wheels and the other on itís roof, would leaning back correct the view of the one on its Roof?......it has do do with orientation, yes because we are on a sphere.
Flat earthers can go on about NASA all day and their Ďallegedí phoney pictures, but ask them to explain why the moon is upside down when viewed from the Southern Hemisphere and they, like you flounder, as they have no answer.

?

frenat

« Reply #1344 on: August 29, 2019, 03:32:36 PM »

Why donít you write NASA and ask them why is the form and shape of Earthís circumference never the same in the ISS selfies?  In some photos it continues to warp and never appears to be the same continues curve from one side (from center) to the other and from one picture to the other. And why is Earth larger in some pics than others even though the picture is taken from the same altitude as the ISS?

Ask them why, Earthís shape is never uniform in these photos. Why? These are logical questions the Globe community must address and get an answer from NASA.

So you're completely ignorant of camera lenses too. You would only have a point IF all of those photos were taken with the same lens from the same distance. Since they were not, then you have again failed.

Thanks for the humor!

Plat Terra

« Reply #1345 on: August 29, 2019, 03:33:04 PM »
Ah, to die knowing what you believed is a just plain wrong, and to know people ridicule you for your at-best-medieval view!

Yes, itís a shame the medieval astronomers warped the minds of people with all types of fantasies that continue today as truth. They could have explored other reigons on the infinite Plane, instead of being bound to a world they thought was a sphere and could never leave.  What a true shame.

https://i.imgur.com/Jv455HI.jpg
That simply asks a question, "Was this world map made ten centuries ago? " There's no evidence or proof of anything there.
And are newspapers evidence of anything? Hardly!

Especially as!

Hawaiian Gazette January 11, 1911

As I wrote in a blog post discussing this article, the following article comes to us from the January 11, 1907 edition of the Hawaiian Gazette and alleges to be a map of the world made in Japan more than 1,000 years ago. But as critical readers will notice, the story has more than a few hints of the Zeno Map story. As with that infamous map, this one is also a redrawn modern copy of an allegedly ancient map unseen by anyone. Like the Zeno Map, the original was also allegedly rotten with age, explained by a mysterious ancient letter unseen by anyone else, and it also serves to glorify the geographic areas connected to its ďdiscoverer.Ē In this case a Japanese resident of Hawaii found a map in Japan that was ignorant of Madagascar, Greenland, and Polynesia but somehow managed to include Hawaii front and center!

Thereís a pretty good indication that the journalist who wrote the piece knew it was a hoax: He compares it to James De Milleís 1888 novel Manuscript found in a Copper Cylinder, a satirical tale of an underground world.

Run away and stop foisting more flat earth hoaxes on us!

I expect the opposition to muddy the watersí.  If it were a Globe Earth map you would praise the newspaper, but since the center looks similar to the Gleason Map it must be discredited at all cost.

The following Gleason map will let you know were the Sun is any time of the day.

OK mr Terra...explain this.
Why does the moon appear to be upside down when viewed the the Southern Hemisphere, as compared to how it looks in the Northern Hemisphere?  You can add to that constellations like Orion.?

Because those in the south are looking north. It's all about "Orientation". Face south lean back and look at the Moon and you can see the same face as those in the north.

Your answer is a clear demonstration that you donít understand the question. Leaning back is no  answer. The moon in the Southern Hemisphere is upside down compared to the view from the Northern Hemisphere......let me repeat, upside down.

If I were to show you two cars one on itís wheels and the other on itís roof, would leaning back correct the view of the one on its Roof?......it has do do with orientation, yes because we are on a sphere.
Flat earthers can go on about NASA all day and their Ďallegedí phoney pictures, but ask them to explain why the moon is upside down when viewed from the Southern Hemisphere and they, like you flounder, as they have no answer.

Itís no different than looking up at the Moon 5í from the equator and walking 5í across and looking up again without turning north. It's all about "Orientation". Deal with it!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1346 on: August 29, 2019, 03:49:41 PM »

Next.

Next?  OK,

I don't have to ask them they tell us when you look up the details of a given, official image. It comes down to camera and lenses. Quite simple really. For instance, a 43 mm lens on a full frame camera is roughly equivalent to the human eye. Here's a shot from NASA, ISS040-E-068656, captioned:
"(16 July 2014) --- The Orbital Sciencesí Cygnus cargo craft (bottom center) is photographed by an Expedition 40 crew member on the International Space Station during rendezvous and capture operations."

https://www.nasa.gov/content/cygnus-approaches-station-for-robotic-grapple

When you look at the same NASA image on their flicker account you get more camera detail as well as the EXIF file if you want it:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasa2explore/14493038209/

Notice the 34 mm focal length referenced. That can give you an idea as to how much distortion is in the image, not much in this case.

That's how photography works.

Next.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1347 on: August 29, 2019, 03:50:16 PM »

So you're completely ignorant of camera lenses too. You would only have a point IF all of those photos were taken with the same lens from the same distance. Since they were not, then you have again failed.

Thanks for the humor!

I have yet to write about all the satellite selfies.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1348 on: August 29, 2019, 03:52:18 PM »

Next.

Next?  OK,

I don't have to ask them they tell us when you look up the details of a given, official image. It comes down to camera and lenses. Quite simple really. For instance, a 43 mm lens on a full frame camera is roughly equivalent to the human eye. Here's a shot from NASA, ISS040-E-068656, captioned:
"(16 July 2014) --- The Orbital Sciencesí Cygnus cargo craft (bottom center) is photographed by an Expedition 40 crew member on the International Space Station during rendezvous and capture operations."

https://www.nasa.gov/content/cygnus-approaches-station-for-robotic-grapple

When you look at the same NASA image on their flicker account you get more camera detail as well as the EXIF file if you want it:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nasa2explore/14493038209/

Notice the 34 mm focal length referenced. That can give you an idea as to how much distortion is in the image, not much in this case.

That's how photography works.

Next.

It's not working well with NASA's pictures.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1349 on: August 29, 2019, 04:00:16 PM »
Ask them why, Earthís shape is never uniform. Why?
We don't have to "Ask them why Earthís shape is never uniform" because the Earthís shape is quite uniform!

All that silly meme proves is your abject ignorance of photography!

The curve of the horizon depends on the field-of-view.
Sometimes might be distorted by the barrel distortion common on very wide-angle lenses or severely distorted by 180į fish-eye lenses!

Read this!
It is about the photographic equipment used on the ISS but since YOU do not publish the SOURCE of YOUR photos YOU can research what cameras and lenses were used!
Quote from: John Aldred
This is the camera gear that NASA use on the International Space Station

Recently, in a Space Station Live stream, American astronaut Jeff Williams received the question again and went into some detail on the equipment they use on the ISS.

Space Station Live: Williams Talks Candidly about Cameras

Known for the high level of detail they can capture, wide dynamic range, and high ISO performance, NASAís weapon of choice today is the Nikon D4, of which the ISS houses several, along with a wide selection of Nikon lenses, including the Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR shown in this image.

NASA range of lenses includes everything from super wide angle, to ďseveralĒ of the massive Nikon 800mm f/5.6E FL ED VR, which becomes 1120mm equivalent when used with the Nikon AF-S FX TC-14E III 1.4x Teleconverter.

<< See the rest at the link. >>

So you still have nothing!
And the so-called "RE Community" will NEVER "Accept Defeat" for the obvious and simple reason that the earth really is a rotating Globe, get used to it!

Where YOU like it or not or whether YOU accept it or not the earth rotates, look at a nice sped up image of the earth rotating and the far side of the moon:
NASA SCIENCE, SOLAR SYSTEM EXPLORATION: Face of Earth

Source: NASA/NOAA
Published: January 30, 2018
Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) satellite's EPIC maintains a constant view of the fully illuminated Earth as it rotates,
providing scientific observations of ozone, vegetation, cloud height and aerosols in the atmosphere.

About twice a year the camera captures the Moon and Earth together as the orbit of DSCOVR crosses the orbital plane of the Moon.

These images were taken between 3:50 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. EDT showing the moon moving over the Pacific Ocean near North America.
The North Pole is in the upper left corner of the image. It is in the original orientation as taken by the spacecraft.

This image from the Deep Space Climate Observatory (DSCOVR) satellite captured
            a unique view of the Moon as it moved in front of the sunlit side of Earth in 2015.
            It shows a view of the farside of the Moon, which faces the Sun,
            that is never directly visible to us here on Earth.
            I found this perspective profoundly moving and
            only through our satellite views could this have been shared.
                                               - Michael Freilich, Director NASA Earth Science Division
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Have fun! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D