When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #690 on: August 13, 2019, 02:13:16 AM »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #691 on: August 13, 2019, 02:28:36 AM »
Here is a detailed analysis of a boat going  over an alleged curve.  But it never really does. It just fades away.
Yes, wonderful argument "Earth is flat, so boats can't go over the curve".

There are plenty of far better examples, plenty of which have already been provided.

And again you run away from the sun.
Why does the sun appear to set?

And yes, I too am more curious as to where the FE sun goes than where ships sink. Back on point.
Your atmospheric fog bank 'thesis' just flat out doesn't work. Like non-functioning. Bereft of life. Pushing up daisies, if you will.

- The sun rises and sets with the same angular size as noon day, in order for the magic atmospheric fog bank to magnify it precisely, it would have to do it precisely, every time, for every location, for every person on earth. Show how that is the case.
- No matter how far away your FE sun goes away from you, it would never observably get near the horizon
- No matter how far away your FE sun goes away from you, it would never go below the horizon, disappear for about 12 hours and reappear behind you. No amount of perspective or miraging can hide the sun, like clockwork, every day, for everyone on the planet.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #692 on: August 13, 2019, 02:35:47 AM »
Venus is not at same altitude as the Sun.

'Altitude'? Do you mean distance? Cool. So what are the distances between the Earth and the Sun and the Earth and Venus? It seems safe to assume that if you know they aren't the same distance, then you know what the distances are.

Is this a hard question?

When do surface mirages apply to boats thought to be going over an alleged curved?

When you least expect em.
Nullius in Verba

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #693 on: August 13, 2019, 03:16:07 AM »
Venus is not at same altitude as the Sun.

'Altitude'? Do you mean distance? Cool. So what are the distances between the Earth and the Sun and the Earth and Venus? It seems safe to assume that if you know they aren't the same distance, then you know what the distances are.

Is this a hard question?

When do surface mirages apply to boats thought to be going over an alleged curved?

When you least expect em.
There don't seem to be any "surface mirages" that I can find in the following video ::). Maybe I didn't look hard enough ;).

Does More Zoom Cause Ships to Come Up Over Horizon? Flat Earth

Maybe that more distant ship is sinking ;D? But on the Globe all ships that sail away seem to sink - it's funny but that's what they seem to do ;D.

« Reply #694 on: August 13, 2019, 04:19:35 AM »
Wow, the fog bank in front of Chicago is always terrible!

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

frenat

« Reply #695 on: August 13, 2019, 04:45:48 AM »
We have had enough of your myths. Don't bother showing us more.

BTW, your camera man does not Zoom in and out to give us a perspective point of view, like here.

Where's the water behind the buoy?

Mirage is present at that distance. You wouldn't be able to see it . It was over the curve at your normal optics. You can't win. Stop the myths!
No, it was below the resolution of the camera when not zoomed in. If it was the zoom bringing it back then the amount hidden would change as the zoom changes. It does not.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 04:53:05 AM by frenat »

?

frenat

« Reply #696 on: August 13, 2019, 04:47:15 AM »
nor do I have time to explain science to you.
That's good because you've shown multiple times you don't understand it. You're good for humor though!

?

frenat

« Reply #697 on: August 13, 2019, 04:52:36 AM »
Plat tera, have another look at the jeranism video. He claims a lower portion of the boat in the later part of the video is reflection on the water. Go down to your local lake and have a look at how reflections work on water. If the boat were reflected in that water, and it is not, the reflection would clearly show the entire of the white sail to it's tip, not just the beginning. And before you exclaim it was a rough sea, if there were any reflection then the entire reflection would show bits of white on the water.

There is no reflection on that water. The boat is just over the curve, and the seagull is diving low over the water, not into it, obscured by the curve.

The boat never went below the horizon but began to dissipate and it was blocked by a mirage like below. It's a myth like curvature and Santa Claus and NASA lies. Science proves you wrong. Boats and landmass are blocked by a mirage. Accept defeat and over time you will be glad you did because these is a new world to explore and figure out.

Have  a good day!

Nice example of refraction on the morning pic when the air is cooler. It even tells you the air is cooler on the pic. Also a difference in the tides as mentioned by Sunset.
As seen here
https://tides.willyweather.com/wa/kitsap-county/skunk-bay.html
when adjusted for that day, in the morning the tide was at about 5.3 feet and on the second pic in the evening it was at 7 feet.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #698 on: August 13, 2019, 04:54:58 AM »
Wow, the fog bank in front of Chicago is always terrible!

It looks as though magic fog bank ate half the sun and even more of Chicago from Michigan City:

Chicago from Michigan City, IN
(33 miles from skyline) - the fog bank ate 1/2 the sun too ::)!

But you do have to check for those dreaded "surface mirages" or do they only "apply to boats thought to be going over an alleged curved?"

And it looks as though these dreaded "surface mirages" can be so strong that boats can sail on them.

And how do you like a :o "flying boat"?  :o

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #699 on: August 13, 2019, 06:25:55 AM »
I made a meme about the issue and placed it here.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2194735#msg2194735

What name would you give it?
Photoshop.

They call it a Superior Mirage
They are wrong.  A superior mirage makes things look higher than they really are.  A ship sinking over the horizon would need to be an inferior mirage to make it look lower than it really is.  Inferior mirages generally exhibit heat shimmers and are usually inverted.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #700 on: August 13, 2019, 08:52:45 AM »
Mirages over our Plane Earth are not going to block the truth of our Earth all the time. The evidence is found everywhere. You just have to know where to look. Even a Zoom lens will bring back what was claimed went over the curve. Globe Earth is a mirage.

Rogers Centre from 6ft above Lake Ontario 30.84 miles away. Alleged curvature should be 516.85 feet of drop. Rogers Centre should not have even been visible!

12 Actual Landmarks That Can Only Be Seen on a Flat Earth
https://ourwayisthehighway.wordpress.com/2017/04/01/12-actual-landmarks-that-can-only-be-seen-on-a-flat-earth/

Enlightenment From Lighthouses

Flat Earth Proof - No Earth Curvature - boat back in view!

Chicago Skyline seen from Michigan Proves "Flat Earth"

Salton Sea 18 Mile Mirror Flash And Laser

1000 mile visibility across Lake Huron to Hudson Bay

121,000 ft Little Piggy Cam High Altitude Balloon Flight

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:24:52 AM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #701 on: August 13, 2019, 11:36:58 AM »
In 1966 the world allegedly receives its first image of Earth from space. Who here believes this image of Earth and Moon together is an actually image taken in space? And please explain why.

Here is a close up.

Take your time and have a good look and tell me it's ???
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:41:40 AM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #702 on: August 13, 2019, 12:02:26 PM »

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2194735#msg2194735

Photoshop.

They are wrong.  A superior mirage makes things look higher than they really are.  A ship sinking over the horizon would need to be an inferior mirage to make it look lower than it really is.  Inferior mirages generally exhibit heat shimmers and are usually inverted.
You wrote. A superior mirage makes things look higher than they really are.

That's exactly what happened. The water looks higher than it actually is thus blocking the shore, landmass and boat.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 12:05:35 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #703 on: August 13, 2019, 12:30:41 PM »

Photoshop.

You wrote. A superior mirage makes things look higher than they really are.

That's exactly what happened. The water looks higher than it actually is thus blocking the shore, landmass and boat.

Thank you!

« Reply #704 on: August 13, 2019, 01:49:48 PM »
aaah
so what you're saying is that light angles down when transitioning through a denser medium?
how interesting.
this i assume is measurable and repeatable in the general "scientific" sense?

JackBlack

« Reply #705 on: August 13, 2019, 02:26:19 PM »
Mirages over our Plane Earth are not going to block the truth of our Earth all the time.
That's right. But boats that should be hidden by the curve (when taking standard refraction into account), don't magically appear.
Cities hidden behind the curve, remain hidden.
So this shows it isn't a case of Earth being flat and an occasional mirage blocking the view.

Even a Zoom lens will bring back what was claimed went over the curve.
No it wont.
I have never seen a single example of this.
Instead what I see are flatties claiming that, and then showing a boat that is not over the curve appear and disappear based upon the resolution of the camera and the zoom.
No one has ever shown an example of a boat partially obscured by the horizon become less obscured as you zoom in.

Rogers Centre from 6ft above Lake Ontario 30.84 miles away. Alleged curvature should be 516.85 feet of drop. Rogers Centre should not have even been visible!
Good thing it isn't.

But notice one thing which is quite clear?
The shore isn't visible. Plenty of the buildings are hidden.
So thanks for once again showing that Earth is round and cannot possibly be flat.

I assume the rest of your videos are similar?

Now again, why does the sun appear to set?

Plat Terra

« Reply #706 on: August 13, 2019, 07:25:15 PM »
I don’t know if you have heard of FECore International but they sure have been a tool to prove Flat Earth. The following video discusses the upcoming world record 307 Km microwave shot attempt by FECore this week.  Also discussed is the Knickebein system used in WW2 that conclusively proved the flat earth. Awesome information about our Plane Earth.

Stay tuned!

BATTLE OF THE FLAT EARTH BEAMS

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 07:32:32 PM by Plat Terra »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #707 on: August 13, 2019, 08:05:52 PM »
I don’t know if you have heard of FECore International but they sure have been a tool to prove Flat Earth. The following video discusses the upcoming world record 307 Km microwave shot attempt by FECore this week.  Also discussed is the Knickebein system used in WW2 that conclusively proved the flat earth. Awesome information about our Plane Earth.
Are they having any luck putting together a workable FE model that works better than the RE model?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #708 on: August 13, 2019, 08:19:37 PM »

Stay tuned!

BATTLE OF THE FLAT EARTH BEAMS

I'll wait with bated breath but I wrote about a 360 km microwave link over 3 years ago so what's this 307 km one all about?

But the following 360 km had the terminals on mountains and was design for the Globe with the 4/3 K-factor that FE-Core include.
Microwave Transmission - Microwave Radio Relay - Planning Considerations
The effects of atmospheric stratification cause the radio path to bend downward in a typical situation so a major distance is possible as the earth equivalent curvature increases from 6370 km to about 8500 km (a 4/3 equivalent radius effect). Rare events of temperature, humidity and pressure profile versus height, may produce large deviations and distortion of the propagation and affect transmission quality. High intensity rain and snow must also be considered as an impairment factor, especially at frequencies above 10 GHz. All previous factors, collectively known as path loss, make it necessary to compute suitable power margins, in order to maintain the link operative for a high percentage of time, like the standard 99.99% or 99.999% used in 'carrier class' services of most telecommunication operators.

The longest microwave radio relay known up to date crosses the Red Sea with 360 km hop between Jebel Erba (2170m a.s.l., 20°44'46.17"N 36°50'24.65"E, Sudan) and Jebel Dakka (2572m a.s.l., 21° 5'36.89"N 40°17'29.80"E, Saudi Arabia).
These long distances can only be achieved with very high antenna positions (on mountain tops - just look where 20°44'46.17"N 36°50'24.65"E, Sudan and 21° 5'36.89"N 40°17'29.80"E, Saudi Arabia are - on quite high mountains. Guess what, the "hump" due to curvature is 2,545 m, but refraction allows a bit more reliable range.

Yes, limited by the curvature of the globe earth. So these designers of microwave links are in on the "big secret" and waste all this money making short links or putting towers up on 2,500 m mountains! The number in this conspiracy grows! Everywhere you look little bits or evidence crop up that just do not fit on a flat earth.
Just look at: Designing microwave radio links They remain the preferred backhaul choice for public safety radio networks

PS How do you like this view of Earth?

It's not NASA either ;D!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #709 on: August 13, 2019, 09:11:47 PM »

Stay tuned!

The guy in the video you linked says that the test will be from the coast of England to the coast of the Netherlands at a distance of 301 km. But on the FECORE site it says the test is from the coast of England to the coast of the Netherlands at a distance of 148 km.

Does the guy in the video have the tower heights right if he got the distance wildly wrong?

Also, it's not just the 'link' that's important, it's the throughput. So it will be interesting to see if they address that.

I've gone through all of FECORE's test results before. Simply not impressed, just a bunch of noise really. Check it out for yourself. With the membership fees and livecasting fees, etc., doesn't really seem very scientific at the end of the day. Just seems like a way for Jeran and Bob to perform a cashectomy on unsuspecting FEr's.

« Reply #710 on: August 13, 2019, 09:12:30 PM »
Seven flat earth videos in one post, plat tera! And one being a jeranism video! Boy, you've really brought out the heavy artillery!

1st vid - aside from high refractive index that day, the close photo at end of video shows how much of the bottom of the city is hidden from the greater distance view due to earth curvature. Thanks!  ;D

2nd vid - those lighthouse heights and visibility distances with the earth curve calculator, and being over water where refraction is more likely, factor in the refractive index, and what happens to light as it passes through fog, as to why the light from these lighthouses can be seen from such distances on a curved earth. Do the same with the cathedrals, and remember atmospheric conditions can bend light. Thanks!   ;D

3rd vid -  not enough info on distance from camera, but if the ship is not sinking, the Earths natural curvature would explain why the lower hull of the vessel is hidden behind the water line. Thanks!  ;D

4th vid - the weatherman does a great job explaining how the inversion of cold air over the lake and warmer layer of air above, bends light and the superior mirage works. I love how nobody explains why it is bullshit, and just presses a big red bullshit buzzer for no reason whatsoever! Thanks for the video!  ;D

5th vid - a "high" five video. When not trying to prove the earth is flat, these "enthusiasts" are enthusiastically smoking weed. But I digress. The fat boy slim impersonator holding the full length mirror is flashing sunlight up over the water where there is likely a high refractive index already, and the already bent light from the viewers helps us see the large mirror reflecting sunlight. Another great video about refraction from the high five team! Yay!  ;D

6th vid - is this what dementia patients do on long flights when they get bored? There is no reference of his height, longitude or lattitude, and same of the great lakes, thus the distance away of land he is recording. It's meaningless marvellings from an old guy who likes to film in infra red and jazz it up with a bit of music.  ;D

7th vid - 121 000 feet is only 36.8 kilometers. Certainly not high enough to see earth curvature, as the vid shows, but the video looks like it's taken a lot higher. Insufficient info about this vid - sorry.  ::)

Would you like to give us a hint as to why the Earth from moon photo 1966 is suspect?  :D

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:15:01 PM by Sunset »

Plat Terra

« Reply #711 on: August 13, 2019, 10:07:04 PM »

It's not NASA either ;D!

The direction of the sunlight is not inline with each other. It's fake too! Unless there is two suns.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:21:38 PM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #712 on: August 13, 2019, 10:13:02 PM »
Even a Zoom lens will bring back what was claimed went over the curve.
No it won't.

Can you answer my last two questions or not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #713 on: August 13, 2019, 10:18:32 PM »
Seven flat earth videos in one post, plat tera! And one being a jeranism video! Boy, you've really brought out the heavy artillery!

1st vid - aside from high refractive index that day, the close photo at end of video shows how much of the bottom of the city is hidden from the greater distance view due to earth curvature. Thanks!  ;D

Rogers Centre from 6ft above Lake Ontario 30.84 miles away. Alleged curvature should be 516.85 feet of drop. Rogers Centre should not have even been visible according to your 3959 miles radius Earth.

So, what is the new larger size Earth to match the video? And you have to recalculate everything including gravity and the entire heliocentric system.

YOUR HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM.  But you will ignore it and explain it away and say I am wrong. 

And that was just a reply to number 1.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #714 on: August 13, 2019, 10:22:22 PM »

Rogers Centre from 6ft above Lake Ontario 30.84 miles away. Alleged curvature should be 516.85 feet of drop. Rogers Centre should not have even been visible according to your 3959 miles radius Earth.

So, what is the new larger size Earth to match the video? And you have to recalculate everything including gravity and the entire heliocentric system.

YOUR HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM.  But you will ignore it and explain it away and say I am wrong. 

The Great Lakes mirages have been covered here in detail. All in all it’s quite rare to see across them. It’s even know to make the local news paper when you can.

On a flat earth it would be every day thing.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #715 on: August 13, 2019, 10:35:31 PM »
Actually, one will notice that Rogers Center, in that video, appears to have a flat roof, even though it is domed.  The observation deck of the CN tower is also only halfway up even though it is actually about 2/3 of the way up.  What is happening here, is the CN tower appears 'sunken' beyond the horizon due to curvature, and the Rogers Center appears with a flat top because it is below the horizon and refraction makes it appear 'flattened'.  There is also some mirage occurring.  Anyways, nice proof of the globe there.  You have a major problem.

Can you answer my previous two questions?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #716 on: August 13, 2019, 10:37:05 PM »

It's not NASA either ;D!

The Phase doesn't match. It's fake too!
Incorrect! The moon and earth are viewed from different angles. Learn a little about viewing 3-D scenes. Is this better?

And still nothing to do with NASA.

What about this ;)?

Cikljamas, the great Moon Hoax "expert" posted that (with his comments over it) as proof NASA lies ::).

Are you ready for the elephants yet? Think map and horizon rising to eye-level.

Plat Terra

« Reply #717 on: August 13, 2019, 10:41:14 PM »

It's not NASA either ;D!

The Phase doesn't match. It's fake too!
Incorrect! The moon and earth are viewed from different angles. Learn a little about viewing 3-D scenes. Is this better?

And still nothing to do with NASA.

What about this ;)?

Cikljamas, the great Moon Hoax "expert" posted that (with his comments over it) as proof NASA lies ::).

Are you ready for the elephants yet? Think map and horizon rising to eye-level.

The issue is the pic you first posted.  It's  fake! But we know you like to muddy the waters.

Plat Terra

« Reply #718 on: August 13, 2019, 10:45:05 PM »
Even this picture is Fake.

The shadow of the tire should be in front and not to the left. Try to use some common sense when posting fake pictures.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 10:49:07 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #719 on: August 13, 2019, 10:50:17 PM »

Hmmm, you use a mirage to account for every time a ship has ever gone over the horizon and for every sunset and sunrise everywhere on the planet for every observer, yet in the same breath you say there is no mirage in this one instance where the Rogers Center is flattened and distorted and the CN tower is shrunken and a third of it missing?

You seem to have a major problem with your own contradictions. Get your stories straight and stick to them. You're all over the place right now and just a hot mess of failed logic.