When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #900 on: August 19, 2019, 12:22:57 AM »

But your welcome to verify the alleged curvature of any landmass or canal and see if it conforms to a sphere. Oh, you can't do that right?
We've shown plenty of that but you brush it aside.

No, you haven't. Nothing you have posted has anything to do with an answer that applies to what I asked. You avoid the context and post things that does not pertain to what is asked. It is you who brush it aside with a none direct answer. We know why and so do you.

BTW, my answer to you will not add the curvature you need for a Sphere Earth.
The "Sphere Earth" needs no added curvature! It has the right amount now, thank you!

You asked "When will 'RE Community' Accept Defeat?" So YOU don't get to set the terms! We do! Got that!

Here is some evidence of curvature and some allow the calculation of the earth's radius. If you don't accept it, tough!
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • If the earth were flat I can't see how the sun (and moon, planets and stars) could appear to be hidden "behind something" and slowly rise up top first as in this video (click anywhere, it links to a video):

An then the sun set near the west with the bottom disappearing first:

LHG-0693 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.02, 300 mm

LHG-0697 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.29, 300 mm

• Then, if the earth were flat, from any altitude, the horizon should "rise to eye-level" meaning it should remain horizon with the viewer.
    This is stressed by many flat earth sites, including the Wiki here:
    Quote from: The Flat Society Wiki
    Basic Perspective
    A fact of basic perspective is that the line of the horizon is always at eye level with the observer. This will help us understand how viewing distance works, in addition to the sinking ship effect.

Have you ever noticed that as you climb a mountain the line of the horizon seems to rise with you?

But in practice the horizon seems to rise nearly to eye-level (due to perspective) it never quite gets there.

There is a whole thread on the Metabunk site devoted to this, How to Show the Horizon is Below Eye Level, Using Actual Eyes.

This "dip angle to the horizon", as it is called is very small low altitudes, being only about 0.04° (quite unnoticable) at 2 metres.
    But at 100 m it becomes 0.3°, enough to easily detect with a level, at 1000 m about 1.0° and finally at 10,000 m about 3°.

There are many YouTube videos both showing it measured or simple demonstrated. Here is one from near here using "mountains":
    Andrew Eddie found that, from Flaxton Gardens, Queensland (418 m above sea-level), Mount Coolum (208 m above sea-level) lines up with the horizon.
    This makes it certain that the horizon is below the local horizontal.

Flat Earth? Mountains rising to meet eye-level? Andrew Eddie

The opening screen does show only 0.523° but that is over a flat surface and at 2:55 the video has a more accurate calculation showing that from an altitude of 418 m the horizon is about 0.626° below eye-level.
    That's not all that much less than the horizon Dip of 0.66° given by Metabunk''s Earth's Curve Horizon, Bulge, Drop, and Hidden Calculator.

Here's one by a member of the TFES.org, Bobby Shafto:

Does the Horizon Always Stay at “Eye Level” by Bobby Shafto

And here's another by Critical Think from Brisbane, Australia as if anyone couldn't guess ;D:

Globling teaches Antonio Subirats a better lesson in horizon drop by Critical Think

Then back in about 1000 AD this "dip angle to the horizon" was used to estimate the radius of the earth.
    Abu Rayhan Biruni (973–1048):

Al Biruni used a new method to accurately compute the Earth's circumference, by which he arrived at a value that was close to modern values for the Earth's circumference. His estimate of 6,339.9 km for the Earth radius was only 16.8 km less than the modern value of 6,356.7 km. In contrast to his predecessors, who measured the Earth's circumference by sighting the Sun simultaneously from two different locations, Biruni developed a new method of using trigonometric calculations based on the angle between a plain and mountain top.

This yielded more accurate measurements of the Earth's circumference and made it possible for a single person to measure it from a single location. Biruni's method was intended to avoid "walking across hot, dusty deserts," and the idea came to him when he was on top of a tall mountain in India. From the top of the mountain, he sighted the angle to the horizon which, along with the mountain's height (which he calculated beforehand), allowed him to calculate the curvature of the Earth. He also made use of algebra to formulate trigonometric equations and used the astrolabe to measure angles.

Biruni's method for calculation of Earth's radius
    So the horizon does not rise to eye-level as it must if the earth were flat.

And there are plenty more.

• Then, of course there are all the cases of ships, etc, being hidden by the curve but they can wait.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 12:27:41 AM by rabinoz »

Macarios

« Reply #901 on: August 19, 2019, 12:27:04 AM »
In the middle of the night Polaris seen from Barcelona Airport is at 4.3 degrees above the northern horizon.
At the same moment Polaris seen from Dunkirk Zoo is at 51 degrees above the northern horizon.
The difference is 9.7 degrees.
The distance is 1078 km.

If 9.7 degrees is 1078 km, then the full 360 degrees is (1078 / 9.7) x 360 = 40 008 km,
which is polar circumference of the Earth, with error of 8 / 40 000 = 0.0002 = 0.02%.

9.7 degrees is 582 arc minutes, which is 582 nautical miles.
(582 / 9.7) x 360 = 21 600 nautical miles, which is 40 003 kilometers,
which is polar circumference of the Earth, with error of 3 / 40 000 = 0.000075 = 0.0075%.

With more decimals in measured degrees and the distance we would get even smaller error.

What is here inconsistent with the size of the Earth?

Local vertical at the Barcelona airport and the local vertical at the Dunkirk zoo are tilted away from each other for 9.7 degrees.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 12:41:29 AM by Macarios »
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #902 on: August 19, 2019, 12:48:57 AM »
But your welcome to verify the alleged curvature of any landmass or canal and see if it conforms to a sphere. Oh, you can't do that right?

Wrong, you asked along time ago the same thing, specific to Florida for some reason:

I am sure people driving there cars from Miami to Boston have verified the claimed mileage many times. But have you verified the claimed surface curvature of Florida? No one has.

I'm asking you what the distance is, as the crow flies.

I haven't personally verified the curvature of various parts of Florida, but these people have:

From the Florida Administrative Code & Administrative Register:

https://www.flrules.org

CHAPTER 5J-17

BOARD OF PROFESSIONAL SURVEYORS AND MAPPERS

5J-17.050 Minimum Technical Standards: Definitions.

As used in this chapter, the following terms have the following meanings:

(3) Geodetic: a survey or mapping process that takes into account the curvature of the earth and astronomic observations, and which results in positions expressed on a recognized datum.
(4) Map of Survey (or Survey Map): a graphical or digital depiction of the facts of size, shape, identity, geodetic location, or legal location determined by a survey. The term “Map of Survey” (Survey Map) includes the terms: Sketch of Survey, Plat of Survey, or other similar titles. “Map of Survey” or “Survey Map” may also be referred to as “a map” or “the map.”
(10) Survey: the orderly process of determining facts of size, shape, identity, geodetic location, or legal location by viewing and applying direct measurement of features on or near the earth’s surface using field or image methods; defined as follows according to the type of data obtained, the methods used, and the purpose(s) to be served

5J-17.052 Minimum Technical Standards: Specific Survey, Map, and Report Requirements.

(4) Control Survey:

(a) Geodetic Control Surveys: When applicable, all geodetic control surveys, both vertical and horizontal, shall conform to the Standards and Specifications for Geodetic Control Networks (1984) as set forth by the Federal Geodetic Control Committee (FGCC), which Standards and Specifications are incorporated herein by reference, effective 5-13-96, and the Geospatial Positioning Accuracy Standards Parts 1, 2, and 3, FGDC-STD-007.1-1998, entitled “Geospatial Positioning Accuracy Standards Part 2: Standards for Geodetic Networks”, and FGDC-STD-007.3-1998, entitled “Geospatial Positioning Accuracy Standards Part 3: National Standard for Spatial Data Accuracy”, which are hereby incorporated by reference, effective 5-18-00, copies of which may be obtained via the internet web site (http://fgdc.gov/standards_publications/). No use of the terminology of these standards may be made without completely adopting and following all the standards in their entirety. When these standards are not employed, then a survey, map, or report shall explain applicable standards used in the geodetic control survey. All geodetic control survey maps or reports shall show the horizontal and vertical datum used and shall contain adequate graphical or written descriptions of the locations, construction and marking of all marks used or set and shall explain methods employed in the survey and adjustment.

Like I wrote and cited, the Florida Board of Surveyors does verify curvature. So if you're still a doubter, why don't you give them a call and ask them your questions and report your findings back here.

You really can't get away with lying. It's unbecoming as well. Do the work, make a phone call to simply try and back up your statements. Here's their number: 1-800-HELP-FLA (435-7352)

Let us know. In the mean time, yes, at least Florida verifies the curvature of their landmass and how it conforms to a sphere.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #903 on: August 19, 2019, 01:13:42 AM »
Whe can discuss pictures of boats going over the horizon for another thirty pages and never come to an agreement  thats not how you defeat RE Platts.

You will know you have defeated RE when billions believe the earth is flat. When FE is taught at schools and universities.

When RE community is reduced to a bunch of freaks sharing their funny RE ideas in silly youtube channels, then you can claim victory.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

JackBlack

« Reply #904 on: August 19, 2019, 01:28:34 AM »
How about you learn what we belive about Sunsets and why instead of telling us how you think.

How the sun and moon work over the Flat Earth model
How about you try and address the issue rather than repeated avoid it?
Yes, glare makes the sun appear bigger. So what?
Without the glare it does not shrink anything like what FE requires.
Notice that FEers only try and pull this with the sun, as a bright object, so they can pretend the glare is the actual size?
Notice how they don't bother trying it with the moon?

And of course, it then goes and outright contradicts itself by appealing to a magical atmosphere which magically acts like a lens with properties nothing like the atmosphere.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #905 on: August 19, 2019, 11:11:19 AM »
What is the forecast for Earth's alleged curvature tomorrow?

How much of the Bathurst Lighthouse will be seen tomorrow at noon by the rise and fall of Earth's curvature? 100%, 75%, 50% or 15%?

I bet 50% because of refraction.

What’s yours?

I'll check the weather satellite feed and let you know.

I'll be waiting.....

What do proposed Venusian cloud city airships have to do with weather satellites? ???
https://www.space.com/29140-venus-airship-cloud-cities-incredible-technology.html
Who says this technology is only for Venus?
The original source of that image.

NASA has a way of keeping things secret for many years. Hell, NASA has been using Balloon Satellites for since the 60s and we are to believe they are circling a Globe, but are actually circling above.
Yes, NASA did use some balloon satellites in the '60s.  What evidence do you have that they are still using satellite balloons today?

But I know you believe otherwise and I don't care! You have had this argument with others here. Save your breath because it's not going to add any needed curvature to this Plane Earth.
I believe that NASA is not the only agency that has satellites in orbit.  I also believe that the current commercial satellite service is a many billion dollar a year industry.  That's an awful lot of money being invested in a technology that FE'ers claim can't work.

But your welcome to verify the alleged curvature of any landmass or canal and see if it conforms to a sphere.
And you're welcome learn about a branch of earth science dedicated to measuring the size and shape of the earth called geodesy.
https://www.ngs.noaa.gov/PUBS_LIB/Geodesy4Layman/TR80003A.HTM

Oh, you can't do that right?
I can't because I don't have the equipment of the background knowledge.  But these people do:
https://www.iag-aig.org/
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #906 on: August 19, 2019, 01:42:42 PM »
No, you haven't. Nothing you have posted has anything to do with an answer that applies to what I asked. You avoid the context and post things that does not pertain to what is asked. It is you who brush it aside with a none direct answer. We know why and so do you.
Speaking of avoiding questions and answers... Can you answer these two questions yet?

When zooming in on a curved line, does the curve of the line appear to lessen?

Along a straight line of sight, things below that line of sight appear to rise to it as distance is increased, and things above it appear to lower to it as distance is increased.  Do you agree with that statement?

« Reply #907 on: August 19, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »
What ARE you asking?
All your memes have been refuted.
And the only question i saw was a request to measure curvature over uneven terrain - which is an idiotic request.

« Reply #908 on: August 19, 2019, 04:45:07 PM »
No, why would we?
Astronomer, photographer, and astro-photographer for 51 years. Satellite observer for 3 years, satellite builder in the 80's. Telescope maker and familiar with optical theory and designs. Machinists and machine tool programmer.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #909 on: August 19, 2019, 05:58:08 PM »
No, why would we?

You're not the Community and many continue accepting defeat. That's why FE groups are forming all over the Plane Earth.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:14:32 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #910 on: August 19, 2019, 06:02:10 PM »
No, why would we?

You're not the Community and many have accepting defeat. Tha't why FE groups are forming all over the Plane Earth.

What did you find out when you called the Florida Board of Surveyors and asked about their curve measurements?

« Reply #911 on: August 19, 2019, 07:05:58 PM »
No, why would we?

You're not the Community and many have accepting defeat. Tha't why FE groups are forming all over the Plane Earth.

Have you ever heard of the term, "constructed religion"? You're religion is the "plane Earth." Cling to it, plat tera, cling to your religion, and never let common sense stand between you and your religion.

Plat Terra

« Reply #912 on: August 19, 2019, 07:09:13 PM »
There is always more to add to the defeat and destruction of the Globe Earth theory. Always!

Do I think the ISS is fake and that Scott Kelly (in this video) is faking weightlessness inside the ISS? Well, sure I do. Hell yeah he is! Anyone with common sense can see it.

The following video proves this fact. The man is bobbing up and down and left to right, always coming back to center like a weight hanging on a fishing bobbin, without pushing off anything to maintain center.  The guy is nervous as hell because he knows he has some deceiving to do. He’s another puppet for the ISS. They all are puppets.

Let’s all have a laugh at them in the second video.

NASA Astronaut Scott Kelly Reflects on His Year in Space

Flat Earth Man is back! - 'Puppet Show" - an ISS exposé - FUNNY :)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:11:36 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #913 on: August 19, 2019, 07:21:32 PM »
There is always more to add to the defeat and destruction of the Globe Earth theory. Always!

Do I think the ISS is fake and that Scott Kelly (in this video) is faking weightlessness inside the ISS? Well, sure I do. Hell yeah he is! Anyone with common sense can see it.

The following video proves this fact. The man is bobbing up and down and left to right, always coming back to center like a weight hanging on a fishing bobbin, without pushing off anything to maintain center.  The guy is nervous as hell because he knows he has some deceiving to do. He’s another puppet for the ISS. They all are puppets.

I'm not seeing at all what you claim.

How'd the phone call go with the Florida Bureau of Surveyors?

Plat Terra

« Reply #914 on: August 19, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »

Why would you admit I am right on such an important issue? You're the opposition.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #915 on: August 19, 2019, 07:32:15 PM »

Why would you admit I am right on such an important issue? Your the opposition.

I'll be more specific. I don't see anywhere that Scott Kelly is faking weightlessness inside the ISS.

Again, how'd the phone call go with the Florida Bureau of Surveyors?

Plat Terra

« Reply #916 on: August 19, 2019, 07:39:43 PM »

I'll be more specific. I don't see anywhere that Scott Kelly is faking weightlessness inside the ISS.

I'll be more specific. Of course you do. Why would you admit you do on such an important issue? Your the opposition and can't prove curvature as asked and pass (run) the buck to Bureau of Surveyors. They can't answer as asked either.

If you could prove curvature as asked, you would have done so by now and I wouldn't be here.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 07:47:13 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #917 on: August 19, 2019, 07:49:15 PM »

I'll be more specific. Of course you don't. Why would you admit I am right on such an important issue? Your the opposition and can't prove curvature as asked and pass (run) the buck to Bureau of Surveyors. They can't answer as asked either.

If you could prove curvature as asked, you would have done so by now and I wouldn't be here.

You look at a video and think it's fake without evidence. I look at the same video and don't think it's fake backed by the evidence of 1000's of hours of footage.

Your claim is that no one has measured curvature. You selected Florida as an example. I produced evidence that the curvature has and is measured. I even gave you the phone number to call and chat with them about it.

So first off, your claim that no one has is wrong because those folks have.
Second off, rather than actually seeking any sort of truth or evidence, you refuse to actually look into the matter, you stomp your feet, and churn out another non-evidenced meme, kind of like a child would. What grade are you in again?

Like I said, contact the professionals, find out for yourself.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #918 on: August 19, 2019, 07:55:15 PM »
What is the forecast for Earth's alleged curvature tomorrow?

How much of the Bathurst Lighthouse will be seen tomorrow at noon by the rise and fall of Earth's curvature? 100%, 75%, 50% or 15%?

I bet 50% because of refraction.

What’s yours?

I'll check the weather satellite feed and let you know.

I'll be waiting.....

What do proposed Venusian cloud city airships have to do with weather satellites? ???
https://www.space.com/29140-venus-airship-cloud-cities-incredible-technology.html
Who says this technology is only for Venus? NASA has a way of keeping things secret for many years. Hell, NASA has been using Balloon Satellites for since the 60s and we are to believe they are circling a Globe, but are actually circling above. But I know you believe otherwise and I don't care! You have had this argument with others here. Save your breath because it's not going to add any needed curvature to this Plane Earth.

If it is such a well kept secret how do you know about it.

You should think about another avatar.

Nice try at deflection.

Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #919 on: August 19, 2019, 08:07:12 PM »

I know it's long, but maybe take some time off from meme creation, and watch this one.

I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #920 on: August 19, 2019, 08:14:29 PM »
I guess Plat Terra doesn't want to answer my questions because they're either too hard, or they're bad for his argument.  I win, Earth is a globe.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #921 on: August 19, 2019, 08:36:14 PM »
We had given quite sufficient evidence for curvature!

We've shown plenty of evidence of curvature but you just brush it aside.

You asked "When will 'RE Community' Accept Defeat?" So YOU don't get to set the terms! We set the terms! Got that!

Here is some evidence of curvature and some allow the calculation of the earth's radius. If you don't accept it, tough!
  • If the earth were flat I can't see how the sun (and moon, planets and stars) could appear to be hidden "behind something" and slowly rise up top first as in this video (click anywhere, it links to a video):

An then the sun set near the west with the bottom disappearing first:

LHG-0693 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.02, 300 mm

LHG-0697 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.29, 300 mm

• Then, if the earth were flat, from any altitude, the horizon should "rise to eye-level" meaning it should remain horizon with the viewer.
    This is stressed by many flat earth sites, including the Wiki here:
    Quote from: The Flat Society Wiki
    Basic Perspective
    A fact of basic perspective is that the line of the horizon is always at eye level with the observer. This will help us understand how viewing distance works, in addition to the sinking ship effect.

Have you ever noticed that as you climb a mountain the line of the horizon seems to rise with you?

But in practice the horizon seems to rise nearly to eye-level (due to perspective) it never quite gets there.

There is a whole thread on the Metabunk site devoted to this, How to Show the Horizon is Below Eye Level, Using Actual Eyes.

This "dip angle to the horizon", as it is called is very small low altitudes, being only about 0.04° (quite unnoticable) at 2 metres.
    But at 100 m it becomes 0.3°, enough to easily detect with a level, at 1000 m about 1.0° and finally at 10,000 m about 3°.

There are many YouTube videos both showing it measured or simple demonstrated. Here is one from near here using "mountains":
    Andrew Eddie found that, from Flaxton Gardens, Queensland (418 m above sea-level), Mount Coolum (208 m above sea-level) lines up with the horizon.
    This makes it certain that the horizon is below the local horizontal.

Flat Earth? Mountains rising to meet eye-level? Andrew Eddie

The opening screen does show only 0.523° but that is over a flat surface and at 2:55 the video has a more accurate calculation showing that from an altitude of 418 m the horizon is about 0.626° below eye-level.
    That's not all that much less than the horizon Dip of 0.66° given by Metabunk''s Earth's Curve Horizon, Bulge, Drop, and Hidden Calculator.

Here's one by a member of the TFES.org, Bobby Shafto:

Does the Horizon Always Stay at “Eye Level” by Bobby Shafto

And here's another by Critical Think from Brisbane, Australia as if anyone couldn't guess ;D:

Globling teaches Antonio Subirats a better lesson in horizon drop by Critical Think

Then back in about 1000 AD this "dip angle to the horizon" was used to estimate the radius of the earth.
    Abu Rayhan Biruni (973–1048):

Al Biruni used a new method to accurately compute the Earth's circumference, by which he arrived at a value that was close to modern values for the Earth's circumference. His estimate of 6,339.9 km for the Earth radius was only 16.8 km less than the modern value of 6,356.7 km. In contrast to his predecessors, who measured the Earth's circumference by sighting the Sun simultaneously from two different locations, Biruni developed a new method of using trigonometric calculations based on the angle between a plain and mountain top.

This yielded more accurate measurements of the Earth's circumference and made it possible for a single person to measure it from a single location. Biruni's method was intended to avoid "walking across hot, dusty deserts," and the idea came to him when he was on top of a tall mountain in India. From the top of the mountain, he sighted the angle to the horizon which, along with the mountain's height (which he calculated beforehand), allowed him to calculate the curvature of the Earth. He also made use of algebra to formulate trigonometric equations and used the astrolabe to measure angles.

Biruni's method for calculation of Earth's radius
    So the horizon does not rise to eye-level as it must if the earth were flat.

And there are plenty more.

• Then, of course there are all the cases of ships, etc, being hidden by the curve but they can wait.

« Reply #922 on: August 19, 2019, 08:53:23 PM »

That's no way to talk about your pals over at NASA who assume, "the earth is a stationary flat plane". Lol! 

So if NASA is being truthful about a stationary flat plane, in those documents, why are they now trying to deceive people? 

Common sense isn't your forte is it plat terra? Did you crack open your popcorn and crank up a few crack head flat earth man songs while you laughed like a lunatic at a few astronauts who you stupidly think are actors in wire rigs in a studio?

You did watch the 1st video where the NASA astronaut reflects on his time working alongside the Russian astronauts aboard the ISS? Yes?

Flat earth man is taking the piss out of flat earthers and you don't realise it....

« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:49:42 PM by Sunset »

« Reply #923 on: August 19, 2019, 11:11:36 PM »

I'll be more specific. Of course you do. Why would you admit you do on such an important issue? Your the opposition and can't prove curvature as asked and pass (run) the buck to Bureau of Surveyors. They can't answer as asked either.

Aaah but why does it have to be over uneven terrain when over water is so much simpler?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #924 on: August 20, 2019, 01:00:11 AM »

More fake fotos that you continually post with your meaningless memes to promote you pathetic pancake planet.

I'd rather believe in the Gorgeous Globe the explains all is see with elegant ease!

Here, have one that is not :D Photoshopped  :D!

View of the Earth as seen by the Apollo 17 crew -- astronaut Eugene A. Cernan, commander;
astronaut Ronald E. Evans, command module pilot; and scientist-astronaut Harrison H. Schmitt,
lunar module pilot -- traveling toward the moon.
This translunar coast photograph extends from the Mediterranean Sea area to the Antarctica South polar ice cap.
This is the first time the Apollo trajectory made it possible to photograph the South polar ice cap.

Note the heavy cloud cover in the Southern Hemisphere.
Almost the entire coastline of Africa is clearly visible. The Arabian Peninsula can be seen at the Northeastern edge of Africa.
The large island off the coast of Africa is the Malagasy Republic. The Asian mainland is on the horizon toward the Northeast.

Image Credit: NASA
Real pretty, isn't it?

JackBlack

« Reply #925 on: August 20, 2019, 01:08:39 AM »
Really?
You are yet to present anything to add to the defeat.
Every argument allegedly defeating a RE has been refuted.

This is just another on a long line.
Dishonesty presented to con gullible people that don't bother thinking, but which doesn't withstand rational scrutiny.

The following video proves this fact. The man is bobbing up and down and left to right, always coming back to center like a weight hanging on a fishing bobbin, without pushing off anything to maintain center.
Yes, he is moving around, but not like a weight on a string.
You are aware there are footholds for them so they don't just go flying off all the time?

So once again, no problem for the RE, no reason for RE to admit defeat.

More importantly, even if NASA was lying and they fake stuff on the ISS, it still doesn't show Earth isn't round or show that Earth is flat, so it still wouldn't be defeating RE.

?

frenat

« Reply #926 on: August 20, 2019, 05:08:54 AM »
Claim to see the ISS with the naked eye.

Proof that Plat Terra doesn't understand the concept of contrast.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #927 on: August 20, 2019, 05:30:49 AM »

I would wager he hasn't even tried a tracking app, they would tell him when and where to look for SUNLIGHT REFLECTING off those massive solar panels!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #928 on: August 20, 2019, 05:41:09 AM »

It's simpler to say, "Proof that Plat Terra doesn't understand any concept."

International Space Station, ISS, as seen from Earth by RichardB1983

Spotting the International Space Station in your sky......... by Simply Seth

Can we see the ISS with the naked eye? | Martin Archer | Ask Head Squeeze

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #929 on: August 20, 2019, 07:14:17 AM »

Well, for starters you can see an airliner at that height, especially when (and this is important), it catches the sun, and that is the important thing about looking for the ISS, you need the sun over the horizon, it, against the dark back ground of the night sky, then the sun (which in your fantasy is hidden behind the atmolayer) illuminates it, and indeed a host of other satellites, and at the right time of year, noctilucent clouds too.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.