When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

JackBlack

Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #390 on: August 05, 2019, 03:12:09 PM »
We can only see in a circle. Optics can only see in the radius of a circle.
Prove it.
There is no evidence of any limit to human vision.
If there was such a limit, you would not be able to see further by going higher.
So if we could only see to a distance of 5 km, we should only see 5 km. Going higher shouldn't then allow the horizon to be much further away.

Also importantly, we live in 3D, not 2D, so we should be seeing the radius of a sphere.
That means objects well above our head, like the sun, shouldn't be visible at all.

So this idea is clearly pure nonsense.

The farthest we can see is straight ahead, anything left to right is pulled back.
No, even with your idea, anything to the left or right will have the same distance.
If we can see in a circle, we can see the same distance all around.

If you apply curvature math of a alleged 3959 mile radius to this horizon or any other, the Globe Earth theory fails and the hoax is exposed.
You mean it can actually explain what is observed rather than relying upon nonsense like our vision magically being limited to a circle?
That isn't exposing a hoax, that is supporting a theory with evidence.

I am working on a post that shows the Suez Canal can’t exist on a Globe Earth, but for now I would like to point out the following.
You mean rather than admit your dishonesty or accept that you were wrong, you will just jump topic again and spout more nonsense.

We are under no obligation to verify the curvature for you, especially not in any particular location. Like I have said, it has been verified plenty of times.
If you want to defeat a RE you can't just say you don't accept the evidence that is already there, or even just appeal to a lack of a particular piece of evidence. You need to show an actual problem.

Where are your measurements of the Panama Canal or the Suez Canal or something to show there is no curve?
So far all you have provided is ignorance and lies. None of that defeats the RE.
If you want to show that the Suez Canal isn't curved, then provide the measurements showing that it is flat, including all the details of how they were obtained.

Topographic maps report height relative to sea level, not some arbitrary flat plane which makes no sense to use as there is literally no justification for any particular plane.
Ignoring definitions of level which don't suit your agenda doesn't help you either.

I guess that means you reject spirit levels and other forms of levels as well, because they don't fit the definition you have cherry picked?

As for you latest strawman, that curvature you are appealing to is effectively nothing.
Again, stop using different units.
You are appealing to a 216 archaic unit drop over a distance of 190080 archaic units.
That is a fractional drop of 0.001.
That is basically nothing.

This is a too scale diagram of just what that should look like:

Not very different from a straight line is it?

But more importantly, THAT ISN'T WHAT YOU SHOULD SEE!
That is a great circle of Earth, the curve going all the way around.
You will see part of that when looking straight ahead, but it then doesn't follow the horizon.
Unless you are infinitely far away from Earth, that great circle will be hidden by the horizon.
Instead what you should see is the horizon being at the same angle of dip all around.
So you shouldn't even see that curve.

So again, it isn't surprising that the RE community wont accept defeat when you haven't even begun to defeat them.
So far all you have done is posted a collection of lies and repeated the same claims of ignorance.
People not verifying the curvature doesn't mean the curvature isn't real, and again, plenty of people have verified the curvature.
Making factually incorrect claims about pictures and videos doesn't refute the RE.

Do you have any actual problem with the RE, as I am yet to see you present one.

And like I said, if you really want to defeat REers you should provide an alternative model that works better.
Plenty of observations are consistent with a RE and inconsistent with everything else except nature conspiring to make Earth look round.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #391 on: August 05, 2019, 03:49:44 PM »
We can only see in a circle. Optics can only see in the radius of a circle.
Prove it.
There is no evidence of any limit to human vision.
If there was such a limit, you would not be able to see further by going higher.
So if we could only see to a distance of 5 km, we should only see 5 km. Going higher shouldn't then allow the horizon to be much further away.

Also importantly, we live in 3D, not 2D, so we should be seeing the radius of a sphere.
That means objects well above our head, like the sun, shouldn't be visible at all.

So this idea is clearly pure nonsense.

The farthest we can see is straight ahead, anything left to right is pulled back.
No, even with your idea, anything to the left or right will have the same distance.
If we can see in a circle, we can see the same distance all around.

If you apply curvature math of a alleged 3959 mile radius to this horizon or any other, the Globe Earth theory fails and the hoax is exposed.
You mean it can actually explain what is observed rather than relying upon nonsense like our vision magically being limited to a circle?
That isn't exposing a hoax, that is supporting a theory with evidence.

I am working on a post that shows the Suez Canal can’t exist on a Globe Earth, but for now I would like to point out the following.
You mean rather than admit your dishonesty or accept that you were wrong, you will just jump topic again and spout more nonsense.

We are under no obligation to verify the curvature for you, especially not in any particular location. Like I have said, it has been verified plenty of times.
If you want to defeat a RE you can't just say you don't accept the evidence that is already there, or even just appeal to a lack of a particular piece of evidence. You need to show an actual problem.

Where are your measurements of the Panama Canal or the Suez Canal or something to show there is no curve?
So far all you have provided is ignorance and lies. None of that defeats the RE.
If you want to show that the Suez Canal isn't curved, then provide the measurements showing that it is flat, including all the details of how they were obtained.

Topographic maps report height relative to sea level, not some arbitrary flat plane which makes no sense to use as there is literally no justification for any particular plane.
Ignoring definitions of level which don't suit your agenda doesn't help you either.

I guess that means you reject spirit levels and other forms of levels as well, because they don't fit the definition you have cherry picked?

As for you latest strawman, that curvature you are appealing to is effectively nothing.
Again, stop using different units.
You are appealing to a 216 archaic unit drop over a distance of 190080 archaic units.
That is a fractional drop of 0.001.
That is basically nothing.

This is a too scale diagram of just what that should look like:

Not very different from a straight line is it?

But more importantly, THAT ISN'T WHAT YOU SHOULD SEE!
That is a great circle of Earth, the curve going all the way around.
You will see part of that when looking straight ahead, but it then doesn't follow the horizon.
Unless you are infinitely far away from Earth, that great circle will be hidden by the horizon.
Instead what you should see is the horizon being at the same angle of dip all around.
So you shouldn't even see that curve.

So again, it isn't surprising that the RE community wont accept defeat when you haven't even begun to defeat them.
So far all you have done is posted a collection of lies and repeated the same claims of ignorance.
People not verifying the curvature doesn't mean the curvature isn't real, and again, plenty of people have verified the curvature.
Making factually incorrect claims about pictures and videos doesn't refute the RE.

Do you have any actual problem with the RE, as I am yet to see you present one.

And like I said, if you really want to defeat REers you should provide an alternative model that works better.
Plenty of observations are consistent with a RE and inconsistent with everything else except nature conspiring to make Earth look round.

Did you know if your were transported to a spherical world that has the gravity actually expressed in your gravity theory, you wouldn't be able to walk? That's right, you would be down on all four's having to learn how to walk all over again. Funny but true!  That's for another week.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

« Reply #392 on: August 05, 2019, 04:01:45 PM »
This is a bit off topic, but I'm glad you are here and fighting the good fight Plat Terra.
Yes Plat, you are well on your way to obtain "Flat Earth Researcher" rank.
You can't fix FE.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #393 on: August 05, 2019, 04:03:39 PM »
Did you know if your were transported to a spherical world that has the gravity actually expressed in your gravity theory, you wouldn't be able to walk? That's right, you would be down on all four's having to learn how to walk all over again. Funny but true!  That's for another week.

Still can't answer the question as to how you derive a distance between two points I see. Interesting. Well, if you can't verify how you can derive a distance then there's no point in trying to determine flatness, roundness or anything between.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #394 on: August 05, 2019, 04:44:00 PM »
This is a bit off topic, but I'm glad you are here and fighting the good fight Plat Terra.
Yes Plat, you are well on your way to obtain "Flat Earth Researcher" rank.

You can set that line in your profile, boss.

« Reply #395 on: August 05, 2019, 05:46:11 PM »
Plat Terra said, "Did you know if your were transported to a spherical world that has the gravity actually expressed in your gravity theory, you wouldn't be able to walk? That's right, you would be down on all four's having to learn how to walk all over again. Funny but true!  That's for another week."

I think you're already down on all fours, dragging your knuckles, and it has nothing to do with either our spherical planet or of gravity.  :-* But here you go again, ready to launch off for yet another flat earth fail, this time about gravity...... If you had a dollar for everytime you've lost a debate on this forum, you'd be well on your way to becoming a millionnaire.  :o

?

frenat

« Reply #396 on: August 05, 2019, 07:01:40 PM »
So you now prove you also don't understand gravity. How sad.

Plat Terra

« Reply #397 on: August 05, 2019, 07:17:03 PM »

If the Globe Community really understood how their theory of gravity relates to this world they would alter it!

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

?

frenat

« Reply #398 on: August 05, 2019, 07:28:52 PM »

If the Globe Community really understood how their theory of gravity relates to this world they would alter it!

And you further prove you don't understand the subject. There is nothing wrong with gravity, just your misunderstanding of it and everything else. I'm even more convinced you're a troll. Thanks for the humor!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #399 on: August 05, 2019, 07:52:28 PM »
Did you know if your were transported to a spherical world that has the gravity actually expressed in your gravity theory, you wouldn't be able to walk?
No,  I  didn't. Please tell me more, I'm all ears.

Quote from: Plat Terra
That's right, you would be down on all four's having to learn how to walk all over again. Funny but true!  That's for another week.
Your claim might be funny but it's certainly not true!

Here is the expression for Newtonian Gravitation: .
So if:
The Universal Gravitational Constant, G = 6.67408 × 10-11 m3 kg-1 s-2,
The mass of the earth is, m1 = 5.972 × 1024 kg,
A typical person's mass, m2 = 80 kg,
The distance from the centre of the earth, r = 6.371 × 106m.

You should be able to work out that person's weight.
So now you prove that "you would be down on all four's having to learn how to walk all over again.".

Macarios

« Reply #400 on: August 05, 2019, 08:13:06 PM »
The 216 feet is 0.041 miles.
To see that as one pixel of a bulge, your image has to be 878 pixels wide.

It looks easy, but how big part of the middle of the line will be for that one pixel higher than the rest?
And will it really be seen as a bulge at all? :)

The distance of the 36 miles is too small part of the Earth's circumference to be seen as curved in blueprints.
(One pixel per 878.)
And construction teams already know how to measure from Mean Sea level.
Any other reference is useless.

You let us know when you have actually verified your (Claim) alleged surface curvature over the Canal. I'm not going to buy a gold mine based solely on claims.

It is verified by geodesic teams, and by the people who built it.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #401 on: August 05, 2019, 08:49:53 PM »

No! If the you really understood how gravity, fluids and forces behave you wouldn't make such ridiculous claims.

• The downward force you have labelled with the red arrow could be placed along any line pointed at the centre of the earth.
    So it would take no significant sideways force to start it rolling in either direction.

• Likewise with the water at either end no, significant force to start it flowing in either direction.
    In this case, however, there is a force provided by the increasing pressure width depth so water naturally flows to fill the whole canal.

Hence your ships at either end keep sailing along what appears to them as flat water - with not the slightest problem!
So no, the "Globe Community" has no need to "either admit defeat" or "to alter their theory of gravity".
Not that any physicist would claim that they know everything about "their theory of gravity".
Try harder!

Plat Terra

« Reply #402 on: August 05, 2019, 09:03:51 PM »

No! If the you really understood how gravity, fluids and forces behave you wouldn't make such ridiculous claims.

• The downward force you have labelled with the red arrow could be placed along any line pointed at the centre of the earth.
    So it would take no significant sideways force to start it rolling in either direction.

• Likewise with the water at either end no, significant force to start it flowing in either direction.
    In this case, however, there is a force provided by the increasing pressure width depth so water naturally flows to fill the whole canal.

Hence your ships at either end keep sailing along what appears to them as flat water - with not the slightest problem!
So no, the "Globe Community" has no need to "either admit defeat" or "to alter their theory of gravity".
Not that any physicist would claim that they know everything about "their theory of gravity".
Try harder!

You mean like this?

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2188493#msg2188493

Or this?

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2192223#msg2192223

Or similar to this?

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2192920#msg2192920
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 09:16:38 PM by Plat Terra »

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #403 on: August 05, 2019, 09:05:52 PM »
We get it.  You don't understand how gravity works.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #404 on: August 05, 2019, 10:00:47 PM »

Try harder!
You mean like this?
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2188493#msg2188493
Or this?
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2192223#msg2192223
Or similar to this?
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=60834.msg2192920#msg2192920
In other words, you admit that you have no rational answer so all that you can do if refer to your own meaningless, ridiculous memes.

Are you honestly incapable of understanding that "down" on the Globe is not always in the direction of down from the North Pole.
"Down" is the direction a plumb-bob will point when hanging freely and on the Globe that is almost exactly towards the centre of the earth from all places on earth.

So that ball picture of your is total rubbish because the surface of the Globe does not immediately slope down from the North Pole or anywhere else.

I've never met anyone so incapable of understand such a simple concept.

The bottom line is that if you want to argue against the Globe you must use the "Globe" explanation of the way things work.
If you disagree with those "Globe" explanations of the way things work then the onus is one you to prove your case against them and I've never once seen you do that.

Plat Terra

« Reply #405 on: August 05, 2019, 10:05:20 PM »

Try harder!
You mean like this?
Or this?
Or similar to this?
In other words, you admit that you have no rational answer so all that you can do if refer to your own meaningless, ridiculous memes.

Are you honestly incapable of understanding that "down" on the Globe is not always in the direction of down from the North Pole.
"Down" is the direction a plumb-bob will point when hanging freely and on the Globe that is almost exactly towards the centre of the earth from all places on earth.

So that ball picture of your is total rubbish because the surface of the Globe does not immediately slope down from the North Pole or anywhere else.

The bottom line is that if you want to argue against the Globe you must use the "Globe" explanation of the way things work.
If you disagree with those "Globe" explanations of the way things work then the onus is one you to prove your case against them and I've never once seen you do that.

You have been nailed where it matters!

When you go to bed tonight, you will remember these words. "Earth is a Plane".

Sweet dreams.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:09:36 PM by Plat Terra »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #406 on: August 05, 2019, 10:20:52 PM »
Learn what potential energy and kinetic energy terms mean.

Water will find the lowest potential energy state. This is level.

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #407 on: August 05, 2019, 10:31:07 PM »

Try harder!
You mean like this?
Or this?
Or similar to this?

And where have I "been nailed where it matters" or even where it doesn't matter?
All you've ever shown is that you don't understand anything and you've never posted real evidence, just your own words and memes.

In other words, no answer was the sad reply!

Could you please explain exactly what defined "down" on your flat earth?

Plat Terra

« Reply #408 on: August 05, 2019, 10:47:10 PM »

Try harder!
You mean like this?
Or this?
Or similar to this?

And where have I "been nailed where it matters" or even where it doesn't matter?
All you've ever shown is that you don't understand anything and you've never posted real evidence, just your own words and memes.

In other words, no answer was the sad reply!

The readers seeking truth know where you've been nailed, and that's what matters.  You even know where you've been nailed but can't admit it openly.

Remember the words I wrote as you have sweet dreams.

Plat Terra

« Reply #409 on: August 05, 2019, 10:54:01 PM »
Learn what potential energy and kinetic energy terms mean.

Water will find the lowest potential energy state. This is level.

You really mean to say; "This is Curve", right?

How do you like my avatar?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 10:56:26 PM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #410 on: August 05, 2019, 11:43:06 PM »

You nailed it alright, plats! You nailed your foot to the floor with your own nail gun!

Here's a tip, the flat earth trolls of yesteryear got big kicks out of knowing the scientists they were challenging, would spend hours if not days and weeks debunking the absurd flat earth proposals. They were trolling the scientists. How long did it take me, a non-scientist, to find these diagrams which annihilate your diagrams? Five seconds. No skin off my nose.

This is 2019, and many thanks to the internet, information about anything is the click of a button away.

When you go to bed tonight, you will remember these words, "Earth is a plain sphere". 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 12:54:21 AM by Sunset »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #411 on: August 06, 2019, 12:55:26 AM »
The readers seeking truth know where you've been nailed, and that's what matters.
In other words you cannot "explain exactly what defined "down" on your flat earth", so as usual you post meaningless drivel.

You even know where you've been nailed but can't admit it openly.
You refuse to even point out where I've been nailed so the Globe has no need to be concerned about the likes of you.

There are so many little things that flat earthers cannot explain without unsupported hypotheses  (ie guesses) is simply sunsets and sunrises!

Like these:

LHG-0693 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.02, 300 mm

LHG-0697 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.29, 300 mm

I naturally think that the sun is really being hidden behind something, the horizon on the Globe.

All your silly memes cannot match the simple explanation of the sun's being hidden by the earth and then majestically rising into full view!

Sunrise - Black Sea HD 265,498 views by kalcymc

HD Video 1080p 4K - Timelapse with Sunrise Sunsets by ZH Media

« Reply #412 on: August 06, 2019, 01:44:30 AM »
Even flat earthers know that Plat has no defensible position. Even Wise and Danang are not on hand to help defend his point.

Young man, go learn the theory you are trying to debunk.

Go learn to stay on point and not gish gallop all over the place.

JackBlack

« Reply #413 on: August 06, 2019, 02:35:46 AM »
So rather than even try to respond to what I said in any honest rational manner you jut bring up more nonsense?
There is nothing funny or true about that.

Why wouldn't I be able to walk?
Can you make any kind of justification, or do you just have a baseless claim?

You mean if the FEers understood how it worked they would stop spouting the same nonsense.
Notice how you appeal to an equilibrium? The same would happen with a RE.
Do you understand hydro-static equilibrium?

Gravity is one force acting on the water.
That compresses the water.
This means the water is under pressure and thus pushes outwards in all directions.
That is one key part of why water flows to maintain its level, even without the top being connected.

The same applies here, with the pressure pushing the water out to the sides to have it spread.

So again, no problem with the RE here.

Gravity isn't a glue which prevents sideways motion, it is just a downwards force.

« Reply #414 on: August 06, 2019, 06:27:12 AM »
I honestly think we should admit defeat.

I mean, the FE would be happy in their bubble, no one would be hurt, the earth would still remain round and everything works as intented. And then maybe in the future when space travel is more affordable and each of these FE could board a spaceship they will realise it... (altough I doubt that they would even trust their eyes....and still call fake or manipulation).

Also, we RE could just sit in our chairs and smile and live happy. As long as such people don`t run for president (I mean, Trump is already enough) or have important jobs etc. there is absolutely no problem.

In Swissgerman there is a famous phrasing "De Gschiider git nah, de Esel bliibt stah" ("The smarter gives in, the donkey stand still").

« Reply #415 on: August 06, 2019, 11:13:07 AM »
So we're in agreement that the nile is fake news and cant possibly flow north?

JackBlack

« Reply #416 on: August 06, 2019, 02:54:28 PM »
I mean, the FE would be happy in their bubble, no one would be hurt, the earth would still remain round and everything works as intented.
Consider that people had the same idea with creationism in the US.
And look how that turned out.
You now have loads of people trying to force evolution out of schools and have people taught fantasy instead.

I wouldn't be surprised that if no one bothered opposing FE the same would happen.

All it takes for BS to triumph is for intelligent people to say nothing.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #417 on: August 06, 2019, 06:10:57 PM »
I mean, the FE would be happy in their bubble, no one would be hurt, the earth would still remain round and everything works as intented.
Consider that people had the same idea with creationism in the US.
And look how that turned out.
You now have loads of people trying to force evolution out of schools and have people taught fantasy instead.

I wouldn't be surprised that if no one bothered opposing FE the same would happen.

All it takes for BS to triumph is for intelligent people to say nothing.
And, according to dutchy, more than 50% of people in the Netherlands now think that the moon landings are a hoax.
Then:
Quote from: Ellen Manning, Yahoo News UK, May 10, 2019
This is how many British people think the Earth is flat
It’s possibly one of the wackiest conspiracy theories out there - yet a poll has revealed that 3% of Britons subscribe to the theory that the Earth is flat.

The YouGov survey showed that three in 100 Brits say the theory that the Earth is flat rather than round is ‘probably’ or ‘definitely’ true.

Just over nine out of ten (93%) believe it’s false, while 4% claim that they don’t know.

The theory was one of several conspiracy theories YouGov quizzed Brits about, including whether the moon landings were faked and whether the threat of climate change has been exaggerated.

The flat Earth theory was the least popular on the survey.
. . . . . . .
One on the most famous moments in history - the moon landing - is also the subject of a conspiracy theory, the poll revealed, with one in six Brits (16%) thinking it was ‘probably’ or definitely staged.

« Reply #418 on: August 06, 2019, 09:29:04 PM »
The readers seeking truth know where you've been nailed, and that's what matters.  You even know where you've been nailed but can't admit it openly.

The readers who actually understand how things work are laughing at you, and that's what matters.  You even know why you're being laughed at, but can't admit it openly.

Plat Terra

« Reply #419 on: August 07, 2019, 04:09:16 PM »
So we're in agreement that the nile is fake news and cant possibly flow north?

Rivers wouldn't flow to seas and oceans on a sphere. It would be a much different world than what you see here.  Spherical gravity would make water  seek its own spherical radius through gravity pulling to center of mass and eventually seep into the ground, unless its trapped in mountain areas with valleys leading to depression areas.