When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #810 on: August 16, 2019, 10:26:39 AM »
A superior mirage can happen with any surface on this Plane Earth. It can happen with water or land. The surface will rise up and mask anything in the distance. If a building or boat is off in the distance, it will be masked and didn’t go over an imaginary curve. It was either blocked by the mirage or sailed into it and blended in. Boats’ going over a curve is just an illusion and a silly argument.

Why should I believe that this boat sailing over the horizon is being blocked by a mirage?

Would you like to take another close look and tell us? Or do we need to point out a couple things?

Thanks for posting.
Since you're the one making the claim, you're the one who should support that claim.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #811 on: August 16, 2019, 10:30:43 AM »
A superior mirage can happen with any surface on this Plane Earth. It can happen with water or land. The surface will rise up and mask anything in the distance. If a building or boat is off in the distance, it will be masked and didn’t go over an imaginary curve. It was either blocked by the mirage or sailed into it and blended in. Boats’ going over a curve is just an illusion and a silly argument.

Why should I believe that this boat sailing over the horizon is being blocked by a mirage?

Would you like to take another close look and tell us? Or do we need to point out a couple things?

Thanks for posting.
Since you're the one making the claim, you're the one who should support that claim.

I will wait for others to chime in.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #812 on: August 16, 2019, 11:12:45 AM »

I told you to learn some physics before making your theories. Your post is nonsense.

In a superior mirage light bends down, I repeat in case you missed it, light bends DOWN. The object is then seen above you because of the earths curvature.

In FE that is obviously not possible, so how does a superior mirage work in FE? Can you describe the light path?

And light is blocked by objects. How does a mirage block the image of the ship as you claim? you think light blocks light? what you would see in your fantasy refraction is a blended image of sea and ship.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Plat Terra

« Reply #813 on: August 16, 2019, 12:04:27 PM »

In a superior mirage light bends down, I repeat in case you missed it, light bends DOWN. The object is then seen above you because of the earths curvature.

In FE that is obviously not possible,

Why is it not possible?  It happens all the time on the Plane Earth.

You have yet to prove a curved surface projects a horizontal mirage.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #814 on: August 16, 2019, 12:38:02 PM »

Thanks for posting.

I looked around for additional Toronto skylines and found a few. They all had similar results. Giving FE the benefit of the doubt, these were all taken from an observer height of 6' or higher. As well, the CN tower sits 25 feet above lake level which is not depicted. The water in them all looks surprisingly un-miraged.

So the question remains for FE, where's the shoreline and where's the bottom of the tower? On a flat plane we should see both, yet they are distinctively absent.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #815 on: August 16, 2019, 01:31:51 PM »

Why is it not possible?  It happens all the time on the Plane Earth.

You have yet to prove a curved surface projects a horizontal mirage.

In the RE superior mirage light bends down. That allows light to go over the curvature and reach the observer. Without curvature, light bending down would hit the ground or the surface of the sea, maybe the fish would see it, but not an observer sitting at same or higher altitude.

So how does the superior mirage work in FE? Could you please describe how is light bending and what is causing it, a diagram would help.

You also don't explain why the refraction makes the surface rise up and not the ship or the buildings or how can a mirage completely block the sight of the ships or buildings, what's stopping the light from coming through? And how can that possibly work consistently for every situation and for all observers looking from different altitudes and for every weather situation.

It just doesn't make any sense. What you are saying doesn't look possible and it doesn't even match what others FE say, I think you have misunderstood something. This is what others FE say, maybe you need to do some more research:

You must gather your party before venturing forth

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #816 on: August 16, 2019, 03:09:13 PM »

Thanks for posting.

Have enough others chimed in yet?

JackBlack

« Reply #817 on: August 16, 2019, 03:21:54 PM »
A superior mirage can happen with any surface on this Plane Earth. It can happen with water or land. The surface will rise up and mask anything
So go to these places and recreate it, but rather than just using a camera, use a theodolite so you can measure the angle of elevation.
If what you are saying is true, you would need to have this mirage go to a high angle of elevation to obscure the object.

JackBlack

« Reply #818 on: August 16, 2019, 03:27:47 PM »
In the RE superior mirage light bends down. That allows light to go over the curvature and reach the observer. Without curvature, light bending down would hit the ground or the surface of the sea, maybe the fish would see it, but not an observer sitting at same or higher altitude.
So how does the superior mirage work in FE? Could you please describe how is light bending and what is causing it, a diagram would help.
It works in the same way. Light bends down. The key thing to remember is that the light from an object goes out in basically all directions except those blocked by the object.

e.g., for a RE:

The direct light path (blue) would go through Earth, but the refracted one (purple) would curve downwards.
Note that the curved light path is going out at a higher angle than the direct light path and appears at a higher angle, making the object look higher.

For a hypothetical and purely fictional FE:

Effectively the exact same thing.
The refracted light path goes out at a higher angle, it is refracted downwards and is observed at a higher angle.

Plat Terra

« Reply #819 on: August 16, 2019, 04:12:53 PM »

Thanks for posting.

Have enough others chimed in yet?

You are confused. A mirage can block landmass, shoreline with a docked boat. That was my main point.  Anything behind the mirage is blocked.

The video you posted, the Boat sailed into a mirage and became masked. It was not behind the mirage untill you couldn't see it. The boat shrinks with perspective and the MAST remains tall through perspective then fades away above the water line.

The thumbnail pic for the video shows these facts. Science and your blunder videos proves boats don't go over a curve they just disapate beyond view.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 04:17:17 PM by Plat Terra »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #820 on: August 16, 2019, 04:29:05 PM »
The video you posted, the Boat sailed into a mirage and became masked. It was not behind the mirage untill you couldn't see it. The boat shrinks with perspective and the MAST remains tall through perspective then fades away above the water line.
Why do you believe that the boat sailed into a mirage?  What tell-tale signs of a mirage did you see?  Where are the heat shimmers or other atmospheric distortions that are the dead giveaway of a mirage?

The thumbnail pic for the video shows these facts. Science and your blunder videos proves boats don't go over a curve they just disapate beyond view.

Did you even watch any of the video beyond the thumbnail pic?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #821 on: August 16, 2019, 05:22:21 PM »
You are confused. A mirage can block landmass, shoreline with a docked boat. That was my main point.  Anything behind the mirage is blocked.

The video you posted, the Boat sailed into a mirage and became masked. It was not behind the mirage untill you couldn't see it. The
Yes, a mirage might sometimes mask something or sometimes reveal something as in your terribly "Rogers Center" video.

But look at these photos from Stash. A couple might from Niagara on the Lake might show a trace but even those are negligee.
I looked around for additional Toronto skylines and found a few. They all had similar results. Giving FE the benefit of the doubt, these were all taken from an observer height of 6' or higher. As well, the CN tower sits 25 feet above lake level which is not depicted. The water in them all looks surprisingly un-miraged.

So the question remains for FE, where's the shoreline and where's the bottom of the tower? On a flat plane we should see both, yet they are distinctively absent.

Then there are these screenshots show no sign of any mirage "masking" anything:
Then there are other videos showing a clean horizon with no sign of excess refraction of mirages as in:
The following screenshots of the Bathurst Lighthouse on Rottnest Island are taken from Avonmore Tce,  Cottesloe Western Australia.

Bathurst Lighthouse from 100 ft

Bathurst Lighthouse from 6 ft
The screenshots are from this video:

Bathurst Lighthouse - The fastest flat Earth destroyer in the West.
Not only is the horizon clean and sharp but the island and lighthouse is shown from two known elevations allowing an easy comparison.
There's not the slightest chance that you could convince anyone in the "RE Community" to "Accept Defeat"!

But, Plat Terra, your excuses are getting more and more entertaining!

Plat Terra

« Reply #822 on: August 16, 2019, 05:54:10 PM »

The video you posted, the Boat sailed into a mirage and became masked. It was not behind the mirage untill you couldn't see it. The
Yes, a mirage might sometimes mask something or sometimes reveal something as in your terribly "Rogers Center" video.

But look at these photos from Stash. A couple might from Niagara on the Lake might show a trace but even those are negligee.

Then there are other videos showing a clean horizon with no sign of excess refraction of mirages as in:
The following screenshots of the Bathurst Lighthouse on Rottnest Island are taken from Avonmore Tce,  Cottesloe Western Australia.

Not only is the horizon clean and sharp but the island and lighthouse is shown from two known elevations allowing an easy comparison.
There's not the slightest chance that you could convince anyone in the "RE Community" to "Accept Defeat"!

There you go mudding the waters' again. My points pertains to another issue.

He is confused. A mirage can block landmass, shoreline with a docked boat. That was my main point.  Anything behind the mirage is blocked.

The video he poseted posted, the Boat sailed into a mirage and became masked. It was not behind the mirage untill you couldn't see it.

The boat shrinks with perspective and the MAST remains tall through perspective then fades away above the water line.

See....

« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 06:00:49 PM by Plat Terra »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #823 on: August 16, 2019, 05:57:56 PM »
Those interested in whether an inferior mirage (one with an inverted image below the main image) can "mask" objects might read:
Claim: Distant Objects Being Obscured Is Due To the "Mirror Blocking" Effect of Inferior Mirages, Discussion started by Wiggles, Jul 22, 2019..

The answer seems to be that Inferior Mirages do not hide anything and the true horizon is the "mirroring line".

In that photo the speedboat is well this side of the horizon.

Maybe others have better information.

Plat Terra

« Reply #824 on: August 16, 2019, 06:04:43 PM »
Those interested in whether an inferior mirage (one with an inverted image below the main image) can "mask" objects might read:
Claim: Distant Objects Being Obscured Is Due To the "Mirror Blocking" Effect of Inferior Mirages, Discussion started by Wiggles, Jul 22, 2019..

The answer seems to be that Inferior Mirages do not hide anything and the true horizon is the "mirroring line".

In that photo the speedboat is well this side of the horizon.

Maybe others have better information.

And that boat is much closer than the mirror line and nothing is below any imaginary silly curve.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #825 on: August 16, 2019, 06:13:11 PM »

He is confused. A mirage can block landmass, shoreline with a docked boat. That was my main point.  Anything behind the mirage is blocked.

The video he poseted posted, the Boat sailed into a mirage and became masked. It was not behind the mirage untill you couldn't see it.

The boat shrinks with perspective and the MAST remains tall through perspective then fades away above the water line.

See....

More than a few of the CN Tower images have no evidence of miraging, just evidence of curvature.

No miraging here either, just more evidence of curvature:

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #826 on: August 16, 2019, 06:25:15 PM »
Did you figure out why no one has noticed the distance between lines of longitude is much greater in the Southern Hemisphere than the North Hemisphere?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #827 on: August 16, 2019, 06:29:40 PM »

You use that worn out excuse that "A mirage can block landmass, shoreline with a docked boat" but can it?

My point, which you insist on ignoring, is that there are numerous examples of "curved water" hiding land, boats, lighthouses and even aircraft.
Yes, either the Airbus A340 can fly underwater or water is curved:

Water finds its level? by Olivier Joseph

These seem to demonstrate that water is really curved.

Plat Terra

« Reply #828 on: August 16, 2019, 06:30:51 PM »
Did you figure out why no one has noticed the distance between lines of longitude is much greater in the Southern Hemisphere than the North Hemisphere?

Did you figure out why you have been defeated and why no argument you have will make land or sea rise up and conform to a 3959 mile radius?

Plat Terra

« Reply #829 on: August 16, 2019, 06:32:12 PM »
You just have to be there at the same place at the right time to see there is no silly imaginary water curvature at the Bathurst Lighthouse. The opposition can’t tell the truth, so more are accepting defeat and learning the real world. Great work Flat Earthers!

Wolfie6020 Bathurst Lighthouse Curvature Proof DEBUNKED [Flat_Earth_Awakening, GLOBEBUSTERS]

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #830 on: August 16, 2019, 06:34:50 PM »

Did you figure out why you have been defeated and why no argument you have will make land or sea rise up and conform to a 3959 mile radius?
You run away fast.

It’s already been shown many times how objects can go behind the curve.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #831 on: August 16, 2019, 06:37:09 PM »
You just have to be there at the same place at the right time to see there is no silly imaginary water curvature at the Bathurst Lighthouse. The opposition can’t tell the truth, so more are accepting defeat and learning the real world. Great work Flat Earthers!

Wolfie6020 Bathurst Lighthouse Curvature Proof DEBUNKED [Flat_Earth_Awakening, GLOBEBUSTERS]

What's the elevation of the observer in your video? Wolfie did it at 100' and at 6'. Your video doesn't say. Kind of important, don't you think? Wolfie's:

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #832 on: August 16, 2019, 06:48:07 PM »

See....

So I'll that that as a no, you didn't watch the video beyond the thumbnail.

Plat Terra

« Reply #833 on: August 16, 2019, 06:50:59 PM »

What's the elevation of the observer in your video? Wolfie did it at 100' and at 6'. Your video doesn't say. Kind of important, don't you think? Wolfie's:

You like to muddy the waters' too. Go back and view the information in the video. It's there.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #834 on: August 16, 2019, 06:52:58 PM »

You like to muddy the waters' too. Go back and view the information in the video. It's there.

I didn't see mention of the elevation of the observer in the video. Maybe you can enlighten me with what it is?

Plat Terra

« Reply #835 on: August 16, 2019, 06:53:34 PM »

See....

I watched it in detail. It proves your curve is a silly fairy tale. The mast fades away above the water line.

Have a nice evening!

« Reply #836 on: August 16, 2019, 06:54:47 PM »
What about on nonhazy days?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #837 on: August 16, 2019, 06:55:02 PM »

See....

I watched it in detail. It proves your curve is a silly fairy tale. The mast fades away above the water line.

Have a nice evening!

So are you saying the elevation of the observer is not disclosed?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #838 on: August 16, 2019, 07:01:26 PM »

I didn't see mention of the elevation of the observer in the video. Maybe you can enlighten me with what it is?

I don't care. Look again.

Actually, I would think you do care. Because elevation of the observer is crucial to your entire working premise regarding your posted video. Why to think it wouldn't be would be a idiocy.

When confronted with a simple question in real life do you always respond with, "I don't care"?

Plat Terra

« Reply #839 on: August 16, 2019, 07:02:45 PM »

I don't care. Look again.

Actually, I would think you do care. Because elevation of the observer is crucial to your entire working premise regarding your posted video. Why to think it wouldn't be would be a idiocy.

When confronted with a simple question in real life do you always respond with, "I don't care"?

Look again. It's there to see.