When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

kopfverderber

• Globularist
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #1110 on: August 27, 2019, 01:35:21 AM »
Simple for you perhaps. But your missing so much data it looks ridiculous to have any confidence in your assertions

What data is missing for, let's say, a sunset?

More than you could fathom.....

You might not think physics beyond the Planck scale would make much difference. You might not think the web of what you call dark matter&energy make a difference because hey, you can't see it right? You might  think you know all there is to do about gravity but your wrong. It all matters

Why don't you just explain how sunset works with all that data you have?

No

So apart from abusing the missing data fallacy and using your crystal ball to see what Michio Kaku will do in the next ten years, you don't know what a sunset is?

I know all there is to know (almost)*

*added for appearance of modesty

Then if you know so much, why can't you explain to us how sunset works using all the knowledge that you have and the rest of us are apparently missing? What is stopping you?
You must gather your party before venturing forth

« Reply #1111 on: August 27, 2019, 01:35:27 AM »
Holy shit Shifter...if an outsider reads your bullshit, they would ask what happened to you when you were little (I am really sorry when I hit a nerve...if it is something too bad to talk about...). You don`t even try. But apparantly you are so woke...you sound like an existence above god *kneels before you*.

Back to topic: I think with Shifter as flat earther, it seems like RE doesn`t even need to proof anything anymore. I learned that I sometimes should let people with special needs win the game...so again, shouldn`t we accept our "defeat"? Saves time, money, idiocrazy...

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1112 on: August 27, 2019, 01:52:41 AM »
Holy shit Shifter...if an outsider reads your bullshit, they would ask what happened to you when you were little (I am really sorry when I hit a nerve...if it is something too bad to talk about...). You don`t even try. But apparantly you are so woke...you sound like an existence above god *kneels before you*.

Back to topic: I think with Shifter as flat earther, it seems like RE doesn`t even need to proof anything anymore. I learned that I sometimes should let people with special needs win the game...so again, shouldn`t we accept our "defeat"? Saves time, money, idiocrazy...

I am not a flat earther and I am not a God

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #1113 on: August 27, 2019, 01:56:31 AM »

Then I am confused. You sound like a flat earther (haven`t read all your posts of course) and also write as much bullshit as them, ignoring questions, avoiding stuff etc. So you believe in RE, so be a bit more clear.

« Reply #1114 on: August 27, 2019, 02:13:04 AM »

Then I am confused. You sound like a flat earther (haven`t read all your posts of course) and also write as much bullshit as them, ignoring questions, avoiding stuff etc. So you believe in RE, so be a bit more clear.
He's bored so he's come up here to wind rabinoz up.  While he's here he thought he'd start trolling everyone else.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1115 on: August 27, 2019, 02:42:12 AM »

Sorry that I don't fit in one of your pre determined labels. The universe is what it is. You can't simply wish it any different and I won't pretend that it is. Even for the sake of simplicity. Of course people are inherently lazy by nature so I guess it's no surprise to see you be this way.

In one way I guess it is the natural order of things. Conservation of energy. Matter seeking to exist in its lowest energy state and all. Your brains included

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #1116 on: August 27, 2019, 02:52:04 AM »
The universe is what it is.
Wow man, thats like so deep.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1117 on: August 27, 2019, 12:26:23 PM »
Simple for you perhaps. But your missing so much data it looks ridiculous to have any confidence in your assertions
I have exactly as much data as I need to have confidence in my assertions.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #1118 on: August 27, 2019, 12:28:34 PM »
Waters’ on a sphere Earth cannot backup up and flood a spherical surface, especially if the land adjoins an ocean.  Our Earth’s surface lacks the curvature as taught. It’s time accept reality and common sense.

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1119 on: August 27, 2019, 12:32:18 PM »
Waters’ on a sphere Earth cannot backup up and flood a spherical surface, especially if the land adjoins an ocean. 

Why?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1120 on: August 27, 2019, 12:46:29 PM »
Waters’ on a sphere Earth cannot backup up and flood a spherical surface, especially if the land adjoins an ocean. 

Why?

Pour water on a curved surface and find out. Then encircle a retaining wall around a portion of the curved surface and make sure the wall is higher than the area you want to flood. Then pour water again. Then ask yourself  “why didn’t it flood without the retaining wall?" And rememeber, a part of the retaining wall is next to the ocean.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:49:06 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1121 on: August 27, 2019, 12:51:56 PM »

Why?

Pour water on a curved surface and find out. Then encircle a retaining wall around a portion of the curved surface and make sure the wall is higher than the area you want to flood. Then pour water again. Then ask yourself  “why didn’t it flood without the retaining wall?"

I poured water on a flat surface. It ran off the sides. I then encircled an area of the flat surface with a retaining wall of sorts higher than the area I wanted to flood. Poured the water again. It didn't run off the sides. So I had to ask myself, “why didn’t the flat surface flood without the retaining wall?"

Yes

Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1123 on: August 27, 2019, 01:01:56 PM »

Why?

Pour water on a curved surface and find out. Then encircle a retaining wall around a portion of the curved surface and make sure the wall is higher than the area you want to flood. Then pour water again. Then ask yourself  “why didn’t it flood without the retaining wall?"

I poured water on a flat surface. It ran off the sides. I then encircled an area of the flat surface with a retaining wall of sorts higher than the area I wanted to flood. Poured the water again. It didn't run off the sides. So I had to ask myself, “why didn’t the flat surface flood without the retaining wall?"

:)

Now try it with your model.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1124 on: August 27, 2019, 01:04:56 PM »

Why?

Just did, same thing. So in your mind the earth can't be round and it can't be flat either?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1125 on: August 27, 2019, 01:20:24 PM »

Why?

Just did, same thing. So in your mind the earth can't be round and it can't be flat either?

No games for you.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1126 on: August 27, 2019, 01:29:35 PM »
Waters’ on a sphere Earth cannot backup up and flood a spherical surface, especially if the land adjoins an ocean.  Our Earth’s surface lacks the curvature as taught. It’s time accept reality and common sense.

What if the adjoining land is below sea level?  Or if the flood waters are coming from overflowing rivers upstream?  Have you ever heard of storm surge?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1127 on: August 27, 2019, 01:32:16 PM »

Why?

No games for you.

I don't understand. I simply used your experiment that you defined and disproved flat and round earth with it. I mean it's your experiment. Do you all of a sudden no longer support your experiment and its findings? Hardly the truth seeker you claim to be.

« Reply #1128 on: August 27, 2019, 01:32:37 PM »
What direction does gravity point again?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1129 on: August 27, 2019, 01:34:50 PM »

What if the adjoining land is below sea level?  Or if the flood waters are coming from overflowing rivers upstream?  Have you ever heard of storm surge?

Think sphere surface. Not flat or below sea curve. "Sphere Surface" adjoing a coast line.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1130 on: August 27, 2019, 01:44:57 PM »

Think sphere surface. Not flat or below sea curve. "Sphere Surface" adjoing a coast line.

How does a flat earth flood without a retaining wall holding the flood waters in? Your experiment showed that it wouldn't.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1131 on: August 27, 2019, 01:56:35 PM »

How does a flat earth flood without a retaining wall holding the flood waters in? Your experiment showed that it wouldn't.

Large surface areas of Earths landmass that are depressed (not curved) can easily flood. But these same large surface areas could not flood if the surface was curved, unless a retaining wall held back the water.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:06:27 PM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #1132 on: August 27, 2019, 02:05:57 PM »

Large surface areas of Earths landmass that are depressed (not curved) can easily flood. But these same large surface areas could not flood if the surface was curved. unless a retaining wall held back the water

I’m sorry but you really need to go and study geography/topography and other earth sciences to understand how and why flooding occurs. It has nothing to do with the earth being flat.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1133 on: August 27, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »

Large surface areas of Earths landmass that are depressed (not curved) can easily flood. But these same large surface areas could not flood if the surface was curved. unless a retaining wall held back the water

On a flat plane the water would just run off the sides never getting a chance to flood anything. What's holding the water on to a flat earth?

Plat Terra

« Reply #1134 on: August 27, 2019, 02:10:47 PM »

I’m sorry but you really need to go and study geography/topography and other earth sciences to understand how and why flooding occurs. It has nothing to do with the earth being flat.

Flooding has everything to do with large landmass that are depressed (not curved), and not a damn thing to do with a large curved landmass, unless a retaining wall held back the water.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1135 on: August 27, 2019, 02:13:46 PM »

Flooding has everything to do with large landmass that are depressed (not curved), and not a damn thing to do with a large curved landmass, unless a retaining wall held back the water.

Why doesn't the water just run off the flat earth? It did in your experiment.

« Reply #1136 on: August 27, 2019, 02:22:21 PM »
But!!!

What direction is gravity?

JackBlack

« Reply #1137 on: August 27, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
You have already had this brought up and had your ass handed to you.
Why bring it up again?

Again, you end up with the same non issue for the RE and a hypothetical FE.
All you need is more water coming in than will flow out.

The RE is not a tiny ball being held above a massive sphere.
As such, if you want to try it with our model, with a physical model you will need to be in free-fall outside the roche limit of any significant body.
Making up a strawman to try and refute the RE does not help your case.

Large surface areas of Earths landmass that are depressed (not curved) can easily flood.
So all you are saying is that Earth isn't a perfect sphere?
If so, no one is suggesting it is.
Land which is depressed below sea level is still below sea level, even on a RE.

Again, it is the same non-issues for the RE and a hypothetical FE.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1138 on: August 27, 2019, 02:30:05 PM »
You have already had this brought up and had your ass handed to you.
Why bring it up again?

Again, you end up with the same non issue for the RE and a hypothetical FE.
All you need is more water coming in than will flow out.

The RE is not a tiny ball being held above a massive sphere.
As such, if you want to try it with our model, with a physical model you will need to be in free-fall outside the roche limit of any significant body.
Making up a strawman to try and refute the RE does not help your case.

Large surface areas of Earths landmass that are depressed (not curved) can easily flood.
So all you are saying is that Earth isn't a perfect sphere?
If so, no one is suggesting it is.
Land which is depressed below sea level is still below sea level, even on a RE.

Again, it is the same non-issues for the RE and a hypothetical FE.

I bet you have a problem with people not responding to your posts', right?  You should find out why.

Plat Terra

« Reply #1139 on: August 27, 2019, 02:31:28 PM »

On a flat plane the water would just run off the sides never getting a chance to flood anything. What's holding the water on to a flat earth?

You are playing games again. Use the words "Large landmasses with depression areas" Like following...

"On a flat plane with DEPPRESSION AREAS, the water would just run off the sides never getting a chance to flood anything. What's holding the water on to a flat earth?"

No it won't run off, but will flood because of depressions.

You are like Rab and like to muddy the waters. You too should learn about cognitive dissonance.