HAPPY HOAX ANNIVERSARY!!! (Rockets can't fly in a vacuum)

• 3179 Replies
?

dutchy

Re: HAPPY HOAX ANNIVERSARY!!! (Rockets can't fly in a vacuum)
« Reply #1290 on: September 15, 2019, 08:35:59 AM »
Just keep it FE vs RE, please.

Or, better yet, have yourself checked in before you cause more harm to people who, for god knows what reason, still might have the strength to stay close to you.
Don’t go there please.... i know many people who are till this very date convinced that slaughtering up to 1 million Iraqies is the current collateral damage of the right call at the time.
The Bushes, Blairs and their advisors are still free aren’t they ?

Someone who believes the bigger picture involves lots of evildoers and conspiracies is way less harm full than those actually pulling the trigger to kill the innocent far far away from the western civilisation.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1291 on: September 15, 2019, 09:18:03 AM »
That may well be, but it also has absolutely nothing at all to do with the physics of rockets working in a vacuum.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

dutchy

« Reply #1292 on: September 15, 2019, 09:51:17 AM »
That may well be, but it also has absolutely nothing at all to do with the physics of rockets working in a vacuum.
Correct ! But the topic has moved into various directions.

Everything has been said about rockets in outerspace .....i’d like to hear from a forum member that is willing to share his/her personal experience from a journey to the moon, mars, venus, alpha centauri or anywhere in outerspace...
This hypothetical, copy paste, wannabe rocket scientist drivel in this topic is a bit long in the tooth...

It sure reads like ordinary people (let say a former electricien) are punching way above their weight in their ‘rocket scientist’ impersonation. ;D ;D

Yes

« Reply #1293 on: September 15, 2019, 10:25:40 AM »
Oh boy that escalated quickly.

Admins / moderators - this is about flat earth or about mental problems?
    ;D
but also
    :-\
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #1294 on: September 15, 2019, 12:31:54 PM »

Or, better yet, have yourself checked in before you cause more harm to people who, for god knows what reason, still might have the strength to stay close to you.
Don’t go there please.... i know many people who are till this very date convinced that slaughtering up to 1 million Iraqies is the current collateral damage of the right call at the time.

Someone who believes the bigger picture involves lots of evildoers and conspiracies is way less harm full than those actually pulling the trigger to kill the innocent far far away from the western civilisation.

Especially when there is more than enough hard evidence that the bigger picture factually involves lots of evildoers and conspiracies!!!

After  you  thought  you  heard  everything,  Reed  notes  a  conversation  between Joseph Stalin and Roosevelt at the end of WWII:

“Then President Roosevelt, in the manner of a man who is a member of an exclusive club and is sure his host must also belong, ‘said he was  a  Zionist  and  asked  if  Marshal  Stalin  was  one.’  Stalin  replied  that  ‘he  was  one  in  principle  but  he  recognized  the  difficulty.’” 

No  accusations  of  hearsay  can  dismiss  Roosevelt’s  boast   since   Reed   informs   us   it   comes   from   “the   official   publication,  ‘The  Conferences  at  Malta  and  Yalta,  1945’  issued  by   the   American   State   Department   on   March   16,   1955.”   Although  the  Montreal  Star  broke  the  next  morning  with  the  headline:  “World  Capitals  Dismayed,  Shocked  over  Disclosures  of Yalta Secrets,” but at this late stage of the game Reed resigns his  commentary  to  saying  “This  was  nonsense;  by  1955  the  masses were apathetic about such things, having been brought by control  of  the  press  to  the  condition  of  impotent  confusion  foretold in the Protocols of 1905.”

Reed  tells  us  of  similar  incidents.  “In  1941  the  Japanese  attack  on Pearl Harbor ‘on a day that will live in infamy’...but the later disclosures showed that the government in Washington had long been  warned  of  the  impending  attack  and  had  not  alerted  the  Pearl  Harbor  defenders....Twelve  days  earlier  Mr.  Henry  L.  Stimson,  the  Secretary  of  War,  after  a  cabinet  meeting    on  November  25,  1941,  had  noted  in  his  diary:  ‘The  question  was  how we should maneuver them’ (the Japanese) ‘into the position of  firing  the  first  shot  without  allowing  too  much  danger  to  ourselves; it was a difficult proposition.’”

The  Zionist  use  and  abuse  of  Churchill  mirrored  that  of  the  US  Presidents.  According  to  Reed’s  accounting,  Woodrow  Wilson was  little  more  than  a  puppet  of  the  Zionist  machineWilson  allowed  the  creation  of  the  Federal  Reserve  in  1913which  was  basically  a  Jewish  banking  cartel  devised,  at  the  behest  of  Lord  Rothschild,  at  Jekyll  Island  off  the  Carolinas  by  seven  of  the  world’s richest men. Wilson also introduced the Federal income tax to pay back, with usury, the money created out of thin air by the  Federal  Reserve,  two  deeds  that  it  is  said  Wilson  later  regretted  with  the  words  “I  am  a  most  unhappy  man.  I  have  unwittingly ruined my country,” and later “We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated,  governments  in  the  civilized  world—no  longer  a  government   by   free   opinion,   no   longer   a   government   by   conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men....Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and   manufacture,   are   afraid   of   somebody,   are   afraid   of   something.  They  know  that  there  is  a  power  somewhere  so  organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.”
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 12:43:54 PM by cikljamas »
"I can't breathe" George Floyd RIP

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1295 on: September 15, 2019, 01:19:08 PM »

Everything has been said about rockets in outerspace ...
Then perhaps it's time for a mod to lock this thread.

..i’d like to hear from a forum member that is willing to share his/her personal experience from a journey to the moon, mars, venus, alpha centauri or anywhere in outerspace...
Then perhaps you should open a new thread for that reason.

This hypothetical, copy paste, wannabe rocket scientist drivel in this topic is a bit long in the tooth...
Rockets in a vacuum is not hypothetical.  It has been demonstrated several times in various YouTube videos that have been presented.  In fact, a basic setup doesn't seem to be all that hard if you want to verify it for yourself.

It sure reads like ordinary people (let say a former electricien) are punching way above their weight in their ‘rocket scientist’ impersonation. ;D ;D
The physics behind rocket propulsion really isn't that tough.  The engineering to make it happen is a different story.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #1296 on: September 15, 2019, 01:52:13 PM »

What are you afraid of???

?

dutchy

« Reply #1297 on: September 15, 2019, 01:57:35 PM »

Especially when there is more than enough hard evidence that the bigger picture factually involves lots of evildoers and conspiracies!!!

After  you  thought  you  heard  everything,  Reed  notes  a  conversation  between Joseph Stalin and Roosevelt at the end of WWII:

“Then President Roosevelt, in the manner of a man who is a member of an exclusive club and is sure his host must also belong, ‘said he was  a  Zionist  and  asked  if  Marshal  Stalin  was  one.’  Stalin  replied  that  ‘he  was  one  in  principle  but  he  recognized  the  difficulty.’” 

No  accusations  of  hearsay  can  dismiss  Roosevelt’s  boast   since   Reed   informs   us   it   comes   from   “the   official   publication,  ‘The  Conferences  at  Malta  and  Yalta,  1945’  issued  by   the   American   State   Department   on   March   16,   1955.”   Although  the  Montreal  Star  broke  the  next  morning  with  the  headline:  “World  Capitals  Dismayed,  Shocked  over  Disclosures  of Yalta Secrets,” but at this late stage of the game Reed resigns his  commentary  to  saying  “This  was  nonsense;  by  1955  the  masses were apathetic about such things, having been brought by control  of  the  press  to  the  condition  of  impotent  confusion  foretold in the Protocols of 1905.”

Reed  tells  us  of  similar  incidents.  “In  1941  the  Japanese  attack  on Pearl Harbor ‘on a day that will live in infamy’...but the later disclosures showed that the government in Washington had long been  warned  of  the  impending  attack  and  had  not  alerted  the  Pearl  Harbor  defenders....Twelve  days  earlier  Mr.  Henry  L.  Stimson,  the  Secretary  of  War,  after  a  cabinet  meeting    on  November  25,  1941,  had  noted  in  his  diary:  ‘The  question  was  how we should maneuver them’ (the Japanese) ‘into the position of  firing  the  first  shot  without  allowing  too  much  danger  to  ourselves; it was a difficult proposition.’”

The  Zionist  use  and  abuse  of  Churchill  mirrored  that  of  the  US  Presidents.  According  to  Reed’s  accounting,  Woodrow  Wilson was  little  more  than  a  puppet  of  the  Zionist  machineWilson  allowed  the  creation  of  the  Federal  Reserve  in  1913which  was  basically  a  Jewish  banking  cartel  devised,  at  the  behest  of  Lord  Rothschild,  at  Jekyll  Island  off  the  Carolinas  by  seven  of  the  world’s richest men. Wilson also introduced the Federal income tax to pay back, with usury, the money created out of thin air by the  Federal  Reserve,  two  deeds  that  it  is  said  Wilson  later  regretted  with  the  words  “I  am  a  most  unhappy  man.  I  have  unwittingly ruined my country,” and later “We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated,  governments  in  the  civilized  world—no  longer  a  government   by   free   opinion,   no   longer   a   government   by   conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and the duress of small groups of dominant men....Some of the biggest men in the United States, in the field of commerce and   manufacture,   are   afraid   of   somebody,   are   afraid   of   something.  They  know  that  there  is  a  power  somewhere  so  organized, so subtle, so watchful, so interlocked, so complete, so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it.”
I believe many things you have presented with of course a few exceptions.
I personally don’t like generalisations about ‘Jews’, ‘Zionists’, ‘Muslims’ etc. etc.
There are 34.000 different tranches of christianity and i have never met two Jews who agreed about their faith 100%. My sister lives in Israël for over 35 years and it’s absolutely mind boggling how colorfull and absurd the Jewish faith can be..... totally depends who you ask....

Of course i believe the wicked bankers constructed a system over the centuries that no sane person would ever invent.
But i’ll pass when people are claiming the Royal shape shifting lizard bloodlines from the days of Niburu have collaberated with the Zionists to screw humanity . ( i do not know if you believe any of that.... )

It gives those defending this current evil world a good reason to laugh everything away.
While researching the origans of our financial system, currencies, debts etc. is evil all the way.
Humans don’t have to be Jews/Zionists, Lizards, aliens or whatever to behave like humans do most of the time when placed in a position of full power and control.
Then they often start to behave like monsters who have sold their human conscious to the dark side.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #1298 on: September 15, 2019, 02:28:51 PM »

I believe many things you have presented with of course a few exceptions.
I personally don’t like generalisations about ‘Jews’, ‘Zionists’, ‘Muslims’ etc. etc.
There are 34.000 different tranches of christianity and i have never met two Jews who agreed about their faith 100%. My sister lives in Israël for over 35 years and it’s absolutely mind boggling how colorfull and absurd the Jewish faith can be..... totally depends who you ask....

Of course i believe the wicked bankers constructed a system over the centuries that no sane person would ever invent.
But i’ll pass when people are claiming the Royal shape shifting lizard bloodlines from the days of Niburu have collaberated with the Zionists to screw humanity . ( i do not know if you believe any of that.... )

It gives those defending this current evil world a good reason to laugh everything away.
While researching the origans of our financial system, currencies, debts etc. is evil all the way.
Humans don’t have to be Jews/Zionists, Lizards, aliens or whatever to behave like humans do most of the time when placed in a position of full power and control.
Then they often start to behave like monsters who have sold their human conscious to the dark side.
Totally agreed with everything you've just said.
It is crucially important to differentiate between fact and opinion when reviewing any kind of data or documentation. The opinion is based in feeling or judgment and it can change. Facts cannot be disputed, and provide the empirical evidence needed to draw direct conclusions from someones work. Maybe the next exchange of thoughts can serve as best illustration for what i am trying to point out :

Do Jews Ever Do Anything Wrong?

Keating, page 226: “Most of the conspiracies to which Sungenis has   subscribed   have   involved   Jews:   Jews   were   behind   the   assassination  of  John  F.  Kennedy.  Jews  sent  Monica  Lewinsky  to   compromise   Bill   Clinton   because   he   was   insufficiently   friendly  to  Israel.  Most  importantly,  Jews  are  trying  to  control  the  Catholic  Church  precisely  because  they  reject  the  Messiah  and so reject the Church he founded.”

R. Sungenis: This is just more of Keating’s Jew-baiting (i.e., “I dare you to  blame  any  of  the  Jews,  and  if  you  do,  I’m  going  to  call  you  an  anti-semite”).  Whether  these  issues  are  right  or  wrong,  the  bottom  line  is  that  Keating and his cohorts will simply not allow any Jews to be implicated in any  conspiracy  against  either  the  United  States  or  the  Catholic  Church.  Ask  yourself,  is  this  possible?  We  already  have  clear  cut  evidence  that  Israel  spied  on  the  United  States  (e.g.,  Jonathan  Pollard)  and  there  are  more such cases. Likewise, Jews conspired with Catholic bishops in 2002 to  write  the  “Reflections  on  Covenant  and  Missions”  document  which  boldly  declared  that  Jews  were  no  longer  to  be  proselytized  to  convert  to  Christianity  since  it  was  now  discovered  that  the  Jews  had  their  own  salvific  covenant  with  God  that  has  never  been  superseded.  This  new  doctrine  finally  ended  up  as  a  sentence  in  the  2006  United  States  Adult  catechism  that  stated  the  “Mosaic  covenant  was  eternally  valid  for  the  Jewish  people,”  which  is  an  out-an-out  heresy.  To  conclude  from  these,  like Keating does, that there is no possibility for the Jews to be involved in either  espionage  cases  or  ecclesiastical  infiltration  is  simply  a  case  of  extreme naivety or willful ignorance.

Rabbi Dovid Weiss: Zionism has created 'rivers of blood' | Talk to Al Jazeera :

~ New York 10,000 Orthodox Jews Against Zionist Israel ~ U S Media Blackout :

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1299 on: September 15, 2019, 02:36:12 PM »

Nothing that you have to offer.  Just keep your off topic, tl;dr spam in the appropriate forums.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #1300 on: September 15, 2019, 02:42:16 PM »

Nothing that you have to offer. 
You are afraid of the truth, and this is the truth :

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1301 on: September 15, 2019, 03:13:44 PM »

What part of "off topic" do you not understand? ???

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #1302 on: September 15, 2019, 03:45:30 PM »

This video is not "off topic", do you know why?
Because if we intend to be human beings then this video must be the part of every topic.
This video should be the only topic, because we can't go on (viewing ourselves as humans) living our lives (as decent, honest people) before we do everything that is needed in order to put a stop to these horrendous atrocities that Zionist's regime commits against innocent, helpless Palestinian children continuously for more than 70 years now...
If you had a shred of decency, you would agree with me 100 % on this issue, after watching the video above...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1303 on: September 15, 2019, 05:14:53 PM »

• Who slaughtered "up to 1 million Iraqis"?
    Sources vary dramatically and by no means all casualties were caused by "our" side. Saddam Hussein didn't go quietly!
    Iraq Family Health Survey:  151,000 violent deaths
    Lancet survey: 601,027 violent deaths out of 654,965 excess deaths
    PLOS Medicine Survey: 460,000 deaths in Iraq as direct or indirect result of the war including more than 60% of deaths directly attributable to violence

• And look at Suddam's legacy:
    IRAQ: Deaths under Saddam Hussein

Tom Grey answers David Crow's request the empirical basis for his statement on the number of dead under Saddam Hussein. "See http://www.gbn.org/ArticleDisplayServlet.srv?aid=2400&msp=1242 Here is an excerpt:":Along with other human rights organizations, The Documental Centre for Human Rights in Iraq has compiled documentation on over 600,000 civilian executions in Iraq. Human Rights Watch reports that in one operation alone, the Anfal, Saddam killed 100,000 Kurdish Iraqis. Another 500,000 are estimated to have died in Saddam's needless war with Iran. Coldly taken as a daily average for the 24 years of Saddam's reign, these numbers give us a horrifying picture of between 70 and 125 civilian deaths per day for every one of Saddam's 8,000-odd days in power."
Would you have preferred Saddam remain in power?

But in my, probably worthless, opinion the time to have finished Saddam Hussein off would have been to continue the first Gulf War a little longer.
Iraq's attack on Kuwait gave the excuse to be there and few questioned it.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1304 on: September 15, 2019, 05:59:12 PM »

Does the video have anything to do with the fact that rockets can fly in a vacuum?

« Reply #1305 on: September 15, 2019, 06:46:52 PM »
The United States is a Corporation

Yes, you read the title correctly. We are not living in a country with a government of the people, by the people, for the people, but we are part of a giant Corporation, The United States Corporation, and the President of America is the CEO. We are only the employees. This Corporation, in its turn, is owned by another Corporation, The British Crown.

We? Aren't you Croatian?

As to your earlier post, yes, we're well aware that you love conspiracy theories, so there really is no need to confirm that in an excessively long post.

Let's look at the first "conspiracy" you mention in that screed:

1. Prohibition was introduced in 1920 to control the country’s alcohol consumption, but that only resulted in widespread speakeasies and bootlegging, which is the illegal production and distribution of alcohol. The prohibition law proved it wasn’t enough to curb drinking habits, so the government took more drastic measures. They decided to poison the country’s illegal liquor supply by adding toxins, including highly-lethal methanol, to alcohol in the mid-1920s. In total, it is estimated around 10,000 people died as a result of the government’s poisoning.

"Denaturing" alcohol, which is the process you describe, was not new to Prohibition, or the US Government. It was common practice to render alcohol intended for industrial purposes (and explicitly not for human consumption) undrinkable well before the 18th Amendment to the US Constitution (a.k.a. "Prohibition") went into effect, and it's still done today. To be a conspiracy, an illegal action needs to be planned (and possibly executed) in secret. Denaturing alcohol to make it so that it is not considered an intoxicant was neither illegal nor done in secret, as you suggest. If you want to discourage someone from drinking a particular batch of alcohol, why would you make it a secret that it has been rendered toxic?

Since you start with a tired old bogus claim in an attempt to support your conspiracy habit right off the bat, why bother with the rest of that tome?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1306 on: September 15, 2019, 06:55:46 PM »

The video is "off topic", do you know why?
Your own topic is entitled "HAPPY HOAX ANNIVERSARY!!! (Rockets can't fly in a vacuum)". I fail to see any connection between that video and your topic.

If you want to post that sort of thing why don't you make a thread in say, "Philosophy, Religion & Society"?

But on that video while the retaliation by Israel might be disproportionate, I have to ask why Hamas, etc, keeps up their rocket and other provocation.

Try twisting a lion's and you might find that the lion uses disproportionate force too.
While I think that Gaza is getting a raw deal they brought it on themselves with their continual needling.

It looks obvious to me that Hamas simply will not accept any deal as long as Israel exists and Israel is not going to walk out any time soon.

Don't ask me for a long term solution to a problem caused largely by, as far as I can see, the British in 1948.

If you want to carry on this sort of discussion make a thread in the right place!

rvlvr

« Reply #1307 on: September 15, 2019, 11:13:16 PM »
I’ve been thinking about this conundrum.

As we know rockets do work. The Chinese blasted their enemies with rockets already during the Ming dynasty (the regular historical dynasty, not Ming the Merciless of Flash Gordon fame), and I’d imagine most of us have shot some rockets during New Year’s. The principle is sound. And if you scale one big enough it will fly high.

So I guess the problem is what happens when rocket(s) hit the firmament, and the ”Never” beyond it. How do they clear it. Could it be the Never is liquid behind the barrier? And rockets would need to be akin to submarines or torpedoes?

Russians have the supercavitating Shkval torpedoes. Those move pretty fast in liquid, so maybe the same tech works with the Never? Has this angle been discussed already? NASA works with the ex-Soviets, the Russians, so they have the know-how. Is this something they keep from us?

?

dutchy

« Reply #1308 on: September 15, 2019, 11:21:25 PM »
I am puzzled why there is so little discussion about the Apollo scam and people concentrate on what is between brackets and secondairy ( rockets can’t fly in a vacuum).
It’s about time we bring this topic back on track and talk about the 50 years ongoing Apollo scam that is a total disgrace for the human species.

Human tissue can’t make it into deepspace unless we ‘denigrate’ ourselves with AI and robotic implementations.
Maybe then these hybrid humans can go beyond a certain modest altitude.

Apollo and the outragious claims about a shortcut ‘calculated’ by the ignorant 1969 radiation experts ....the bathing suits, alufoil moonmachines, the absent cosmic particles piercing through the suits and moon machines ...... laughable.

Of course no ordinary human will ever go beyond the VAB. They know it for 50 years , but NASA pees upon ordinary people giving them a slapstick SF movie with funny, singing, playing astronots and still maintain the position we actually went to the moon with humans onboard.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #1309 on: September 16, 2019, 02:11:20 AM »

Yes, you read the title correctly. We are not living in a country with a government of the people, by the people, for the people, but we are part of a giant Corporation, The United States Corporation, and the President of America is the CEO. We are only the employees. This Corporation, in its turn, is owned by another Corporation, The British Crown.

We? Aren't you Croatian?

No, i am only human being, and who are you?

“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.” G.K.Chesterton

“When we step into the family, by the act of being born, we do step into a world which is incalculable, into a world which has its own strange laws, into a world which could do without us, into a world we have not made. In other words, when we step into the family we step into a fairy-tale.” G.K.Chesterton

"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile." Albert Einstein

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?" Martin Luther King, Jr.

“You can only understand people if you feel them in yourself.” John Steinbeck

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

“In uncertainty I am certain that underneath their topmost layers of frailty men want to be good and want to be loved. Indeed, most of their vices are attempted shortcuts to love. When a man comes to die, no matter what his talents and influence and genius, if he dies unloved his life must be a failure to him and his dying a cold horror. It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world.”  John Steinbeck

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama

There are only two servants in this world : those who serve truth, and those who serve fraud. Bill Cooper

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” G.K.Chesterton

“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.” G.K.Chesterton

“Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of ‘touching’ a man’s heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it.” G.K.Chesterton

“The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice.” G.K.Chesterton

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1310 on: September 16, 2019, 02:13:27 AM »

We? Aren't you Croatian?

“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.” G.K.Chesterton

“When we step into the family, by the act of being born, we do step into a world which is incalculable, into a world which has its own strange laws, into a world which could do without us, into a world we have not made. In other words, when we step into the family we step into a fairy-tale.” G.K.Chesterton

"Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?" Martin Luther King, Jr.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln

“In uncertainty I am certain that underneath their topmost layers of frailty men want to be good and want to be loved. Indeed, most of their vices are attempted shortcuts to love. When a man comes to die, no matter what his talents and influence and genius, if he dies unloved his life must be a failure to him and his dying a cold horror. It seems to me that if you or I must choose between two courses of thought or action, we should remember our dying and try so to live that our death brings no pleasure to the world.”  John Steinbeck

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." Dalai Lama

There are only two servants in this world : those who serve truth, and those who serve fraud. Bill Cooper

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.” G.K.Chesterton

“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.” G.K.Chesterton

“Reason is always a kind of brute force; those who appeal to the head rather than the heart, however pallid and polite, are necessarily men of violence. We speak of ‘touching’ a man’s heart, but we can do nothing to his head but hit it.” G.K.Chesterton

“The whole truth is generally the ally of virtue; a half-truth is always the ally of some vice.” G.K.Chesterton

What do these quotes have to do with the fact that rockets can fly in a vacuum?

« Reply #1311 on: September 16, 2019, 02:16:03 AM »
why does everyone in the field understand thsi works except you?
is it some gov't conspiracy against you?
come on now

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #1312 on: September 16, 2019, 02:23:35 AM »

We? Aren't you Croatian?

If you have no heart, it doesn't matter whether rockets can fly in a vacuum or not, not only that, it doesn't even matter whether you are breathing or not, because if you are breathing it doesn't mean you are alive, and even if you are alive it doesn't mean that your life is worthwhile living.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #1313 on: September 16, 2019, 02:36:11 AM »
I am puzzled why there is so little discussion about the Apollo scam and people concentrate on what is between brackets and secondairy ( rockets can’t fly in a vacuum).
Maybe because there never was "Apollo scam"?

Quote from: dutchy
It’s about time we bring this topic back on track and talk about the 50 years ongoing Apollo scam that is a total disgrace for the human species.

Human tissue can’t make it into deepspace unless we ‘denigrate’ ourselves with AI and robotic implementations.
Totally incorrect! Humans can live in space, deep or othwise, given the appropriate life support system.

Apollo and the outragious claims about a shortcut ‘calculated’ by the ignorant 1969 radiation experts ....the bathing suits, alufoil moonmachines, the absent cosmic particles piercing through the suits and moon machines ...... laughable.
The "ignorant 1969 radiation experts" are those like you who pretend knowledge that you do not have! Please consider:
  • The initial information for the VABs came from NASA's first satellite, which YOU claim is impossible!
    I would suspect that Dr James Van Allen might know a great deal more than you about the extent and types of radiation in the VABs.
  • NASA designed the Apollo craft to shield against the radiation and planned the trajectories to minimise exposure.
    Why do you keep pretending that our know better than the radiation experts? You don't!
I and I imagine NASA would be far more concerned with radiation outside the VABs.
The particulate radiation within the VABs is best shielded by light materials such as aluminium and plastics but most certainly NOT
heavy metals like lead!

Outside the VABs there are still the cosmic rays and of more immediate concern solar flares.

Of course no ordinary human will ever go beyond the VAB.
And on what authority do you claim that? Your total ignorance of the VABs or do you have more evidence?

They know it for 50 years ,
Your still dreaming, dutchy, NASA know nothing of the sort.

but NASA pees upon ordinary people giving them a slapstick SF movie with funny, singing, playing astronots and still maintain the position we actually went to the moon with humans onboard.
Carry on, carrying on! You're incapable of understanding so I don't know why I bother.

But, why is going beyond the VABs so important to you? Hundreds have been to the ISS and no longer carried there by NASA!
Until the United Launch Alliance and SpaceX are crew certified ROSCOSMOS (the Russian Space Authority) is ferrying crew to and from the ISS.

So why do you not rant and rave against these and the many other groups launching satellites and their own space missions?

« Reply #1314 on: September 16, 2019, 06:15:56 AM »

We? Aren't you Croatian?

I thought you were Croatian. Oh, well... I learned something today.

I'm a US citizen. Also, a human being despite that fact. ;)

<bunch of inspiring but irrelevant quotes>
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1315 on: September 16, 2019, 06:38:32 AM »
If rockets can't work in a vacuum, then it naturally follows that Apollo (as well as all space flight in general) was a scam. 

Human tissue can't make it to the bottom of the Mariana Trench either, but I don't see anyone calling James Cameron (a known maker of fiction movies) a liar.
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2012/3/120325-james-cameron-mariana-trench-challenger-deepest-returns-science-sub/

Are you sure that you aren't the one ignorant about the various engineering solutions to the various hazards of space travel?

Of course no ordinary human will ever go beyond the VAB. They know it for 50 years , but NASA pees upon ordinary people giving them a slapstick SF movie with funny, singing, playing astronots and still maintain the position we actually went to the moon with humans onboard.
*sigh* It would be nice if you could bring something more than just incredulity, ridicule and ignorance to your arguments.

cikljamas

• Ex nihilo nihil fit
« Reply #1316 on: September 16, 2019, 08:05:59 AM »

We? Aren't you Croatian?

I thought you were Croatian. Oh, well... I learned something today.

I'm a US citizen. Also, a human being despite that fact. ;)

You won't be able to learn anything of real importance before you learn how to open your heart.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1317 on: September 16, 2019, 10:07:23 AM »

If you have no heart, it doesn't matter whether rockets can fly in a vacuum or not, not only that, it doesn't even matter whether you are breathing or not, because if you are breathing it doesn't mean you are alive, and even if you are alive it doesn't mean that your life is worthwhile living.

Rockets can fly in a vacuum regardless of the presence of my heart or not.

« Reply #1318 on: September 16, 2019, 11:03:43 AM »

Rockets can fly in a vacuum regardless of the presence of my heart or not.

The best comment here by far.

JackBlack

« Reply #1319 on: September 16, 2019, 02:54:24 PM »
HERE IS THE ANSWER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, JACK - part 1 : https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=82434.msg2201342#msg2201342
HERE IS THE ANSWER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, JACK - part 2 :
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=82434.msg2201661#msg2201661
HERE IS THE ANSWER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR, JACK - part 3 :
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=82434.msg2202385#msg2202385
The best part comes last - The last thing to add is sugar - Save the best for last : REPLY #1200 : https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=82434.msg2203199#msg2203199
No, it is the same refuted spam.

No where in there do you actually address my question.
You either start with the gas magically accelerated, completely skipping my question; pretend it is a force and completely ignore the question; or just outright ignore it.

Again, keeping it simple by using the simplest type of rocket, a cold gas thruster, i.e. a tank of compressed gas:
We have the gas with the rocket. The gas is currently moving with the rocket.
We pick an inertial reference frame where the rocket and gas are stationary.
Now, we open the tank and expose the pressurised gas to the vacuum of space.
What happens?

Does the gas magically stay with the rocket, staying inside the tank, even though it is open to space and thus all rational thought demands the gas leaves?

Or does the gas leave? But that then means its velocity has changed. It has accelerated to leave the tank and now move outwards.
But by Newton's laws of motion, this demands a force.
You do accept that gas has mass right?
Furthermore, by Newton's laws of motion, and your own interpretation of it (which you have posted in this thread), this demands an interaction with another body with this other body also receiving a force and also accelerating.
The only other body around is the rocket.
That means that the rocket must interact with the gas, with the gas being forced and accelerated backwards while the rocket is forced and accelerated forwards.

That means that rockets must work in a vacuum.

This is what you have been repeatedly avoiding, such as by starting with the gas already accelerated so you can ignore the key part, the acceleration of the gas which demands the rocket is also accelerated.

If you disagree, state exactly which part you disagree with and what the alternative is, i.e. what you think.

Do you disagree that the gas will escape and instead think it will magically remain inside the open container exposed to a vacuum?
Do you disagree that the gas has mass?
Do you disagree that the gas must accelerate?
Do you disagree that the gas requires a force to accelerate it?
Do you disagree that a force requires an equal and opposite force and an interaction with another body?
Do you disagree that the rocket is the only other body?

If you can't provide an alternative, then admit rockets work in a vacuum.

Once you admit rockets do work in a vacuum, or provide an alternative which actually addresses the question/issue I have raised, I will fix up your straw-man of my position.

That makes NASA the ONLY institute/company/organisation in the history of mankind with an almost perfect track record.
Hell even the Red Cross can only dream of such a perfect history in which 'to serve the progress of mankind' is the only interrest.
But NASA supporters are a bit like 'Michael Jackson' supporters..... you simply can't discuss the supposed wrongdoings..... because no wrongdoings were committed ever.
Not in the slightest. They have made plenty of mistakes and gotten people killed and have been involved in military projects which were secret which likely also contributed to getting people killed. That is not an almost perfect track record, nor does it mean that serving the progress of mankind is the only interest.