Did NASA really send peopel to the moon ?

• 57 Replies
Did NASA really send peopel to the moon ?
« on: July 19, 2019, 08:04:30 PM »
we know, many people around the world think Apollo 11's lunar expedition is a sort of drama.But by the one thing, the Neil Armstrong's moon expedition is true or false.Earth's size is 50 times larger than the moon.So from the moon the earth can be seen much larger than the moon.If that is the case, then the moon mission is true.Otherwise NASA is in serious error.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:58:58 AM by Abu Jafar »

Macarios

Re: Did NASA really send peopel to the moon
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 10:04:03 PM »
Moon radius is 1737 km and seen from Earth has mean angular diameter of 0.5 degrees.
Earth radius is 6371 km and seen from Moon has mean angular diameter of 1.9 degrees.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2019, 03:38:57 AM »
Earth's size is 50 times larger than the moon.So from the moon the earth can be seen much larger than the moon.If that is the case, then the moon mission is true.
Earth's size being 50 times larger than the moon does not magically make the mission true or false. There are thousands of proofs those prove that so called mission is a child show.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2019, 05:30:04 AM »
Photos of a moonscape, with the Earth in view, or of a landscape with the Moon in view, prove nothing.  It all depends on the focal length of the lens in the camera being used.  If I take a picture on Earth, with the Moon in view, through a long focus lens, the Moon will appear far larger than 'natural'.

Movie makers often exploit this phenomenon for dramatic effect.  In, for instance, 'werewolf' films...

Macarios

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 09:04:04 AM »
The width of an image won't change the proportions between the astronaut and the Earth, only the distance of the camera from the astronaut will.

If an astronaut is 60 cm wide and the camera is 6 m away, the angular width of the astronaut will be 5.7 degrees.
If an astronaut is 60 cm wide and the camera is 60 m away, the angular width of the astronaut will be 0.57 degrees.
In both cases the Earth behind him will be 1.9 degrees wide.

In the first image the astronaut will look nearly 3 times wider than the Earth.
In the second image the astronaut will look nearly 3 times narrower than the Earth.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2019, 11:25:25 PM »
My country is Bangladesh.My language is Bangla.I have no expertise in English language.May I send the text in my language?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 11:40:50 PM »
My country is Bangladesh.My language is Bangla.I have no expertise in English language.May I send the text in my language?

Do not. I think that if you do, you will get a punishment. Managers do not make concessions about implementing the rules. they warned you about it. they may impose a penalty this time.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 04:34:30 AM »
Google Translate does not include Bangla but it does have Bengali.
Is that the same as Bangla or can you read Bengali?

You can post in your own language but keep your posts short.
If might be a good idea to post an English version as well.

This is how Google Translates that into Bengali:
"আপনি নিজের ভাষায় পোস্ট করতে পারেন তবে আপনার পোস্টগুলি সংক্ষিপ্ত রাখুন।
একটি ইংরেজি সংস্করণ পোস্ট করার জন্য ভাল ধারণা হতে পারে।"

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 04:46:23 AM »
we know, many people around the world think Apollo 11's lunar expedition is a sort of drama.But by the one thing, the Neil Armstrong's moon expedition is true or false.Earth's size is 50 times larger than the moon.So from the moon the earth can be seen much larger than the moon.If that is the case, then the moon mission is true.Otherwise NASA is in serious error.
Did NASA really send people to the moon? Yes.

?

dutchy

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 06:54:09 AM »
Did NASA really send people to the moon? Yes.
ahhh NASA were responsable for cramming real human beings in that ‘thing’ (LEM) and providing them with a diper to pee and poop for days. I think we should all reconsider the introduction of some mild form of public trials (where the angry mob can throw tomatoes) and start with NASA top personell . Not the hypothetical ‘coffee lady’ responsable for destroying some tapes of course, ...no solely aimed at the real top dogs.
Those who have an orgasm for a week now, when seeing how their moon propaganda is everywhere.... no hiding place ... ‘the moonlanding anniversary will haunt you down and you WILL take notice and feel it inside....the accomplishments from the technological ’Precambrian’ era....’
To the scaffold with them !!

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:56:59 AM by dutchy »

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2019, 04:57:59 AM »
QUOTE - 'Did NASA really send peopel to the moon'

Well, no, they didn't - they sent PEOPLE to the moon...

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 05:45:30 AM »

Well, no, they didn't - they didn't send neither people, nor peopel nor anything p'else.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 06:19:20 AM »

Well, no, they didn't - they didn't send neither people, nor peopel nor anything p'else.

Prove
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 06:23:19 AM »

OK dude, what about the retro-reflector experiments that I could test for myself?
Did LGM put them there?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2019, 01:43:52 PM »

Prove

Absence does not need to get proven. Prove they sent anything.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2019, 01:52:42 PM »

OK dude, what about the retro-reflector experiments that I could test for myself?
Did LGM put them there?

Do you really believe it, like you believe this telephone called the moon?

Unquestionable it's a miracle that you're living as easily deceived in this age and still alive.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 02:22:22 PM »
Do you really believe that people think Nixon simply "dialed the moon"?

He dialed mission control, Right here on Earth, and was patched via radio transmission.
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 03:10:17 PM »

Did LGM put them there?
First of all, you don't need a manned mission to place retroreflectors on the moon.  The Russians placed two and they never landed a man on the moon.  In fact, NASA is looking at using unmanned missions to place more advanced retroreflectors on the moon.
https://newatlas.com/nasa-upgrade-lunar-laser-experiment/60570/

Secondly, I seriously doubt that you can successfully test the retroreflectors yourself.  Even the pros at the Apache Point Observatory only get about 1 photon return per high energy laser pulse, so I don't think that you're going to get any meaningful results with a stopwatch and a laser pointer.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2019, 09:12:53 PM »

Did LGM put them there?

Do you really believe it, like you believe this telephone called the moon?

Unquestionable it's a miracle that you're living as easily deceived in this age and still alive.
So sorry, but I am not "easily deceived in this age and still alive" but I know a bit about radio signals and you don't!

So it does not need any miracle if you understand S-band radio propagation and have an antenna like this:

Outside the main fence at Honeysuckle Creek on 9th October 1971.

It might also help if you have transmitter power like this available:
A 20-kW S-band transmitter is provided for normal spacecraft communication at all three sites. An additional 400-kW S-band transmitter is available at DSS-43 (Canberra) for
Voyager communication and general emergency commanding.

Can your phone match that ;D?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2019, 04:43:10 AM »

He dialed mission control, Right here on Earth, and was patched via radio transmission.

Mission control has not a magic device can arrive far distances we never can arrive. Otherwise no need to GSM operators. Give all the tasks to NASA and it arrives everywhere. It is a simple lie claiming arrive impossible distances with great radio transmitters. I don't need to believe such urban legends.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2019, 09:11:25 AM »
Now just feels like a really good time for some full fat Apollo 11 goodness. Let's all enjoy this before we continue:

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2019, 02:25:32 AM »

Mission control has not a magic device can arrive far distances we never can arrive. Otherwise no need to GSM operators. Give all the tasks to NASA and it arrives everywhere. It is a simple lie claiming arrive impossible distances with great radio transmitters. I don't need to believe such urban legends.

Unfortunately for you and you alone, it makes no difference what you believe. What do you think was used for communication before GSM?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2019, 05:40:12 AM »

Mission control has not a magic device can arrive far distances we never can arrive. Otherwise no need to GSM operators. Give all the tasks to NASA and it arrives everywhere.
Incorrect! Mission control did have a device that could send radio signals vast distances. And it looked like this:
It does not need any miracle if you understand S-band radio propagation and have an antenna like this:

Outside the main fence at Honeysuckle Creek on 9th October 1971.

It might also help if you have transmitter power like this available:
A 20-kW S-band transmitter is provided for normal spacecraft communication at all three sites. An additional 400-kW S-band transmitter is available at DSS-43 (Canberra) for
Voyager communication and general emergency commanding.

Can your phone match that ;D?
Sure you would have no need of GSM operators - just put one the antennas from the Lunar Module in your back pocket ;D.

But, I'll stick to my 4G phone thanks! That does fit in my pocket.

Denspressure

• What do you, value?
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2019, 02:33:33 AM »
How is it possible that these two jumps line up, one from the moon and one from mythbusters on earth?

https://imgur.com/a/oQalKYB
):

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2019, 04:45:58 AM »

Did LGM put them there?
First of all, you don't need a manned mission to place retroreflectors on the moon.  The Russians placed two and they never landed a man on the moon.  In fact, NASA is looking at using unmanned missions to place more advanced retroreflectors on the moon.
https://newatlas.com/nasa-upgrade-lunar-laser-experiment/60570/

Secondly, I seriously doubt that you can successfully test the retroreflectors yourself.  Even the pros at the Apache Point Observatory only get about 1 photon return per high energy laser pulse, so I don't think that you're going to get any meaningful results with a stopwatch and a laser pointer.

Yes, but I can do the equivalent with radio, and hams do moonbounce all the time ...

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2019, 05:53:12 AM »
How is it possible that these two jumps line up, one from the moon and one from mythbusters on earth?

A wire. The wire can only support the body not the legs and arms but he did get it close the right jump.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2019, 06:56:42 AM »

How is it possible that the dust that the astronaut on the moon kicked up was able to settle so quickly?  Any time I've seen dust kicked up on earth, it usually forms a dust cloud that drifts along with the wind and takes some time to settle back down.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2019, 09:53:57 AM »
NASA can't even keep track of its own finances. Going to the moon is a bit beyond those diaper wearing coke addicts.

Macarios

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2019, 10:47:30 AM »
NASA can't even keep track of its own finances. Going to the moon is a bit beyond those diaper wearing coke addicts.

NASA "can't keep track of their 21.5 billion", and military "can keep track of their 718 billion"? :)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2019, 02:59:33 PM »
Non sequitur and ad hominem.