When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #360 on: August 04, 2019, 03:21:13 PM »
Do you  believe NASA's ISS video is questionable? I need know know if I can trust your words. Yes, or no?

No I don't see any reason to question the video... unless you can prove that the video is fake. Here's a diagram to help you with your proof:

https://astrobob.areavoices.com/2019/05/15/follow-the-international-space-station-to-the-land-of-the-midnight-sun/

Your ISS orbit placement in time is all wrong for the day in question. And the directional rotation of the Earth in the video should be from NE to SW not East to west. But we who seek truth know why it's not, because it's faked. And you defend a fake video.  The hole is deeper and you ignored the point of all the rotation in the video for such a short rotation in real time. Stop wasting my time!

Nope your hole is deeper! And all the "rotation" in the video is the ISS moving over the earth NOT rotation.

The track of the ISS is not a straight line as you show but as on the track below.

If you bother to look up the details at  you might learn that:
The Track of the ISS was:

The details of the time, latitude and longitude of every frame are available in a long table that you can download and the most northern point was:
Photo Time GMT

Nadir Lat

Nadir Lon

Sun Azimuth

Sun Elevation Angle
05:24:39

51.8°

-68.4°

12°

-15°

So at the northermost point to ISS was at 51.8°N and the sun was visible on the surface as shown here:

If the ISS was 400 km above the earth the horizon would be almost 20° below it and almost 2300 km away - I fail to see any problem.

Stop wasting everybody's time and learn about the Globe!

Do you believe NASA's ISS video is questionable? I need know know if I can trust your words too. Yes, or no?
No for the reasons given above!

Quote from: Plat Terra
BTW, I will take my thread any direction I want to go, and it has everything to do with showing the defeat of the Globe Community wither they accept at or not. Nor am I in your realm. Someone made a statement about NASA, so I took and opportunity to expose a fake NASA video. Don't worry i'm going back to the Suez, curvature and gravity issues.  This is my agenda and thread, not yours.
And we will post any evidence for the Globe that we choose because you asked the question "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?" so I faile to see that you should be the one to answer your own question.

You are almost as bad as cikljamas who puts "Photoshopped" images, that are not in the NASA image library, and proves that they are "Photoshopped" images - big deal.
Of course, they are "Photoshopped" images but NASA didn't "Photoshop" them!

And here you have been manufacturing through your own ignorance, incorrect evidence against the Globe and expecting us to "admit defeat" - not on your sweet life!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 03:33:08 PM by rabinoz »

JackBlack

« Reply #361 on: August 04, 2019, 03:25:21 PM »
If one ISS video produced by NASA is ever accepted to be questionable
This has nothing to do with the video and is just your paranoia.

The issue isn't us not wanting to question the video, it is with you being unable to show a single issue with it and instead spouting a bunch of baseless nonsense, plenty of which can easily be shown to be false.

Can you actually show any problem with the video?

I do realize the alleged ISS is orbiting faster than Earth’s (fake) rotation and would give the appearance a CW rotation, but that’s not the point. The point is, the rotation of Earth is from right to left as you would see a Globe model spinning on it’ vertical axis.
So you accept that the rotation you are seeing isn't from the rotation of Earth and instead is from the ISS orbiting, but then just straight out reject it and assert you should be seeing the rotation of Earth?
Do you enjoy contradicting yourself?

The ISS travels from west to east.
At midnight, the camera was facing to the north, as shown by the sun remaining above the horizon as it does during the midnight sun in the Arctic.
This means the Earth should appear to move from the right of frame to the left of frame.

So the direction of rotation is consistent with what is expected.

And the position of the camera at focal point (as if viewing the sun over the north pole horizon) places the ISS orbiting way above the equator.
You mean where it is meant to be?
It places it near the Arctic circle.
Note that it doesn't need to be above the Arctic circle. All it needs is the horizon to be within the Arctic circle.

At an altitude of roughly 400 km, the horizon would be roughly 2200 km away.
That equates to a latitude difference of roughly 19.8 degrees.
With the Arctic circle being at roughly 66.6 degrees north, that means the ISS just needs to get up to 46.8 degrees north.
Note: this is an estimate based upon the winter solstice exactly, the exact numbers will be slightly different.

The ISS has an orbital inclination of 51.64 degrees.
This is well above the needed 46.8 degrees.

That means there is absolutely nothing wrong with view of the sun over the north pole.
So another outright lie from you.
Not simply a baseless claim, but a factually incorrect claim where you are merely trying to attack the RE model, using whatever lies you can.

This seems to be almost all you have, blatant lies to pretend there is a problem with a RE.

it is impossible to view the Sun over the north pole horizon when it’s on a pass from the Southern Ocean, south of Tasmania, to western Africa, over northern Mali. The ISS wouldn’t be able to view the Sun north over the horizon being that close to Earth being that far south.
That was the start and end location.
Remember you even made the argument that it made almost a complete orbit (in reality it is more like 2/3).
You are aware the ISS doesn't just magically stay south?
On its trip from Tasmania to Mali it will pass over North America.

Here is an actual map of what its path would be like:

So still no actual problems with the video, just lie after lie after lie.
The only thing you have shown to be questionable is yourself.

I need know know if I can trust your words too. Yes, or no?
Considering how many times you have blatantly lied, either blatantly misrepresenting the RE model, or made a factually false statement which can easily be shown as such, the real question is can we trust you?
So far I would say no.

it has everything to do with showing the defeat of the Globe Community
It seems to be more about the dishonesty of FEers and how they are quite happy to blatantly lie to pretend there are problems when there are not.
You are yet to show a single problem with the globe model and thus have not even begun to defeat the RE community.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #362 on: August 04, 2019, 03:35:49 PM »
Do you  believe NASA's ISS video is questionable? I need know know if I can trust your words. Yes, or no?

No I don't see any reason to question the video... unless you can prove that the video is fake. Here's a diagram to help you with your proof:

https://astrobob.areavoices.com/2019/05/15/follow-the-international-space-station-to-the-land-of-the-midnight-sun/

Your ISS orbit placement in time is all wrong for the day in question. And the directional rotation of the Earth in the video should be from NE to SW not East to west. But we who seek truth know why it's not, because it's faked. And you defend a fake video.  The hole is deeper and you ignored the point of all the rotation in the video for such a short rotation in real time. Stop wasting my time!

I see Rabinoz has beaten me to it, but I will answer you anyway. In short: You are wrong again. The ISS path is publicly available, you have an internet connection so you can check it as well. Your drawing on the map only proves how clueless you are.

I happens that the ISS was above Tasmania just some minutes ago and will be over West Africa in less than hour, just like in the video.

http://www.isstracker.com/
You must gather your party before venturing forth

« Reply #363 on: August 04, 2019, 04:06:02 PM »
Plats, I applaud you for finding your way to the flat earth society to learn all about how earth as a globe functions, including all things nasa and space. Something you could probably have done by visiting any elementary school library, and not an immediate first choice by most folk, but I applaud you anyway.  ;D

?

frenat

« Reply #364 on: August 04, 2019, 05:03:59 PM »
Your ISS orbit orientation is all wrong for that day. And the directional rotation of the Earth in the video should be from NE to SW not East to west. But we who seek truth know why it's not, because it's faked. And you defend a fake video.  The hole is deeper and you ignored the point of all the rotation in the video for such a short rotation in real time. Stop wasting my time!

Baby steps Plat, baby steps. Before you jump off over to all things space, let's solve some terrestrial things first. You started this thread with the globe crushing notion regarding the Panama Canal and no evidence of curvature. For some reason you abandoned all of that and spun off to random parts unknown.

Let's get back to basics and back to your OP and premise.

You could start by explaining how you derive distance between two points. How did you derive the distance from the Red to the Med for the Suez Canal? How did you derive the distance from the Pacific to the Atlantic for the Panama Canal? What's the distance between San Francisco and Boston?

Without knowing your distances and how you derive them I'm afraid it's impossible for us to examine any of you claims let alone take them seriously.

Do you believe NASA's ISS video is questionable? I need know know if I can trust your words too. Yes, or no?

BTW, I will take my thread any direction I want to go, and it has everything to do with showing the defeat of the Globe Community wither they accept at or not. Nor am I in your realm. Someone made a statement about NASA, so I took and opportunity to expose a fake NASA video. Don't worry i'm going back to the Suez, curvature and gravity issues.  This is my agenda and thread, not yours.
Translation: I'll gish gallop if I want to! If I get destroyed on one topic I'll just move to the next and ignore all criticisms!

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #365 on: August 04, 2019, 05:33:13 PM »
One of the things I love about our beautiful Plane Earth, I am continually reminded I am right and that NASA is a great deceiver no matter how high and far we can see. There is no curve even at 339,000. If you apply curvature math to this horizon, the Globe Earth theory fails and the hoax is exposed.

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #366 on: August 04, 2019, 05:53:42 PM »
The blue haze above the red line is not equal across the line.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

frenat

« Reply #367 on: August 04, 2019, 05:57:45 PM »
Nor does he understand how to use and apply curvature math.

Plat Terra

« Reply #368 on: August 04, 2019, 05:58:48 PM »

We can only see in a circle. Optics can only see in the radius of a circle. The farthest we can see is straight ahead, anything left to right is pulled back.  And does not mean we live on a sphere.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #369 on: August 04, 2019, 06:01:31 PM »

I corrected Macarios' curvature math. Does that count? Go back and look.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 06:03:58 PM by Plat Terra »

?

frenat

« Reply #370 on: August 04, 2019, 06:29:13 PM »

No it doesn't count when you have multiple times gotten it wrong and claimed there should be a curve side to side at ground level. But at least you're good for humor. Just waiting for the next gish gallop!

« Reply #371 on: August 04, 2019, 06:34:57 PM »
One of the things I love about our beautiful Plane Earth, I am continually reminded I am right and that NASA is a great deceiver no matter how high and far we can see. There is no curve even at 339,000. If you apply curvature math to this horizon, the Globe Earth theory fails and the hoax is exposed.

Lol! Would you like to try again with a photo of the horizon where it's flat instead of curved? This is too hilarious for words!   ;D ;D ;D ;D

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #372 on: August 04, 2019, 06:52:51 PM »

Really? Look at that same video just a few seconds before your screenshot:

Meet the First College Students to Launch a Rocket Into Space at 2:06 with guide
From: Meet the First College Students to Launch a Rocket Into Space | WIRED.

Look, all the curve you could ask for ;D! Except that I doubt either are the true curve from 339,000 feet and even mine might be exaggerated.

Next time get your photos from a video that does not use a lens with a large amount of "barrel distortion"!

Back to the drawing board!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #373 on: August 04, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »

Them's fightin' words. You have zero corrections when it comes to anything Macarios has put forth. Some goal post moving on your part is about it. His word is solid, unlike yours.

You can't even tell the distance between 2 points on earth. How would you be able to correct anyone's 'curvature math'? Do explain. How far is one thing from another?

Plat Terra

« Reply #374 on: August 04, 2019, 07:24:29 PM »

Meet the First College Students to Launch a Rocket Into Space at 2:06 with guide

Look, all the curve you could ask for ;D! Except that I doubt either are the true curve from 339,000 feet and even mine might be exaggerated.

Next time get your photos from a video that does not use a lens with a large amount of "barrel distortion"!

And look here before your snip. Is Earth concave? Understanding the optics with the position of the camera in relation to the horizon is key. OOPS, I said Horizon.

I have yet to see someone make a curved surface concave through camera optics. 

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 08:18:54 PM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #375 on: August 04, 2019, 08:19:58 PM »

And look here before your snip. Is Earth concave? Understanding the optics with the position of the camera in relation to the horizon is key. OOPS, I said Horizon.

Plats, are you setting off anytime soon in search of the edge of the earth? Be sure to pack your night vision goggles if you are, as it's 24 hour night in Antarctica this time of year.

It's unfortunate for your highly entertaining and hopelessly flawed argument that the ISS is filming the curvature of the earth at least every hour of every day. That's because the ISS is high enough to do so.

Would you like to tell us all, plats, who's been filming the flat plane earth from the same altitude as the ISS?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #376 on: August 04, 2019, 09:04:52 PM »

<< See later >>

Well you haven't seen much, have you? That photo is an example of a curved surface made concave through camera optics.

A lens with barrel-distortion will show the horizon:
  • excessively convex when the horizon is above the optical centre,
  • about the correct curvature when the horizon is through the optical centre and
  • concave when the horizon is below the optical centre.
So to see the true shape of the horizon should:
  • Preferably only use only lenses with little or no optical distortion.

• Or if that is not possible select only photos where the horizon is close to the optical centre of the lens - usually the centre of the frame if it has not been cropped. It tried to do that in this one:

The curve looks a little too much to me but that is hard to judge unless you know the field of view of the lens used.

GoPro cameras commonly use very wide-angle lenses and the cheaper lenses show considerable barrel distortion but GoPro lenses are available with little distortion .
    There are a few balloon videos that claim to uses "non-fisheye" lenses but these have narrower FoVs and most balloon and rocket enthusiasts prefer the wider FoV.
Here is a reference on camera lens distortion: Simple Lens Testing.
Here is a diagram from that document showing examples of moderate Barrel and Pincushion Distortion:

But, Plat Terra, you really should stop pretending that you are so knowledgeable on the Globe because you most certainly are not!

« Reply #377 on: August 05, 2019, 12:58:53 AM »
Plats, here's a little experiment you can do. Choose a place 50km due East of you and a place 50km due West of you. Have a look on google the sunset times for each of those three places. They will each be different.

Now remember, the time of sunset is the moment the top limb of the sun disappears at the western horizon.

People at the place east of you will see the sunset at least 6 minutes before you do, and at the place west of you, at least 6 minutes after you do. Don't just take my word for it, I'm sure you know people in such places and you can be on the phone with them to verify the times.

If the earth were a gigantic flat plane, you would continue to see the sun in the sky just as you continue to see planes in the sky long after they have travelled beyond your horizon.

Prove me wrong....

JackBlack

« Reply #378 on: August 05, 2019, 02:15:37 AM »
You mean you yet again run away from reality?
This picture from the video you source shows a curve:

And this one as well:

It's also quite clear from the footage that there was a fish eye lens being used.
You cherry picked a frame where the distortion due the fish eye lens cancelled the real curvature.
This is easily demonstrated here:

Notice how Earth is below the centre of the FOV? And the horizon is as well.
The only way for the horizon to be appear as a straight line in this shot is if it is actually curved.
Your dishonesty went so far that you even removed a portion of the top of the image to pretend the horizon was in the centre.

So once again, caught lying for a FE.

Is it really surprising that REers wont accept defeat when the only arguments you can put forward are lies?

Do you have anything that isn't based upon a lie or ignorance?
You know, anything to show an actual problem with the RE?

Your ignorance of camera optics is not evidence for Earth being flat.

« Reply #379 on: August 05, 2019, 07:39:47 AM »
I can't decide who is better at proving a globe earth - Ranty Flat Earth or Plat Terra

Thanks for showing curvature

Plat Terra

« Reply #380 on: August 05, 2019, 08:40:10 AM »

We can only see in a circle. Optics can only see in the radius of a circle. The farthest we can see is straight ahead, anything left to right is pulled back.  And does not mean we live on a sphere.

If you apply curvature math of a alleged 3959 mile radius to this horizon or any other, the Globe Earth theory fails and the hoax is exposed.

Plat Terra

« Reply #381 on: August 05, 2019, 10:08:14 AM »
I am working on a post that shows the Suez Canal can’t exist on a Globe Earth, but for now I would like to point out the following.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #382 on: August 05, 2019, 10:38:52 AM »
This is a bit off topic, but I'm glad you are here and fighting the good fight Plat Terra.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Macarios

« Reply #383 on: August 05, 2019, 10:58:15 AM »
The 216 feet is 0.041 miles.
To see that as one pixel of a bulge, your image has to be 878 pixels wide.

It looks easy, but how big part of the middle of the line will be for that one pixel higher than the rest?
And will it really be seen as a bulge at all? :)

The distance of the 36 miles is too small part of the Earth's circumference to be seen as curved in blueprints.
(One pixel per 878.)
And construction teams already know how to measure from Mean Sea level.
Any other reference is useless.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Plat Terra

« Reply #384 on: August 05, 2019, 11:16:20 AM »

It looks easy, but how big part of the middle of the line will be for that one pixel higher than the rest?

The distance of the 36 miles is too small part of the Earth's circumference to be seen as curved in blueprints.
(One pixel per 878.)

You let us know when you have actually verified your (Claim) alleged surface curvature over the Canal. I'm not going to buy a gold mine based solely on claims.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 11:29:29 AM by Plat Terra »

Plat Terra

« Reply #385 on: August 05, 2019, 11:41:53 AM »
This is a bit off topic, but I'm glad you are here and fighting the good fight Plat Terra.
Thank you, Sir

« Reply #386 on: August 05, 2019, 12:08:58 PM »

(One pixel per 878.)

You let us know when you have actually verified your (Claim) alleged surface curvature over the Canal. I'm not going to buy a gold mine based solely on claims.

Well, seeing as you are yet to show us YOUR personal measurements of the panama canal, we can also dismiss your argument. Let me know when you PERSONALLY  verify it. I'm not going to buy a silver mine based solely on claims. Especially claims that are chock full of personal opinions and incredulity.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #387 on: August 05, 2019, 12:31:03 PM »

(One pixel per 878.)

How did you determine the 36 mile distance? What method did you use? How did you verify the distance? Not knowing your methodology makes it impossible to examine, let alone believe, you claim.

« Reply #388 on: August 05, 2019, 02:32:41 PM »
Earth's gravity causes the water in the Suez Canal to have an equipotential surface, plats. We've already been over this......  ;)

But keep working hard on that Suez Canal post of yours. Like President Davis says, "Keep fighting the good fight."  :'(

BTW, your ability to not address difficult questions, plats, has not gone unnoticed.... :-\
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 02:34:20 PM by Sunset »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #389 on: August 05, 2019, 03:10:22 PM »
I am working on a post that shows the Suez Canal can’t exist on a Globe Earth,
That might be a little difficult because the Suez Canal does exist on the Globe Earth but give it a go!

but for now I would like to point out the following.

And you have yet to show that the surface curvature is not as indicated have you?
All you have done is drawn Mean Seal Level as a straight line when it should follow an almost perfect circle both over the open ocean and through the land as Macarios tried to explain in:
Again, elevations are measured from sea level, not from flat plane.

So where is your evidence that the sea-level would no be as Macarios showed.

Simply words agaim!
  • Show evidence that "we can look at a 36 mile stretch of where sky meets Ocean and see a horizontal line and no 216' of bulge at the center" and
  • more importantly prove that this "horizontal line" is not exactly how the horizon should appear on a 12,742 km diameter Globe.
I'll skip the next bits because they say nothing that hasn't been covered numerous times..

What do you hope to prove by simply saying things that show that you have no understanding of the term Mean Sea Level etc?