When will RE Community Accept Defeat?

• 1981 Replies

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
Re: When will RE Community Accept Defeat?
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2019, 11:52:33 PM »
The drop in curvature at 18 miles is 216’.  That places Earth’s curvature at 216’ (3962 miles from center of Earth) feet above each coastline at center.
That also places Gatun Lake 131’ below Earths alleged 3962 mile radius marker.

You are insisting on the same mistake:

Those 85 feet of Gatun, and those 54 feet of Miraflores are measured from sea level,
not from flat plane that would connect Atlantic and Pacific under it.

Sea level is where your blue arc is on your image, and Gatun and Miraflores are 85 and 54 feet above it.

No, I am bypassing our sea level, and I am measuring from Each Coast line going to your center. The 85' is above both coastlines and I then add your fake curvature in between the shorelines to complete the your radius. That places Gatun below your fake curve.

If there were 200 miles between coastlines and the lake was still at 85' above each coastlines and at center (100 miles) the Lake would be 6669' below your imaginary curve. Are you seeing it yet?

You did bypass the sea level.

People who measured 85 and 54 feet didn't bypass the sea level.

See where your discrepancy is?

You are ignoring this.

If there were 200 miles between coastlines and the lake was still at 85' above each coastlines and at center (100 miles) the Lake would be 6669' below your imaginary curve. Are you seeing it yet?

Still wrong:

You are still pushing wrong measuring origin.

It is measured from local sea level, not from some sea somewhere else (over there at the coast).

What measures would you get if you measure from the level of the Indian ocean?
(Or from Cuba in Atlantic and Hawaii in Pacific?)

This is where are those 85 and 54 feet.
M is not 54 feet.
G is not 85 feet.

You are ignoring the Curvature drop over 36 miles. Why? None of your diagrams include the curvature drop? Why?

Where is the curvature drop of 216' at 18 miles?

What do you mean exactly by 'curvature drop'?

You should know that.

You have the lake at 301' above each Ocean, why? Its supposed to be 85' above each ocean at the center of the canal

It's supposed to be above the LOCAL sea level.
And it is.
Above the level where the water would be if you removed the ground.

No it does not work that way. You have it 301' above each Ocean and are measuring 216 + 85 from each ocean.  Elevation maps have only it at 85' above each Ocean and that's why if Earth were a sphere the Canal would be under 131' of sea water.

Nor can you or anyone else actually verify the canal has the 216' of curvature bulge at center as you claim. If you could you would, but can't, because it's not there. Thanks and good night!

PS, Read my signature again!

The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2019, 12:00:26 AM »
look up how lock systems work.

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2019, 01:24:57 AM »
In answer to your question, plat, the re community will accept defeat when an asteroid collides with our spinning ball planet and flattens it.

Until that happens - never. But don't worry, I'm sure you and your 70 other staunch flat earth believers will manage to convince maybe one or two more people of the 7.7 billion people on the planet right now, their world isn't a globe.

In the meantime, how about learning how flat and level are two completely different things, and that level means to be perpendicular to the force of gravity. Your water in the canal is level in accordance with the gravity of a great big ball.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2019, 02:35:14 AM »
No it does not work that way. You have it 301' above each Ocean and are measuring 216 + 85 from each ocean.
But elevations are not measured above your straight line joining the nearest oceans.
The elevations on contour maps are based on where Mean Sea Level would be if a canal/watercourse were extended to that point.
It is the job of geodetic surveyors to determine local reference points, Geodetic Datums, showing precise latitude,  longitude and height above (or below) Mean Sea Level.

Quote from: Plat Terra
Elevation maps have only it at 85' above each Ocean
No, the elevations on elevation maps are not measured above the straight line joining each Ocean.

Quote from: Plat Terra
and that's why if Earth were a sphere the Canal would be under 131' of sea water.           
Hence the Canal would be not be under 131' of sea water.  Elevations along the canal route are measured above the level the oceans would have if extended along the route of the canal.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2019, 02:56:34 AM »
The drop in curvature at 18 miles is 216’.  That places Earth’s curvature at 216’ (3962 miles from center of Earth) feet above each coastline at center.

Those 85 feet of Gatun, and those 54 feet of Miraflores are measured from sea level,

Sea level is where your blue arc is on your image, and Gatun and Miraflores are 85 and 54 feet above it.

No, I am bypassing our sea level, and I am measuring from Each Coast line going to your center. The 85' is above both coastlines and I then add your fake curvature in between the shorelines to complete the your radius. That places Gatun below your fake curve.

You are ignoring this.

Still wrong:

It is measured from local sea level, not from some sea somewhere else (over there at the coast).

M is not 54 feet.
G is not 85 feet.

You are ignoring the Curvature drop over 36 miles. Why? None of your diagrams include the curvature drop? Why?

You should know that.

You have the lake at 301' above each Ocean, why? Its supposed to be 85' above each ocean at the center of the canal

And it is.

No it does not work that way. You have it 301' above each Ocean and are measuring 216 + 85 from each ocean.  Elevation maps have only it at 85' above each Ocean and that's why if Earth were a sphere the Canal would be under 131' of sea water.

Nor can you or anyone else actually verify the canal has the 216' of curvature bulge at center as you claim. If you could you would, but can't, because it's not there. Thanks and good night!

Yeah, it does work that way, in the globe model. Before you get your knickers all bunched up in a knot, what I am saying is that you need to know and understand what you arguing against in order to effectively argue against it. Clearly, in this case, you don't.

As Macarios has painstakingly laid out and diagrammed, in the globe model, for simplicity sake, the elevation point is 0 at mean sea level. For lack of a better descriptor, that's where we start counting upwards in terms of how high shit is. Example, Everest. How tall? 29k feet and a handful of nickels. What's that based on? Mean sea level. Is there a goddamned sea anywhere near Everest? No. It's based upon what the mean sea level would be as it would slice through the base of the mountain...on a globe earth, arcing, ever so slightly because earth is massive.

Panama Canal. Atlantic side mean seal level 0. Pacific side, mean sea level 0. Mean sea level (MSL) continues as a line all the way from Pacific to Atlantic. Now imagine, Globe theory, the mean sea level is still arcing, the whatever you call it Panama Canal lake is at a water level 85' above MSL. The 216' feet of earth bulge is neither here nor there because it represents you looking straight through the spherical earth 36 miles away. You're looking straight through the arc of a sphere. If you simply walked along the contour of the sphere at MSL the lake level would continue to be 85' above you.

Understand first what one theory, in this case, Globe, purports. Then devise your argument against it. What you're doing is making up how one theory wouldn't work without knowing how that theory actually works. We've all done that. But we've all been called out on it too. And now is your time to be called out for not knowing a thing about what your talking about.

Heavenly Breeze

• Pegasus from Gaul
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2019, 03:49:12 AM »
Everything is very simple. Then when will remove a security classification from documents on the 5th measurement. And as it to us will not be allowed to make so far at our level of development. After Fata - the small moon fell to the ground. That people will be misled. That people did not destroy themselves. Everything is very simple.
The earth believes, because magic exists!

kopfverderber

• Globularist
« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2019, 07:55:02 AM »
You must gather your party before venturing forth

Plat Terra

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2019, 08:49:25 AM »

You are ignoring this.

Still wrong:

M is not 54 feet.
G is not 85 feet.

You should know that.

And it is.

Yeah, it does work that way, in the globe model.

Yeah, that's how it works in the Globe Earth MODEL ON PAPER. But in real time the center of the Panama is not 216' (alleged curvature) + 85' above both oceans, but is only 85'.

If you actually attempted to verified the 216' of curvature bulge between the two oceans on this Earth you would come up 216' short. This is why you guys actually ignore proving you live on a spinning ball through curvature verification. What you have on paper does not match real time.
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2019, 09:09:20 AM »
...and you have verified this Panama Canal theory yourself?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Macarios

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2019, 09:09:40 AM »

I clearly showed you where is the drop of 216 feet.
It is below the sea level.

Between the sea level and the plane connecting the coast lines.

EDIT: My mistake, and my apologies.

The drop is 216 feet, but from the local horizontal line at one coast.
The bulge is smaller.
The bulge is 53 feet high.

Several hours ago I corrected my mistake in this post above.

The distance of 18 miles has bulge of 53 ft.
The 216 ft is the drop on another side from the horizontal line from one side.
(Not even from the line of sight, unless your eyes are at sea level.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there was no land, then the water would take its level in the shape of smooth ellipsoid.
Land submerged in that water is higher than that ellipsoid (the sea level) and the elevation is measured from that ellipsoid.

I already asked you what would be the values if you measured from Indian ocean?
By now you already understand why I asked that.
It is also sea level there.

But only local sea level is what counts,
not from 9 miles away from coastal line,
not from 615 miles away from Jamaica,
not from 1000 miles away from Galapagos.

From the level that would sea have right there, if there was no land.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

Plat Terra

« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2019, 09:22:40 AM »

I clearly showed you where is the drop of 216 feet with a distance of 36 miles between points.
It is below the sea level.

Between the sea level and the plane connecting the coast lines.

EDIT: My mistake, and my apologies.

The drop is 216 feet, but from the local horizontal line at one coast.
The bulge is smaller.
The bulge is 53 feet high.

Several hours ago I corrected my mistake in this post above.

The distance of 18 miles has bulge of 53 ft.
The 216 ft is the drop on another side from the horizontal line from one side.
(Not even from the line of sight, unless your eyes are at sea level.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there was no land, then the water would take its level in the shape of smooth ellipsoid.
Land submerged in that water is higher than that ellipsoid (the sea level) and the elevation is measured from that ellipsoid.

I already asked you what would be the values if you measured from Indian ocean?
By now you already understand why I asked that.
It is also sea level there.

But only local sea level is what counts,
not from 9 miles away from coastal line,
not from 615 miles away from Jamaica,
not from 1000 miles away from Galapagos.

From the level that would sea have right there, if there was no land.

No. A bulge of 53' does not match a 3959 mile radius with a distance of 36 miles between points. 

Tell me, how much curvature should be over the Sues Canal and how much is actually there?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 09:28:01 AM by Plat Terra »

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2019, 09:30:22 AM »
Plat seems to be hung up on taking a measurement based on the general diameter of the world.
Plat
In your math, do you include for mountains?
And valleys?
Please reference where it is said thr world is perfectly shaped.

Plat Terra

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2019, 09:52:48 AM »
Elevation maps have the Panama Canals curvature bulge 85' at center between a distance of 36 miles. The Panama Canal is 85' above each Ocean. No more or less.

So, whats the new radius of Earth that matches a 85' bulge with a distance of 36 miles in between the two oceans?

Macarios

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2019, 09:53:53 AM »
It confused me for the moment when you mentioned 18 miles.
Sorry.

This is right set of values.

Which means this is correct representation of measurements:

Let me repeat:

All elevations everywhere are measured from the Local Sea Level, not from some existing sea water somewhere else.

Plat Terra

« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2019, 10:02:19 AM »
Sorry.

Let me repeat:

All elevations everywhere are measured from the Local Sea Level, not from some existing sea water somewhere else.

We both  make mistakes.  ;)

So, what should the surface curvature bulge of the Suez Canal be and what is the actually surface curvature bulge in reality? And does it match a 3959 mile radius?

Macarios

« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2019, 10:03:58 AM »
Elevation maps have the Panama Canals curvature bulge 85' at center between a distance of 36 miles. The Panama Canal is 85' above each Ocean. No more or less.

So, whats the new radius of Earth that matches a 85' bulge with a distance of 36 miles in between the two oceans?

These are distances from Earth center at the key points along Panama Canal:

Plat Terra

« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2019, 10:10:03 AM »
Sorry.

Let me repeat:

Oh, but the center of the Canal is 85' above each coastline. You have it at 301' above each coast. This does not agree with current elevation maps because they do not include Earth's alleged curvature.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2019, 10:30:27 AM »
Here's a very exaggerated depiction of how the cross section of the canal would look. I'm not sure how this is different from what Marcarios has shown, but it tries to show the elevation of the topography of the canal in relation to the two oceans. It's how the globe model works:

Stash-
My many thanks to you for your drawing.
IMO this shows the best explanation of the true topography of the canal in relation to the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
Possibly the only criticism is the land mass elevations are exaggerated in relation to the rest of the scale of the drawing.
Macarios has put a lot of work in trying to explain where the errors are in PlatTerra's drawings too.

I think this whole Panama Canal subject seems rather simple to anyone who has ever studied it in some of their history classes.
As I best remember we got into the details such as how the locks raised the ships from 0 sea level to 85 feet above sea level, etc., somewhere around the 7th Grade in Elementary School History Class. And even more so in College.
But it seems some of the  FE's have missed the boat on things that seem so simple to RE's.
It's my own "IMHO" but I think the real question of this topic should not be "When will the RE Community Accept Defeat ?" but should be "When will the FE Community Accept Defeat" ?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:07:10 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Macarios

« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2019, 10:44:43 AM »
Oh, but the center of the Canal is 85' above each coastline. You have it at 301' above each coast. This does not agree with current elevation maps because they do not include Earth's alleged curvature.

Not above Coast Line, that's what I'm trying to tell you from the beginning.
The Coast Line is 18 miles away.

The 85 feet above Sea Level is measured right there, at the center of the canal.
That's not the same thing.

Sea Level and Flat Plane are two different things.
On global scale Sea Level (the reference surface) is not flat, it has the shape of the oblate spheroid.

Stash gave much better diagram of the Canal in his reply.
Googleotomy quoted it right above this.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2019, 10:46:08 AM »
Sorry.

Let me repeat:

Elevation is defined as " The height above Mean Sea Level '' .
The Elevation at the center of the Canal is 85 feet above sea level.
The Elevation at the Coast Line is sea level or 0 feet.
What is so hard to understand that ?
You just have to get over believing thinking that the earth is flat . The "flat plane" has nothing to do with the elevation.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:14:54 AM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2019, 10:56:58 AM »
MATH
It's not for everyone!

« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2019, 11:10:09 AM »
MATH
It's not for everyone!

Marcos needsto admit defeat.
Plata is a true TomB disciple.

Macarios

« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2019, 11:14:29 AM »
It's my own "IMHO" but I think the real question of this topic should not be "When will the RE Community Accept Defeat ?" but should be "When will the FE Community Accept Defeat" ?

I might be wrong, but I don't see these things as a matter of "victory" and "defeat".
At least not directly.

Flat Earth movement will never stop.
Not completely.
There will always be some people who will try to gain some attention/benefit through it,
and their followers who will believe them and try to defend their "views".

Explaining the reality to followers will not defeat the followers.
It will defeat the deceivers who (deliberately or accidentally) misinformed them.

?

frenat

« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2019, 11:46:29 AM »
It's late. Simple mistake. I had miles instead of 131 feet in my write up. My Meme is still correct the Panama Canal wouldn't exist if Earth were a sphere.

Both the coastlines of Atlantic and Pacific are at 0' Sea level and both are 3,962 miles from Earths alleged center.
The distance between Oceans with the Panama Canal in-between is about 36 Miles.
The center of Panama Canal is about 18 miles from the coast on Gatun Lake and is 85’ above each Ocean shoreline.
That means if Earth were a Globe, the Panama Canal could not exist because Gatun Lake would be under 131’ of sea water at 18 miles from the Coast. The Canal exists because water does not curve.

It’s that simple, we won. We really never lost. Earth Remains a flat Plane with mountains, hills and valleys and sea level bodies of water.

But the real question is, when is the Globe community going to accept defeat?

all you've shown is you don't understand the subject. Thanks for the humor!

Macarios

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2019, 11:57:09 AM »
At the very bottom we have the same thing, just with another configuration.
The sea gull is 100 feet above the water.

Coastal lines at Panama City and Isla Pedro Gonzales are 46.02 miles apart.
Curvature bulge is 353 feet.

Is the sea gull 100 feet, or 453 feet above sea level?
Will you measure from coast line, or from current location?

The main question is:
Does it matter if there is some soil higher than the water under the sea gull, or not?

Plat Terra

« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2019, 12:34:50 PM »
At the very bottom we have the same thing, just with another configuration.
The sea gull is 100 feet above the water.

Coastal lines at Panama City and Isla Pedro Gonzales are 46.02 miles apart.
Curvature bulge is 353 feet.

Is the sea gull 100 feet, or 453 feet above sea level?
Will you measure from coast line, or from current location?

The main question is:
Does it matter if there is some soil higher than the water under the sea gull, or not?

When you have actually proved the center of the Panama Canal is 301' above the both Coastlines....(which actually verifies curvature)

and when you have actually verified the alleged 216' of surface curvature bulge (at center) between the two oceans, then you will have something important to say and be a hero for the Globe community. But you can't. Why?

Top maps and elevations maps do not included alleged surface curvature. If they did, the center of the canal would be placed at 301' on the map in some way like your "underground plane connecting oceans" diagram, instead of just 85' above each ocean.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 12:40:32 PM by Plat Terra »

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2019, 12:40:03 PM »
Why is it so hard for you to grasp simple concepts?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Plat Terra

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2019, 12:42:47 PM »

Why is it so hard for all of you to actually verify the alleged surface curvature of the Panama Canal?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2019, 12:49:49 PM »
Why would a topographical map or altitude chart show values based on curvature??

They are for local reference.

I think you are deeply confused on the subject of mean sea level and altitude.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2019, 01:17:41 PM »

Why is it so hard for all of you to actually verify the alleged surface curvature of the Panama Canal?

You do understand now how a globe works with respect to mean sea level and height/altitude, right? And that on a globe Gatun Lake would NOT be under 131’ of sea water at 18 miles from the Coast, right?