When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #840 on: August 16, 2019, 07:04:01 PM »
You just have to be there at the same place at the right time to see there is no silly imaginary water curvature at the Bathurst Lighthouse. The opposition can’t tell the truth, so more are accepting defeat and learning the real world. Great work Flat Earthers!

Wolfie6020 Bathurst Lighthouse Curvature Proof DEBUNKED [Flat_Earth_Awakening, GLOBEBUSTERS]

What's the elevation of the observer in your video? Wolfie did it at 100' and at 6'. Your video doesn't say. Kind of important, don't you think? Wolfie's:

You like to muddy the waters' too. Go back and view the information in the video. It's there.

I didn't see mention of the elevation of the observer in the video. Maybe you can enlighten me with what it is?
Look again. It's there to see.

I did. I didn't see it. You posted the video, the least you could do is be honest and give out the details if you know them. Why so cagey? Do you know the elevation or not? Did I just miss it a second time? If so, you know it, tell me what it is.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #841 on: August 16, 2019, 07:11:25 PM »
The video he poseted posted, the Boat sailed into a mirage and became masked. It was not behind the mirage untill you couldn't see it.

The boat shrinks with perspective and the MAST remains tall through perspective then fades away above the water line.

The thumbnail pic for the video shows these facts. Science and your blunder videos proves boats don't go over a curve they just disapate beyond view.

See....

So I'll that that as a no, you didn't watch the video beyond the thumbnail.

I watched it in detail. It proves your curve is a silly fairy tale. The mast fades away above the water line.

Have a nice evening!
But where is the evidence for the mirage that is supposedly blocking the hull?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #842 on: August 16, 2019, 08:42:21 PM »
You just have to be there at the same place at the right time to see there is no silly imaginary water curvature at the Bathurst Lighthouse. The opposition can’t tell the truth, so more are accepting defeat and learning the real world. Great work Flat Earthers!
Who can't tell the truth, Mr Plat Terra? We'll look at just what you Flat Earth Awakening really says and see just who is telling the truth!

Quote from: Plat Terra
Wolfie6020 Bathurst Lighthouse Curvature Proof DEBUNKED [Flat_Earth_Awakening, GLOBEBUSTERS]

Rubbish! The image you show is NOT "The entire Bathurst Lighthouse and Land" that is totally false! This is "The entire Bathurst Lighthouse and Land"!

Wolfie6020 Bathurst Lighthouse from 100 ft showing all of the lighthouse and land!

But let's start from the "very beginning" of that charade!

Flat Earth Awakening claims:

Well, let's see just who did the "cherry-picking" of a day when the "atmospheric Lensing Conditions were at a High Refractive Index" (meaningless rubbish!)

Take a look at your Flat Earth Awakening's image on the left below! Look at all the mirroring that he, himself, has pointed out!

Flat Earth Awakening's image: LOOK at the obvious mirroring.
    Wolfie's image: No trace of any  mirroring.

Certainly, refraction can affect the viewing distance and taking photos when there is warm air over cooler water is just the conditions to cause that.

Your Flat Earth Awakening's a smart cookie and knows the tricks of the trade and knows when to take his videos but it shows in images like this:

Look at the glistening on the water surface! It's a dead give-away - nevertheless, it still shows quite a bit of the island hidden - why?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #843 on: August 16, 2019, 10:35:33 PM »
In the RE superior mirage light bends down. That allows light to go over the curvature and reach the observer. Without curvature, light bending down would hit the ground or the surface of the sea, maybe the fish would see it, but not an observer sitting at same or higher altitude.
So how does the superior mirage work in FE? Could you please describe how is light bending and what is causing it, a diagram would help.
It works in the same way. Light bends down. The key thing to remember is that the light from an object goes out in basically all directions except those blocked by the object.

e.g., for a RE:

The direct light path (blue) would go through Earth, but the refracted one (purple) would curve downwards.
Note that the curved light path is going out at a higher angle than the direct light path and appears at a higher angle, making the object look higher.

For a hypothetical and purely fictional FE:

Effectively the exact same thing.
The refracted light path goes out at a higher angle, it is refracted downwards and is observed at a higher angle.

You are right it can work. However in Platt's theory the light from the ship or buildings is not refracted, only the light from the water in front of them. That would require a very odd light path. I tried to draw it, but it's difficult to make it work:

In this this example (if I drew it correctly)   it's not clear what is happening with the lighthouse. Why refraction is affecting only the water and not the lighthouse? And can a mirage completely block an object behind it? shouldn't  we see the image of the lighthouse mixed with reflection from the sea?

EDIT: In the picture I made you would actually see the sea floating in the air not covering the light house from bottom up. Maybe like this:

Like I said, it's difficult to make a picture of what Platt is saying.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 12:13:48 AM by kopfverderber »
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #844 on: August 17, 2019, 01:14:15 AM »

I'll dig up some other photos of that cityscape from 30.84 miles away at 6 foot height, with different atmospheric conditions, and we'll see if more or less of the cityscape is hidden behind a wall of water than in your meme photos......

Can't wait for you to follow through with that.
How long do you think it will take you?

Just kidding. We all know you are just bloviating.   

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #845 on: August 17, 2019, 01:59:50 AM »

I'll dig up some other photos of that cityscape from 30.84 miles away at 6 foot height, with different atmospheric conditions, and we'll see if more or less of the cityscape is hidden behind a wall of water than in your meme photos......

Blow hard enough and you might get walls of water like this:

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #846 on: August 17, 2019, 03:21:56 AM »

Blow hard enough and you might get walls of water like this . . .

The bible is way more funny when someone hires people to pretend the story.
I especially enjoy the lack of mud.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #847 on: August 17, 2019, 03:47:54 AM »

Blow hard enough and you might get walls of water like this . . .

The bible is way more funny when someone hires people to pretend the story.
I especially enjoy the lack of mud.
Blow hard enough and? The Science of the Red Sea’s Parting. Who knows?

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #848 on: August 17, 2019, 08:24:30 AM »
Who can't tell the truth, Mr Plat Terra? We'll look at just what you Flat Earth Awakening really says and see just who is telling the truth!

Rubbish! The image you show is NOT "The entire Bathurst Lighthouse and Land" that is totally false! This is "The entire Bathurst Lighthouse and Land"!

Wolfie6020 Bathurst Lighthouse from 100 ft showing all of the lighthouse and land!

Certainly, refraction can affect the viewing distance and taking photos when there is warm air over cooler water is just the conditions to cause that.

Your Flat Earth Awakening's a smart cookie and knows the tricks of the trade and knows when to take his videos but it shows in images like this:

Look at the glistening on the water surface! It's a dead give-away - nevertheless, it still shows quite a bit of the island hidden - why?

We know you have to deny the facts openly. You're not going to accept defeat with a sinking ship. You be the captian. It's a good thing others believe in truth and honesty.

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #849 on: August 17, 2019, 10:02:34 AM »

We know you have to deny the facts openly. You're not going to accept defeat with a sinking ship. You be the captian. It's a good thing others believe in truth and honesty.

What's the Observer height in the above images? Wolfie is very clear, 100' & 6', in his:

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #850 on: August 17, 2019, 10:08:41 AM »
Did you create that embarrassing image, Stash?

You think that swells in the water needs to be 75 feet in height to cover 75 feet in the distance?

An erroneous argument. That is like claiming that only an object the size of an elephant can obscure an elephant in the distance, when a dime could easily do so.

Even children know that a small thing can obscure a large thing. Be smart like children.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #851 on: August 17, 2019, 10:20:51 AM »

You think that swells in the water needs to be 75 feet in height to cover 75 feet in the distance?

An erroneous argument. That is like claiming that only an object the size of an elephant can obscure an elephant in the distance, when a dime could easily do so.

Even children know that a small thing can obscure a large thing. Be smart like children.

Cool, apply your child-like smarts: How high would the swells have to be to obscure 75' of the lighthouse at a 6' observer height? And it's one continuous swell that doesn't change height. And I don't even see whitecaps, let alone 'swells'.

Plat Terra

« Reply #852 on: August 17, 2019, 11:15:58 AM »
Eratosthenes and other astronomers then and now are all wrong about Earth’s alleged circumference. Observing the surface water between lighthouses and shore prove this Earth lacks the curvature as claimed. Knowing these facts, what is the new circumference of Earth and new size of the Heliocentric system for those who still want to hold to a sphere Earth? Please provide the detailed information for the new Heliocentric system with adjusted gravity calculations or accept defeat and embrace the real Earth.

The following video is about the lighthouse across the Oslo fjord (Norway). At a distance of 17.3 km, there is no hump of curvature, no imaginary curve and no illusion to embrace.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 03:57:13 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

« Reply #853 on: August 17, 2019, 12:16:47 PM »

Not from a distance, Thomas. Children know that small things, even the head of a matchstick, can obscure objects in the distance when in close proximity to the eyes, but not from a distance like those waves. Even plat tera knows this!! Embarassment plus!  :-[

« Reply #854 on: August 17, 2019, 12:30:43 PM »
Lighthouses, now, plat tera? Finished with mirages so soon I see. Lighthouses reinforce the fact earth is a sphere, and no new circumference size for earth necessary.

Light from lighthouses bend with refraction as already discussed, are usually emitting a beam of light much higher than 6 feet, and the light is amplified, so ofcourse it can be seen from 17.3 km away.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #855 on: August 17, 2019, 12:35:45 PM »

Not from a distance, Thomas. Children know that small things, even the head of a matchstick, can obscure objects in the distance when in close proximity to the eyes, but not from a distance like those waves. Even plat tera knows this!! Embarassment plus!  :-[

So a wave at any point between the lighthouse must be 75 feet in height to cover a further distant light house? Relative sizes only occurs with match sticks and dimes a few inches from your face?

That is a very interesting world view, as we are taught that relative sizes are linear with distance. A car one mile away is a different size than a car ten miles away.

Children know this, but apparently not some people on these forums. Deeply troubling that these same people also wish to instruct us on the truth of the world.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #856 on: August 17, 2019, 12:37:48 PM »

So a wave at any point between the lighthouse must be 75 feet in height to cover a further distant light house? Relative sizes only occurs with match sticks and dimes a few inches from your face?

That is a very interesting world view, as we are taught that relative sizes are linear with distance. A car one mile away is a different size than a car ten miles away.

Children know this, but apparently not some people on these forums. Deeply troubling that these same people also wish to instruct us on the truth of the world.

Like I asked and you have failed to answer, how high would the swells have to be to obscure 75' of the lighthouse at a 6' observer height?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #857 on: August 17, 2019, 12:52:58 PM »
Like I asked and you have failed to answer, how high would the swells have to be to obscure 75' of the lighthouse at a 6' observer height?

Seems to be irrelevant as we don't know how far those waves are and the distance to the lighthouse is not stated in the image.

The main take away is that you are mistaken that an object or wave would need to be 75 feet to cover 75 feet in the distance. A fairly embarrassing blunder from someone trying to instruct us on the truth of nature.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 01:00:51 PM by Tom Bishop »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #858 on: August 17, 2019, 01:03:02 PM »

Seems to be irrelevant as we don't know how far those waves are and the distance to the lighthouse is not stated in the image.

The main take away is that you are mistaken that an object or wave would need to be 75 feet to cover 75 feet in the distance. A fairly embarrassing blunder.

Distances are 20.25 km for 100' observation and 20 km for the 6' observation.

I was being facetious about a 75' wave in response to another poster.

The main take away is actually how high would the swells have to be according to you?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #859 on: August 17, 2019, 01:33:11 PM »
Impertinent/don't care. Merely pointing out that things get smaller as they get further away, that 75 foot waves are not necessary, and the "that must be a huge wave to cover that building!!" arguments are in error at their premise.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #860 on: August 17, 2019, 01:52:03 PM »
Impertinent/don't care. Merely pointing out that things get smaller as they get further away, that 75 foot waves are not necessary, and the "that must be a huge wave to cover that building!!" arguments are in error at their premise.

I'm glad you agree that things get smaller as they get further way. That would explain why the sun can't set due to perspective.

And cool, we'll just stick with the curvature of the earth as the reason for the light house being obscured.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #861 on: August 17, 2019, 01:52:39 PM »

The main take away is that you are mistaken that an object or wave would need to be 75 feet to cover 75 feet in the distance. A fairly embarrassing blunder from someone trying to instruct us on the truth of nature.

The point is that much of the lighthouse and almost all the island is hidden! Why are you so bothered about whether it's 75' or 48 ' hidden?
You seem to have forgotten that Wolfie's video shows the lighthouse from 100 feet above sea-level and from 6 feet above sea-level.
What's the Observer height in the above images? Wolfie is very clear, 100' & 6', in his:

Here are more accurate figures for distances and heights:
The calculated heights and distance are, with standard refraction:
From 100 feet: Distance = 12.6 miles, Viewer height = 100 feet; giving horizon distance = 13.2 miles, Hidden height - none.
From    6 feet: Distance = 12.4 miles, Viewer height =     6 feet; giving horizon distance =   3.2 miles, Hidden height - 48 feet.

And in this video he shows the view from 100 feet then zooms out to show a wide view zooms back out, then shows the view from 6 feet above sea level:

Flat Earth - Zooming on Lighthouses and a ship - 6ft vs 100ft Elevation. Wolfie6020

There is no significant swell and at 1:00 in the above video there are some waves on the ocean horizon but they have minimal effect on the view.

Now YOUR explanations, please!

?

frenat

« Reply #862 on: August 17, 2019, 06:23:38 PM »
Eratosthenes and other astronomers then and now are all wrong about Earth’s alleged circumference. Observing the surface water between lighthouses and shore prove this Earth lacks the curvature as claimed. Knowing these facts, what is the new circumference of Earth and new size of the Heliocentric system for those who still want to hold to a sphere Earth? Please provide the detailed information for the new Heliocentric system with adjusted gravity calculations or accept defeat and embrace the real Earth.

The following video is about the lighthouse across the Oslo fjord (Norway). At a distance of 17.3 km, there is no hump of curvature, no imaginary curve and no illusion to embrace.

Those figures are without any refraction. and the images provided DO show more hidden as the observer height decreases. So what is supposed to be the problem besides you still don't understand the subject?
Thanks for the humor!

« Reply #863 on: August 17, 2019, 07:25:21 PM »
In your lighthouse video, plat tera, the narrator is totally correct when referring to earth curvature alone. But if the narrator were educated in atmospheric phenomena including refraction and superior mirages, and factored these in, the images he has captured with his p9 camera perfectly align with earth curvature calculations.

The narrator is making a rookie mistake.

« Reply #864 on: August 17, 2019, 07:48:14 PM »
Tom, you do understand that given an observer with an eye elevation of 6ft, a wave will have to be at least 6ft or higher if it is to block more than 6ft of the land the lighthouse is on right?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #865 on: August 18, 2019, 03:19:49 AM »
Eratosthenes and other astronomers then and now are all wrong about Earth’s alleged circumference.

Observing the surface water between lighthouses and shore prove this Earth lacks the curvature as claimed.
Sorry, Mr Plat Terra, numerous meaningless memes and a few fuzzy photos taken in a situation likely cause extra refraction isn't going to convince anyone.
Eratosthenes and all the astronomers, surveyors and physicists have nothing to fear!

Knowing these facts,
You have no "facts" just a few poor quality photos!

what is the new circumference of Earth and new size of the Heliocentric system for those who still want to hold to a sphere Earth?
Nobody's going to change a thing!

Please provide the detailed information for the new Heliocentric system with adjusted gravity calculations or accept defeat and embrace the real Earth.
The "Heliocentric system" has nothing to do with the diameter of the Globe and why would any "gravity calculations"?
The Zall the astronomers, surveyors and physicists already "embrace the real Earth"

As explained before,  your video proves nothing!

But on the lighthouse videos and photos you saw how changing height shows how the surface must be curved, these:
The following screenshots of the Bathurst Lighthouse on Rottnest Island are taken from Avonmore Tce,  Cottesloe Western Australia.

Bathurst Lighthouse from 100 ft

Bathurst Lighthouse from 6 ft
And here is another:

Curvature Captured By Drone - Flat Earth Falsities by VoysovReason

Ships and Catalina Island from Low Level

Ships and Catalina Island from High Level

Bye, bye!

« Reply #866 on: August 18, 2019, 08:22:52 AM »

You should try that TOM...being smart like children that is.

Plat Terra

« Reply #867 on: August 18, 2019, 08:25:51 AM »
Eratosthenes and other astronomers then and now are all wrong about Earth’s alleged circumference.

Observing the surface water between lighthouses and shore prove this Earth lacks the curvature as claimed.
Sorry, Mr Plat Terra, numerous meaningless memes and a few fuzzy photos taken in a situation likely cause extra refraction isn't going to convince anyone.
Eratosthenes and all the astronomers, surveyors and physicists have nothing to fear!

Knowing these facts,
You have no "facts" just a few poor quality photos!

what is the new circumference of Earth and new size of the Heliocentric system for those who still want to hold to a sphere Earth?
Nobody's going to change a thing!

Please provide the detailed information for the new Heliocentric system with adjusted gravity calculations or accept defeat and embrace the real Earth.
The "Heliocentric system" has nothing to do with the diameter of the Globe and why would any "gravity calculations"?
The Zall the astronomers, surveyors and physicists already "embrace the real Earth"

As explained before,  your video proves nothing!

But on the lighthouse videos and photos you saw how changing height shows how the surface must be curved, these:
The following screenshots of the Bathurst Lighthouse on Rottnest Island are taken from Avonmore Tce,  Cottesloe Western Australia.

Bathurst Lighthouse from 100 ft

Bathurst Lighthouse from 6 ft
And here is another:

Curvature Captured By Drone - Flat Earth Falsities by VoysovReason

Ships and Catalina Island from Low Level

Ships and Catalina Island from High Level

Bye, bye!

I can’t stop you from believing in and teaching bloated illusions as proof of curvature. If you actually lived on a sphere earth, you could do much better than that, but what ever makes you feel the curvies.

« Reply #868 on: August 18, 2019, 12:26:46 PM »

I kinda lost interest when every other man and his dog dug up other photos of that same cityscape under different atmospheric conditions, and proved my point way better than I was going to. Thanks everyone!  :D

I could dig up a few more just to rub salt in plat tera's pin prick wound, bulltwinkle....it's the tiny pricks that always sting the most don't they? :o

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #869 on: August 18, 2019, 12:45:47 PM »
A now a classic, lake Pontchartrain

You must gather your party before venturing forth