When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #450 on: August 08, 2019, 11:01:30 AM »
This question is asked of all here who believe Earth is a Sphere of any type. This all has to do with a reply Rabinoz posted to me.

Speaking of the surface of this Earth, what have you observed that proves to you Earth is a sphere?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #451 on: August 08, 2019, 11:15:04 AM »
Setting sun

Ships and other objects over horizon

Chemistry

Physics

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #452 on: August 08, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »
I see the curvature of the Earth get in the way of my view of the sun nearly every evening....

I've seen Hilton Head island disappear over the horizon on calm clear days en rout to Betsy Ross Reef for fishing trips, then watch it rise up again on my way back.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Plat Terra

« Reply #453 on: August 08, 2019, 11:17:22 AM »
Setting sun

Chemistry

Physics

Surface of this Earth. Please.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #454 on: August 08, 2019, 11:19:26 AM »
What about the surface of the earth?

Why doesn’t the atmosphere fall off the edge of the earth?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

?

frenat

« Reply #455 on: August 08, 2019, 11:50:26 AM »
Ships and land over the horizon that can NOT be brought back with telescopes or binoculars but CAN with a simple increase in elevation.

Radio and RADAR from ground and airborne platforms that has a range predicted simply by the height of the emitter and can't be increased with an increase in power.

Stars rotating around BOTH the Northern and Southern celestial poles.

Rising and setting Sun

Clouds lit from underneath during Sunrise and Sunset

A horizon that does NOT rise to eye level.

Plat Terra

« Reply #456 on: August 08, 2019, 12:13:28 PM »
Ships and land over the horizon that can NOT be brought back with telescopes or binoculars but CAN with a simple increase in elevation.

Radio and RADAR from ground and airborne platforms that has a range predicted simply by the height of the emitter and can't be increased with an increase in power.

Rising and setting Sun

Clouds lit from underneath is a good point. But explained easily.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 12:16:08 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #457 on: August 08, 2019, 12:17:28 PM »

Rising and setting Sun

Distance between points on earth and how you obtained it, start with Miami to Boston. Please.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #458 on: August 08, 2019, 12:19:59 PM »
Careful guys...

I think he's setting us up for another meme assault!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Plat Terra

« Reply #459 on: August 08, 2019, 12:28:48 PM »

Rising and setting Sun

Distance between points on earth and how you obtained it, start with Miami to Boston. Please.

I am sure people driving there cars from Miami to Boston have verified the claimed mileage many times. But have you verified the claimed surface curvature of Florida? No one has.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #460 on: August 08, 2019, 12:30:21 PM »
Says clouds lit from below is easily explained.

Doesn’t explain it.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Plat Terra

« Reply #461 on: August 08, 2019, 12:31:39 PM »

Doesn’t explain it.

Give me an example.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #462 on: August 08, 2019, 12:34:02 PM »

Doesn’t explain it.

Give me an example.
You need an example for something you said was easily explainable?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Plat Terra

« Reply #463 on: August 08, 2019, 12:35:26 PM »

Doesn’t explain it.

Give me an example.
You need an example for something you said was easily explainable?
Yes, and to make my point.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #464 on: August 08, 2019, 12:38:04 PM »
That’s not a thing.

Clearly you lied and can’t explain it.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #465 on: August 08, 2019, 12:39:22 PM »
Setting sun

Chemistry

Physics

Rockets launched into space from the surface of this earth.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Plat Terra

« Reply #466 on: August 08, 2019, 12:47:06 PM »
Setting sun

Chemistry

Physics

Rockets launched into space from the surface of this earth.

Not good enough. Surface of this Earth.

BTW, rockets are launched from the surface of this Plane Earth all the time, but that does not mean it's a sphere.

« Reply #467 on: August 08, 2019, 12:52:18 PM »
This question is asked of all here who believe Earth is a Sphere of any type. This all has to do with a reply Rabinoz posted to me.

Speaking of the surface of this Earth, what have you observed that proves to you Earth is a sphere?
The horizon and things disappearing from the bottom up beyond it.
The horizon below eye level as one increases elevation.
Known elevations of distant hills appearing below closer hills/objects of the same elevation when viewed along a straight line of sight from that same elevation.
Level stretches of bridges or powerlines curving over a distance.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:06:51 PM by 29silhouette »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #468 on: August 08, 2019, 12:59:21 PM »
Still wondering how the atmosphere doesn’t fall off the plane.

Still wondering how a clouds are lit from the bottom.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #469 on: August 08, 2019, 01:00:02 PM »

Rising and setting Sun

I am sure people driving there cars from Miami to Boston have verified the claimed mileage many times. But have you verified the claimed surface curvature of Florida? No one has.

I'm asking you what the distance is, as the crow flies.

I haven't personally verified the curvature of various parts of Florida, but these people have:

From the Florida Administrative Code & Administrative Register:

https://www.flrules.org

CHAPTER 5J-17

BOARD OF PROFESSIONAL SURVEYORS AND MAPPERS

5J-17.050 Minimum Technical Standards: Definitions.

As used in this chapter, the following terms have the following meanings:

(3) Geodetic: a survey or mapping process that takes into account the curvature of the earth and astronomic observations, and which results in positions expressed on a recognized datum.
(4) Map of Survey (or Survey Map): a graphical or digital depiction of the facts of size, shape, identity, geodetic location, or legal location determined by a survey. The term “Map of Survey” (Survey Map) includes the terms: Sketch of Survey, Plat of Survey, or other similar titles. “Map of Survey” or “Survey Map” may also be referred to as “a map” or “the map.”
(10) Survey: the orderly process of determining facts of size, shape, identity, geodetic location, or legal location by viewing and applying direct measurement of features on or near the earth’s surface using field or image methods; defined as follows according to the type of data obtained, the methods used, and the purpose(s) to be served

5J-17.052 Minimum Technical Standards: Specific Survey, Map, and Report Requirements.

(4) Control Survey:

(a) Geodetic Control Surveys: When applicable, all geodetic control surveys, both vertical and horizontal, shall conform to the Standards and Specifications for Geodetic Control Networks (1984) as set forth by the Federal Geodetic Control Committee (FGCC), which Standards and Specifications are incorporated herein by reference, effective 5-13-96, and the Geospatial Positioning Accuracy Standards Parts 1, 2, and 3, FGDC-STD-007.1-1998, entitled “Geospatial Positioning Accuracy Standards Part 2: Standards for Geodetic Networks”, and FGDC-STD-007.3-1998, entitled “Geospatial Positioning Accuracy Standards Part 3: National Standard for Spatial Data Accuracy”, which are hereby incorporated by reference, effective 5-18-00, copies of which may be obtained via the internet web site (http://fgdc.gov/standards_publications/). No use of the terminology of these standards may be made without completely adopting and following all the standards in their entirety. When these standards are not employed, then a survey, map, or report shall explain applicable standards used in the geodetic control survey. All geodetic control survey maps or reports shall show the horizontal and vertical datum used and shall contain adequate graphical or written descriptions of the locations, construction and marking of all marks used or set and shall explain methods employed in the survey and adjustment.

Plat Terra

« Reply #470 on: August 08, 2019, 01:10:25 PM »

Known elevations of distant hills appearing below closer hills/objects of the same elevation when viewed along a straight line of sight from that same elevation.

Good points.

Surface mirages can obscure the bottom part of a boat on a humid day.

Atmospheric condition can give the appearance of a lower horizon, while blocking the horizon.

Perspective. Even a taller mountain off in a distance is going to appear smaller than closer ones, even on a Plane Earth. 

But none of this proves Earth's surface is curved.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 01:19:16 PM by Plat Terra »

Plat Terra

« Reply #471 on: August 08, 2019, 01:16:07 PM »

Rising and setting Sun

I haven't personally verified the curvature of various parts of Florida, but these people have:

CHAPTER 5J-17

(3) Geodetic: a survey or mapping process that takes into account the curvature of the earth and astronomic observations, and which results in positions expressed on a recognized datum.
(4) Map of Survey (or Survey Map): a graphical or digital depiction of the facts of size, shape, identity, geodetic location, or legal location determined by a survey. The term “Map of Survey” (Survey Map) includes the terms: Sketch of Survey, Plat of Survey, or other similar titles. “Map of Survey” or “Survey Map” may also be referred to as “a map” or “the map.”
(10) Survey: the orderly process of determining facts of size, shape, identity, geodetic location, or legal location by viewing and applying direct measurement of features on or near the earth’s surface using field or image methods; defined as follows according to the type of data obtained, the methods used, and the purpose(s) to be served

5J-17.052 Minimum Technical Standards: Specific Survey, Map, and Report Requirements.

(4) Control Survey:

(a) Geodetic Control Surveys: When applicable, all geodetic control surveys, both vertical and horizontal, shall conform to the Standards and Specifications for Geodetic Control Networks (1984) as set forth by the Federal Geodetic Control Committee (FGCC), which Standards and Specifications are incorporated herein by reference, effective 5-13-96, and the Geospatial Positioning Accuracy Standards Parts 1, 2, and 3, FGDC-STD-007.1-1998, entitled “Geospatial Positioning Accuracy Standards Part 2: Standards for Geodetic Networks”, and FGDC-STD-007.3-1998, entitled “Geospatial Positioning Accuracy Standards Part 3: National Standard for Spatial Data Accuracy”, which are hereby incorporated by reference, effective 5-18-00, copies of which may be obtained via the internet web site (http://fgdc.gov/standards_publications/). No use of the terminology of these standards may be made without completely adopting and following all the standards in their entirety. When these standards are not employed, then a survey, map, or report shall explain applicable standards used in the geodetic control survey. All geodetic control survey maps or reports shall show the horizontal and vertical datum used and shall contain adequate graphical or written descriptions of the locations, construction and marking of all marks used or set and shall explain methods employed in the survey and adjustment.

I didn't say "various parts of Florida"  I said Florida as in it's entire length and width. What is the verified surface curvature of Florida? And does it conform to a 3959 mile radius?

I am sure pilots have also verified the claims of mileage.   

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #472 on: August 08, 2019, 01:19:04 PM »

Rising and setting Sun

CHAPTER 5J-17

(4) Control Survey:

I didn't say "various parts of Florida"  I said Florida as in it's entire length and width. What is the verified surface curvature of Florida? And does it conform to a 3959 mile radius?

Ask the Florida BOARD OF PROFESSIONAL SURVEYORS AND MAPPERS as referenced above. You asked if anyone has measured earth's curvature with respect to Florida. They have and do. Give them a call.

I am sure pilots have also verified the claims of mileage.

No I asked you. How would you look up the distance?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #473 on: August 08, 2019, 01:23:28 PM »

Good points.

Atmospheric condition can give the appearance of a lower horizon, while blocking the horizon.

Perspective. Even a taller mountain off in a distance is going to appear smaller than closer ones, even on a Plane Earth. 

But none of this proves Earth's surface is curved.

If it’s atmospheric conditions why does the Toronto skyline sign show it as permanent?

Is there miraging 24/7/365?

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #474 on: August 08, 2019, 01:50:32 PM »

While I have seen a timelapse taken from close to the surface of the horizon moving up or down slightly due to shifting temperature layers, it is not blocked.
In conditions with no, or very little, mirage or refraction, the entire object is apparently lowered toward the horizon with the bottom obscured.  One can then raise their viewing elevation and see the obscured parts.  The parts of the object however that are well above the horizon are not distorted like lower areas that are affected by the mirage or refraction.  This fits the globe, not the flat Earth.

I'm not talking about them appearing smaller, I'm talking about points at a specific elevation appearing below a straight line of sight along that same elevation. 

Along a straight line of sight, things below that line of sight appear to rise to it as distance is increased, and things above it appear to lower to it as distance is increased.  Do you agree with that statement?

JackBlack

« Reply #475 on: August 08, 2019, 02:17:14 PM »
I stand by the facts observed on this Earth.
So that Earth is round and gravity is real?

You mean you can't walk outside and observe the Moons directional path?
Relative to what?
If you sit on a merry go round, does Earth spin around you while you remain stationary?
When you are in a car driving along a highway, is the car still while Earth flies backwards?

From many experiments we know that Earth rotates roughly once every 23 hours and 56 minutes.
This matches the apparent motion of the stars.
We know that we also orbit the sun, giving the sun the last of its 24 hour period.
We know that the moon orbits Earth.

All of this is 100% consistent with observations.

orbit on a plane and all orbit above a Plane Earth? It's possible, right?
Will there would be nothing for it to orbit around, so there goes the orbit part.
In order to have it match the sub solar point, it also couldn't be an orbit because it would have to change radius as a back and forth spiral, with the speed of its motion being greater at greater radii (so nothing like an elliptical orbit).

But then there is also the simple fact that all celestial objects are not visible from everywhere on Earth.
For example, excluding regions inside the Arctic and Antarctic circle at summer or winter, the sun is observed to go below the horizon.
For a FE, that requires it to go below Earth. But then it is still visible above another location.
Polaris is only visible in the northern hemisphere.
That requires it to be below Earth for the southern hemisphere and above it for the northern hemisphere.

This simply does not work. So no, it isn't possible.
These are the kind of observations you need to deal with to support a FE. These are the observations you need to deal with if you want to have any kind of chance of defeating RET.

The only way for it to work is for Earth to be round.
That gives each location a unique "above" and "below" direction, so the a celestial object can be "below" the ground for one location while being above another.

The horizon, and the behaviour of objects near the horizon.
But why limit it to just the surface.
The behaviour of celestial objects also proves Earth is round.

Then there are things like laser ring gyroscopes and Foucault's pendulum and large scale weather systems that not only show Earth is round, but also that it is rotating.

Only by the sun literally being below them.
i.e. the ancient FE, incompatible with so many observations, or a RE.

What have you observed that proves Earth is flat?
So far all I have seen you do is appeal to ignorance and claim lies about how a RE should/does work.

There is so much that points to a RE, but literally nothing that points to a FE.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #476 on: August 08, 2019, 02:27:34 PM »
This group of people verifying the earth's curvature on a land mass has been posted earlier in this thread:

source: http://www.nmsr.org/flatter2.htm

Maybe Plat can explain what weather condition or magic perspective causes a  10,000 feet mountain to appear below eye level  when seen from a 7,000 feet mountain
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 02:31:50 PM by kopfverderber »
You must gather your party before venturing forth

« Reply #477 on: August 08, 2019, 02:40:45 PM »
Plat, you are a liar and a poe.

You have asked for evidence and veen provided with it only to dismiss them with no basis.

So let me ask you poe.

Where is YOUR evidence for a flat earth? Not a debunk of the globe. Evidence FOR a flat earth?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #478 on: August 08, 2019, 03:53:12 PM »
Discussing FE against non-believers, Rule n.1: Never show any evidence of FE, it could be proven wrong. Focus on attacking RE.

Yes please explain.

You must gather your party before venturing forth

Plat Terra

« Reply #479 on: August 08, 2019, 05:05:35 PM »
Discussing FE against non-believers, Rule n.1: Never show any evidence of FE, it could be proven wrong. Focus on attacking RE.

Yes please explain.

What's the location, and what do you think is a logical explanation if Earth isn't curved?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 05:29:27 PM by Plat Terra »