When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2019, 09:02:19 AM »
But none of you have actually verified a flat Earth!

We have pictures!
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2019, 09:18:04 AM »
Is that big blue bulge supposed to be water? Why have you piled it up like that?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2019, 09:28:24 AM »

I really think that before asking a question like "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?" you need to learn a little about the Globe that you are trying to debunk.

You are absolutely right! No one sees even the absolute obvious things. For example. The Bible is written - in plain text. God created the sun and the three moons. Three, not one! And now there is only one. People used to see three moons in the sky. The question is - how many people believe now that there were three moons? You can even create a society who believe that there was always only one moon. Since we see her alone. But the truth is that there were three of them ... So with flat land. You do not see everything, but argue and fight with sticks. I feel sorry for you.
Can you give a reference for " three moons"....?......Book, Chapter, Verse ?.....
Or was it in another Bible ?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:51:40 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2019, 09:30:59 AM »
Plat Terra, I really shouldn't say this, but you seem to be a hopeless case ! .😁

The height of the gates and the water level at the gates proves Earth is not a sphere but a Plane. You don't need a wall that high and gates that high to hold the water back on a sphere, but you do if Earth is a Plane. It's common engineering sense and a no brainer.

NASA can't help them, fake pictures and fake moon landings cannot rescue them. 

No argument they have is going to magically make the oceans curve and flood the Panama Canal, no matter what they say or do.  It’s not going to happen.  After reading this if one continues to defend a Globe Earth theory, they are just professional deniers who really don’t care for truth.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 09:53:16 AM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2019, 09:45:20 AM »
Plat Terra, I really shouldn't say this, but you seem to be a hopeless case ! .😁

The height of the gates and the water level at the gates proves Earth is not a sphere but Plane. You don't need a wall that high at the gates to hold the water back on a sphere but you do if Earth is a Plane. It's common engineering sense and a no brainer.

No argument they have is going to magically make the oceans curve and flood the Panama Canal, no matter what they say or do.  It’s not going to happen.  After reading this if one continues to defend a Globe Earth theory, they are just professional deniers who really don’t care for truth.

We know the earth is a sphere.
You simply don't  know what you are talking about and seem to have no grasp on reality.
We have tried to explain it but you don't seem to be getting it ?
The Panama Canal is above sea level.
People who work in the real world really know that the shape of the earth is not some flat disc and really know and have to know that the earth is a globe.
It is too bad that, as you have stated, that neither you nor any of your relatives have ever been to sea or apparently have never  been to a place on land near the sea.
If you had, you would have had the opportunity to observe how the horizon is is evidence of the curvature of the earth.
Would you be any happier if all the RE's departed this website and left it just to and for  you FE's ?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 10:47:58 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #95 on: July 31, 2019, 09:52:12 AM »

Another re accepts defeat.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2019, 09:55:11 AM »

Another re accepts defeat.

I accept defeat at trying to make sense of anything from a FE .😁

Chorus:

Plat Terra

« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2019, 09:55:41 AM »
Is that big blue bulge supposed to be water? Why have you piled it up like that?

Please see my first post in this thread.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »

I really think that before asking a question like "When will RE Community Accept Defeat?" you need to learn a little about the Globe that you are trying to debunk.

You are absolutely right! No one sees even the absolute obvious things. For example. The Bible is written - in plain text. God created the sun and the three moons. Three, not one! And now there is only one. People used to see three moons in the sky. The question is - how many people believe now that there were three moons? You can even create a society who believe that there was always only one moon. Since we see her alone. But the truth is that there were three of them ... So with flat land. You do not see everything, but argue and fight with sticks. I feel sorry for you.
Can you give a reference for " three moons"....?......Book, Chapter, Verse ?.....

In view of the fact that all languages ​​are descended from a single parent language - Etruscan. And the translation from the original source was trimmed. Mainly due to the fact that vowels were not written in Etruscan and were voiced by the reader only during the reading. And in mind that the first chapters of the Bible on the creation of the world were the very first, then the translation was made from simple texts. From the Vedas you can learn only additional information that complements the Bible. Therefore, here is an approximate full sound of the text about the moon.
This is what is written after the distorted translation from Etruscan. Genesis - 1.
And God created two great lights: a greater light, to control the day, and a smaller light, to control the night, and stars;
And God set them up in the firmament of heaven, to shine upon the earth, and to rule day and night, and to separate the light from the darkness.

Correct translation
And then He created the sun Yarilo, and the big moon called the Month and the two moons, the small Fata and Lelia, which shone like stars, and put them on the firmament of the sky which is the luminiferous ether. To shine on the earth, and to manage day and night.
Two moons had a hydrosphere, because although they were small, they shone like stars in the night sky.
So here it is. Read learn. The same with flat land. The fall on the earth of the moon Fata fully proves that the earth is a ball, since the fall of its debris corresponds to the fall of objects from the orbit of the earth when the earth moved on its axis. So flat earthlings cry, you can not refute this.
The earth believes, because magic exists!

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2019, 10:51:19 AM »
But none of you have actually verified a flat Earth!

We have pictures!

You, too, will not be able to say that a flat space does not bend around closing on itself. You see only the consequence - which causes the earth to be a ball. None of us can imagine how the 5th dimension works. Our laws of physics are only a consequence of a standing wave set - the all-seeing eye is something that slightly resembles how the waves intersect creating our world. So the earth ball is not the fact that it really is.
The earth believes, because magic exists!

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2019, 10:51:51 AM »

In view of the fact that all languages ​​are descended from a single parent language - Etruscan. And the translation from the original source was trimmed. Mainly due to the fact that vowels were not written in Etruscan and were voiced by the reader only during the reading. And in mind that the first chapters of the Bible on the creation of the world were the very first, then the translation was made from simple texts. From the Vedas you can learn only additional information that complements the Bible. Therefore, here is an approximate full sound of the text about the moon.
This is what is written after the distorted translation from Etruscan. Genesis - 1.
And God created two great lights: a greater light, to control the day, and a smaller light, to control the night, and stars;
And God set them up in the firmament of heaven, to shine upon the earth, and to rule day and night, and to separate the light from the darkness.

Correct translation
And then He created the sun Yarilo, and the big moon called the Month and the two moons, the small Fata and Lelia, which shone like stars, and put them on the firmament of the sky which is the luminiferous ether. To shine on the earth, and to manage day and night.
Two moons had a hydrosphere, because although they were small, they shone like stars in the night sky.
So here it is. Read learn. The same with flat land. The fall on the earth of the moon Fata fully proves that the earth is a ball, since the fall of its debris corresponds to the fall of objects from the orbit of the earth when the earth moved on its axis. So flat earthlings cry, you can not refute this.

Thanks for your explanation.

Chorus:

Plat Terra

« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2019, 11:02:36 AM »
There is no curvature engineered into the Panama Canal. But when you add curvature it becomes flooded.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:04:08 AM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2019, 11:10:49 AM »
There is no curvature engineered into the Panama Canal. But when you add curvature it becomes flooded.

The problem is you don't even understand what you are trying to debunk. If you did, you wouldn't keep spouting all that

And just like a kid with fingers in his ears singing "la la la la I can't hear you" you refuse to listen to explanations.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:12:30 AM by SpaceCadet »

Plat Terra

« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2019, 11:19:16 AM »

The problem is you don't even understand what you are trying to debunk. If you did, you wouldn't keep spouting all that

And just like a kid with fingers in his ears singing "la la la la I can't hear you" you refuse to listen to explanations.

In a spherical world engineers would include curvature in their engineering profiles and drawings. Are you seeing it yet?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 11:39:32 AM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2019, 11:42:22 AM »
they do.

https://flatearth.ws/verrazano-narrows

https://flatearth.ws/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/verrazano-narrows-1.jpg

For projects that extend over a long distance, like roads, railroads, canals, etc., they are built along the curvature of the Earth, and specifically accounting for the curvature is usually not needed.

But when the project extends on a long distance, as well as extending upwards, then we have no choice but to take the curvature of the Earth into account. One of such projects is the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, New York, United States.

but do go on in your tomB fashion and hold onto your one misconception as the basis of your failed argument.

Plat Terra

« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2019, 11:58:37 AM »
they do.

For projects that extend over a long distance, like roads, railroads, canals, etc., they are built along the curvature of the Earth, and specifically accounting for the curvature is usually not needed.

But when the project extends on a long distance, as well as extending upwards, then we have no choice but to take the curvature of the Earth into account. One of such projects is the Verrazano-Narrows Bridge, New York, United States.

but do go on in your tomB fashion and hold onto your one misconception as the basis of your failed argument.

Yeah, and I would be ashamed of myself for claiming and defending that blunder. I know they now claim it's the columns but anything can be tweaked to give people a illusion or thought of a Globe. Your bridge means and proves nothing, except it does prove if Earth were a Globe all bridges would be engineered for Globe curvature and not a gimmick one.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 12:14:48 PM by Plat Terra »

Crutchwater

« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2019, 12:17:25 PM »
Why would you expect the water to follow the same curve as the bridge?

Is the towers that account for the curvature.

Crutchwater

« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2019, 12:21:58 PM »
"Its monumental 693 foot high towers are 1 5/8 inches farther apart at their tops than at their bases because the 4,260 foot distance between them made it necessary to compensate for the earth’s curvature."

https://nyfacts.com/verrazano-narrows-bridge/

Plat Terra

« Reply #108 on: July 31, 2019, 12:22:09 PM »

Did you miss I said this?   "I know they now claim it's the columns but anything can be tweaked to give people a illusion or thought of a Globe."

Crutchwater

« Reply #109 on: July 31, 2019, 12:24:28 PM »
But why?

Why would there need to be an illusion or thought of a globe?

What is the motivation??

Crutchwater

« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2019, 12:29:55 PM »

Did you miss I said this?   "I know they now claim it's the columns but anything can be tweaked to give people a illusion or thought of a Globe."

And your lame meme seems to indicate that you expect the water to follow the curve of the span.

Try again, flattie!

« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2019, 12:41:02 PM »
Yes seriously plata.
You claim the red line should show us a ~1in curve to it?
You picture shows ~13,700ft of span with ~690ft of tower hieght.
You think the cam lense would show a 1in?
Really?
Go buy some lottery tickets - youre really good at math.
I expect you see you on the cover of the next "civil engineers digest" with the caption "youre doing it wrong".

« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2019, 12:42:46 PM »
Not forgetting to mwntiom the thickness of your line is similar to the thick ess of the road part of the bridge itself.
You may have an accuracy issue if trying to measure 1in.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2019, 03:04:39 PM »

The height of the gates and the water level at the gates proves Earth is not a sphere but a Plane. You don't need a wall that high and gates that high to hold the water back on a sphere, but you do if Earth is a Plane. It's common engineering sense and a no brainer.

Have you ever looked at pictures of the  Panama Canal ?

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2019, 03:13:07 PM »
The center of Panama Canal (18 miles) on Gatun Lake is 3,828 Miles
from center of an alleged Globe Earth with a 3,959 mile radius.

The "3828 miles" is the wrong part that confused you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, this might help you get the real picture:

a = 3963.19 miles
b = 3949.9 miles
(2a + b) / 3 = 3958.76 miles

Nope. Not going to work no matter how you twist it. Gatun Lake is 85 miles above both Oceans sea level, no matter how far sea level  is to the center of Earth at that location. The calculation to center of Earth at that location will still put the Panama Canal under water.  18 miles is not going to make any difference. You are being intellectually dishonest. You should know better.

If Gatun Lake is 85 miles (sic) above sea level , how could it be under water ?
Possibly you made a typo error - Gatun Lake is 85 feet above sea level.
Still if something is above sea level, how could it be under water ?

Chorus:

Macarios

« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2019, 03:14:09 PM »
In a spherical world engineers would include curvature in their engineering profiles and drawings. Are you seeing it yet?

In spherical world engineers measure from Mean Sea Level.
Not from some imaginary straight line underground.
Not from some point 18 miles away.

Engineers know that builders will measure from Mean Sea Level as well.
Not from that imaginary straight line.

For that straight line nobody cares in reality.
It means nothing.

Mean Sea Level is the level where the water would be if there was no land there.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 03:18:50 PM by Macarios »
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #116 on: July 31, 2019, 03:22:29 PM »
Maybe plata doesnt know jow to survey.
Two guys start at the beach holding survey sticks.
They slowly leap frogging inland.
One point is recorded in relation to the last.
So the end, they have an estimated ft above sea level.

?

frenat

« Reply #117 on: July 31, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
they do.

Yeah, and I would be ashamed of myself for claiming and defending that blunder. I know they now claim it's the columns but anything can be tweaked to give people a illusion or thought of a Globe. Your bridge means and proves nothing, except it does prove if Earth were a Globe all bridges would be engineered for Globe curvature and not a gimmick one.

the curvature on your pic would be far less than a degree. but thanks for proving again that you have no clue what you're talking about.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #118 on: July 31, 2019, 03:26:40 PM »

Do you understand how locks and Gates on a canal are used to raise or lower a ship ?
In the Panama Canal different sets of locks and gates raise the ship up to the elevations of the lakes from  one ocean  and then lower the ship back down to the other ocean.

Chorus:

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #119 on: July 31, 2019, 03:27:08 PM »
Maybe plata doesnt know jow to survey.
Two guys start at the beach holding survey sticks.
They slowly leap frogging inland.
One point is recorded in relation to the last.
So the end, they have an estimated ft above sea level.

Maybe themightykabool needs to stop spamming