When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #330 on: August 03, 2019, 07:26:37 PM »
I really don't have time to give a common sense lesson.
You sure seem to have plenty of time to repeat the same nonsense.
It think the problem is that you lack the common sense needed to give such a lesson.

Your theoretical Earth does not fit this current world.
You are yet to provide a single instance of it not fitting.
That is a problem for the FE community, not the real earth community.

Of course flooding as described is going to be different between worlds. One has a plane surface and the other a spherical surface.
The only difference is in the shape of the surface.
For a hypothetical flat planet, you have water wanting to adopt a flat surface and elevation measured relative to this flat surface.
If water is on land near the ocean with a slight elevation above the flat surface it will want to run down into the ocean, preventing flooding. But if more water is coming in than can run off, it will still flood.
For a hypothetical (or real) round planet, you have water wanting to adopt a round surface and elevation measured relative to this round surface.
If water is on land near the ocean with a slight elevation above the flat surface it will want to run down into the ocean, preventing flooding. But if more water is coming in than can run off, it will still flood.

Notice how other than the shape of the surface that the water wants to adopt, it is exactly the same.
Simple common sense.

The Coastal regions on this Earth at, near or below sea level flood because of depression. It's really that simply. Your theory does not allow coastal depression because of a imaginary radius.

It floods because there is no spherical shape to the land.

Have a nice evening!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 07:45:27 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

JackBlack

« Reply #331 on: August 03, 2019, 07:56:11 PM »
The Coastal regions on this Earth at, near or below sea level flood because of depression. It's really that simply. Your theory does not allow coastal depression because of a imaginary radius.
Just why would a round Earth prevent a depression?
No one is claiming Earth is a perfect sphere.
Again, the 2 work the same, the only difference is the overall shape.

Plat Terra

« Reply #332 on: August 03, 2019, 08:08:03 PM »
Just why would a round Earth prevent a depression?
No one is claiming Earth is a perfect sphere.
Again, the 2 work the same, the only difference is the overall shape.
Your beloved Gravity, and if you have depression near the coast it would all be under the Oceans curve, because it's below the grade. You can't logically claim both depressed and curved coastal areas and shorelines.  Your Globe model is shrinking in blunders one right after another.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:37:53 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

JackBlack

« Reply #333 on: August 03, 2019, 09:18:24 PM »
Your beloved Gravity, and if you have depression near the coast it would all be under the Oceans curve, because it's below the grade. You can't logically claim both depressed and curved coastal areas and shorelines.  Your Globe model is shrinking in blunders one right after another.
It is quite simple:
In general (i.e. when you ignore the variations) Earth's surface is an oblate spheroid.
However at the small scale (compared to Earth) there are variations in the surface features. Some regions will be higher than the oblate spheroid, others will be lower.

There is no problem with that.

What you are saying now is akin to someone saying Earth can't be flat because there are mountains. You can't have Earth be both flat and with mountains.

Plat Terra

« Reply #334 on: August 03, 2019, 09:31:25 PM »
It is quite simple:
In general (i.e. when you ignore the variations) Earth's surface is an oblate spheroid.
However at the small scale (compared to Earth) there are variations in the surface features. Some regions will be higher than the oblate spheroid, others will be lower.

What you are saying now is akin to someone saying Earth can't be flat because there are mountains. You can't have Earth be both flat and with mountains.
Not at the coastal regions, at, near or below sea curve.

Your oblate spheroid won't have depressions in the bulge areas in the coastal regions, at, near or below sea curve or in the higher areas. It will all be curved. But' that's not the case is it?  That's even more of a problem for the Globe theory. See, the hole just keeps getting bigger.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:37:09 PM by Plat Terra »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #335 on: August 03, 2019, 10:09:20 PM »
It is quite simple:

Not at the coastal regions, at, near or below sea curve.

Your oblate spheroid won't have depressions in the bulge areas in the coastal regions, at, near or below sea curve or in the higher areas. It will all be curved. But' that's not the case is it? 

And the ocean will not flow into any depression near the sea-shore unless that depression is below sea-level and sea-level follows the curve.

I fail to see any problem. Please explain, with a diagram if need be.

Quote from: Plat Terra

That's even more of a problem for the Globe theory. See, the hole just keeps getting bigger.
Nope! Just another of the now numerous parts of "Globe theory" that you seem unable to grasp.
Yes, I agree that the hole you are digging yourself "just keeps getting bigger".

« Reply #336 on: August 03, 2019, 10:16:28 PM »
Oh dam he got us.
Plata got us all.
How can a round earth have fkat or depressed regoins of land.
We re all stumped.

Buuut... as per jackBs keen insight - a flat earth would have the same problems.
What would a flat problem be?
Do mountains exist?
How could mountains and valleys exist on a supoosed flat plane?
By definition - its flat!
Golly gee
Now we have NO model.

Back to ths torus everyone.

If plata wont seriously debate.
Do i need to?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #337 on: August 03, 2019, 11:04:35 PM »

Depressions have to do with the roughness of the earth's spherical surface. Water naturally flows towards the lower areas of the earth's spherical surface forming oceans and lakes. In a spherical earth lower means closer to the center of the earth, not what you are imagining.

I think it's very simple concept to understand. I'm not asking you to believe the earth is a sphere, since you obviously have your reasons to believe in FE, but if you are as smart as you claim you should at least be able to understand it after so many explanations.

And once again a lot of people is answering your drivel about RE, but you fail to provide any answers about your own FE model. Care to tell us how did you verify the earth is an infinite plane?
You must gather your party before venturing forth

JackBlack

« Reply #338 on: August 03, 2019, 11:24:59 PM »
Your oblate spheroid won't have depressions in the bulge areas in the coastal regions, at, near or below sea curve or in the higher areas. It will all be curved. But' that's not the case is it?  That's even more of a problem for the Globe theory. See, the hole just keeps getting bigger.
Again, that is just like saying:
Your flat earth won't have depressions in the flat areas in the coastal regions, at, near or below sea flat or in the higher areas. It will all be flat. But' that's not the case is it?  That's even more of a problem for the flat theory. See, the hole just keeps getting bigger.

Again, no one is saying Earth is perfectly round, just like no one is saying it is perfectly flat.
Depressions, i.e. regions with lower elevations, can work on both the FE and the RE. For a FE they use an imaginary flat line at sea flat for the elevation reference, for the real Earth they use an imaginary curved line at sea level for the elevation reference.

If all you can do is repeat the same non-problems then you don't have a hope of refuting RE nor making any sane REer admit defeat.

Again, where is your evidence that there is no curve?
Where is your unified FE model that can actually explain reality?
Where is your refutation to all the evidence that shows Earth is round?

Plat Terra

« Reply #339 on: August 03, 2019, 11:49:54 PM »
more memes

You don't think the earth is globe, you think gravity doesn't exist... that's fine really, I get that, there's people for everything.  I'm asking you what is your alternative model to RE and how did you verify it.

You could start by providing the distance between Boston and San Francisco.

You wrote: RE model is a well established model that works and is verifiable.

You have a working RE model with water that sticks to the surface as it spins? Where? Video please

Verify it please....?

I thought you don't believe in videos, but I have something much better than a video. A livestream of the earth from space:

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/iss_ustream.html

As you can see the earth is not losing any water.

Now your turn, what do you have?

I did not express it correctly. NASA is a fraud, here is why.  There are three things viewed in the video .

1. A solar panel array
2. A spinning sphere Earth
3. A Sun.

They all three stay in the same alignment from center (seen at sunset) during the entire Sunset to Sunrise event while Earth spins many times and while the ISS almost makes a complete rotation.

NASA claims the ISS almost completed an orbit during the event. Understanding this, how is it possible for the camera to view all three, (1,2 and 3) in an alignment as expressed, if the ISS almost makes a complete orbit and the Earth rotates more than once?

One of them has to be moved out of the alignment when the ISS almost makes a complete orbit.  Which one should be moved out of the alignment, the Sun or Earth?
And, why doesn’t the Earth’s rotation match the time of a Sunset to Sunrise Event, but spins out of control?

If you nor any others here have a logical answer then  NASA is a Fraud. And learn to say Earth is Flat and NASA faked a spinning Globe Earth with stationary equipment and CGI implementation.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:07:58 AM by Plat Terra »

Plat Terra

« Reply #340 on: August 04, 2019, 12:21:34 AM »
Your flat earth won't have depressions in the flat areas in the coastal regions, at, near or below sea flat or in the higher areas. It will all be flat. But' that's not the case is it?  That's even more of a problem for the flat theory. See, the hole just keeps getting bigger.

Again, no one is saying Earth is perfectly round, just like no one is saying it is perfectly flat.
Depressions, i.e. regions with lower elevations, can work on both the FE and the RE. For a FE they use an imaginary flat line at sea flat for the elevation reference, for the real Earth they use an imaginary curved line at sea level for the elevation reference.

If all you can do is repeat the same non-problems then you don't have a hope of refuting RE nor making any sane REer admit defeat.

You still don't get it, southern Louisiana shorelines are horizontal and can't meet a curved Ocean. And You still can't flood a sphere. All of Southerns Louisiana is below the curve that why it floods. We haven't talked about all the horizontal shorelines on this Earth which is not possible with your theory. Horizontal shorelines can't meet a curved ocean.   You can't win, but you are a pro.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:25:40 AM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #341 on: August 04, 2019, 12:25:28 AM »

Nope, southern Louisiana shorelines are horizontal and can't meet a curved Ocean. And You still can't flood a sphere. All of Southerns Louisiana is below the curve that why it floods. We haven't talked about all the horizontal shorelines on this Earth which is not possible with your theory. Horizontal shorelines can't meet a curved ocean.   You can't win, but you are a pro.

What is a "horizontal shoreline"?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #342 on: August 04, 2019, 12:25:36 AM »
I did not express it correctly. NASA is a fraud, here is why.  There are three things viewed in the video .

1. A solar panel array
3. A Sun.

They all three stay in the same alignment from center (seen at sunset) during the entire Sunset to Sunrise event while Earth spins many times and while the ISS almost makes a complete rotation.

NASA claims the ISS almost completed an orbit during the event. Understanding this, how is it possible for the camera to view all three, (1,2 and 3) in an alignment as expressed, if the ISS almost makes a complete orbit and the Earth rotates more than once?

One of them has to be moved out of the alignment when the ISS almost makes a complete orbit.  Which one should be moved out of the alignment, the Sun or Earth?
And, why doesn’t the Earth’s rotation match the time of a Sunset to Sunrise Event, but spins out of control?

If you nor any others here have a logical answer then  NASA is a Fraud. And learn to say Earth is Flat and NASA faked a spinning Globe Earth with stationary equipment and CGI implementation.

And here you are asking even more questions while failing to answer any of the questions you have been asked.

I already posted the explanation for this video. During the month of june the sun doesn't set completely on the ISS, thats why you see it rising again after barely touching the edge of the earth.

What makes you think the earth rotates more than once in the video? No it doesnt since the earth needs 24h to complete a rotation.

Plat Terra

« Reply #343 on: August 04, 2019, 12:29:41 AM »

1. A solar panel array
3. A Sun.

And here you are asking even more questions while failing to answer any of the questions you have been asked.

I already posted the explanation for this video. During the month of june the sun doesn't set completely on the ISS, thats why you see it rising again after barely touching the edge of the earth.

What makes you think the earth rotates more than once in the video? No it doesnt since the earth needs 24h to complete a rotation.

It's not turning real slow during the time laps video but spins fast. Gee.  That's how i know NASA faked it. Have another look.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #344 on: August 04, 2019, 12:33:21 AM »

1. A solar panel array
3. A Sun.

It's not turning real slow during the time laps video but spins fast. Gee.  That's how i know NASA faked it. Have another look.

How fast should it be spinning for you to know that NASA didn't fake it?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #345 on: August 04, 2019, 12:44:17 AM »

1. A solar panel array
3. A Sun.

You dont undersrand how orbits work. The ISS completes an orbit around the earth each 90 minutes. Imagine a plane flying around the world in 90 minutes, that would be pretty fast.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 03:16:56 AM by kopfverderber »

JackBlack

« Reply #346 on: August 04, 2019, 01:07:22 AM »
They all three stay in the same alignment from center
No, the alignment changes dramatically.
The starts above the camera's FOV, and is clearly observed to move.

while Earth spins many times
Again, what are you basing this on?

while the ISS almost makes a complete rotation.
Based upon what?
According to the timestamps it has only been roughly an hour, or ~2/3 of an orbit.
Based upon the position of the sun, it clearly hasn't made a complete orbit.
There is not enough visible of Earth under the clouds to determine where above Earth it is.
There is no basis for any of your claims.

It is quite easy to make a argument about an impossibility that hasn't been demonstrated at all.

You still don't get it, southern Louisiana shorelines are horizontal and can't meet a curved Ocean.
No, you still don't get it (or you do and are just pretending), it works the same on a FE and RE.
The elevations would be the same. And You still can't flood a sphere.

We haven't talked about all the horizontal shorelines
What horizontal shorelines? Is this just another baseless claim of yours?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #347 on: August 04, 2019, 03:00:43 AM »

1. A solar panel array
3. A Sun.

Sunrise and Sunset around Summer Solstice by NASACrewEarthObs

Careful, Plat Terra, the hole you are digging for yourself is rapidly getting deeper!

The ISS is travelling at about 7.66 km/s (27,600 km/h or 17,100 mph) and it's orbital period is around 92.7 minutes depending on the current altutude.
The surface speed of the earth, even at the equator, is only about 0.460 km/s (1656 km/h or 1029 mph).

So the movement of the earth relative to the ISS is mainly the movement of the ISS not the earth.

By the way, there are plenty more short videos from the ISS at: NASACrewEarthObs.

?

frenat

« Reply #348 on: August 04, 2019, 05:48:15 AM »

You still don't get it, southern Louisiana shorelines are horizontal and can't meet a curved Ocean. And You still can't flood a sphere. All of Southerns Louisiana is below the curve that why it floods. We haven't talked about all the horizontal shorelines on this Earth which is not possible with your theory. Horizontal shorelines can't meet a curved ocean.   You can't win, but you are a pro.
You haven't proven they are horizontal or that you can't flood a sphere. You haven't proven anything except you don't understand anything. I'm starting to think you don't understand round OR flat. Either that or you're just trolling. Which is it?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 09:22:20 AM by frenat »

« Reply #349 on: August 04, 2019, 10:32:00 AM »
On the curved surface of the globe, a point on the surface miles away from another point, will have the same elevation.  And yet, you claim one point would be the top and everything is downhill from there.

You have no argument.  Learn how the globe works.

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #350 on: August 04, 2019, 11:56:58 AM »
OR  considering what has been said about the orientation of the Camera and Earths spin, and the ISS is allegedly only 250 miles above the surface, it is impossible to view the Sun over the north pole horizon when it’s on a pass from the Southern Ocean, south of Tasmania, to western Africa, over northern Mali. The ISS wouldn’t be able to view the Sun north over the horizon being that close to Earth being that far south. (FAKE)

You are the one bringing this video to the thread, your are the one claiming the video is fake, then prove your claim. You know the size and position of the earth, you know the orbit of the ISS, you have all the data you need, then provide mathematical proof that the video is fake.

BWT you keep asking lots of questions but you refuse to answer any questions yourself, why? How did you verify the earth is an infinite plane?

Plat Terra

« Reply #351 on: August 04, 2019, 11:59:45 AM »
OR  considering what has been said about the orientation of the Camera and Earths spin, and the ISS is allegedly only 250 miles above the surface, it is impossible to view the Sun over the north pole horizon when it’s on a pass from the Southern Ocean, south of Tasmania, to western Africa, over northern Mali. The ISS wouldn’t be able to view the Sun north over the horizon being that close to Earth being that far south. (FAKE)

You are the one bringing this video to the thread, your are the one claiming the video is fake, then prove your claim. You know the size and position of the earth, you know the orbit of the ISS, you have all the data you need, then provide mathematical proof that the video is fake.

BWT you keep asking lots of questions but you refuse to answer any questions yourself, why? How did you verify the earth is an infinite plane?

Do you  believe NASA's ISS video is questionable? I need know know if I can trust your words. Yes, or no?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 12:02:23 PM by Plat Terra »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #352 on: August 04, 2019, 12:10:23 PM »
Do you  believe NASA's ISS video is questionable? I need know know if I can trust your words. Yes, or no?

No I don't see any reason to question the video... unless you can prove that the video is fake. Here's a diagram to help you with your proof:

https://astrobob.areavoices.com/2019/05/15/follow-the-international-space-station-to-the-land-of-the-midnight-sun/

Plat Terra

« Reply #353 on: August 04, 2019, 01:07:27 PM »

No I don't see any reason to question the video... unless you can prove that the video is fake. Here's a diagram to help you with your proof:

https://astrobob.areavoices.com/2019/05/15/follow-the-international-space-station-to-the-land-of-the-midnight-sun/

Your ISS orbit placement in time is all wrong for the day in question. And the directional rotation of the Earth in the video should be from NE to SW not East to west. But we who seek truth know why it's not, because it's faked. And you defend a fake video.  The hole is deeper and you ignored the point of all the rotation in the video for such a short rotation in real time. Stop wasting my time!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 01:24:36 PM by Plat Terra »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #354 on: August 04, 2019, 01:26:17 PM »
Your ISS orbit orientation is all wrong for that day. And the directional rotation of the Earth in the video should be from NE to SW not East to west. But we who seek truth know why it's not, because it's faked. And you defend a fake video.  The hole is deeper and you ignored the point of all the rotation in the video for such a short rotation in real time. Stop wasting my time!

Baby steps Plat, baby steps. Before you jump off over to all things space, let's solve some terrestrial things first. You started this thread with the globe crushing notion regarding the Panama Canal and no evidence of curvature. For some reason you abandoned all of that and spun off to random parts unknown.

Let's get back to basics and back to your OP and premise.

You could start by explaining how you derive distance between two points. How did you derive the distance from the Red to the Med for the Suez Canal? How did you derive the distance from the Pacific to the Atlantic for the Panama Canal? What's the distance between San Francisco and Boston?

Without knowing your distances and how you derive them I'm afraid it's impossible for us to examine any of you claims let alone take them seriously.

Plat Terra

« Reply #355 on: August 04, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »
Your ISS orbit orientation is all wrong for that day. And the directional rotation of the Earth in the video should be from NE to SW not East to west. But we who seek truth know why it's not, because it's faked. And you defend a fake video.  The hole is deeper and you ignored the point of all the rotation in the video for such a short rotation in real time. Stop wasting my time!

Baby steps Plat, baby steps. Before you jump off over to all things space, let's solve some terrestrial things first. You started this thread with the globe crushing notion regarding the Panama Canal and no evidence of curvature. For some reason you abandoned all of that and spun off to random parts unknown.

You could start by explaining how you derive distance between two points. How did you derive the distance from the Red to the Med for the Suez Canal? How did you derive the distance from the Pacific to the Atlantic for the Panama Canal? What's the distance between San Francisco and Boston?

Without knowing your distances and how you derive them I'm afraid it's impossible for us to examine any of you claims let alone take them seriously.

Do you believe NASA's ISS video is questionable? I need know know if I can trust your words too. Yes, or no?

BTW, I will take my thread any direction I want to go, and it has everything to do with showing the defeat of the Globe Community wither they accept at or not. Nor am I in your realm. Someone made a statement about NASA, so I took and opportunity to expose a fake NASA video. Don't worry i'm going back to the Suez, curvature and gravity issues.  This is my agenda and thread, not yours.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 01:50:29 PM by Plat Terra »

Plat Terra

« Reply #356 on: August 04, 2019, 02:13:04 PM »
I would like to make a correction. I used the wrong words to express my thoughts.

Flat Earths know what the Globe Community believes happens at the Suez. RE believe it follows the curve. I misspoke when I stated I believe that would happen too, but it was in thought of what you guys think or believe happens. But that's not really the case knowing what would actually happen considering your theory of Gravity.

Later..... 

« Reply #357 on: August 04, 2019, 02:17:50 PM »

Do you believe NASA's ISS video is questionable? I need know know if I can trust your words too. Yes, or no?

BTW, I will take my thread any direction I want to go, and it has everything to do with showing the defeat of the Globe Community wither they accept at or not. Nor am I in your realm. Someone made a statement about NASA, so I took and opportunity to expose a fake NASA video. Don't worry i'm going back to the Suez, curvature and gravity issues.  This is my agenda and thread, not yours.

Save your childish, "can I trust you", shenanigans, plats. Why are you questioning this NASA video? Are you concerned it isn't an official NASA video, or the video has been sped up for some purpose, or are you concerned about the movement of the sun in the video? What is it?

I don't see any immediate reason to question it's integrity, as I can easily find thousands of similar iss NASA videos out there on the internet.

Is there something unique about this one you'd like to share with us all?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #358 on: August 04, 2019, 03:12:04 PM »

My belief system does not enter into any of this. I am fact/evidence based only.

Fair enough, but it wasn't a statement about NASA it was a video showing water not pouring off of a globe earth which is what you strangely claim would happen. And sure, it's your thread, you can take it anywhere you want, but so can others with a title like, "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?" and as you meander through various topics of ill-informed disinterest.

Now, back to science. Every time you evade the questions your arguments get weaker and weaker. And considering where they started on the 'weakness' scale, well, there's that. So, you could start by explaining how you derive distance between two points. How did you derive the distance from the Red to the Med for the Suez Canal? How did you derive the distance from the Pacific to the Atlantic for the Panama Canal? What's the distance between San Francisco and Boston?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #359 on: August 04, 2019, 03:13:15 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall EVER seeing anything published by NASA for the sole purpose of appeasing or discrediting the flat Earth community.

I'm sure they're absolutely devastated by your skepticism!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 03:15:55 PM by Here to laugh at you »
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.