Coriolis Effect proves a globe

• 69 Replies

mightyfletch

• 14yr Meteorologist...because the Earth is round.
Coriolis Effect proves a globe
« on: July 18, 2019, 08:33:33 PM »
Rising air parcels rotate counterclockwise in the northern hemishpere, while sinking air parcels and ocean currents rotate clockwise.  This large-scale effect is reversed in the southern hemisphere and is more noticeable at higher latitudes.  I have produced highly accurate weather forecasts for the last 14 years, using math that factors in the angular velocity of the rotating globe and the coriolis parameter.  Cyclones in the southern hemisphere would rotate opposite the way they do and be as much as 5 times larger than they actually are.  FE-theory would never be able to forecast out any cyclone with any degree of accuracy. 
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Coriolis Effect proves a globe
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 02:32:57 AM »
It has proven that there isn't anything observed is known as "Coriolis Effect". you should see a doctor about your headache if you see objects do not have to rotate are rotating.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 03:14:59 AM »
It has proven that there isn't anything observed is known as "Coriolis Effect".
Simply saying "It has proven that" means nothing unless you can present that proof.

So please present this proof "that there isn't anything observed is known as Coriolis Effect."

mightyfletch

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 03:45:32 AM »
It has proven that there isn't anything observed is known as "Coriolis Effect". you should see a doctor about your headache if you see objects do not have to rotate are rotating.

We're waiting for you to explain your claim of it being "proven".
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 12:13:56 PM »
Simply saying "It has proven that" means nothing unless you can present that proof.

So please present this proof "that there isn't anything observed is known as Coriolis Effect."

Surely.

1- I claim there isn't anything observed is nown as coriolis effect.
2- You have tried to prove its being observed, failed.
3- It is proved that there isn't anything observed is known as "Coriolis Effect", otherwise you had to know it.

If you have a claim it has not proved, please provide an information about its being observed by using any fair method. It is your turn.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

mightyfletch

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 03:24:18 PM »

Surely.

3- It is proved that there isn't anything observed is known as "Coriolis Effect", otherwise you had to know it.

If you have a claim it has not proved, please provide an information about its being observed by using any fair method. It is your turn.

Proof: in the northern hemisphere, stand outside with your back to the wind.  The lower air pressure will be to your left and higher air pressure will be to your right.

The is called Buys Ballots Law. Anyone can observe this. 

Now, perform this observation in multiple locations across a large area, about the size of Germany, and you will see that the wind circulates counter-clockwise around the center of low air pressure.  Around centers of high air pressure, it circulates clockwise.

WHY does this happen? Why do sinking air parcels follow a clockwise circulation around high pressure in the northern hemisphere? Straight motion deflects to the right in relation to the curvature of a globe.

You can see this by placing a ruler tangent to the 30° north lattitude, for example. You will see the underlying lines of latittude curve to the left of the ruler.

This math principle is part of weather forecast models.  Without it, you would not have over 100 million dowloads of the weather channel app.  No one would ever use it because it would be useless.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
In my opinion the Coriolis effect is best seen in hurricanes, specifically maps of their paths.

The band in the middle lines up with where there is the least coriolis effect.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 05:56:31 PM »

Surely.

YOU said that:
You already claimed that you had proof that "that there isn't anything observed is known as Coriolis Effect."

So present YOUR proof NOW!

In the meantime here's some entertainment for you:

Coriolis Effect | National Geographic from National Geographic

Coriolis Effect by TSG Physics

Coriolis Effect Demonstration (with Drones) by Christopher Lum

Coriolis Force  by Eric Snodgrass
Enjoy!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 09:46:49 PM by rabinoz »

JackBlack

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 08:29:20 PM »
This is not proving anything, it is just trying to shift the burden of proof, while ignoring all the proof that has been provided.

The OP even started off by providing proof from common knowledge with the direction of storm and large scale weather systems.
Not only is that proof of the Coriolis effect, it is also proof that Earth rotates.
You can also get it in a much simpler format with a Foucault's pendulum.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 02:02:21 AM »
This is not proving anything, it is just trying to shift the burden of proof, while ignoring all the proof that has been provided.

Claiming providing proofs does not make something a proof. You have to prove its existance first then you can want to opposite arguments. Burden of proof is in your side.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019, 02:21:27 AM »
Burden of proof is in your side.
No it is NOT!
You have already claimed that:
So either present your proof "that there isn't anything observed is known as 'Coriolis Effect'."
Or admit that your claim was incorrect.

It's too late to back out now!  So which is it?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019, 02:40:23 AM »
No it is NOT!
So either present your proof "that there isn't anything observed is known as 'Coriolis Effect'."

Yes it is. I have proved it has not been proved. It is a proof. Prove the opposite. Since it is proved that coriolis effect is not proved, you can not get a support of something absent proves something. Since coriolis effect is absent it can not prove anything.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019, 03:16:31 AM »
No it is NOT!

Yes it is. I have proved it has not been proved. It is a proof. Prove the opposite. Since it is proved that coriolis effect is not proved, you can not get a support of something absent proves something. Since coriolis effect is absent it can not prove anything.
Not good enough!
You have never "proved it has not been proved" you simply said "It has proven that there isn't anything observed is known as 'Coriolis Effect'."

So you obviously admit that you cannot disprove the Coriolis effect.

Bye then,  don't bother replying unless you have found that proof.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 03:27:55 AM »
It looks as though no flat earther is prepared to even offer an answer to the topic, "Coriolis Effect proves a globe".

Just consider that anyone can observe the the four distinct situations observed for High and Low Pressure Weather systems in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

These include the intense low pressure systems,  Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones. These four distinct situations observed are:

Northern Hemisphere

Southern Hemisphere
Rotation direction of Highs

Clockwise

Anti-clockwise
Rotation direction of Lows

Anti-clockwise

Clockwise
Just look at weather maps that show highs, lows and wind directions to verify this for yourself.

Explain that without the Coriolis effect!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2019, 03:45:54 AM »
intense low pressure systems,  Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones are represented in a map provided by NASA or its partners. These are so called satellite view presentatios (not real photos). Since satellites are already isn't exist so these video representations are all fake.

There are not a real footage of Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones took a real time camera by high altitude show them spinning any direction.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 05:35:20 AM »
intense low pressure systems,  Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones are represented in a map provided by NASA or its partners. These are so called satellite view presentatios (not real photos). Since satellites are already isn't exist so these video representations are all fake.
I mentioned no satellies or photos from satellites. The things that I described need no satellites of photos from satellites! They are simple weather map observations.

Surely you understand s simple weather map with its high and low-pressure regions?
Surely you understand that hurricanes, typhoons and cyclones rotate anti-clockwise in the Northern Hemisphere but rotate clockwise in the Southern Hemisphere?

NASA has nothing to do with it and these things but they are very important to pilots!
Have a look at: Coriolis, Isobars and PGF - Meteorology for dummies..

mightyfletch

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2019, 08:34:00 AM »

There are not a real footage of Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones took a real time camera by high altitude show them spinning any direction.

Did you go outside and perform the experiment I gave you?  Stand with your back to the wind, low pressure is to your left.  This is the easiest way to prove the coriolis effect.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 02:41:56 AM »

Did you go outside and perform the experiment I gave you?  Stand with your back to the wind, low pressure is to your left.  This is the easiest way to prove the coriolis effect.

I did it now. According to your claiming;

I have proved the coriolis effect is not exist. Else brillant suggestions?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 02:42:54 AM »
I mentioned no satellies or photos from satellites. The things that I described need no satellites of photos from satellites! They are simple weather map observations.

Who did these observations? Why do we have to trust the claimings of so called spin directions? We do not have to. You can not support a lie with another lie. It was the method suggested in torah 2500 years ago. It is not working anymore.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 02:46:48 AM »

Who did these observations? Why do we have to trust the claimings of so called spin directions? We do not have to. You can not support a lie with another lie. It was the method suggested in torah 2500 years ago. It is not working anymore.

It appears to be your default debating style, anything or anyone you don’t like or understand you call lies or liars.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 03:07:03 AM »

It appears to be your default debating style, anything or anyone you don’t like or understand you call lies or liars.

Explicitly, the term lie or lying is not used as an argument but just the reminder that a lie cannot be supported by another lie. You are trivializing the issue. Your post has nothing about issue but insulting.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 05:28:23 AM »

I refuse to debate with someone who calls these measurements "lies"!
But for your information, I am not supporting any lie and you have never shown any evidence that what I claimed was not true!

But what YOU call "so-called spin directions" can be observed by anyone with experience in cyclones and hurricanes or anyone that bother to understand weather maps.

The map in sokarul's post has nothing to do with NASA and is simply a map of the tracks of hurricanes, typhoons and cyclones.
This information comes mainly from weather services and often from the numerous weather radar sites around the world - we have at least three within range of here.
In my opinion the Coriolis effect is best seen in hurricanes, specifically maps of their paths.

The band in the middle lines up with where there is the least coriolis effect.

Surely you must be familiar with weather maps like that in here:
Wind Direction Maps
Below is the BOM synoptic chart for a day early in June.  High pressure zones cause the heated air to rise from low down to first move upwards then outwards in anti-clockwise spirals, whereas the low pressure areas create the opposite, they draw air inwards and downwards in clockwise spirals.  (ie in the Southern Hemisphere). I have added some coloured arrows below  to highlight these ideas.  If the weather was so easy to predict then our life would be so much easier, however in reality there are so many influences,  and we are lucky if we get half of it right :-) As we can see from the information above the wind directions locally can switch around quite quickly and rarely follow the precise patterns given in a synoptic chart, hence the usefulness of a local weather station.   

Note how here in the Southern Hemisphere the winds blow clockwise around "Lows" and anti-clockwise around "Highs".

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2019, 05:36:41 AM »

Surely you must be familiar with weather maps like that in here:

Sorry I don't get what you meant. This map proves nothing. Even it proves otherwise. What can be easier than to add some arrows which direction you want to an empty map?

If you want, I can correct your tropical storm map too. Just open an empty mercador projection and draw on it some lines. What is evidence here, other than you can draw lines?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

mightyfletch

« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2019, 08:34:59 AM »

I did it now. According to your claiming;

I have proved the coriolis effect is not exist. Else brillant suggestions?
[/quote]

How far away were your air pressure measurements, and what values did you get?

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2019, 11:36:45 AM »
One thing I would like to point out based on the storm tracks in the previously provided images, notice how no storm has EVER crossed the equator.   There is a sharp line alone the equator that marks the boundaries of storms in the southern and northern hemisphere.  This is because it is impossible for any storm to ever cross the equator.   This is due to the coriolis effect and the fact that storms spin one direction in the northern hemisphere and the other direction in the southern hemisphere.   To cross the equator a storm would literally have to change its direction of rotation.
Whether you believe in a flat earth or round earth, something is keeping storms from crossing the equator.  The round earth model has a nice explanation for this (the coriolis effect).   What reason does the flat earth model have for storms never crossing the equator?

JackBlack

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2019, 03:34:33 PM »
One thing I would like to point out based on the storm tracks in the previously provided images, notice how no storm has EVER crossed the equator.
I thought they could cross the equator, it was just quite rare.
They die quite quickly near the equator as there is nothing to keep them rotating.

What we never see is one cross the equator and keep going/get stronger.

« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2019, 06:12:51 PM »
One thing I would like to point out based on the storm tracks in the previously provided images, notice how no storm has EVER crossed the equator.
They die quite quickly near the equator as there is nothing to keep them rotating.

I should clarify.  Based on the data provided, no known storm has crossed the equator.   I said a hurricane/cyclone cannot cross the equator.  It is theoretically possible for a storm to cross the equator and maintain its spin direction even against the coriolis force.  it would have to be a very intense storm, but i suppose it is possible.  It is just extremely unlikely and as I said, it has never been seen in the satellite era, since we have been able to track storms from space (the last 50-60 years).   Generally speaking hurricanes get weaker as they get closer to the equator, but that does not rule out the possibility that a storm could be intense enough to cross the equator and maintain its spin against the coriolis effect.  The images provided in a previous post clearly shows that no hurricanes have ever crossed the equator, but just because it has not happened in the last 50 years, does not mean it cannot EVER happen.  it just means its very unlikely.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »
Sorry I don't get what you meant. This map proves nothing. Even it proves otherwise. What can be easier than to add some arrows which direction you want to an empty map?
That map proves a lot!
It proves that you have no understanding of meteorology and have no chance of understanding Highs, Lows, Hurricanes, Typhoons or Cyclones.
Hence you cannot possibly understand the significance of the wind directions around each.
Quote from: wise
If you want, I can correct your tropical storm map too. Just open an empty mercador projection and draw on it some lines. What is evidence here, other than you can draw lines?
The "lines" are the paths of all recorded Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones showing that they do not cross the equator and there is an obvious band either side of the equator where there are very few.

I really don't know why you bother posting of topics that you obviously know nothing about.

mightyfletch

« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2019, 09:34:37 PM »

Okay, so where we stand is that the flat-earthers don't want to perform the weather observation, showing the coriolis effect. They don't trust the methodology of any experiment that proves a round Earth, and they don't trust anything observed by other people.

Maybe FE is actually a medical condition.  I wonder if it is covered by Obamacare.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2019, 09:58:39 PM »
Maybe FE is actually a medical condition.  I wonder if it is covered by Obamacare.
This is becoming Complete Nonsense: More R.I.P. Flat Earth - The Coriolis Effect « Reply #31 on: Today at 02:54:48 PM ».