When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1170 on: August 27, 2019, 09:01:03 PM »
If the Southern Cross wasnít visible because of rotation, it would not be called the Southern Cross.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Macarios

« Reply #1171 on: August 27, 2019, 09:24:27 PM »
Watersí on a sphere Earth cannot backup up and flood a spherical surface, especially if the land adjoins an ocean. 

Why?

Pour water on a curved surface and find out. Then encircle a retaining wall around a portion of the curved surface and make sure the wall is higher than the area you want to flood. Then pour water again. Then ask yourself  ďwhy didnít it flood without the retaining wall?"

I poured water on a flat surface. It ran off the sides. I then encircled an area of the flat surface with a retaining wall of sorts higher than the area I wanted to flood. Poured the water again. It didn't run off the sides. So I had to ask myself, ďwhy didnít the flat surface flood without the retaining wall?"

:)

Now try it with your model.

Earth's gravity will pull all the water off the ball you hold in your hand and stick it to the Earth itself.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #1172 on: August 27, 2019, 09:30:10 PM »
If the Southern Cross wasnít visible because of rotation, it would not be called the Southern Cross.

Plat removed a post so it makes mine look random.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #1173 on: August 27, 2019, 09:32:55 PM »
Gleasonís Map. Cape Horn and Cape Hope fall under the same night sky. There is no problem with them seeing the Sigma Octanis star south on the same night. Any straight line will cross to south.

The problem is, on a sphere Earth, people in Australia should be able see the Southern Cross under the same night sky as those in South America, but they can't.  They have to wait about 9 to 12 hours to see it because Earth is a plane.

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they canít actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1174 on: August 27, 2019, 09:33:44 PM »

Plat removed a post so it makes mine look random.

He does that a lot. It's super creepy and disingenuous. He'll remove a post and then re-post it later after some responses.

I saw it, it was some weird meme (aren't they all) about being able to see the southern cross in the southern hemisphere. The whole thing doesn't make sense.

« Reply #1175 on: August 27, 2019, 09:41:16 PM »
Gleasonís Map. Cape Horn and Cape Hope fall under the same night sky. There is no problem with them seeing the Sigma Octanis star south on the same night. Any straight line will cross to south.

The problem is, on a sphere Earth, people in Australia should be able see the Southern Cross under the same night sky as those in South America, but they can't.  They have to wait about 9 to 12 hours to see it because Earth is a plane.

The southern cross is not the southern celestial pole.  It is about 60degrees south.  Had you bothered to actually understand something, you would have known this.  The southern celestial pole remains stationary in the night sky for the entire southern hemisphere, just as polaris remaining nearly stationary for the northern hemisphere.  This kills the flat Earth.  Thanks for playing.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1176 on: August 27, 2019, 09:44:22 PM »

Aside from the fact that your meme makes no sense on several levels, well actually all levels, if the earth were an infinite plane then your pouring water on a table experiment would yield the same results; the Mississippi would never rise. Instead of the excess water spilling over the sides of the finite plane it would just flow out toward infinity.

So your own experiment has debunked flat earth. Well done.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1177 on: August 27, 2019, 09:48:16 PM »

The southern cross is not the southern celestial pole.  It is about 60degrees south.

I never said it was.

I answered a question and started a new discussion.

Pay attention!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:53:40 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they canít actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1178 on: August 27, 2019, 09:58:31 PM »

The southern cross is not the southern celestial pole.  It is about 60degrees south.

I never said it was.

Pay attention!

In 40 pages you have yet to answer a question.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1179 on: August 27, 2019, 10:00:51 PM »

Aside from the fact that your meme makes no sense on several levels, well actually all levels, if the earth were an infinite plane then your pouring water on a table experiment would yield the same results; the Mississippi would never rise. Instead of the excess water spilling over the sides of the finite plane it would just flow out toward infinity.

I see you still like to muddy the waters. Have you heard of evaporation and rain fall? The Mississippi is not going to cause a sea level rise and cause land to flood from the Gulf to north. Youíre the one with screwy thinking because you have no logical argument. You just like a pissing match and you're all wet again.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1180 on: August 27, 2019, 10:02:06 PM »

The antarctic wall? is that what you believe Antarctica is? lmao You really believe we live in a toy world such as the one in your meme.

I wonder how did you verify the antartic wall, but of course you don't answer any question.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Plat Terra

« Reply #1181 on: August 27, 2019, 10:11:00 PM »

The antarctic wall? is that what you believe Antarctica is? lmao You really believe we live in a toy world such as the one in your meme.

I wonder how did you verify the antartic wall, but of course you don't answer any question.

Do you know why Antarctica is colder than the Artic regions? The elevation is much higher. And at some point you have to climb to reach the top all the way around.

BTW, don't you think you live under an atmospheric bubble?  Yes, you do. So now laugh at yourself for believeing so..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:14:40 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1182 on: August 27, 2019, 10:15:16 PM »

I see you still like to muddy the waters. Have you heard of evaporation and rain fall? The Mississippi is not going to cause a sea level rise and cause land to flood from the Gulf to north. Youíre the one with screwy thinking because you have no logical argument. You just like a pissing match and you're all wet again.

Who said anything about a sea level rise? I didn't. I just used the mississippi as an example, but this can be applied to any river. Rivers rise in flood conditions. Look it up.

Pay attention.

Your experiment was to pour water onto a simulated surface of the earth, a sphere. You claimed it would never flood for, some reasons that make no sense. But whatever. In any case, the landmasses do flood periodically.  Therefore your conclusion was that since it does flood, the earth can't be a sphere.

I applied your experiment to a simulated surface of the earth, a flat plane. If I poured water onto the flat plane it would simply run off the sides, no rivers, oceans or anything else would rise, just waterfall off the edges. Therefore according to your conclusion that since it does flood, the earth can't be a flat plane.

Now you've introduced the concept of an infinite plane. Well, using your same experiment, nothing would flood, no rivers would rise, the water would just flow out to sea and out toward the infinite plane.
Therefore according to your conclusion that since it does in fact flood, the earth can't be a flat plane, infinite or otherwise.

Like I said, your experiment debunks flat earth of both flavors, finite and infinite. Well done.

« Reply #1183 on: August 27, 2019, 10:21:53 PM »

I never said it was.

Pay attention!
You don't understand anything else about the globe, why would you start now?  Since you're answering questions, how about my two from earlier you've been ignoring?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1184 on: August 27, 2019, 10:37:49 PM »

Who said anything about a sea level rise? I didn't. I just used the mississippi as an example, but this can be applied to any river. Rivers rise in flood conditions. Look it up.

Pay attention.

Your experiment was to pour water onto a simulated surface of the earth, a sphere. You claimed it would never flood for, some reasons that make no sense. But whatever. In any case, the landmasses do flood periodically.  Therefore your conclusion was that since it does flood, the earth can't be a sphere.

I applied your experiment to a simulated surface of the earth, a flat plane. If I poured water onto the flat plane it would simply run off the sides, no rivers, oceans or anything else would rise, just waterfall off the edges. Therefore according to your conclusion that since it does flood, the earth can't be a flat plane.

Now you've introduced the concept of an infinite plane. Well, using your same experiment, nothing would flood, no rivers would rise, the water would just flow out to sea and out toward the infinite plane.
Therefore according to your conclusion that since it does in fact flood, the earth can't be a flat plane, infinite or otherwise.

Like I said, your experiment debunks flat earth of both flavors, finite and infinite. Well done.

You are using the experiment out of context with the subject matter and twisting it. You are being ID. The surfaces' in question at first adjoined an ocean or the Gulf and not a continues flat landmass. You say I did not understand,  but you did not make it clear you were moving the goal post and talking about another issue by removing the ocean and adding a continues flat landmass. What else could I expect from the opposition?

Sweet dreams and thoughts of "Plat Terra" as you sleep because it's not a sphere.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1185 on: August 27, 2019, 10:42:59 PM »

I never said it was.

Pay attention!
You don't understand anything else about the globe, why would you start now?  Since you're answering questions, how about my two from earlier you've been ignoring?

What, questions like "are you saying?" and other useless questions.

And you want me to answer your questions after you say this? "You don't understand anything else about the globe, why would you start now?

Be specific and in context with my statments if you want in.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:55:04 PM by Plat Terra »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1186 on: August 27, 2019, 11:13:43 PM »
But south on the Gleason's map seems to point in many different directions so where is "the Sigma Octanis ??? Octantis star"?
Is Sigma Octantis a band all around your flat earth? Or are there an infinite number of Sigma Octantis stars?

Quote from: Plat Terra
Looks like you've blown it again!  The Globe gas no such problem!

Crux and Centaurus would readily be visible quite often from parts of both places especially near the June Solstice.

You don't know much about astronomy or even the "southern stars" do you?

Any night both Crux and Centaurus are visible from both places all night!
This is because anywhere south of Sydney, Australia, or Santiago, Chile can see Crux and Centaurus all night and every night!
All that is needed is darkness in both places making the best time about 09:24:00 UTC on any June 21.

But even tonight Wednesday, 28 August 2019 here, at 09:15:00 UTC, anywhere on the east coast of Australia south of Sydney and anywhere south of Santiago near the west coast of Chile should be OK.

Explain that on you flat earth!

For anywhere a bit south of latitude 30įS these star groups are curcumpolar! You don't know.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1187 on: August 27, 2019, 11:14:35 PM »

Pay attention.

You are using the experiment out of context with the subject matter and twisting it. You are being ID. The surfaces' in question at first adjoined an ocean or the Gulf and not a continues flat landmass. You say I did not understand,  but you did not make it clear you were moving the goal post and talking about another issue by removing the ocean and adding a continues flat landmass. What else could I expect from the opposition?

Sweet dreams and thoughts of "Plat Terra" as you sleep because it's not a sphere.

I'm not using it out of context and no goalposts have been moved. Here is your context:

Watersí on a sphere Earth cannot backup up and flood a spherical surface, especially if the land adjoins an ocean.  Our Earthís surface lacks the curvature as taught. Itís time accept reality and common sense.
What if the adjoining land is below sea level?  Or if the flood waters are coming from overflowing rivers upstream?  Have you ever heard of storm surge?

Think sphere surface. Not flat or below sea curve. "Sphere Surface" adjoing a coast line.

How does a flat earth flood without a retaining wall holding the flood waters in? Your experiment showed that it wouldn't.

Large surface areas of Earths landmass that are depressed (not curved) can easily flood. But these same large surface areas could not flood if the surface was curved. unless a retaining wall held back the water

On a flat plane the water would just run off the sides never getting a chance to flood anything. What's holding the water on to a flat earth?

You are playing games again. Use the words "Large landmasses with depression areas" Like following...

"On a flat plane with DEPPRESSION AREAS, the water would just run off the sides never getting a chance to flood anything. What's holding the water on to a flat earth?"

No it won't run off, but will flood because of depressions.

You are like Rab and like to muddy the waters. You too should learn about cognitive dissonance.

Sure a land depression could fill up like a swimming pool, same as on a sphere. But on a flat plane the water would just run off the sides, not make the river rise. Explain river rising on a flat plane.

No, not the same on a sphere. You can't flood a large curved surface without a retaining wall.  And I don't care to go down your bunny trail with more games with an unrealated issue.

Wow, you have so many obvious blunders in your theory, and more to come.

Later.....

I still think you misunderstand and it's not at all unrelated. It's using your example and using your experiment - If I pour water on to a table, the water runs off the sides. If I poured water on the Mississippi delta, on a flat plane, it would just run into the ocean and that water, in turn, just like on the table, would run off the sides of the plane earth. So I don't see how a river could rise on a flat earth as it would spill off the sides of the earth, just like the table. Please explain.

You're the one who moved the goal posts by adding in the "infinite" plane model. Which still doesn't matter.

The point being your own experiment debunks the finite and infinite flat earth because the rivers would never flood on them when we do actually observe rivers rise and flood.

So I guess since you lost this debate you slid on over to yet another topic. This thread is turning into the 200 reasons why the earth is NOT flat. Thanks for providing the fodder to make that so.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1188 on: August 27, 2019, 11:22:46 PM »
And you want me to answer your questions after you say this? "You don't understand anything else about the globe, why would you start now?
Well, you've proven over and over in every thread that you've made that you don't understand anything about the globe!

And at the rate you're going (backwards) the answer to "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?" is NEVER!

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #1189 on: August 28, 2019, 02:00:55 AM »

Do you know why Antarctica is colder than the Artic regions? The elevation is much higher. And at some point you have to climb to reach the top all the way around.

BTW, don't you think you live under an atmospheric bubble?  Yes, you do. So now laugh at yourself for believeing so..

Yes Antarctica is colder than the Arctic, that's what NASA says, but where did you get that information from?  I hope you didn't get it from NASA.

The same sources say that the Antarctic coastline is roughly 18.000 km long and many people have sailed around it or crossed it.

What is the evidence for a fantasy +100.000 km long antarctic wall? 
You must gather your party before venturing forth

« Reply #1190 on: August 28, 2019, 02:34:38 AM »

Yes Antarctica is colder than the Arctic, that's what NASA says, but where did you get that information from?  I hope you didn't get it from NASA.

The same sources say that the Antarctic coastline is roughly 18.000 km long and many people have sailed around it or crossed it.

What is the evidence for a fantasy +100.000 km long antarctic wall?

Thank-you! Antarctica is the piece of the earth shape puzzle that seals the deal, and makes flat earthers like plat terra terrified, and run for cover! 

The distance around Antarctica is shorter than the distance around Australia.

Do you hear that loud noise, plat terra? That's the sound of your 100, 000km plus, ice wall, crumbling at your feet.

You can play with frisbees all day long, plat terra, as it won't change reality. Buy yourself a globe and grow up.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1191 on: August 28, 2019, 03:05:53 AM »

When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

Thursday.

« Reply #1192 on: August 28, 2019, 03:11:21 AM »
Plata likes to ignore lots of questions after throwing out easily verifiable "debunks".

So lets go already, plata:

What direction is gravity?

Why can hills exist on a flat earth?

What is the perimeter distance of antartica?

Why cant we as a speciies accumulate knowledge? - yet you ask for one person, without the input of others, to undiscover what we already know - now this is another stupid request.

Why are you insistent on measuring curvature of earth over land, when it is uneven with mountains and valleys and when water is easier - your first stupidass request.

Why cant you or anyone take photos on multiple days to rule out weather effects of mirages to show ships and lighthouses dip bottom first?

Lets get an answer instwad of another change of topic to a nonsense diversion.
Or this list will keep going on.

JackBlack

« Reply #1193 on: August 28, 2019, 03:15:37 AM »
If you observed horizons like this (below) five hundred years ago everywhere you went and for decades and without anyoneís opinion on Earthís shape, why would you believe Earth is a sphere?
Because of the nice clear horizon, at the same angle of dip all around; rather than having it fade to a blur like you would expect for a FE.
I would think of the horizon as an edge of Earth, and if I move around and see the horizon move around as well, the only choice I would have is that every point on the surface of the ocean is an edge, and the only shape witch matches that is a round Earth.

The real question is why would anyone believe it is flat when there is literally nothing to indicate it is?

If you observed the sunset every day, why would you believe it was magical perspective causing it to set, rather than its relative position being below you?
If you observed objects being obscured by the horizon from the bottom up, why would you believe it was magic perspective just hiding the bottom of it?
If you were able to move around Earth and observe 2 celestial poles always 180 degrees apart, why would you believe it was magic bendy light just making it look like that?

No, because Earth is round, they have to wait until it is night.
They can't see the stars during the day.

The problem is, for your pizza planet, sigma octantis should move, rather than remaining due south as it is observed.
Also, as the southern cross is above Earth, it should be visible from everywhere, not just southerly locations.

We also know it isn't the atmosphere blocking the view. If that was the case any sky near the horizon should be dark rather than having loads of stars.

Good job describing just what you are doing.
The surfaces' in question at first adjoined an ocean or the Gulf and not a continues perfectly spherical landmass.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1194 on: August 28, 2019, 03:24:37 AM »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1195 on: August 28, 2019, 03:37:25 AM »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1197 on: August 28, 2019, 04:37:03 AM »

Macarios

« Reply #1198 on: August 28, 2019, 04:45:21 AM »
The only reason not to see Crux from South America and Australia simultaneously would be the daylight.

They are 180 degrees of longitude apart and when at one is night at the other is day.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.