When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #300 on: August 03, 2019, 06:02:09 AM »
So, If I can't prove curvature no one can.
Don't we love ourselves! Chronic case of the dreaded Dunning-Kruger Syndrome noted!

Quote from: Plat Terra
It's really a simple issue and a no brainer and I am no one special. 
You seem a classic case of "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".
You will find that there's far more to "proving the flat" than a few mistaken "thought experiments".
In addition you must come up with a workable "flat earth model" that explains all the observations we can make on the earth and by astronomy.

I've tried to spell put a few but you dismiss all out-of-hand.

Quote from: Plat Terra
BTW, we don't live in a vacuum.
I didn't say that we did but there are plenty of large and small vacuum chambers good enough to test this sort of thing.
BTW In case it crops up:
          Neither density nor relative density can, on their own, cause forces and neither has direction
          but gravity does cause forces and gravity does have direction.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #301 on: August 03, 2019, 06:13:45 AM »
Again, nothing you bring up matters or will magically make landmass conform to a sphere.
Sorry, but that is what gravitation has done with the Sun, Earth, all the other planets and the minor planets - it has made them all almost spherical.

And the ellipticit depends on their mass and how fast the spin.

But how many times must you be told that your topic is "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?"
That will not happen until you have a flat earth model the fits all observations on earth and in the sky - the paths of the Sun, moon and other planets.

« Reply #302 on: August 03, 2019, 07:14:11 AM »
I am an inventor that made a machine that was thought impossible to make.

citation needed.

So, If I can't prove curvature no one can. It's really a simple issue and a no brainer and I am no one special
the irony of this contradiction is HILARIOUS

Haha
Ya i think one of jackBs common come backs is "just because you dont understand it, doesnt mean its false" (paraphrase).

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #303 on: August 03, 2019, 08:29:40 AM »
I do suggest that some of you here take a breath and a break and think about a few things. Take some time and use your imagination to see the lie you have been feed through media and the deceitful government’s agenda.

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #304 on: August 03, 2019, 08:39:04 AM »
lots of memes

RE model is a well established model that works and is verifiable. If you want to replace with something else, start by producing an alternative model that works and is at least as good as the RE model in explaining and predicting the real world.

The infinite plane model of yours just doesn't work, you have nothing to back it, you have provided nothing, just a few memes and some unintended humor.

You pretend to delete centuries of scientific progress and replace it with absolutely nothing, just some sort of religious fundamentalism. Sorry but that doesn't work.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 08:43:08 AM by kopfverderber »
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Plat Terra

« Reply #305 on: August 03, 2019, 09:04:21 AM »
lots of memes

RE model is a well established model that works and is verifiable. If you want to replace with something else, start by producing an alternative model that works and is at least as good as the RE model in explaining and predicting the real world.

The infinite plane model of yours just doesn't work, you have nothing to back it, you have provided nothing, just a few memes and some unintended humor.

You pretend to delete centuries of scientific progress and replace it with absolutely nothing, just some sort of religious fundamentalism. Sorry but that doesn't work.

You have a working RE model with water that sticks to the surface as it spins? Where? Video please

I am not deleting any part of history that matters. In-fact, history is on my side.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:06:10 AM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #306 on: August 03, 2019, 09:14:07 AM »
more memes

You don't think the earth is globe, you think gravity doesn't exist... that's fine really, I get that, there's people for everything.  I'm asking you what is your alternative model to RE and how did you verify it.

You could start by providing the distance between Boston and San Francisco.

Plat Terra

« Reply #307 on: August 03, 2019, 09:19:29 AM »
more memes

You don't think the earth is globe, you think gravity doesn't exist... that's fine really, I get that, there's people for everything.  I'm asking you what is your alternative model to RE and how did you verify it.

You wrote: RE model is a well established model that works and is verifiable.

You have a working RE model with water that sticks to the surface as it spins? Where? Video please

Verify it please....?

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #308 on: August 03, 2019, 10:01:56 AM »
more memes

Verify it please....?

I thought you don't believe in videos, but I have something much better than a video. A livestream of the earth from space:

https://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/iss_ustream.html

As you can see the earth is not losing any water.

Now your turn, what do you have?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:14:26 AM by kopfverderber »

?

frenat

« Reply #309 on: August 03, 2019, 10:30:11 AM »
I do suggest that some of you here take a breath and a break and think about a few things. Take some time and use your imagination to see the lie you have been feed through media and the deceitful government’s agenda.

Still only proves you don't understand the subject just like the last time you posted this. Elevation change is NOT the same as drop due to curvature. Admit it, you're just trolling now, right?

Macarios

« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2019, 10:37:27 AM »
RE community will accept defeat when the Earth some day really becomes flat.
Considering the observations, measurements, laws of physics, facts and figures, it is highly unlikely that it will happen in any near or far future.

But these things are not about "victory" and "defeat".

When we stand on the surface the line going along the horizon all around us looks flat because the drop is equal and too small wherever you look.
But any line going on the surface from observer towards the horizon and beyond is clearly curving downwards and after the horizon can't be seen any more.
If the Earth was flat that line would be visible for much farther than now.

Now, how high you have to be to see the horizon curved (if we exclude refraction)?
From an altitude of 1.8 m the distance to horizon is 4.8 km.
The circumference of the horizon is 30.16 km.
If we assume the viewing angle of 60 degrees, then the observed part of the horizon is an arc of approx. 5.026 km with cord of 4.8 km.
This arc has height of 643 m.
From the distance of 4800 meters and altitude of 1.8 meters that height is seen under the angle of 0.0221 degrees.
It is 89.9779 degrees away from the perpendicular view.
Cosine of 89.9779 degrees is 0.000386 and those 643 meters look like 0.248 meters (say 0.25).

The bulge of 25 centimeters surely can not be visible on the line 4800 meters long.
Take a high resolution photo of such horizon, make it 4800 pixels wide, and the curvature would have to be one quarter of a pixel.

On a Flat Earth horizon would seem flat as well, but surely not just 4.8 kilometers away from observer.

So, from 1.8 meters we can't see the curve.
Can we see it from 10 000 meters?

Horizon distance is 357 km, circumference 2243 km, 60 degrees arc length is 374 km, arc width 357 km.
Arc height 47.83 km, seen under the angle of 88.4 degrees away from perpendicular view, appears like 1.33 km.

3 x 357 = 1071
3 x 1.33 = 4.
So, if we make image 1071 piels wide, the bulge would be 4 pixels.
Probably not enough to see with naked eye, but if we keep the height and compress the width, the bulge will be visible.

Like in the image below.

The left wide part is 1071 pixels wide image of a dawn from 10 000 meters. Looks pretty flat.
The right, narrow part is the same image compressed horizontally to 5% of the original width.
You can see how the middle of the horizon bulges just a bit.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:48:03 AM by Macarios »
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #311 on: August 03, 2019, 11:04:31 AM »
more memes

Verify it please....?

You could start by explaining how you derive distance between two points. How did you derive the distance from the Red to the Med for the Suez Canal? How did you derive the distance from the Pacific to the Atlantic for the Panama Canal? What's the distance between San Francisco and Boston?

Without knowing your distances and how you derived them I'm afraid it's impossible for us to take any of your claims as grounded, responsible, let alone credible.

Verify these distances you cite please....?

Plat Terra

« Reply #312 on: August 03, 2019, 11:07:30 AM »

Still only proves you don't understand the subject just like the last time you posted this. Elevation change is NOT the same as drop due to curvature. Admit it, you're just trolling now, right?
No, it's not about elevation change. It's about water flowing near or at a Globe Earth's (sea curve) circumference. My post is not about elevation. Have another look.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #313 on: August 03, 2019, 11:12:33 AM »
NASA claims the ISS orbits the Earth once every 90 minutes and experiences a sunrise or a sunset about every 45 minutes. But in the following video Earth makes several rotations during a time-lapse Sunrise and Sunset, but it’s really a Sunset to Sunrise.

Another fishy thing about this video is the ISS never passes between Earth and Sun during the time-lapse video. It’s as if it stopped in mid orbit to take a video of a moving Sun.

It makes me wonder if the video was taken from some type of high altitude stationary equipment and what we are actually seeing is a Flat Earth Sun rotating clockwise over a CGI implemented rotating Earth.  Interesting to watch and think about.

Moving on to the ISS and 'fake NASA'. Great. Yes, that's exactly what you see - a video was taken from some type of high altitude stationary equipment and what we are actually seeing is a Flat Earth Sun rotating clockwise over a CGI implemented rotating Earth. All perpetrated by the Illuminati to benefit  those of us who are high ranking in the Masonic lodge. Well done, you've exposed us.

Now, back to the matter at hand and quit deflecting and evading:

How did you derive the distance from the Red to the Med for the Suez Canal? How did you derive the distance from the Pacific to the Atlantic for the Panama Canal? What's the distance between San Francisco and Boston?

Without knowing your distances and how you derived them I'm afraid it's impossible for us to take any of your claims as grounded, responsible, let alone credible.

Verify these distances you cite please....?

« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2019, 11:15:54 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/JrIwl9h.jpg
You don't seem to understand that 3 miles away, where the surface has curved away 6", that it is still the same elevation as where you are standing.  At 6 miles where it was curved away 24".... still the same elevation. 

?

frenat

« Reply #315 on: August 03, 2019, 11:17:42 AM »

No, it's not about elevation change. It's about water flowing near or at a Globe Earth's (sea curve) circumference. My post is not about elevation. Have another look.
And now you further prove you don't even read replies. I KNOW your post is not about elevation. It is about YOU not understanding the subject and equating a drop due to curvature as somehow a downhill in every direction. That is why I assume you have to be trolling because understanding the subject this wrongly HAS to be on purpose. That and your gish gallop onto ever more topics and not addressing your previous failings.

Plat Terra

« Reply #316 on: August 03, 2019, 11:27:50 AM »
more memes

Verify it please....?

I thought you don't believe in videos, but I have something much better than a video. A livestream of the earth from space:

NASA claims the ISS orbits the Earth once every 90 minutes and experiences a sunrise or a sunset about every 45 minutes. But in the following video Earth makes several rotations during a time-lapse Sunrise and Sunset, but it’s really a Sunset to Sunrise.

Another fishy thing about this video is the ISS never passes between Earth and Sun during the time-lapse video. It’s as if it stopped in mid orbit to take a video of a moving Sun.

It makes me wonder if the video was taken from some type of high altitude stationary equipment and what we are actually seeing is a Flat Earth Sun rotating clockwise over a CGI implemented rotating Earth.  Interesting to watch and think about.

Plat Terra

« Reply #317 on: August 03, 2019, 11:41:26 AM »

And now you further prove you don't even read replies. I KNOW your post is not about elevation. It is about YOU not understanding the subject and equating a drop due to curvature as somehow a downhill in every direction. That is why I assume you have to be trolling because understanding the subject this wrongly HAS to be on purpose. That and your gish gallop onto ever more topics and not addressing your previous failings.

But it is down hill in all directions at the surface (circumference) of a sphere. I am stating a fact. Your welcome to show me in a video how you can flood the surface of a ball. Other areas on a sphere with greater elevation, valleys and hills would flood. But not at or near sea curve and with an ocean just a few miles away.

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #318 on: August 03, 2019, 12:11:34 PM »
So you demand a video of a ball, with the mass of the Earth, flooded with water? You were just shown that!

Do you really think a tennis ball on a kitchen counter is a realistic analog for showing how gravity acts on a sphere??

Also, the surface of the globe is NOT "downhill in all directions", that is simply preposterous. Gravity attracts towards the center of a body of mass. In this case, the center of the Earth. Anywhere you stand on the Earth, "level" is perpendicular to a line passing through that center of mass.

Please tell me you don't actually believe these memes you present!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #319 on: August 03, 2019, 12:41:49 PM »
Plats, I hate to be personal, but may I ask, "How old are you?" No offence, but you don't seem to have lived on Earth quite as long as some of the other posters in this thread.

All your arguments, which you think are fantastic, are all straight from YouTube presentations. All of those direct to YouTube presentations, have been debunked.

The "water won't stick to a spinning basketball" argument is so monumentally backwards it beggars belief.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 01:17:11 PM by Sunset »

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #320 on: August 03, 2019, 12:51:00 PM »
more memes

Verify it please....?

I hope you are not thinking that the ISS is hanging from a pole. Here's a description of the video you posted:

Sunrise and Sunset around Summer Solstice
This video was taken by the crew of Expedition 31 on board the International Space Station. The sequence of shots was taken from June 6, 2012 from 04:42:11 to 05:41:16 GMT, on a pass from the Southern Ocean, south of Tasmania, to western Africa, over northern Mali. During this video, the ISS makes an almost complete orbit around the Earth while pointing the camera towards the Northern Hemisphere around the Summer Solstice. Throughout this pass, the sun begins to set througth the solar panels on the ISS and barely touches the edge of the Earth before it begins to rise again. During the Summer Solstice in the Northern Hemisphere, latitudes above approximately 67 degrees receive 24 hours of daylight.

Now how about you also answer some questions? Did you find out what's the distance between Boston  and San Francisco yet? Care to explain how did you verify the infinite plane? A sneak peek at ice wall perhaps?

« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 12:52:34 PM by kopfverderber »

« Reply #321 on: August 03, 2019, 01:08:33 PM »
lots of memes

I am not deleting any part of history that matters. In-fact, history is on my side.

Correct.
Working model.
Try and keep up.
Youre currently how many extinct civs behind?

?

frenat

« Reply #322 on: August 03, 2019, 02:09:37 PM »

But it is down hill in all directions at the surface (circumference) of a sphere. I am stating a fact. Your welcome to show me in a video how you can flood the surface of a ball. Other areas on a sphere with greater elevation, valleys and hills would flood. But not at or near sea curve and with an ocean just a few miles away.

And there you go proving you don't understand the subject again. Down is toward the center. As for your picture with Louisiana, much of it is below or at sea level. Flooding occurs when a large storm temporarily rises that level.

JackBlack

« Reply #323 on: August 03, 2019, 03:13:10 PM »
I do suggest that some of you here take a breath and a break and think about a few things
How about you stop acting like a broken record and try bringing up something new, or actually substantiating your claims.

So far all you have done is show you have not obtained any evidence of Earth's curvature yourself and are willing to blatantly misrepresent what the RE position is and what REers claim.

You haven't even begun to defeat the RE model of the Earth.

As I said before, you already accepted that for a RE, the water level would follow the curve.
That "drop" you are appealing to is the curve, so the water wouldn't flow towards that drop.
So you have already rejected the argument you present.
So why present it?
Do you just want to show everyone that you do not care about honestly presenting the RE model and instead you are happy to use whatever lies you can to try and pretend there is a problem?

You have a working RE model with water that sticks to the surface as it spins?
A model doesn't need to be physical.
Any physical model of a RE, which would behave with the same laws of physics would need to be in free fall outside the Roche limit of any more significant body.

That means a small ball being held on Earth CANNOT be an accurate physical model of Earth.

We have a model based upon the laws of physics which explains how things work on a RE.
You can put various things in and get things out.
For example, you can put in a location and time, and get the apparent position to celestial objects.
You can put in 2 different locations and find the distance between them.
We can explain why water sticks to Earth.
And so on.

That's religion you are appealing to, not history.

But in the following video Earth makes several rotations during a time-lapse Sunrise and Sunset, but it’s really a Sunset to Sunrise.
That is just another baseless claim of yours.
How are you determining ho many times Earth rotates during this timelapse?

Another fishy thing about this video is the ISS never passes between Earth and Sun during the time-lapse video.
You mean it doesn't show a full day and doesn't have the ISS pass below the sun.
Who cares?
There is nothing fishy about that.

But it is down hill in all directions at the surface (circumference) of a sphere. I am stating a fact.
No, you are stating a blatant lie, as you already accepted.
Downhill means going to a lower elevation, not simply following the curve.
The "drop" you refer to is following the curve, not going to a lower elevation.
Going sideways and following the curve is not going downhill.

« Reply #324 on: August 03, 2019, 03:59:22 PM »

And there you go proving you don't understand the subject again. Down is toward the center. As for your picture with Louisiana, much of it is below or at sea level. Flooding occurs when a large storm temporarily rises that level.

Platas next meme will be how the nile cant flow north.

?

frenat

« Reply #325 on: August 03, 2019, 04:26:02 PM »

Platas next meme will be how the nile cant flow north.
He already alluded to it at least once before.

JackBlack

« Reply #326 on: August 03, 2019, 05:13:44 PM »
You can't flood any part of a spherical landmass that’s near or at Sea Curve if it adjoins an Ocean
Why not?
Would you be able to flood any part of a flat landmass that's near or at the sea flat if it adjoins an ocean?

Like I said, the exact same issues would arise for a FE and a RE.
The only way in which RE is different is the curvature, which would have no impact on the water level and thus it is either extremely dishonest or extremely ignorant to bring it up as part of your argument, especially as you have already refuted it.

All you need to flood it is for more water to be going there than will leave.

I know this might surprise you, but water doesn't instantly find its level.
It takes time.

If it did it instantly, there would be no rivers, as all the water would have instantly run out.

Plat Terra

« Reply #327 on: August 03, 2019, 05:23:17 PM »
You can't flood any part of a spherical landmass that’s near or at Sea Curve if it adjoins an Ocean, unless you encircle a retaining wall before the flood begins. Please don’t be mad at me for another hole found in the Globe Earth model. It’s just common sense.

Plat Terra

« Reply #328 on: August 03, 2019, 05:38:50 PM »

You can't flood any part of a spherical landmass that’s near or at Sea Curve if it adjoins an Ocean
Why not?
Would you be able to flood any part of a flat landmass that's near or at the sea flat if it adjoins an ocean?

Like I said, the exact same issues would arise for a FE and a RE.
The only way in which RE is different is the curvature, which would have no impact on the water level and thus it is either extremely dishonest or extremely ignorant to bring it up as part of your argument, especially as you have already refuted it.

All you need to flood it is for more water to be going there than will leave.

I know this might surprise you, but water doesn't instantly find its level.
It takes time.

If it did it instantly, there would be no rivers, as all the water would have instantly run out.
I really don't have time to give a common sense lesson.

Your theoretical Earth does not fit this current world. That's a major problem for the Globe Community. Of course flooding as described is going to be different between worlds. One has a plane surface and the other a spherical surface.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 05:42:09 PM by Plat Terra »

JackBlack

« Reply #329 on: August 03, 2019, 06:49:12 PM »
I really don't have time to give a common sense lesson.
You sure seem to have plenty of time to repeat the same nonsense.
It think the problem is that you lack the common sense needed to give such a lesson.

Your theoretical Earth does not fit this current world.
You are yet to provide a single instance of it not fitting.
That is a problem for the FE community, not the real earth community.

Of course flooding as described is going to be different between worlds. One has a plane surface and the other a spherical surface.
The only difference is in the shape of the surface.
For a hypothetical flat planet, you have water wanting to adopt a flat surface and elevation measured relative to this flat surface.
If water is on land near the ocean with a slight elevation above the flat surface it will want to run down into the ocean, preventing flooding. But if more water is coming in than can run off, it will still flood.
For a hypothetical (or real) round planet, you have water wanting to adopt a round surface and elevation measured relative to this round surface.
If water is on land near the ocean with a slight elevation above the flat surface it will want to run down into the ocean, preventing flooding. But if more water is coming in than can run off, it will still flood.

Notice how other than the shape of the surface that the water wants to adopt, it is exactly the same.
Simple common sense.