HAPPY HOAX ANNIVERSARY!!! (Rockets can't fly in a vacuum)

• 3179 Replies

JackBlack

Re: HAPPY HOAX ANNIVERSARY!!! (Rockets can't fly in a vacuum)
« Reply #2880 on: January 13, 2020, 02:41:55 AM »
The bar is merely to show the crash compression from internal to the compression externally.
And it does absolutely nothing to show us how the gas accelerates from the rocket or how the rocket is accelerated.
Especially as already pointed out, you have no arrow of force acting on the rocket, and your force arrows are completely unbalanced.

For example, consider the arrow furthest to the left.
I presume this is meant to be an arrow of force accelerating the gas towards the right.
What is the reactionary force for this?
What is this gas pushing against to accelerate out of the rocket?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2881 on: January 13, 2020, 03:45:21 AM »

Newton's 3 laws have been proven to work just fine over and over again for hundreds of years.  It's your "pressure on pressure" that has yet to be proven.
Newtons so called laws have not been proven to work at all in terms of what really happens.
They simply state so called inertia or f=ma but not what causes it.

This is the issue and if it's not explained then it's a nonsense, just like space rockets are a nonsense.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2882 on: January 13, 2020, 03:46:32 AM »

Let alone be put down in a coherent diagram
None of the one's you lot put down are coherent.
It works both ways.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2883 on: January 13, 2020, 03:47:52 AM »
Fix your drawing or tells us why the green bar doesnt exert a force on the balloon
The bar is merely to show the crash compression from internal to the compression externally.
Now all you need to do is picture this happening in nano seconds until the fuel is depleted.
What's this crap about "nano seconds"?
Do you even think about what you write? Apparently not!
The Falcon 9 second stage carries about 64,000 kg of propellant. It would impossible to burn that in nano seconds.

It fact that engine burns for over 6 1/2 minutes. Stop talking utter rubbish and face reality.
Who's talking about burning a quantity of fuel in nano seconds? Not me. I see you twisting stuff.
Learn to read.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2884 on: January 13, 2020, 03:49:11 AM »
And it does absolutely nothing to show us how the gas accelerates from the rocket or how the rocket is accelerated.
Especially as already pointed out, you have no arrow of force acting on the rocket, and your force arrows are completely unbalanced.

For example, consider the arrow furthest to the left.
I presume this is meant to be an arrow of force accelerating the gas towards the right.
What is the reactionary force for this?
What is this gas pushing against to accelerate out of the rocket?
I perfectly explained it and if you'd paid attention you'd grasp it, if you really wanted to, or may already do, yet choose denial.

JackBlack

« Reply #2885 on: January 13, 2020, 03:59:00 AM »
Newtons so called laws have not been proven to work at all in terms of what really happens.
They are backed up by mountains of evidence and rational thought.
All you can do to counter them is dismiss them as nonsense.
If it actually was nonsense you would be able to explain why.

None of the one's you lot put down are coherent.
It works both ways.
No, it doesn't.
The diagrams we have put down are coherent.
You have been unable to identify a single flaw with them.
Meanwhile we have clearly explained why your diagrams are incoherent, the most obvious being that THEY LACK A FORCE ACTING ON THE ROCKET!

So no, it doesn't work both ways.

I perfectly explained it and if you'd paid attention you'd grasp it
You mean you repeatedly failed to explain it because you know there is no way you can explain yet cling to your fantasy, so you just lie and repeatedly claim to have explained it.
The problem is I have been paying attention and clearly see that you haven't explained it.

You are still yet to offer any explanation for the gas is forced out of the rocket which actually address what even you claim is required for motion, something for it to push off.
Likewise you have completely failed to offer any actual explanation for what is pushing the rocket, instead avoiding that question at all costs, just like you are doing now.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2886 on: January 13, 2020, 04:04:45 AM »
They are backed up by mountains of evidence and rational thought.
All you can do to counter them is dismiss them as nonsense.
If it actually was nonsense you would be able to explain why.

There is no evidence. It cannot be explained.
We went through this before and you were stumped to explain.

« Reply #2887 on: January 13, 2020, 05:20:02 AM »
Fix your drawing or tells us why the green bar doesnt exert a force on the balloon
Now all you need to do is picture this happening in nano seconds until the fuel is depleted.

No ones expecting you to able to draw a picutre that moves.
Unless you want to animate it, go ahead.
But you still yet to properly draw a single frame.

We understand what your green bar is.
You need to jndersrand that for in order for the rocket/ ballooon to move, something needs to push it.
If that push cones from the green bar, show the arrow.
Imagine the force arrow as a human arm.
Extending out from the body, in a direction, with a rough size proportional to the magnitude.

Draw it.
Or tell us why you dont need to draw it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2888 on: January 13, 2020, 05:31:22 AM »

No ones expecting you to able to draw a picutre that moves.
Unless you want to animate it, go ahead.
But you still yet to properly draw a single frame.

We understand what your green bar is.
You need to jndersrand that for in order for the rocket/ ballooon to move, something needs to push it.
If that push cones from the green bar, show the arrow.
Imagine the force arrow as a human arm.
Extending out from the body, in a direction, with a rough size proportional to the magnitude.

Draw it.
Or tell us why you dont need to draw it.
I told you what force was on the rocket. You chose to ignore it and pretend you weren't told.
You'll continue to ignore it no matter what, because that's what you people do.

The diagrams are there so take some time to understand them if you're genuine.

« Reply #2889 on: January 13, 2020, 07:47:47 AM »
Yes
You SAID the force comes from the gas on gas fight.
And that the rocket/ balloon sits on the green bar and rides it.

So
Draw it.
Draw the green bar pushing on the rocket.

Or
Tell us why it doesnt need to be drawn.
Because in the real (denP or otherwise) world, for something to move, it must be pushed or pulled on against something else.

A surfer has his feet pushdd on by the board.
The board is pushed on by the wave.

Draw it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 07:50:24 AM by Themightykabool »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2890 on: January 13, 2020, 07:52:56 AM »
Yes

So
Draw it.

Or
To draw it I'd have to draw lots and lots of green bars under a rocket and show the rocket advancing.
How do you propose I do that unless I animate it?

Get one of your animator friends to animate what I'm proposing and I'll coach them through it all so they can tweak it as I point out what I need doing.
You seem to be going on all the time so follow what I say or get someone to do it.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2891 on: January 13, 2020, 07:56:18 AM »
Yes

So
Draw it.

Or
Because in the real (denP or otherwise) world, for something to move, it must be pushed or pulled on against something else.

Draw it.
A helicopter shows you the simple way a rocket works by using atmosphere.
The only difference with the rocket is in the external burn expansion of the atmosphere to compress it rather than the internal expansion of the helicopter fuel to create an external compression from the blades.

So tell me what the helicopter is riding on?

« Reply #2892 on: January 13, 2020, 08:52:57 AM »
Yes

So
Draw it.

Or
To draw it I'd have to draw lots and lots of green bars under a rocket and show the rocket advancing.
How do you propose I do that unless I animate it?

Get one of your animator friends to animate what I'm proposing and I'll coach them through it all so they can tweak it as I point out what I need doing.
You seem to be going on all the time so follow what I say or get someone to do it.

No
Thats NOT what im asking.
Im NOT aaking you tobanimate it.
I very clearly said you didnt need to animate it.0
Take a point in time and draw it.
Quit making excuses.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2893 on: January 13, 2020, 08:54:11 AM »
Now may be a good time for everyone to ignore sceptitank.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Yes

« Reply #2894 on: January 13, 2020, 08:55:39 AM »
Now may be a good time for everyone to ignore sceptitank.
Not yet!  There's only two more pages to go!
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2895 on: January 13, 2020, 08:59:25 AM »
Anyone can feel free to ignore me. Ignore me for life, Go on.
I mean sokarul cannot do it and itches to get into this stuff but can't.

So anyone that wishes to ignore....please do it. Don't whine about it....just do it because I'll still be putting my thoughts into the forum.

« Reply #2896 on: January 13, 2020, 09:14:18 AM »
Yes

So
Draw it.

Or

Draw it.
The only difference with the rocket is in the external burn expansion of the atmosphere to compress it rather than the internal expansion of the helicopter fuel to create an external compression from the blades.

Air
The helicopter baldes push on the air and the airpushes back.
There is a transmission of force at the point of contact on the blades.

Show that on your green bar.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2897 on: January 13, 2020, 09:43:42 AM »
Yes

So
Draw it.

Or

Draw it.

Air

Did you ever watch an episode of mythbusters where they wanted to see if a helicopter inside a truck would make the truck weigh less if it was hovered inside of it instead of laid on the floor of that truck?

If you did, do you recall no change in measured weight because the blades pushed the atmosphere down to create  a much larger compression of the atmosphere under that helicopter, meaning it could push into the atmosphere above by resting on this compressed air?

You see, to hover it has to push down on the truck with it's own mass of compressed air.
The more it compresses the more it can sit on that compressive build up, meaning it can move higher.

The rocket does the same thing in essence, except it uses a different way of performing the compression, as I've stated before.

It's pretty simple to grasp but you people will insist these fantasy space rockets kick themselves up their own arses.

« Reply #2898 on: January 13, 2020, 10:58:40 AM »
Anyone can feel free to ignore me. Ignore me for life, Go on.
I mean sokarul cannot do it and itches to get into this stuff but can't.

So anyone that wishes to ignore....please do it. Don't whine about it....just do it because I'll still be putting my thoughts into the forum.
Still waiting for you to explain what satellite TV dishes point at.  In your area most point southish to a transmitter at 28.2deg E above equator for Sky TV.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #2899 on: January 13, 2020, 11:04:20 AM »
Yes

So
Draw it.

Or

Draw it.

Air

Did you ever watch an episode of mythbusters where they wanted to see if a helicopter inside a truck would make the truck weigh less if it was hovered inside of it instead of laid on the floor of that truck?

If you did, do you recall no change in measured weight because the blades pushed the atmosphere down to create  a much larger compression of the atmosphere under that helicopter, meaning it could push into the atmosphere above by resting on this compressed air?

You see, to hover it has to push down on the truck with it's own mass of compressed air.
The more it compresses the more it can sit on that compressive build up, meaning it can move higher.

The rocket does the same thing in essence, except it uses a different way of performing the compression, as I've stated before.

It's pretty simple to grasp but you people will insist these fantasy space rockets kick themselves up their own arses.

So if I put a scale under a rocket, after the rocket has lifted off straight up and is a mile in the sky, the scale should still show the same weight?
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

« Reply #2900 on: January 13, 2020, 11:27:42 AM »
Yes

So
Draw it.

Or

Draw it.

Air

The rotors provide a force on the air equal and opposite to the lift force.  This in turn provides an equal and opposite force on the floor of the truck. 

Just as rocket propellant provides an equal and opposite force on the rocket.

Newton’s laws satisfied in all cases.

Yes. It’s very simple.  The rocket case is the simplest.  Why don’t you get it?  Is it because you don’t want get it?

« Reply #2901 on: January 13, 2020, 11:48:50 AM »
Yes

So
Draw it.

Or

Draw it.

Air

good for them.
the helicopter pushes on the air-air pushes back, the air pushes on the truck-truck pushes back, the truck pushes on the scale-scale pushes back.
IN HOVER MODE.
if one force is greater than the other, things start to move.

so, in our rocket diagram, things are moving.
draw that.
the balloon exhaust pushes on the green bar-bar pushes back, the green bar pushes on the atmoair-atmoair pushes back.

the bold statement above is the part of the drawing you are missing.
draw it.

JackBlack

« Reply #2902 on: January 13, 2020, 12:14:16 PM »
There is no evidence. It cannot be explained.
We went through this before and you were stumped to explain.
You ignoring the evidence (just like you ignoring the rest of my post) doesn't mean it isn't there.
We have been over this before, and plenty of others. I was easily able to explain, and you repeatedly failed with your explanations severely lacking or just entirely absent, then because you can't explain you just resort to outright lies claiming that you have and claiming that others can't.

I told you what force was on the rocket. You chose to ignore it and pretend you weren't told.
You'll continue to ignore it no matter what, because that's what you people do.

The diagrams are there so take some time to understand them if you're genuine.
No, you repeatedly avoided saying what force was acting on the rocket, likely because you know that it refutes you.
Yes, your diagrams are there, which do not explain it at all.
As well as that, we have our diagrams, which do actually explain it.

No, a helicopter works using vastly different principles.
It works by redirecting air, moving it from above to below, generating lift a the air passes over the wing and is deflected downwards.
The force acts on the blade to push the helicopter up.
No ridiculous gas on gas fight.

The reason it needs the atmosphere is because it is using that atmosphere and changing its momentum.

A rocket doesn't need that because it has its own gas which it expels.

What the air does after it has left the helicopter is irrelevant.
The air is pushed down by the helicopter. The only thing to then change its momentum is the truck.

Again, this brings us back to the ball and skateboard example.
The person on the skateboard moves as the ball is thrown. The ball doesn't need to hit the wall to have the person move.

Yes, it is pretty simple to grasp, yet you keep either failing to grasp it or intentionally not grasping it.
Probably because grasping it would mean accepting that rockets work in a vacuum.

Now again, care to address the issues you have repeatedly avoided?
What force is pushing the rocket? Where is the arrow of force in your diagram?
What force is accelerating the gas? What is it pushing against?
You are yet to address either of these issues.
Yet our side has easily explained it.

So what would any sane person take?
We have your option of pure nonsense with no attempt at an explanation and instead continued avoidance and lies; vs conventional physics which easily explains it and doesn't rely upon rejecting mountains of evidence.

In reality, they are the same issue as they go hand in hand.
The only object that the gas can push off to accelerate out of the rocket/tube is the rocket/tube.
Everything else is in the opposite direction and would cause it to accelerate into the rocket.
This means the gas MUST be pushing off the rocket/tube and thus must be pushing the rocket/tube.
Of course, you wont admit that because it means the same applies in a vacuum, with the gas accelerating out and accelerating the rocket.
But I don't care.

Either admit it or clearly explain an alternative.
Clearly explain what the gas is pushing off to accelerate out of the rocket/tube (including in a vacuum), including providing a diagram showing the action-reaction pair.
Clearly explain what force acts on the rocket to accelerate it, including providing a diagram showing the force acting on the rocket.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2903 on: January 13, 2020, 02:01:01 PM »
Yes

So
Draw it.

Or

Draw it.

Air

So if I put a scale under a rocket, after the rocket has lifted off straight up and is a mile in the sky, the scale should still show the same weight?
Nope.
What's left behind by that point would be exhaust, not the power of an expansion to compression burn.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2904 on: January 13, 2020, 02:03:30 PM »

The rotors provide a force on the air equal and opposite to the lift force.  This in turn provides an equal and opposite force on the floor of the truck. 

Yes. It’s very simple.  The rocket case is the simplest.  Why don’t you get it?  Is it because you don’t want get it?
It is very simple if you understand it's all happening externally, meaning your rocket does not get its uplift force from inside it.

« Reply #2905 on: January 13, 2020, 02:10:43 PM »
Right
It gets it lift from outside.
Lifted from the outside.
Something outside the rocket pushes the rocket up.
Outside.
Lifted.
Pushes on the rocket.

Please draw.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2906 on: January 13, 2020, 02:17:40 PM »

It is very simple if you understand it's all happening externally, meaning your rocket does not get its uplift force from inside it.
Incorrect!
It has explained carefully numerous times that by the time the burnt propellant has left the rocket its work is done!
Once the rocket is even a little above any solid object that could deflect the exhaust stream back onto the rocket[1] what happens to the exhaust stream is totally irrelevant.

You obviously know nothing about supersonic and hypersonic motion in gases - go and learn something.

[1] Launch pads are designed so that as little as possible of the exhaust stream is deflected back onto the rocket
     because of the damage it would cause to the rocket.
     Go and learn something and stop pretending that YOU know better than all the specialists in the field - you do not!

« Reply #2907 on: January 13, 2020, 02:24:27 PM »

It gets the force when it throws mass out the back. 

I know this because I studied it.  I’ve derived the basic fluid flow equations (although that was a while ago, not sure I could do it now).  I’ve used the equations to design, build and test gas systems and vacuum systems.  Just like millions of other physicists and engineers have done to create the technology that you use to deny basic science.

You haven’t studied this.  You haven’t tested your ideas.  You haven’t even bothered to learn how the rest of the world understands it, which should be the absolute first step before claiming they are wrong.

You just dream it up and spout your fantasy version on the internet.  That’s fine.  Believe what you want.

The part I have a problem is you telling everyone else they don’t understand, or are indoctrinated or whatever.  They do understand.  They are right, you are wrong. 

« Reply #2908 on: January 13, 2020, 02:27:05 PM »
Guys
Lets help him finish his thought beyond gas-gas fight.
Work on completing his theory.
He just waves you all away.

Unles your goal is to get to tripl digit pg faster.
Only a few to go!

« Reply #2909 on: January 13, 2020, 02:35:04 PM »
Guys
Lets help him finish his thought beyond gas-gas fight.
Work on completing his theory.
He just waves you all away.

Unles your goal is to get to tripl digit pg faster.
Only a few to go!

I’ve only made a couple of posts in this thread, but thought Id do my bit to get it over the line.

:D