When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #270 on: August 02, 2019, 11:09:33 PM »

No, your Earth is little. You do realize the Globe Community believes a row boat allegedly goes over a curve just 3 miles out, right? And yet you claim it's huge. That make no sense. There is a 6' drop in curvature just 6 miles away and 216' just 18 miles out on your little 3959 mile radius Earth.

It looks flat and huge because it is. Observation is always good science.
[/quote]

Mate, a row boat does go over the curve just 3 miles away. That's a fact. You are little, the row boat is little, and the distance to noticing the curve is little. You always notice the effect of the curve because earth is curved, and Earth is huge compared to us.

You're right that observation is always good science. You should practice what you preach.
[/quote]

You can paint it in any way that makes you feel better. The width of the United States is more than twice as long as the radius of your alleged Globe Earth Earth. Think about that with the phrase "Is a small world".
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #271 on: August 02, 2019, 11:29:38 PM »

No, your Earth is little. You do realize the Globe Community believes a row boat allegedly goes over a curve just 3 miles out, right? And yet you claim it's huge. That make no sense. There is a 6' drop in curvature just 6 miles away and 216' just 18 miles out on your little 3959 mile radius Earth.

It looks flat and huge because it is. Observation is always good science.

Mate, a row boat does go over the curve just 3 miles away. That's a fact. You are little, the row boat is little, and the distance to noticing the curve is little. You always notice the effect of the curve because earth is curved, and Earth is huge compared to us.

You're right that observation is always good science. You should practice what you preach.
[/quote]

You can paint it in any way that makes you feel better. The width of the United States is more than twice as long as the radius of your alleged Globe Earth Earth. Think about that with the phrase "Is a small world".
[/quote]

This just kind of keeps getting better and better...

So, how far is it from say San Francisco to Boston?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #272 on: August 02, 2019, 11:41:06 PM »
The width of the United States is more than twice as long as the radius of your alleged Globe Earth Earth.
No it's not!
The west to east width of the contiguous United States is 2,680 miles (4,313 km) and the (average) radius of the earth is 3959 miles (6,371 km).
Your ignorance of well known facts is so typical of flat-earthers.

By the way what is the width of your flat earth and what is the path of your sun?

Quote from: Plat Terra
Think about that with the phrase "Is a small world".
Sure, it's a phrase recognising that Global air travel makes the earth seem much smaller than it used to. What of it?

JackBlack

« Reply #273 on: August 02, 2019, 11:47:53 PM »
The width of the United States is more than twice as long as the radius of your alleged Globe Earth Earth. Think about that with the phrase "Is a small world".
Citation needed (and clarification). Do you mean the great circle route going from the furthest east territory to the furthest west?

I do suggest that some of you here take a breath and a break and think about a few things.
Good advice. Have you tried to follow it?

Take some time and use your imagination to see the lie you have been feed
I can clearly see the lies you are feeding.
I need very little time to see that.
Your latest pic is yet another blatant misrepresentation.

Flooding on a round Earth works in basically the same way as your imaginary flat Earth.

And thanks for showing you are the kind of FEer that believes this nonsense:

Even though you rejected that.
Unless you are knowingly lying to everyone and intentionally presenting falsehoods.

The drop due to curvature doesn't make it below level. It is following level, so it doesn't mean water would magically flow.

Plat Terra

« Reply #274 on: August 02, 2019, 11:51:27 PM »
The width of the United States is more than twice as long as the radius of your alleged Globe Earth Earth.
No it's not!
The west to east width of the contiguous United States is 2,680 miles (4,313 km) and the (average) radius of the earth is 3959 miles (6,371 km).

By the way what is the width of your flat earth and what is the path of your sun?

Sure, it's a phrase recognising that Global air travel makes the earth seem much smaller than it used to. What of it?

Well, sue me for a typo. I meant its twice as long as the united States. You just like to complain when you can.

Like is said, it does not matter because you are incapable of verifying the alleged surface curvature of any landmass or canal, because it's not there to measure up. How does that feel?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2019, 11:55:02 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #275 on: August 02, 2019, 11:52:56 PM »
No it's not!

Well, sue me for a typo. I meant twice as much. You just like to complain when you can.

Like is said, it does not matter because you are incapable of verifying the alleged surface curvature of any landmass or canal, because it's not there to measure up. How does that feel?

Plat,
The finer points aside, how far is it from San Francisco to Boston? Simple question. Should be simple for you to answer. If you can't answer the question, all of your memes and machinations are summarily moot. 

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #276 on: August 02, 2019, 11:58:25 PM »
No it's not!

Well, sue me for a typo. I meant twice as much. You just like to complain when you can.

Plat,
The finer points aside, how far is it from San Francisco to Boston? Simple question. Should be simple for you to answer. If you can't answer the question, all of your memes and machinations are summarily moot.
Stash, there is no need to continue the charade. Its over for you!

How far is it from San Francisco to Boston?

Plat Terra

« Reply #277 on: August 03, 2019, 12:00:20 AM »
No it's not!

Plat,

Stash, there is no need to continue the charade. Its over for you! It's Checkmate. BTW, how do you like my Avatar now?

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2019, 12:02:25 AM »
No it's not!

Plat,

Stash, there is no need to continue the charade. Its over for you! It's Checkmate. BTW, how do you like my Avatar now?

What charade? Simple question, how far is it from San Francisco to Boston? Why are you having a hard time answering such a simple question? I can answer the question, why can't you?

Plat Terra

« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2019, 12:05:03 AM »
The width of the United States is more than twice as long as the radius of your alleged Globe Earth Earth. Think about that with the phrase "Is a small world".
Citation needed (and clarification). Do you mean the great circle route going from the furthest east territory to the furthest west?

I do suggest that some of you here take a breath and a break and think about a few things.

Flooding on a round Earth works in basically the same way as your imaginary flat Earth.

Unless you are knowingly lying to everyone and intentionally presenting falsehoods.

The drop due to curvature doesn't make it below level. It is following level, so it doesn't mean water would magically flow.

I see you like to grab things from different areas to twist things.

I wonder how you will do when I get to the hoax of Gravity pulling to center of mass?

JackBlack

« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2019, 12:10:34 AM »
Well, sue me for a typo. You just like to complain when you can.
It wasn't a typo, it was a blatantly false statement.

It feels like you keep clinging to the same pathetic lies.
That isn't how you defeat people.

That makes me quite comfortable with my position as your inability to rationally object to it and resorting to these tactics shows it is likely a quite strong position.
The curvature has been verified countless times quantitatively and even more so qualitatively.

Do you know what hasn't been verified? That Earth is flat.

You mean exposing your contradictions.

You have previously stated that you accept that with a RE the water would follow the curve, but then you go post nonsense claiming that it can't flood because it should all flow downhill because of the curve.

What's wrong?
Don't you like your contradictions getting exposed?

I wonder how you will do when I get to the hoax of Gravity pulling to center of mass?
You mean the very real fact you have no rational counter to.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2019, 12:12:04 AM »

Why are you avoiding the question? We've been talking about distances and the validity and verification of such and you claim curvature has never been verified which means distances have never been verified.  You ask us for a lot of information and a lot has been given so just answer this simple question: So, to show you know a thing or two about distances and the validity of such, why don't you tell all of us how far is it from San Francisco to Boston?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2019, 12:15:44 AM »
You certainly need to "take a breath and a break and think about a few things"!

When can you learn a little about gravity on the Globe? Are you totally incapable of understanding anything that you've been told?

The oceans conform to the surface of the Globe and the Mean Sea Level essentially defines the shape of the earth.
Then the heights of the land are measured above that sea-level. So floods are no different from what you imagine on your fictitious flat earth.

You failure to understand this does affect the reality of anything in the slightest.

Any luck on that width of your fictitious flat earth or working out the path of your sun that explains what anyone can easily see?

Remember that you asked us "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?"
Well, until you explain all the points raised there's not the faintest chance of our accepting defeat - it ain't going o happen.

Continually posting miles of meaningless memes does your case no good at all!

PS What makes things fall down? Why does a feather fall at the same rate as a bowling ball in a vacuum?

Plat Terra

« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2019, 12:17:46 AM »
Well, sue me for a typo. You just like to complain when you can.
It wasn't a typo, it was a blatantly false statement.

It feels like you keep clinging to the same pathetic lies.
That isn't how you defeat people.

That makes me quite comfortable with my position as your inability to rationally object to it and resorting to these tactics shows it is likely a quite strong position.
The curvature has been verified countless times quantitatively and even more so qualitatively.

Do you know what hasn't been verified? That Earth is flat.

You mean exposing your contradictions.

You have previously stated that you accept that with a RE the water would follow the curve, but then you go post nonsense claiming that it can't flood because it should all flow downhill because of the curve.

What's wrong?
Don't you like your contradictions getting exposed?

You mean the very real fact you have no rational counter to.
But why would it flood if it flows with the curve? Hahahaha
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 12:52:11 AM by Plat Terra »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2019, 12:18:09 AM »
Simply claim that you have no idea what you are talking about! In other words, situation normal.

Plat Terra

« Reply #285 on: August 03, 2019, 12:49:06 AM »

When can you learn a little about gravity on the Globe? Are you totally incapable of understanding anything that you've been told?

The oceans conform to the surface of the Globe and the Mean Sea Level essentially defines the shape of the earth.
Then the heights of the land are measured above that sea-level. So floods are no different from what you imagine on your fictitious flat earth.

You failure to understand this does affect the reality of anything in the slightest.

Any luck on that width of your fictitious flat earth or working out the path of your sun that explains what anyone can easily see?

Well, until you explain all the points raised there's not the faintest chance of our accepting defeat - it ain't going o happen.

PS What makes things fall down? Why does a feather fall at the same rate as a bowling ball in a vacuum?

Again, nothing you bring up matters or will magically make landmass conform to a sphere. I can't even prove Earth has curvature, and that was my challenge from the beginning and I am a puzzle solver. I am an inventor that made a machine that was thought impossible to make.  So, If I can't prove curvature no one can. It's really a simple issue and a no brainer and I am no one special. 

BTW, we don't live in a vacuum.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 12:53:12 AM by Plat Terra »

Plat Terra

« Reply #286 on: August 03, 2019, 12:54:30 AM »
I do suggest that some of you here take a breath and a break and think about a few things. Take some time and use your imagination to see the lie you have been feed through media and the deceitful government’s agenda.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #287 on: August 03, 2019, 12:59:55 AM »

Again, nothing you bring up matters or will magically make landmass conform to a sphere. I can't even prove Earth has curvature, and that was my challenge from the beginning and I am a puzzle solver. I am an inventor that have made a machine that was thought impossible to make.  So, If I can't prove curvature no one can. It's really a simple issue and a no brainer and I am no one special. 

How would we expect you to prove Earth has curvature when you don't even know the distance between two cities. You're an inventor of a machine no one thought possible yet you can't determine how far one thing is from another?

For instance, how did you determine that the Panama Canal was 36 miles long? You claimed it was, but you don't know the distances between any other landmarks? Just the Canal?

It seems you are the one to accept defeat if a simple distance befuddles you. If you would like to prove otherwise and not accept defeat, then answer the very simple question posed. How far is it from San Francisco to Boston?

If you can't answer the question, we will gracefully accept your defeat.

Plat Terra

« Reply #288 on: August 03, 2019, 01:09:55 AM »

Again, nothing you bring up matters or will magically make landmass conform to a sphere. I can't even prove Earth has curvature, and that was my challenge from the beginning and I am a puzzle solver. I am an inventor that have made a machine that was thought impossible to make.  So, If I can't prove curvature no one can. It's really a simple issue and a no brainer and I am no one special. 

How would we expect you to prove Earth has curvature when you don't even know the distance between two cities. You're an inventor of a machine no one thought possible yet you can't determine how far one thing is from another?

For instance, how did you determine that the Panama Canal was 36 miles long? You claimed it was, but you don't know the distances between any other landmarks? Just the Canal?

It seems you are the one to accept defeat if a simple distance befuddles you. If you would like to prove otherwise and not accept defeat, then answer the very simple question posed. How far is it from San Francisco to Boston?

Paint it any way you like. I don't care.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #289 on: August 03, 2019, 01:14:54 AM »

Your defeat is gracefully accepted.

Plat Terra

« Reply #290 on: August 03, 2019, 01:32:02 AM »
It’s proper to know that the person who is trying to teach me has verified the foundation of their belief otherwise what good is their information?
They don't need to verify it with their own measurements.
They just need to know the evidence for it.

If you expected them to have verified it all themselves, then science teachers would have to spend their entire lives going out verifying each piece of science before being able to teach and then no one would ever be a science teacher.

Do you demand the same ridiculous standards for all other aspects of science, or just the ones you reject without cause?

Two bodies of water being joined together through any form at surface or below will equalize and have the same horizontal surface and not curve at any point.
Stop lying.
It has already been explained repeatedly that that is not the case. Level does not always mean flat.

If you wish to assert such nonsense the burden of proof is on you to show that water in large bodies is flat, not curved.

Now, do you have any evidence to support your claims, or are you only capable of shifting the burden of proof and ignoring the evidence provided?

I will express it in another way.
Those who come here seeking truth need to know that no one in the Globe Community has ever verified the claim Earth has the surface curvature in relation to a 3959 mile radius. And yet everyone follows it blindly, without any verification. This is why I said “you.”

Truth seekers need to know people accept the Globe Earth theory in the same manner and way as fairytales, gossip and hearsay is accepted and passed down throughout history and through agenda driven media and Elites. 

The Globe Earth theory is also accepted in the same manner as all traditions passed down through history right or wrong, such as political affiliation, membership into a club and other . It is accepted because of traditions without question.

Soon, if not all ready, you, your children  and grandchildren will believe in more than two-genders also, not because it’s true and has been verified, but because it’s the way of mainstream. You probable already believe in global warming hoax too, right?

Yes, anyone can look a large body of water such as a ocean and see a curve? No, they see a horizontal (flat straight) line where sky meets ocean. There is nothing in our natural surroundings reveal Earth is a sphere spinning 1000 MPH and hurling through space. No motion, no turbulence and nothing curved at a distance.

So you better verify that surface curvature and make sure it conforms to a sphere as claimed, because your numbers are dwindling.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #291 on: August 03, 2019, 01:42:46 AM »
So you better verify that surface curvature and make sure it conforms to a sphere as claimed, because your numbers are dwindling.

So you better verify that you can state the distance between two points and make sure it conforms to a flat earth as claimed, because your dwindling credibility depends on it.

« Reply #292 on: August 03, 2019, 02:06:05 AM »

Which brings us to the summary of your argument. "La la la la la la I can't hear you" he says with his fingers in his ears and his eyes shut tight.

JackBlack

« Reply #293 on: August 03, 2019, 03:08:13 AM »
But why would it flood if it flows with the curve?
For the same reasons it would if Earth was flat.

I can't even prove Earth has curvature
Just because you can't doesn't mean no one can.
Plenty of people have done so, without even needing any fancy tools.

I am an inventor that made a machine that was thought impossible to make.
I am no one special.
Troll harder.

That's right, we live in Earth's atmosphere.
That isn't a vacuum.

As I said before, repeating the same lie wont help your case.
Repeating the same post as before wont help either.
Ignoring the refutation of it won't help either.

You have no case.

All you have are a collection of baseless claims and strawmen.

You have provided nothing to challenge the reality of Earth being round.

« Reply #294 on: August 03, 2019, 04:01:16 AM »
Ughhhh.
Few points here since a whole lot of nonsense has happened overnight.

1.Units units units!.
Plata needs to go back to school and learn units.

2.When standing on a ball.
Look left, look right.
The plane of sight of the horizon is a level line because it is the same distance to your eyeball all around.
Whats not the same, is the sectional line of sight going away from you as this line folows the edge of the ball.

3.a.Your floods misconceptipn can be moved to another thread as it only gives you further chances to dodge and redirect.

3.b.Your gravity teaser is a pathetic attempt to dodgr and redirect.

4.How far is san fran to boston?
I woud like to know what stash is on about.

5.quit complaiinng about mirages and take multiple photos over multiple days and record the weather for time, dtybulb, wetbulb.   No one stopping you so quit your complaining.   Its called science.   Its called observation.    I believe your patronizingly stated it several timss now.

6.you invented something that couldnt be invented and redefined civil enginerring?   Great.   We look forward to seeing you on the cover of Times magazine.   Gtfo.

?

frenat

« Reply #295 on: August 03, 2019, 05:41:20 AM »
If we lived on a sphere the horizon would curve from center left to right, but it doesn’t even at balloon heights of 100,000’plus and the Red bull Jump.
But on a sphere of 12740 km diameter just how much should the horizon curve from center left to right? That is the  important question.

And even Red Bull's 39 km is only 0.3% of the diameter of the earth so you tell us just how much.
You say "but it doesn’t even at balloon heights of 100,000’ plus and the Red bull Jump".

Can you honestly claim to see enough of the horizon in you Felix Baumgartner's photo to claim that the horizon is flat?

Of course you can't!

Compared with the other photo I posted with it, yes. And did you notice the horizon Felix sees is at eye level?

How can you tell it is at "eye level" and not just the camera is positioned to make it look that way?  Have you done ANY tests of your own?

This guy did and showed the horizon is below eye level. You could do the same or get a theolodite app for your phone. I'm betting you won't though.

?

frenat

« Reply #296 on: August 03, 2019, 05:54:40 AM »
I do suggest that some of you here take a breath and a break and think about a few things. Take some time and use your imagination to see the lie you have been feed through media and the deceitful government’s agenda.

further proof you don't understand the subject or you're just trolling. A change in elevation is NOT the same as a drop due to curvature.

?

frenat

« Reply #297 on: August 03, 2019, 05:56:42 AM »

I'm betting when you do it will further show you don't understand the subject. Should be entertaining!

?

frenat

« Reply #298 on: August 03, 2019, 05:59:36 AM »
I am an inventor that made a machine that was thought impossible to make.

citation needed.

So, If I can't prove curvature no one can. It's really a simple issue and a no brainer and I am no one special
the irony of this contradiction is HILARIOUS

« Reply #299 on: August 03, 2019, 06:00:44 AM »
It’s proper to know that the person who is trying to teach me has verified the foundation of their belief otherwise what good is their information?
They don't need to verify it with their own measurements.
They just need to know the evidence for it.

If you expected them to have verified it all themselves, then science teachers would have to spend their entire lives going out verifying each piece of science before being able to teach and then no one would ever be a science teacher.

Do you demand the same ridiculous standards for all other aspects of science, or just the ones you reject without cause?

Two bodies of water being joined together through any form at surface or below will equalize and have the same horizontal surface and not curve at any point.
Stop lying.
It has already been explained repeatedly that that is not the case. Level does not always mean flat.

If you wish to assert such nonsense the burden of proof is on you to show that water in large bodies is flat, not curved.

Now, do you have any evidence to support your claims, or are you only capable of shifting the burden of proof and ignoring the evidence provided?

Those who come here seeking truth need to know that no one in the Globe Community has ever verified the claim Earth has the surface curvature in relation to a 3959 mile radius. And yet everyone follows it blindly, without any verification. This is why I said “you.”

Truth seekers need to know people accept the Globe Earth theory in the same manner and way as fairytales, gossip and hearsay is accepted and passed down throughout history and through agenda driven media and Elites. 

The Globe Earth theory is also accepted in the same manner as all traditions passed down through history right or wrong, such as political affiliation, membership into a club and other . It is accepted because of traditions without question.

Soon, if not all ready, you, your children  and grandchildren will believe in more than two-genders also, not because it’s true and has been verified, but because it’s the way of mainstream. You probable already believe in global warming hoax too, right?

Yes, anyone can look a large body of water such as a ocean and see a curve? No, they see a horizontal (flat straight) line where sky meets ocean. There is nothing in our natural surroundings reveal Earth is a sphere spinning 1000 MPH and hurling through space. No motion, no turbulence and nothing curved at a distance.

Lol! Anyone can look out over the ocean and potentially see the effect of the curve with ships for example,  disappearing bottom first (the way you would expect on a spherical planet).

The movement of the sun, moon, and stars are in our natural environment and reveal the earth is spinning 1000mph. Earths seasons are also part of our natural environment and reveal our planet is hurtling through space in it's eliptical orbit around the sun.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe you don't believe in Santa, the tooth fairy, or the Easter bunny.