Coriolis Effect proves a globe

• 69 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
Re: Coriolis Effect proves a globe
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2019, 12:43:53 AM »
Sorry I don't get what you meant. This map proves nothing. Even it proves otherwise. What can be easier than to add some arrows which direction you want to an empty map?
That map proves a lot!
It proves that you have no understanding of meteorology and have no chance of understanding Highs, Lows, Hurricanes, Typhoons or Cyclones.
Hence you cannot possibly understand the significance of the wind directions around each.
Nope. It does not prove anything. your claim its prove anything does not magically prove anything. meteorology is the presentation of repetitive weather events with the help of statistics. There is nothing in a weather forecast about wind directions or weather events. These things are making up depends on real forecast comes from statistics.
boydster the angry globalist being a mod is my red line. During he continues to be mod, others will be ignored till infinity.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2019, 01:41:19 AM »
Sorry I don't get what you meant. This map proves nothing. Even it proves otherwise. What can be easier than to add some arrows which direction you want to an empty map?
That map proves a lot!
It proves that you have no understanding of meteorology and have no chance of understanding Highs, Lows, Hurricanes, Typhoons or Cyclones.
Hence you cannot possibly understand the significance of the wind directions around each.
Nope. It does not prove anything. your claim its prove anything does not magically prove anything. meteorology is the presentation of repetitive weather events with the help of statistics. There is nothing in a weather forecast about wind directions or weather events. These things are making up depends on real forecast comes from statistics.
I showed you a synoptic weather chart that is used to assist in weather forecasting and you refused to explain it.
Here, this one:
Wind Direction Maps
Below is the BOM synoptic chart for a day early in June.  High pressure zones cause the heated air to rise from low down to first move upwards then outwards in anti-clockwise spirals, whereas the low pressure areas create the opposite, they draw air inwards and downwards in clockwise spirals.  (ie in the Southern Hemisphere). I have added some coloured arrows below  to highlight these ideas.  If the weather was so easy to predict then our life would be so much easier, however in reality there are so many influences,  and we are lucky if we get half of it right :-) As we can see from the information above the wind directions locally can switch around quite quickly and rarely follow the precise patterns given in a synoptic chart, hence the usefulness of a local weather station.   

Note how here in the Southern Hemisphere the winds blow clockwise around "Lows" and anti-clockwise around "Highs".

If you are ignorant of such things then read this: How to read synoptic weather charts

Don't blame me for your ignorance about meteorology,

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2019, 05:21:21 AM »

Don't blame me for my ignorance about meteorology,

Okay I don't blame you for your ignorance about meteorology. We know everything about meteorology is a statistics relevant with moon and sun position and hours and a few other small affects. I've done a working about it. I think you want to me motivate to continue that working. Why do you do that? Anyways.

All we see that how here in the Southern Hemisphere the winds blow both clockwise and anti clockwise around "Lows" and both clockwise and anti-clockwise around "Highs".
boydster the angry globalist being a mod is my red line. During he continues to be mod, others will be ignored till infinity.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2019, 05:46:39 AM »

Don't blame me for my ignorance about meteorology,

Okay I don't blame you for your ignorance about meteorology. We know everything about meteorology is a statistics relevant with moon and sun position and hours and a few other small affects. I've done a working about it. I think you want to me motivate to continue that working. Why do you do that? Anyways.

All we see that how here in the Southern Hemisphere the winds blow both clockwise and anti clockwise around "Lows" and both clockwise and anti-clockwise around "Highs".
No, they do not "blow both clockwise and anti clockwise around 'Lows' and both clockwise and anti-clockwise around 'Highs'.
In the Southern Hemisphere the winds blow clockwise around 'Lows' and anti-clockwise around 'Highs'. Get used to the facts for once in your life!

Except in the drawing that YOU FAKED!
And I'm getting totally sick of your continually altering the contents of quotes and altering photos and diagrams!

Snce you obviously have no useful information to add on the topic we are done here too!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2019, 05:51:31 AM »

Snce you obviously have no useful information to add on the topic we are done here too!

You are constantly done but other you's never done, we know.  :)

Your writing red and bold proves you are in anger. Why so anger? So you know you are wrong , cornered and start to be an angry globularist one more time, right?

I don't blame you for your ignorance about meteorology. It definitely is a statistic repeating itself depends on moon and sun location. Your claiming its relationship with some effects have no value more than claiming its being relevant with anything lonegranger has in his hand.

« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2019, 09:02:55 AM »

Your writing red and bold proves you are in anger. Why so anger? So you know you are wrong , cornered and start to be an angry globularist one more time, right?

I don't blame you for your ignorance about meteorology. It definitely is a statistic repeating itself depends on moon and sun location. Your claiming its relationship with some effects have no value more than claiming its being relevant with anything lonegranger has in his hand.
? moon and sun location, where are thy on the map, how do thy make changes on the map?
That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is.
That that is, is that that is. Not is not. Is that it? It is.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2019, 02:04:56 PM »
You mean we see that you just grow and draw on extra arrows to ignore the evidence that shows you are wrong.

If you don't trust the mountains of evidence provided by others, feel free to go and obtain it all yourself.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2019, 03:22:07 PM »

Your writing red and bold proves you are in anger. Why so anger?
Not anger, just disgust that you would stoop so low as to change what I said and change the diagram that I used!

Quote from: wise
So you know you are wrong , cornered and start to be an angry globularist one more time, right?
Incorrect again!

Quote from: wise
Incorrect again!

Your repeatedly changing my quotes and repeatedly falsifying my diagrams proves that you are dishonest and I do not debate proven dishonest people.

Come back when you are prepared for an honest debate without your altering my quotes and my diagrams.

mightyfletch

• 14yr Meteorologist...because the Earth is round.
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »

This is the current surface wind analysis showing clockwise circulation around a High in the north central U.S. and counterclockwise rotation around a Low in southeast U.S., consistent with the coriolis effect.  There are hundres of millions of people who are experiencing the effect of these weather systems.  This proves Coriolis.
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!

mightyfletch

« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2019, 09:18:24 PM »

This is the current surface wind analysis showing clockwise circulation around a High in the north central U.S. and counterclockwise rotation around a Low in southeast U.S., consistent with the coriolis effect.  There are hundres of millions of people who are experiencing the effect of these weather systems.  This proves Coriolis.

To help with how this works across the globe, here is an illustration of the global circulations.

Notice in the northern hemisphere, sinking air deflects to right, following a clockwise direction.

By the way, the FE Society reference on Coriolis is incorrectly referencing ocean circulations in the northern hemisphere.  Those clockwise circulations follow the rules of the Coriolis effect, but the FE page mistakenly says they're supposed to follow a counterclockwise path.  The FE society though the rule of counterclockwise rotation in the northern hemisphere applied to everything.  You'd figure after 12 years someone would have caught that.
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2019, 11:43:22 PM »
It proves nothing. You are free to write numbers which ever you want on an empty map. Grow up and learn what is real argument. Above childish drawings definitely are not argument. Their being belong to any institutions do not make them magically arguments. Because we are already denying their -so called- profession.

Macarios

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2019, 05:09:24 AM »
Here is some testing of the east / west shots, where Earth's rotation lenghtens or shortens the bullet travel.

Bullets don't care if we like these results or not.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

mightyfletch

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2019, 09:47:52 AM »
It proves nothing. You are free to write numbers which ever you want on an empty map. Grow up and learn what is real argument. Above childish drawings definitely are not argument. Their being belong to any institutions do not make them magically arguments. Because we are already denying their -so called- profession.

If you don't beleive the hundred million people experiencing these weather conditions, you can go measure them yourself.

Also, the last flight you took relied on weather professionals so the plane wouldn't crash.  They're real people doing important stuff.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 01:11:21 PM by mightyfletch »

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2019, 08:20:44 PM »
Rising air parcels rotate counterclockwise in the northern hemishpere, while sinking air parcels and ocean currents rotate clockwise.  This large-scale effect is reversed in the southern hemisphere and is more noticeable at higher latitudes.  I have produced highly accurate weather forecasts for the last 14 years, using math that factors in the angular velocity of the rotating globe and the coriolis parameter.  Cyclones in the southern hemisphere would rotate opposite the way they do and be as much as 5 times larger than they actually are.  FE-theory would never be able to forecast out any cyclone with any degree of accuracy.

I hear snipers have to account for the Coriolis Effect because of Earths rotation. Does this mean the target will have moved with the rotation of Earth before the fired projectile hits it's target?
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

mightyfletch

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2019, 09:53:40 PM »
Rising air parcels rotate counterclockwise in the northern hemishpere, while sinking air parcels and ocean currents rotate clockwise.  This large-scale effect is reversed in the southern hemisphere and is more noticeable at higher latitudes.  I have produced highly accurate weather forecasts for the last 14 years, using math that factors in the angular velocity of the rotating globe and the coriolis parameter.  Cyclones in the southern hemisphere would rotate opposite the way they do and be as much as 5 times larger than they actually are.  FE-theory would never be able to forecast out any cyclone with any degree of accuracy.

I hear snipers have to account for the Coriolis Effect because of Earths rotation. Does this mean the target will have moved with the rotation of Earth before the fired projectile hits it's target?
Yes. The bullet leaves the stationary rifle in a straight line.  The Earth is moving underneath the bullet path. The apparent effect is the bullet curves slightly to the right.  The actual movement is the ground moving to left as the Earth rotates.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2019, 10:07:28 PM »

Yes. Though the important point is that when firing north or south the target moves east a slightly different distance than the bullet.
Over sniper ranges it is just one effect, along with windage, fall, target motion and aiming accuracy.

A far more significant effect is on long range artillery and ballistic missiles.
Have a look at this and the rest of the article:
The Dreadnought Project: Coriolis effect

The Coriolis effect is a perceptual cause of apparent influence on a long range projectile's flight attributable to a continual change in frame of reference as it arcs high above a round and spinning planet. It is often falsely thought to be a physical force, but this is not the case.

By World War II, long range naval gunnery had evolved to the point that the Coriolis effect was treated as part of the technological synthesis of a gunnery solution in battle. In World War I, however, it was largely left untreated — and for sound reason.

Nature of the Effect

The Coriolis effect is caused by changes in the distance between a shell in flight across latitudes and the axis of the earth's rotation. If we consider the most extreme illustration of this, a shell fired from the North Pole along the Prime Meridian to arrive after a 1 hour time-of-flight at the equator, it is easier to visualise. In this simplified case, the shell watches the impact zone spin away from it for a full hour. The gunners, spinning with their mounting, will see the shell appear to wander to the right 15 degrees (360/24) from what they felt was its point of aim, as though an invisible hand had pushed it. If they had fired northward, the direction of apparent error in deflection would have been to the left. More realistically moderate differences in firing and impact latitude and time-of-flight would have more moderate influence on the discrepancy in firing bearing and observed impact bearing. It is an issue, however modest, in extremely long range gunnery.
And BIG BOOK OF WARFARE and other stuff: Correcting for the Coriolis Effect
Neither of these is interested in the flat earth/Globe question.

Plat Terra

• I am a Neutral Flat Earther
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2019, 10:11:12 PM »

Yes. The bullet leaves the stationary rifle in a straight line.  The Earth is moving underneath the bullet path. The apparent effect is the bullet curves slightly to the right.  The actual movement is the ground moving to left as the Earth rotates.

Well, the stationary rifle is really already moving with the Earth, so when the projectile is fired it's already in motion with the Earth, hence no need for any adjustments.

And if the Earth has already rotated while the projectile is in route, what direction will a fluffy feather fall on a calm still morning?

And balloonist's don't all drift the same direction on a calm still morning.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 10:27:37 PM by Plat Terra »
The Globe community is incapable of verifying Earth has the curvature calculated through experiment or claimed by anyone. They can measure a band of helium but they can’t actually measure and verify the dictated curvature of any landmass or canal. Why not?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2019, 11:02:19 PM »
Well, the stationary rifle is really already moving with the Earth, so when the projectile is fired it's already in motion with the Earth, hence no need for any adjustments.
But the earth's surface velocity varies with latitude from about 464 m/s at the equator, 323 m/s at 45° latitude to zero at the poles.
In WW1 the Germans were firing on Paris (48.8566° N) from Picardy (49.6636° N) about 113 km almost due North.
At Picardy the earth's surface velocity would be 300.23 m/s and in Paris 305.18 m/s.
Writer and journalist Adam Hochschild put it this way: "It took about three minutes for each giant shell to cover the distance to the city, climbing to an altitude of 25 miles (40 km) at the top of its trajectory."

I'll let you work out why they had to allow for the Coriolis effect. See lat Earth Debate / Re: Long Range Snipers & the Coriolis Effect.

Quote from: Plat Terra
And if the Earth has already rotated while the projectile is in route, what direction will a fluffy feather fall on a calm still morning?

All of which is quite irrelevant to a projectile from a gun with a muzzle velocity of 1,640 m/s .

Stash

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2019, 11:27:49 PM »

Not really addressing your questions directly other than on the planet, the Coriolis Effect is ever so slight. But if you magnify it, as in this demonstration, it kind of helps to get the concept. And it's cool:

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2019, 03:29:26 AM »
Yes, but not as a simple case of moving just based upon the rotation.
The bullet will have a sideways velocity due to the rotation as well, and it is this linear velocity that is conserved. It wont just rotate with Earth.
A simple case to consider is shooting inwards or outwards, i.e. towards or away from the axis of rotation. This means the bullet is moving faster than the target. It keeps this greater sideways velocity and thus would miss the target if you aimed directly at it, ending up too far east.
If instead you shot from the inside out then the sideways velocity of the bullet is less and it misses to the west.
Note that in the northern hemisphere this means it misses to the right, regardless of what direction you shoot.
In the southern hemisphere it will miss to the left.

Macarios

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2019, 06:19:35 AM »

Target is also moving with the Earth and it is not where the bullet was aiming when fired.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

mightyfletch

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2019, 08:47:30 AM »

The rifle is moving with the Earth, but the Earth rotates in a curve, which a bullet can't follow once it has exited the barrel.  That's why it it ends up to the right.  The bullet follows a straight path, while the Earth follows a curved path.  From the perspective of a shooter, it appears that the bullet curves to the right.

mightyfletch

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2019, 09:56:57 AM »
Still waiting for a FE explanation for the Coriolis effect. 

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2019, 10:39:09 AM »
The Coriolis force involves a rotating frame of reference: either the Earth is revolving around its own axis, or the ether drift is rotating above the surface of the Earth.

That is why the Coriolis force, gyrocompasses, Foucault's pendulum cannot be used to prove either geocentricity or heliocentricity.

The deciding factor is the GLOBAL SAGNAC EFFECT.

The fact that satellites DO NOT register/record either the orbital Coriolis effect or the rotational Sagnac effect has forced mainstream science to accept the local-aether model.

Mach's principle, Barbour-Bertotti experiment:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg953747#msg953747

Global Sagnac effect formula derivation (MGX, ring laser gyroscopes):

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2117351#msg2117351

Flat earth long distance artillery projectiles DePalma effect:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2029817#msg2029817

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2032069#msg2032069

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2106204#msg2106204

Now, I am going to put an end to your presence here as a professional meteorologist.

Here is the barometer pressure paradox.

"It has been known now for two and a half centuries, that there are more or less daily variations in the height of the barometer, culminating in two maxima and two minima during the course of 24 hours. The same observation has been made and puzzled over at every station at which pressure records were kept and studied, but without success in finding for it the complete physical explanation."

First, the correct station pressure data as it is measured all around the world.

First reference.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DATA:

The most basic change in pressure is the twice daily rise and fall in due to the heating from the sun. Each day, around 4 a.m./p.m. the pressure is at its lowest and near its peak around 10 a.m./p.m. The magnitude of the daily cycle is greatest near the equator decreasing toward the poles.

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/yos/resource/JetStream/atmos/pressure.htm

Each day, around 4 a.m./p.m. the pressure is at its lowest and near its peak around 10 a.m./p.m.

Second reference.

GRAPHS SHOWING THE DAILY SEMIDIURNAL BAROMETRIC PRESSURE CHANGES AT 10:00 AM/10:00 PM (MAXIMUMS) AND 4:00 PM/4:00 AM (MINIMUMS):

http://www.geografia.fflch.usp.br/graduacao/apoio/Apoio/Apoio_Elisa/flg0355/textos/Ahrens_cap9.pdf (PG. 211)

Third reference.

A remarkable characteristic of the semi-diurnal barometric variation is the regularity of the occurrence of the maxima and minima and their uniformity in time of day in all latitudes. While the amplitude of these waves may vary greatly with latitude, with elevation, and with location, whether over the sea or over the land, the local times of maxima and minima are very constant.

http://www.archive.org/stream/bulletinobserv06terruoft/bulletinobserv06terruoft_djvu.txt
(Bulletin of Applied Physical Science)

A remarkable characteristic of the semi-diurnal barometric variation is the regularity of the occurrence of the maxima and minima and their uniformity in time of day in all latitudes.

ALL LATITUDES, no exception recorded.

EVER.

Fourth reference.

It has been known now for two and a half centuries, that there are more or less daily variations in the height of the barometer, culminating in two maxima and two minima during the course of 24 hours. The same observation has been made and puzzled over at every station at which pressure records were kept and studied, but without success in finding for it the complete physical explanation. In speaking of the diurnal and semidiurnal variations of the barometer, Lord Rayleigh says: ‘The relative magnitude of the latter [semidiurnal variations], as observed at most parts of the earth’s surface, is still a mystery, all the attempted explanations being illusory.

Fifth reference.

The atmospheric pressure is greatest at about 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 pm. and least at about 4:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The variations are primarily the result of the combined effects of the sun's gravitational attraction and solar heating, with solar heating being the major component.

http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00001262/00001

THIS REFERENCE EVEN HAS A GRAPH ATTACHED WHICH DOES SHOW THE 10:00 AM AND 10:00 PM MAXIMUMS (PAGE 569).

The best reference from Soil Engineering.

The atmospheric pressure is greatest at about 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 pm. and least at about 4:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Sixth reference.

The barometric pressure curve shows a portion of the normal twice-daily oscillation that occurs due to solar and lunar gravitational forces (atmospheric tides), with high pressures at approximately 10:00 AM and PM, and low pressures at 4:00 AM and PM.

http://info.ngwa.org/gwol/pdf/930158405.PDF

Seventh reference.

http://www-das.uwyo.edu/~geerts/cwx/notes/chap01/diurnal.html

Surface pressure measurements in Taiwan (at 25 deg. N) are least around 4am and (especially) 4 pm Local Standard Time, and most around (especially) 10am, and 10pm LST; the amplitude of the semidiurnal cycle is about 1.4 hPa.

Eighth reference.

http://books.google.ro/books?id=vNkZAQAAIAAJ&pg=RA1-PA217&lpg=RA1-PA217&dq=barometer+pressure+semidiurnal+change+10+am+4+pm&source=bl&ots=zgQHfJMC_w&sig=NMbmgLuqwPVwEfGVp3WuSu8Mdgg&hl=ro&sa=X&ei=-As4UqWRL4qp4ATI2ICIBA&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=barometer%20pressure%20semidiurnal%20change%2010%20am%204%20pm&f=false

THIS IS REAL SCIENCE: DAILY SEMIDIURNAL CHANGES IN THE BAROMETER PRESSURE READING.

Maximums at 10:00 am and 10:00 pm, and minimums at 4:00 am and 4:00 pm.

Ninth reference.

Humboldt carried a barometer with him on his famous South American journeys of 1799-1804. In his book Cosmos he remarked that the two daily maxima at about 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. were so regular that his barometer could serve somewhat as a clock.

http://www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/29_Atmos_Tides.pdf

U.S. Weather Bureau, “Ten-Year Normals of Pressure Tendencies and Hourly Station Pressures for the United States,”
Technical Paper No. 1, Washington, D.C. 1943.

Semidiurnal variations: maximums at 10:00 am/10:00 pm and minimums at 4:00 pm/4:00 am

Surface pressure exhibits a remarkably stable semidiurnal oscillation with maxima at 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. and minima at 4 a.m. and 4 p.m. local time. This semidiurnal oscillation in surface pressure is a universal phenomenon observed worldwide and can be identified even in disturbed weather conditions.

http://amselvam.webs.com/SEN1/bio2met.htm

The most basic change in pressure is the twice daily rise and fall in due to the heating from the sun. Each day, around 4 a.m./p.m. the pressure is at its lowest and near its peak around 10 a.m./p.m.

A remarkable characteristic of the semi-diurnal barometric variation is the regularity of the occurrence of the maxima and minima and their uniformity in time of day in all latitudes. (Bulletin of Applied Physical Science)

Surface pressure exhibits a remarkably stable semidiurnal oscillation with maxima at 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. and minima at 4 a.m. and 4 p.m. local time. This semidiurnal oscillation in surface pressure is a universal phenomenon observed worldwide and can be identified even in disturbed weather conditions.

BAROMETER PRESSURE PARADOX

One maximum is at 10 a.m., the other at 10 p.m.; the two minima are at 4 a.m. and 4 p.m.

The heating effect of the sun can explain neither the time when the maxima appear nor the time of the minima of these semidiurnal variations.

If the pressure becomes lower without the air becoming lighter through a lateral expansion due to heat, this must mean that the same mass of air gravitates with changing force at different hours.

Lord Rayleigh: ‘The relative magnitude of the latter [semidiurnal variations], as observed at most parts of the earth’s surface, is still a mystery, all the attempted explanations being illusory.’

Currently, the barometer pressure paradox CANNOT BE EXPLAINED AT ALL.

Richard Lindzen tried, some 40 years ago, to include the effects of ozone and water absorption in the atmospheric tide equations; notwithstanding that in his original paper he did express some doubts, the scientific community happily concluded that the barometer pressure paradox has been solved.

Not by a long shot.

Here is S.J. Woolnough's paper detailing the gross error/omission made by Lindzen.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/10.1175/JAS3290.1

While the surface pressure signal of the simulated atmospheric tides in the model agree well with both theory and observations in their magnitude and phase, sensitivity experiments suggest that the role of the stratospheric ozone in forcing the semidiurnal tide is much reduced compared to theoretical predictions. Furthermore, the influence of the cloud radiative effects seems small. It is suggested that the radiative heating profile in the troposphere, associated primarily with the water vapor distribution, is more important than previously thought for driving the semidiurnal tide.

sokarul

• Discount Chemist
« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2019, 12:06:07 PM »
Looks to me like hurricanes register the coriolis effect.

In my opinion the Coriolis effect is best seen in hurricanes, specifically maps of their paths.

The band in the middle lines up with where there is the least coriolis effect.
Sokarul

ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2019, 01:53:02 PM »
The Coriolis force involves a rotating frame of reference: either the Earth is revolving around its own axis, or the ether drift is rotating above the surface of the Earth.
Except there is no justification for it in the context of ether drift.
Why should ether drifting affect a pendulum?
Especially as the ether doesn't exist.

Something which you have repeatedly shown you do not understand.

If you want to discuss the Sagnac effect, go run back to one of the countless threads that had already discussed it and shown that your claims regarding it are pure fiction.

It has no place here.

Mach's principle
Mach's principle is nothing more than an unsubstantiated claim which makes no sense at all.

Do you have anything to say on the topic, or just mountains of spam?

mightyfletch

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2019, 02:35:18 PM »

That is why the Coriolis force, gyrocompasses, Foucault's pendulum cannot be used to prove either geocentricity or heliocentricity.

The fact that satellites DO NOT register/record either the orbital Coriolis effect or the rotational Sagnac effect has forced mainstream science to accept the local-aether model.

Mach's principle, Barbour-Bertotti experiment:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg953747#msg953747

Global Sagnac effect formula derivation (MGX, ring laser gyroscopes):

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2117351#msg2117351

Flat earth long distance artillery projectiles DePalma effect:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2029817#msg2029817

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2032069#msg2032069

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg2106204#msg2106204

Now, I am going to put an end to your presence here as a professional meteorologist.

Here is the barometer pressure paradox.

"It has been known now for two and a half centuries, that there are more or less daily variations in the height of the barometer, culminating in two maxima and two minima during the course of 24 hours. The same observation has been made and puzzled over at every station at which pressure records were kept and studied, but without success in finding for it the complete physical explanation."

First, the correct station pressure data as it is measured all around the world.

First reference.

The most basic change in pressure is the twice daily rise and fall in due to the heating from the sun. Each day, around 4 a.m./p.m. the pressure is at its lowest and near its peak around 10 a.m./p.m. The magnitude of the daily cycle is greatest near the equator decreasing toward the poles.

http://oceanservice.noaa.gov/education/yos/resource/JetStream/atmos/pressure.htm

Each day, around 4 a.m./p.m. the pressure is at its lowest and near its peak around 10 a.m./p.m.

Second reference.

GRAPHS SHOWING THE DAILY SEMIDIURNAL BAROMETRIC PRESSURE CHANGES AT 10:00 AM/10:00 PM (MAXIMUMS) AND 4:00 PM/4:00 AM (MINIMUMS):

http://www.geografia.fflch.usp.br/graduacao/apoio/Apoio/Apoio_Elisa/flg0355/textos/Ahrens_cap9.pdf (PG. 211)

Third reference.

A remarkable characteristic of the semi-diurnal barometric variation is the regularity of the occurrence of the maxima and minima and their uniformity in time of day in all latitudes. While the amplitude of these waves may vary greatly with latitude, with elevation, and with location, whether over the sea or over the land, the local times of maxima and minima are very constant.

http://www.archive.org/stream/bulletinobserv06terruoft/bulletinobserv06terruoft_djvu.txt
(Bulletin of Applied Physical Science)

A remarkable characteristic of the semi-diurnal barometric variation is the regularity of the occurrence of the maxima and minima and their uniformity in time of day in all latitudes.

EVER.

Fourth reference.

It has been known now for two and a half centuries, that there are more or less daily variations in the height of the barometer, culminating in two maxima and two minima during the course of 24 hours. The same observation has been made and puzzled over at every station at which pressure records were kept and studied, but without success in finding for it the complete physical explanation. In speaking of the diurnal and semidiurnal variations of the barometer, Lord Rayleigh says: ‘The relative magnitude of the latter [semidiurnal variations], as observed at most parts of the earth’s surface, is still a mystery, all the attempted explanations being illusory.

Fifth reference.

The atmospheric pressure is greatest at about 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 pm. and least at about 4:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. The variations are primarily the result of the combined effects of the sun's gravitational attraction and solar heating, with solar heating being the major component.

http://ufdc.ufl.edu/UF00001262/00001

THIS REFERENCE EVEN HAS A GRAPH ATTACHED WHICH DOES SHOW THE 10:00 AM AND 10:00 PM MAXIMUMS (PAGE 569).

The best reference from Soil Engineering.

The atmospheric pressure is greatest at about 10:00 a.m. and 10:00 pm. and least at about 4:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Sixth reference.

The barometric pressure curve shows a portion of the normal twice-daily oscillation that occurs due to solar and lunar gravitational forces (atmospheric tides), with high pressures at approximately 10:00 AM and PM, and low pressures at 4:00 AM and PM.

http://info.ngwa.org/gwol/pdf/930158405.PDF

Seventh reference.

http://www-das.uwyo.edu/~geerts/cwx/notes/chap01/diurnal.html

Surface pressure measurements in Taiwan (at 25 deg. N) are least around 4am and (especially) 4 pm Local Standard Time, and most around (especially) 10am, and 10pm LST; the amplitude of the semidiurnal cycle is about 1.4 hPa.

Eighth reference.

http://books.google.ro/books?id=vNkZAQAAIAAJ&pg=RA1-PA217&lpg=RA1-PA217&dq=barometer+pressure+semidiurnal+change+10+am+4+pm&source=bl&ots=zgQHfJMC_w&sig=NMbmgLuqwPVwEfGVp3WuSu8Mdgg&hl=ro&sa=X&ei=-As4UqWRL4qp4ATI2ICIBA&ved=0CEAQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=barometer%20pressure%20semidiurnal%20change%2010%20am%204%20pm&f=false

THIS IS REAL SCIENCE: DAILY SEMIDIURNAL CHANGES IN THE BAROMETER PRESSURE READING.

Maximums at 10:00 am and 10:00 pm, and minimums at 4:00 am and 4:00 pm.

Ninth reference.

Humboldt carried a barometer with him on his famous South American journeys of 1799-1804. In his book Cosmos he remarked that the two daily maxima at about 10 a.m. and 10 p.m. were so regular that his barometer could serve somewhat as a clock.

http://www-eaps.mit.edu/faculty/lindzen/29_Atmos_Tides.pdf

U.S. Weather Bureau, “Ten-Year Normals of Pressure Tendencies and Hourly Station Pressures for the United States,”
Technical Paper No. 1, Washington, D.C. 1943.

Semidiurnal variations: maximums at 10:00 am/10:00 pm and minimums at 4:00 pm/4:00 am

http://amselvam.webs.com/SEN1/bio2met.htm

The most basic change in pressure is the twice daily rise and fall in due to the heating from the sun. Each day, around 4 a.m./p.m. the pressure is at its lowest and near its peak around 10 a.m./p.m.

A remarkable characteristic of the semi-diurnal barometric variation is the regularity of the occurrence of the maxima and minima and their uniformity in time of day in all latitudes. (Bulletin of Applied Physical Science)

One maximum is at 10 a.m., the other at 10 p.m.; the two minima are at 4 a.m. and 4 p.m.

The heating effect of the sun can explain neither the time when the maxima appear nor the time of the minima of these semidiurnal variations.

If the pressure becomes lower without the air becoming lighter through a lateral expansion due to heat, this must mean that the same mass of air gravitates with changing force at different hours.

Lord Rayleigh: ‘The relative magnitude of the latter [semidiurnal variations], as observed at most parts of the earth’s surface, is still a mystery, all the attempted explanations being illusory.’

Currently, the barometer pressure paradox CANNOT BE EXPLAINED AT ALL.

Richard Lindzen tried, some 40 years ago, to include the effects of ozone and water absorption in the atmospheric tide equations; notwithstanding that in his original paper he did express some doubts, the scientific community happily concluded that the barometer pressure paradox has been solved.

Not by a long shot.

Here is S.J. Woolnough's paper detailing the gross error/omission made by Lindzen.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/10.1175/JAS3290.1

While the surface pressure signal of the simulated atmospheric tides in the model agree well with both theory and observations in their magnitude and phase, sensitivity experiments suggest that the role of the stratospheric ozone in forcing the semidiurnal tide is much reduced compared to theoretical predictions. Furthermore, the influence of the cloud radiative effects seems small. It is suggested that the radiative heating profile in the troposphere, associated primarily with the water vapor distribution, is more important than previously thought for driving the semidiurnal tide.

The semidiurnal pressure variation is harmonic with the diurnal cycle. 
It should be pretty obvious, even to non-meteorologists, that it's caused by insolation.  I don't know understand what you're confused about.  And who's talking about geocentricity vs heliocentricity here?

"Solar heating and regional internal forcing cause gravity waves in the atmosphere at periods of integral fractions of a solar day, especially at the diurnal and semidiurnal periods." -NCAR 1999.

But in the entirely separate issue of the coriolis effect, surface pressure system circulation, and subsequently, geostrophic wind flow, you see contour gradient around subsiding height centers and pressure gradient around high pressure centers generating wind flow outward in a clockwise circulation in the northern hemisphere and counter-clockwise in the southern hemisphere.  In turn, upward vertical motion associated with low height centers or low pressure centers create inward spiraling winds, following a counterclockwise circulation in the northern hemisphere and clockwise in the southern hemisphere.  These are non-diurnal pressure changes.  They follow the coriolis effect...every time. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 02:42:58 PM by mightyfletch »

sandokhan

• Flat Earth Sultan
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2019, 09:48:42 PM »

You haven't got a clue as to the subject we are discussing here.

"Beforehand the diurnal variation of the barometer would have been expected to be much more conspicuous than the semi-diurnal. The relative magnitude of the latter, as observed in most parts of the earth's surface, is still a mystery, all the attempted explanations being illusory."

Lord Rayleigh

The semidiurnal surface pressure oscillation is stronger and more regular than the diurnal oscillation.

It should be pretty obvious, even to non-meteorologists, that it's caused by insolation.

Completely wrong.

You have just been presented with ample evidence that solar heating has nothing to do with the semidiurnal atmospheric tide.

A total defiance of Newton's alleged law of universal gravitation: modern meteorology cannot explain at all the barometer pressure paradox.

mightyfletch

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2019, 11:22:45 PM »

You haven't got a clue as to the subject we are discussing here.

"Beforehand the diurnal variation of the barometer would have been expected to be much more conspicuous than the semi-diurnal. The relative magnitude of the latter, as observed in most parts of the earth's surface, is still a mystery, all the attempted explanations being illusory."

Lord Rayleigh

The semidiurnal surface pressure oscillation is stronger and more regular than the diurnal oscillation.

It should be pretty obvious, even to non-meteorologists, that it's caused by insolation.

Completely wrong.

You have just been presented with ample evidence that solar heating has nothing to do with the semidiurnal atmospheric tide.

A total defiance of Newton's alleged law of universal gravitation: modern meteorology cannot explain at all the barometer pressure paradox.

As usual, FEers lose their s**t.  As I said, it's harmonic with the diurnal cycle.  In this case insolation is the direct cause of the diurnal cycle, and just to be more clear, the reference from NCAR also explains how the semi-diurnal effects are influenced by the tidal force of the sun, similar to how the moon and the oceans work.  But none of that has to do with cyclonic circulation patterns.

Interesting how you absolutely lose your cool here and essentially scream, but the moderators sit quietly.

More interesting is how you keep harping on these semi-diurnal pressure highs and lows, which don't even address my point about synoptic-scale circulation driven by the coriolis parameter.  Why do keep avoiding the original post?

mightyfletch

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2019, 11:25:54 PM »

In case you forgot what this thread is about...