When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Macarios

Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #480 on: August 08, 2019, 05:15:33 PM »
Can you give a response that directly applies to the following?

You mean you can't walk outside and observe the Moons directional path? Does it go in the same direction as the Sun?

I mean I can go outside and see the Sun, Moon and celestial tropical belt stars go the same way. They all go from east to west.

Does this wording satisfy your demand? :)

That's better. You included the words "Moon, East and West" in a reply to a question I asked. Thank you.

Speaking of the surface of this Earth, what have you observed that proves to you Earth is a sphere?

Sunrise due east and sunset due west for each equinox.
Observed from:
Doha, Qatar - 25 degrees north
Winston-Salem, NC - 36 degrees north
Ohrid, Macedonia - 41 degrees north
Belgrade, Serbia - 45 degrees north
Frankfurt, Germany - 50 degrees north

Constant sun and moon angular diameter through the day.
Constant angular speed of celestial bodies through day.

Apparent horizon dip grows with altitude.
Horizon distance grows with altitude.

Measured distance to the Moon myself,
once in late 70s using 432 MHz radio waves,
once couple of years ago using sextant and lunar parallax.
Both times the result was somewhat over 380 000 kilometers.

Hills and buildings hidden more or less behind horizon when I change floor in tall building.
In hotel at sea shore horizon gets farther when I climb higher, and I see more or less
at the same moment of a day without waiting for refraction to change.

Shadow of horizon for sunset crawls up on building or hill behind me,
for sunrise on other building or hill crawls down.

Rayleigh scattering gives twilight at dawn and dusk.

There are many other things, too lazy to list them.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #481 on: August 08, 2019, 05:28:27 PM »
This post is in reply to most arguments above.  Arguments that have been addressed here at the FE forum many times but ignored.  Please don’t ignore the lights of the city at 52.72 miles away. And notice there is a horizon. 

On the one hand you argue that atmospheric effects can cause a setting sun and then in this video here you argue that atmospheric effects can't cause a higher than normal skyline. Which is it?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #482 on: August 08, 2019, 05:28:42 PM »
Discussing FE against non-believers, Rule n.1: Never show any evidence of FE, it could be proven wrong. Focus on attacking RE.

Clouds lit from underneath is a good point. But explained easily.

Yes please explain.

What's the location, and what do you think is a logical explanation other than Earths is curved?

Thats the shadow of mount Rainier, you have a few more pictures here:

https://www.amusingplanet.com/2013/10/the-shadow-of-mount-rainier.html?m=1

As for the question, I was hopping you could answer that.
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #483 on: August 08, 2019, 05:29:34 PM »
Discussing FE against non-believers, Rule n.1: Never show any evidence of FE, it could be proven wrong. Focus on attacking RE.

Yes please explain.

What's the location, and what do you think is a logical explanation other than Earths is curved?

Why don't you explain what the logical explanation other than Earths is curved?

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #484 on: August 08, 2019, 05:32:12 PM »

Yes please explain.

I just thought I would ask. Have you thought about it?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #485 on: August 08, 2019, 05:34:33 PM »

Yes please explain.

I just thought I would ask. Have you thought about it?

Plat Terra

« Reply #486 on: August 08, 2019, 05:37:06 PM »

Yes please explain.

I thought I would ask. Do you think there might be another explanation other than Earths is curved?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #487 on: August 08, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »

Yes please explain.

I thought I would ask. Do you think there might be another explanation other than Earths is curved?

You said it was explained easily. So easily explain it.

Here's another. How is it on a flat earth that a lower mountain casts a shadow up to the top of of the highest mountain on earth at sunset. Please explain:

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:43:48 PM by Stash »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #488 on: August 08, 2019, 05:48:08 PM »
This question is asked of all here who believe Earth is a Sphere of any type. This all has to do with a reply Rabinoz posted to me.

Speaking of the surface of this Earth, what have you observed that proves to you Earth is a sphere?
I have observed that the horizon is a sharp and close - only a few kilometres from near sea-level.
This sort of thing:

The above photo was taken from about 2 m above water level and just left of centre there is a navigation beacon that is 2.6 km away.

If the earth were flat why is there no water visible past that beacon? Here is that beacon from a lower height and with a long telephoto lens:

Scarborough from 50 cm above water, Beacon 2.6 km away on Horizon
I took that photo and I know for certain that the navigation beacon in  photos is only 2.6 km from the beach.
Yet from only a few tens of metres high the horizon is still sharp but much further.

And I've seen videos taken from places I know and have visited that conclusively demonstrate that the horizon ie well below "eye-level".

The second video below is a local one that I know:
Does anyone have a real argument for why its round?
Because the horizon does not rise to "eye-level" as is claimed in the "FAQ" and the "Wiki".

Flat Earth: Does the horizon really rise to eye level? Rory.
Rory shows a number of simple ways that this can be tested and at the end says, "research it properly and figure it out for yourself".

And the next is from an earlier post and I present it here because Flaxton Gardens are only about 111 km from where I live and I've been there  a number of times.
So here is more evidence that the horizon falls below "eye-level":

Flat Earth? Mountains rising to meet eye-level by Andrew Eddie

Andrew Eddie found that, from Flaxton Gardens (418 m above sea-level), Mount Coolum (208 m above sea-level) lines up with the horizon.
This makes it certain that the horizon is below the local horizontal at Flaxton Gardens.

There are numerous more videos in like vein, though many are far less polite to flat-earthers!
Then the obvious evidence is simple things like sunrises and sunsets as in my own photos:
Then finally a couple of stills of the sun setting over the ocean at Weipa in Queensland:

Sun near setting at Weipa

Sunset at Weipa
I've seen no flat earth give a reasonable explanation of even that without a lot of assumptions and pure guesses.

« Reply #489 on: August 08, 2019, 06:06:17 PM »
This post is in reply to most arguments above.  Arguments that have been addressed here at the FE forum many times but ignored.  Please don’t ignore the lights of the city at 52.72 miles away. And notice there is a horizon. 
Did you know there's a difference between the drop vs the hidden height?  The hidden height is not 1,802ft.

Plat Terra

« Reply #490 on: August 08, 2019, 06:08:24 PM »
A weather phenomenon is not evidence Earth has curvature. If this was caused by curvature it would happen all the time and everywhere. But this is not the case here. To deem this as actually prove of curvature is intellectual dishonesty.

Plat Terra

« Reply #491 on: August 08, 2019, 06:09:34 PM »
Did you know there's a difference between the drop vs the hidden height?  The hidden height is not 1,802ft.

Yes, my mistake.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #492 on: August 08, 2019, 06:11:30 PM »
The problem is the small minds and limited understanding humans have when trying to understand the nature of the universe around them

You see, we have not put the pieces together to find an answer - rather we have made up an answer and then tried to arrange the pieces that could fit to justify the answer.

If you are wrong from the start, you can still arrange the pieces to fall in a way that suits your answers. Afterall, we have written the rules.

We say the universe started with a big bang and had this hyper inflation etc etc. You see, that's wrong. But using the information available to us, we can fit the pieces together to form a narrative to say that's right! We wrote the rules so we can pretty much come up with any answer we like.

And what to you do when you get caught out? Say things like 'The laws break down at this level', 'Quantum', 'Dark Matter/Energy', 'Subspace' and so on.

They will never accept defeat because in their minds they will always be right. These people are the real enemy of progress - because in their selfish desire to get fame, money, etc they steer humanity down a black hole.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #493 on: August 08, 2019, 06:13:49 PM »
A weather phenomenon is not evidence Earth has curvature. If this was caused by curvature it would happen all the time and everywhere. But this is not the case here. To deem this as actually prove of curvature is intellectual dishonesty.

You're not "easily explaining" it. How does this happen at all on a Flat Earth? And how does the shadow cast upward onto Everest on a flat earth? Please easily explain it.

Plat Terra

« Reply #494 on: August 08, 2019, 06:19:19 PM »

You're not "easily explaining" it. How does this happen at all on a Flat Earth? And how does the shadow cast upward onto Everest on a flat earth? Please easily explain it.

Bending of light. Its a A weather phenomenon. That's why it doesn't happen all the time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:22:51 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2019, 06:22:16 PM »

The bending of light. That's why it doesn't happen all the time.
What bending of the light? How does a local sun say 3000 miles high cast light downward then arbitrarily bend it up to cast a shadow up underneath the clouds or up to the top of Everest?

Plat Terra

« Reply #496 on: August 08, 2019, 06:25:22 PM »

What bending of the light? How does a local sun say 3000 miles high cast light downward then arbitrarily bend it up to cast a shadow up underneath the clouds or up to the top of Everest?

It doesn't matter, it's a weather phenomenon.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #497 on: August 08, 2019, 06:27:58 PM »

It doesn't matter, it's a weather phenomenon.

You're answer is that it doesn't matter it's a weather phenomenon? What's the weather phenomenon then? Is the setting and rising of the sun a weather phenomenon?

« Reply #498 on: August 08, 2019, 06:28:12 PM »
If this was caused by curvature it would happen all the time and everywhere.
It can happen wherever and whenever the clouds are at an elevation just above the top of the mountain, there is a long expanse of lower land to the east or west, and clear skies farther away.  There are pictures of the same thing happening at Mt. Shasta, Glacier peak, Mt. Baker, Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Mcloughlin, and probably others elsewhere.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #499 on: August 08, 2019, 06:34:48 PM »
Setting sun

Ships and other objects over horizon

Chemistry

Physics

Surface of this Earth. Please.
  • The "Setting sun" is very much related to the shape of the "Surface of this Earth".

• "Ships and other objects over the horizon" is very much related to the shape of the "Surface of this Earth".

• "Physics", especially the physics of motion and gravitation is extremely relevant and the flat earth fails that many time over.

• Astronomy was not mentioned but the easily observed motions of the Sun, Moon, planets and stars are not consistent with a flat stationary earth.
Try again!  But do I have to say it again? You asked the question, "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?" so YOU are not the one with a right to set the agenda!

Plat Terra

« Reply #500 on: August 08, 2019, 06:35:08 PM »
It can happen wherever and whenever the clouds are at an elevation just above the top of the mountain, there is a long expanse of lower land to the east or west, and clear skies farther away.  There are pictures of the same thing happening at Mt. Shasta, Glacier peak, Mt. Baker, Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Mcloughlin, and probably others elsewhere.

Not all the time everywhere.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #501 on: August 08, 2019, 06:40:36 PM »

What's the weather phenomenon and is a setting/rising sun one as well? I don't see a weather phenomenon present on the Everest shadow.

Plat Terra

« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2019, 06:52:51 PM »

What's the weather phenomenon and is a setting/rising sun one as well? I don't see a weather phenomenon present on the Everest shadow.
Our small Sun reaches a point where it can't continue to cast light on the MT and there is no proof the Suns light doesn't bend through atmosphere from that far away at sun set.

Are you still going to use MT Rainier as actually proof Earth curves?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:00:02 PM by Plat Terra »

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #503 on: August 08, 2019, 06:55:15 PM »

The sun sets EVERY DAY, EVERYWHERE! (between the Arctic/Antarctic circles). The sun rises every day, from essentially the opposite direction. Both events happen at highly predictable times that vary by ~24 hours depending on your position on the earth.

Does your "weather phenomenon" or "bendy light" explain this?

No more questions from you, they have all been answered. It's time for YOU to answer some!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #504 on: August 08, 2019, 07:00:40 PM »

Our small Sun reaches a point where it can't continue to cast light on the MT and there is no proof the Suns light doesn't bend through atmosphere at sun set.

Are you still going to use MT Rainier as actually proof Earth curves?

Where does your sun go? I know where mine is, do you know where yours is?

Plat Terra

« Reply #505 on: August 08, 2019, 07:02:37 PM »

The sun sets EVERY DAY, EVERYWHERE! (between the Arctic/Antarctic circles). The sun rises every day, from essentially the opposite direction. Both events happen at highly predictable times that vary by ~24 hours depending on your position on the earth.

No more questions from you, they have all been answered. It's time for YOU to answer some!

I really don't have time to teach you about the Suns mechanics over our Flat Earth. You might want to ask a few others if they have the time. Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 07:13:04 PM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #506 on: August 08, 2019, 07:03:45 PM »

I know, hence the parameters I mentioned.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #507 on: August 08, 2019, 07:06:30 PM »

I really don't have time to teach you about the orbiting mechanics of our Flat Earth. You might want to ask a few others if they have the time. Good luck.

Nice deflection. So you don't know where your sun is. I can tell you exactly where mine is at any point in a day or night without having to school you on its orbital mechanics. When confronted with a question you can't answer you cower. Not a good look for you trying to make a case for just about anything.

Now, can you tell me where your sun is?

« Reply #508 on: August 08, 2019, 07:08:26 PM »
Our small Sun reaches a point where it can't continue to cast light on the MT
And yet it remains the same size all day.  How high do you think the sun is, and how far away would it need to be to be 1 degree above the horizon?  How far away would it need to be to appear to touch the horizon?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #509 on: August 08, 2019, 07:09:45 PM »

I really don't have time to teach you about the orbiting mechanics of our Flat Earth. You might want to ask a few others if they have the time. Good luck.

It's ok to say you can't explain it. I have been here long enough to see this question dodged dozens of times by FE, and on this earth plenty long to know you have ZERO chance of explaining these facts.

Please, take all the time you need. Hell, I'll even accept your explanation in meme form, if that makes you more comfortable.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.