Ultimate truth

• 27 Replies
Ultimate truth
« on: July 16, 2019, 11:32:07 AM »
 Earth rotates around the horizontal plane in 24 hours and moves upwards at the same time.  Earth's rising velocity is 9.8 meters in seconds.  Throwing an object at a higher speed than the Earth's upward velocity, the object moves from its highest position to the Earth, but when the object is thrown at a higher speed than the Earth's upward velocity, the object moves upwards from its highest position.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
Re: Ultimate truth
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:37:52 AM »
When I toss a ball in the air, why does it fall back down then? Let's say I toss it with an initial velocity of 10 m/s. It should just keep floating away, shouldn't it? But it doesn't, so why?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 12:21:18 PM »
So, objects don't "fall"...

More like the Earth rises up to meet them?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 12:25:23 PM »
If we're in the elevator, we can't jump up when the elevator falls, because our muscles can't beat the gravity. but we can jump up when stand on the ground, then our muscles gain a super power and defeat gravity. problem newton?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Macarios

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 02:32:56 PM »
If we're in the elevator, we can't jump up when the elevator falls, because our muscles can't beat the gravity. but we can jump up when stand on the ground, then our muscles gain a super power and defeat gravity. problem newton?

You can't jump in the falling elevator?
Why?
What stops you?
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 02:38:20 PM »
I think boyd is pointing out the missing s in the denominator.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 02:49:30 PM »

Why?
What stops you?

Why don't you ask it to phsicists?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 02:52:48 PM »
Earth rotates around the horizontal plane in 24 hours and moves upwards at the same time.  Earth's rising velocity is 9.8 meters in seconds.  Throwing an object at a higher speed than the Earth's upward velocity, the object moves from its highest position to the Earth, but when the object is thrown at a higher speed than the Earth's upward velocity, the object moves upwards from its highest position.
What Flat Earth theory claims that the "Earth rotates around the horizontal plane in 24 hours" and "Earth's rising velocity is 9.8 meters in seconds"?

1) A major feature of most flat earth theories seems to be that the earth "has no axial rotation" (or rotation).

2) In the Universal Acceleration explanation for gravity, the earth is claimed to accelerate upward at 9.8 meters per second every second (9.8 m/s2).

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 03:27:12 PM »
I think boyd is pointing out the missing s in the denominator.
Yup! That, plus using the word velocity and basically stating the Earth is traveling upwards at a constant velocity - it basically means we'd be in 0g. OR that there is some other mechanism to make things fall based on this framework. I'm not sure if it's an oversight, a translation issue, or a different model than what has been proposed before so I'm asking the question to try and get a foundation for how things work in this model.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 03:35:19 PM »
What Flat Earth theory claims that the "Earth rotates around the horizontal plane in 24 hours" and "Earth's rising velocity is 9.8 meters in seconds"?

1) A major feature of most flat earth theories seems to be that the earth "has no axial rotation" (or rotation).

2) In the Universal Acceleration explanation for gravity, the earth is claimed to accelerate upward at 9.8 meters per second every second (9.8 m/s2).

1) I got it as "Sun rotates around horizontal plane in 24 hours" but perhaps a translate mistake.

2) There are some minority believers of UA model here. I think he talks about it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Macarios

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2019, 08:46:50 PM »

Why?
What stops you?

Because they can jump.
Nothing stops them.
I was asking what stops you.

~~~~~

You are mixing acceleration and speed.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2019, 11:05:40 PM »

Why?
What stops you?

Because they can jump.
Nothing stops them.
~~~~~

Why am I mixing them, to make soup?  :) Ahaha Mister Greek you are confusing mixing and confusing.

Many scientists think that jumping in a falling elevator has no effect. I think about it. There must be a permanent force-weight connection between you and the place for the jumping action to take place. in other words, we use our weight when jumping. otherwise we cannot apply enough force to the ground. this prevents jumping up. If you try to jump, the most you can do is to rise up as a ballet dancer walks on foot fingers. we can't define it as jumping. this is the case with popular science. if anyone claims otherwise, should to go back to school and re-read the physics course.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Macarios

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 03:08:09 AM »

Why?
What stops you?

Because they can jump.
Nothing stops them.
~~~~~

Why am I mixing them, to make soup?  :) Ahaha Mister Greek you are confusing mixing and confusing.

If you want to teach someone English, you have to know it yourself first.
Here is the list of three main definitions of "mix".
Look at the number 3.

Many scientists think that jumping in a falling elevator has no effect. I think about it. There must be a permanent force-weight connection between you and the place for the jumping action to take place. in other words, we use our weight when jumping. otherwise we cannot apply enough force to the ground. this prevents jumping up. If you try to jump, the most you can do is to rise up as a ballet dancer walks on foot fingers. we can't define it as jumping. this is the case with popular science. if anyone claims otherwise, should to go back to school and re-read the physics course.

If you want to teach someone science, you have to know it yourself first.
Your "many scientists" phrase means nothing.
Here you can see that not only physics allows the jump, it also takes it into calculation.

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2019, 05:53:35 AM »
Best way is to lie flat and sprsad the impact over as much sufrace as possible.

Or lie on top of someone else in the elevator.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2019, 07:07:43 AM »
<oops. deleted>

however, this statement does not change the fact that mixing and confusing are different things. Having one of its meaning confusing does not magically make mixing to confusing. Anyways.

FYI to everyone. Posts like the one above are considered inflammatory and will be moved to AR with further consequences as needed. There is no need to quote someone only to replace the quote with "<deleted>" and then respond with condescension.

This is a public warning for all. Let's have a return to some civility please.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 11:53:46 AM »
I thought I was replied it. Angry globulards have started to use their management support advantage again. I have replied both statements, then boom! It has disappeared! Under these circumstances how can I reply Macarios? Then other globulards are asking us why we don't reply them. No, we do. But angry globularist moderation is deleting our posts as a torturing method to believers.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »

Why?
What stops you?

Because they can jump.
Nothing stops them.
~~~~~

Are you saying that in an elevator you can't jump and have your feet leave the floor of the elevator?!?

Try harder!
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

Macarios

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 06:06:11 PM »
Ahaha Mister Greek...

BTW: I do have few Greek friends, but I am not Greek and unfortunately I never visited Greece. :(
Maybe some day I will be able to visit both Greece and Turkey.
(I also have a few Turkish friends.)

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 11:03:20 PM »
The detached object will go upwards by the last earth velocity when detached, while the earth keeps on accelerating by 1g.
At this phase, visually the object looks falling downwards by acceleration

There is interval phase when the object is being stroken up by the accelerating air till the object will reach the same 1g acceleration as before.

This is the terminal velocity phase.

The thing is, the object has lost some moment so as to have its velocity under the earth velocity. It accelerates by 1g but with lower Vo.
It will look "falling" with Terminal Velocity.
• South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map
• Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2019, 06:59:55 AM »
I often can not write or speak English.So my writing may be wrong.Please give me tome.

Okay. I just want to know. This is simple you can translate.

a) Is sun rotating around earth?
b) Is earth rotating around sun?
c) Is earth rotating?
d) Is sun rotating?

Please pick at least one.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 10:07:18 AM »
C)  Yes, earth is rotating.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2019, 12:58:09 PM »

Thank you very much. I thought for a moment that you are a flat earth believer.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2019, 04:02:22 PM »
I often can not write or speak English.So my writing may be wrong.Please give me tome.
It might be worth posting in your own language as well.

That way we could find out how well "Google Translate" works on it.

Heavenly Breeze does that sometimes and it helps a lot.

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 04:45:32 PM »

Ok. I'm sure you made it clear you are a flat earther?

If yes, when you say the earth is rotating, do you mean like a plate spinning? Or do you mean like a plate suspended at two ends across a centre line, turning over?

Or is earth a rotating ball?

« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 06:14:16 PM »

Okay. I just want to know. This is simple you can translate.

a) Is sun rotating around earth?
b) Is earth rotating around sun?
c) Is earth rotating?
d) Is sun rotating?

Please pick at least one.

a) Is sun orbiting around earth? no
b) Is earth orbiting around sun? yes
c) Is earth rotating? yes
d) Is sun rotating? yes
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2019, 07:16:02 PM »
The earth is rotating around the vertical line and at the same time the earth is moving in the vertical line.b)The earth dose not orbiting around the sun.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 07:28:07 PM »
It might be worth posting in your own language as well.

That way we could find out how well "Google Translate" works on it.

Heavenly Breeze does that sometimes and it helps a lot.

TripAdvisor.com uses some kind of translate software in their user reviews so it might help in this case.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2019, 11:11:46 PM »
The earth is rotating around the vertical line and at the same time the earth is moving in the vertical line.

Wrong.

in such a fast moving world, the object you throw into the air must accelerate in the opposite direction to that movement.

Have you ever plotted a speed chart by height?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1