Flat Map in Google Map

• 139 Replies

fjr66

Flat Map in Google Map
« on: July 06, 2019, 08:12:09 AM »
If there is satellite that gathered data from every point on earth surface then why google map application using 2D map and make it like 3D perspective. It can be proven that impossible we projected every point in a sphere to 2D map.

Re: Flat Map in Google Map
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 10:43:15 AM »
Then use Google Earth.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

fjr66

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 12:26:55 PM »
Then use Google Earth.
They are similar in principle that is using 2D picture and make it like 3D perspective. I give you a link for example
http://lib.ivank.net/?p=demos&d=pseudo3D

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 12:55:41 PM »
Then use Google Earth.
They are similar in principle that is using 2D picture and make it like 3D perspective. I give you a link for example
http://lib.ivank.net/?p=demos&d=pseudo3D
We have the WGS-84 model that shows the shape of the earth, look at it.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 02:02:12 PM »
if you draw a rectangle on europe and connect the four corners straight and diagonally, you see that the lengths are equal to the lengths in a straight rectangle. however, the lines on google maps are represented as curved. this is proof that google map is simulated as round by using flat dimensions. but they don't do it in the south. Because google map is a complete BS in the southern hemiplane.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 02:28:13 PM »
if you draw a rectangle on europe and connect the four corners straight and diagonally, you see that the lengths are equal to the lengths in a straight rectangle. however, the lines on google maps are represented as curved. this is proof that google map is simulated as round by using flat dimensions. but they don't do it in the south. Because google map is a complete BS in the southern hemiplane.
Who has measured flat dimensions?

Still waiting for you to give us details of satellite tv transmitters. Without them it shows the earth is not flat.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 03:02:21 PM »
Who has measured flat dimensions?

Still waiting for you to give us details of satellite tv transmitters. Without them it shows the earth is not flat.

In one hand you are waiting for something. On the other hand, you and others are crying to moderation ban me. Under these circumstances how can I reply all the statements? You have to come out of your globularist cave then can see the truth. Open the believers subforum and learn the simulation.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2184748#new

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=66236.msg2184479#msg2184479
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 03:30:54 PM »
If there is satellite that gathered data from every point on earth surface then why google map application using 2D map and make it like 3D perspective. It can be proven that impossible we projected every point in a sphere to 2D map.
We can project a sphere onto a flat map. There are many ways to do so, and all introduce distortion.
One common way to do this is to project a portion onto a photograph. This can then be projected back to the sphere to reconstruct the sphere from smaller photos.

Citation needed.
I am yet to see any evidence that these distances are equal.
So far all I have seen is that FE has so much uncertainty in their measurements that it might match, or might not.
The quite accurate RE distances definitely don't.

As for why Google shows these lines as curves, it is because they are curves, following the surface of Earth.
This is proof that Google is using a round Earth model.
It doesn't prove they are using FE dimensions.
In fact, you can easily measure the distances between points and show that they don't work on a flat surface and thus aren't using FE dimensions.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2019, 03:38:59 PM »

http://i63.tinypic.com/34znfqq.jpg
  • My screen, presumably your screen and all maps are only 2D.

• Contrary to your claim: It is possible to project every point in a sphere to 2D map and the resultant image is called a "projection of the Globe".

All of these projections contain distortion of some form or other.
    Quote from: Dean M Howell
    What four things do map projections distort?
    There are four basic characteristics of a map that are distorted to some degree, depending on the map projection used. These characteristics include distance, direction, shape, and area.
    And this discusses various projections: Which is the best map projection?

Here are four projections of the whole Globe each with their own advantages and disadvantages:
    North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant

"Bi-Polar" Azimuthal Equidistant

The Robinson Projection focusing more on the ‘look’
    of the map than precise measurement of places.

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 12:19:47 PM »
if you draw a rectangle on europe and connect the four corners straight and diagonally, you see that the lengths are equal to the lengths in a straight rectangle.

Wait, when did you do this? How big is it? Where can I see this rectangle? I'm sure it would have been in the news.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

Macarios

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 09:48:10 PM »

if you draw a rectangle on europe and connect the four corners straight and diagonally, you see that the lengths are equal to the lengths in a straight rectangle.

Wait, when did you do this? How big is it? Where can I see this rectangle? I'm sure it would have been in the news.

I actually did it.

I selected places that make rectangle using geographic coordinates.
Madrid, Spain
Gemlik, Turkey
Babruysk, Belarus
Colwyn Bay, England

Town centers are not making real rectangle, but if you select some specific points away from their centers (in another street) you get exactly what you want.
Madrid: 40.41N, 3.69W
Gemlik: 40.41N, 29.16E
Babruysk: 53.20N, 29.16E
Colwyn Bay: 53.20N, 3.69W

Width of the rectangle was 32.85 degrees.
Height of the rectangle was 24.04 degrees.

Then I measured distances.

a = Madrid - Gemlik: 1714.5 miles

b = Madrid - Colwyn Bay: 880.1 miles
b = Gemlik - Babruysk: 880.1 miles

Now the rectangle should give:
d1 = d2 = SQRT(a2 + b2)

SQRT(1714.52 + 880.12) = 1927.2

But we have:
Madrid - Babruysk: 1766.7 miles
Gemilk - Colwyn Bay: 1766.7 miles

We also have:
Colwyn Bay - Babruysk: 1350.2 miles

This last distance shows us that if you draw rectangle on Europe it will actually be Isosceles Trapezoid.
In that case our new calculation will have:
a = 1350.2
b = 1714.5
c = 880.1

Dialgonal Length is SQRT(ab + c2) = 1757.7 miles
That's pretty close to 1766.7 miles from our "Measure Distance".
Only 9 miles of the difference.

But those 9 miles still show the curviness of the terrain as the difference between arc and its chord (secant).

a, b, c are also arches and for full accuracy we would have to calculate the lengths of their chords underneath.
More about that later, for those who don't calculate on their own, and ask for the result.

(You can use the: https://www.handymath.com/cgi-bin/arc18.cgi?submit=Entry. Arc is "length" and chord is "width". Radius is 3958.8 .)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 10:45:02 PM by Macarios »
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2019, 04:25:45 AM »

You can do it by yourself. We don't expect them to share this information because the media are already ruled by evil forces. Now let's make an example online if you want.

I try to stay in Europe as much as possible. The first point somwehere in UK.

First point Coordinates: (51,0)

The second point (51,15)

Distance (51,0) to (51,15) = 1.047,84 kms.

The third point (45,15)

Distance (51,15) to (45,15) = 1.715,02-1.047,84= 667,18kms.

The fourth point (45,0)

Distance (45,15) to (45,0) = 2.892,73 - 1.715,02 = 1.177,71kms.

The area sum:

distance (45,0) to (51,0)= 3.559,90 - 2.892,73 = 667,17 kms.

Area from google: 741.460,69 km²

Lets draw the distances on a flat paper:

We've found the diagonal as 1295,83 kms. This is flat diagonal if the distances were flat then would be. Lets verify:

Same distance in map is; 1296,70kms.

Total mistake: 0,87 kms.

mistake proportionally: 0,87/1296,7= 0,0007 = 0,07 %

quadratic error for area calculations: 0,07x2 = 0,14%

Area calculated:

(1177,71+1047,84) x 664,01 /2 = 738.893, 73 km²

areal mistake: (741.460,69 - 738.893,73) / 741.460,69 = 0,003 = 0,3 % < 0,5% mathematical error limit.

Results:

1) When we draw the cities in the map on a plain paper, the resulting diagonels and areas are close to the value to be calculated globally and the resulting error remains within the mathematical error limit.

2) field value written on the map is 2 times more than the error in the diagonal value read. in other words, the field value on the map is a fabricated, it does not reflect the truth.

in short, the above calculations show that the measurements will be compatible if the european map is accepted as flat.

in other words, the distances measured above are the values ​​taken from the flat world map. The sphere representation consists of only projection.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 05:52:09 AM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 05:20:22 AM »
We've found the diagonal as 1297,46 kms. This is flat diagonal if the distances were flat then would be. Lets verify:
No, you found that. I find it as 1925.832 km. (This is because you used the side length of 667.18 km instead of the height of 664.0125 km).
That is a difference of 0.87 km.
That is well outside the uncertainty, as the measurements are to 0.01 km.
That means theses values are different, not the same.

mathematical error limit.
There is no mathematical error limit.
There are uncertainties with the data, and limits to the precision of the calculation you perform.
The data is accurate to 0.01 km, the calculation is even more accurate.
So no, these results are not an error.

1) When we draw the cities in the map on a plain paper, the resulting diagonels and areas are close to the value to be calculated globally
Close is not the same.

in short, the above calculations show that the measurements will be compatible if the european map is accepted as flat.
No, it shows that if you are willing to accept much larger errors, the values can be considered the same.

in other words, the distances measured above are the values ​​taken from the flat world map.
Nope.
If it was taken from a flat Earth you would have the distances match, instead of getting this massive error.

If you ignore the error the best you could do is claim it could come from a FE or a RE.

For a small region, FE will be close to RE values. But the larger the area, the bigger the error in pretending Earth is flat.

Instead of your small range, lets use a much larger one.
5 W to 35 E,
40 N to 56 N.

Then the distances obtained are 2452.08 km for the top, 3377.86 km for the bottom, 1779.13 km for the sides and 3398.80 km for the measured diagonal.
The calculated height is 1717.858 km, giving a calculated diagonal of 3383.502 km. This is a difference of 15.30 km. That is well outside the uncertainty in the data of 0.01 km. Even taking into consideration that multiple errors would add up to a larger error wont save you.

The distances just don't work out for a FE.

This proves that Google is not using a FE.

But we can go one better.
If we convert these arc lengths into chords taking 6371 km as the radius, then we end up with the top of our trapezium being 2436.973 km, the bottom being 3338.435 km, the side being 1773.355 km and the diagonal being 3358.639 km.
This gives us a height of 1715.118 km, and thus a diagonal of 3358.640 km.
Now the disagreement is 0.001 km, much less than the 0.01 km the data was accurate to.

Doing the same for your smaller region gives us a measured chord of 1294.463 km and a calculated one of 1294.461 km.
This is a difference of 0.002 km. Again much smaller than the 0.01 km the lengths were accurate to.

This shows that the distances are based upon a RE, not a FE.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2019, 05:34:58 AM »
No, you found that. I find it as 1925.832 km. (This is because you used the side length of 667.18 km instead of the height of 664.0125 km).

Thanks for the correction. it is important to note that different calculation* types can result in different results. also we do calculate on google maps completely  a fraud map, it's normal to have so much error. The important point here is that the  error limit is below 0.5% which mathematical error limit. Inother say, If you make a mistake of 5 per thousand when you make a natural measurement means that you did not make mistakes. Hence it proves google uses flat earth distances.

You don't have the ability to add pictures to your writings hence its not clear what you are telling in the rest writings.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 05:45:09 AM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 07:05:50 AM »

Thanks for the correction. it is important to note that different calculation* types can result in different results. also we do calculate on google maps completely  a fraud map, it's normal to have so much error. The important point here is that the  error limit is below 0.5% which mathematical error limit. Inother say, If you make a mistake of 5 per thousand when you make a natural measurement means that you did not make mistakes. Hence it proves google uses flat earth distances.

You don't have the ability to add pictures to your writings hence its not clear what you are telling in the rest writings.
I notice you have failed to provide further details on transmitter locations in an other thread.  Is this because this might show the earth is actually round?  And thus prove distances over large areas.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2019, 10:12:59 AM »
<blabbing>
If you want to talk about other thread then write on other thread. Stop blabbing. I had banned and constantly targeted by angry globularists prevent me answer all of you, because I have my own life and job. I can't spend all my time your childish questions. I am only writing the issues whih I see it deserves to it. I am not unemployed like you angry globularists, thanks God. Since The earth is flat hence google is using flat map.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 11:35:28 AM »
<blabbing>
If you want to talk about other thread then write on other thread. Stop blabbing. I had banned and constantly targeted by angry globularists prevent me answer all of you, because I have my own life and job. I can't spend all my time your childish questions. I am only writing the issues whih I see it deserves to it. I am not unemployed like you angry globularists, thanks God. Since The earth is flat hence google is using flat map.
Explained here.  https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000009982

Google Maps and Microsoft Virtual Earth use a Mercator projection based on the World Geodetic System (WGS) 1984 geographic coordinate system (datum). This Mercator projection supports spheres only

And https://www.quora.com/How-does-Google-maps-coordinate-system-works
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 12:06:35 PM by inquisitive »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 01:16:15 PM »
<blabbing>

Google Maps and Microsoft Virtual Earth use a Mercator projection based on the World Geodetic System (WGS) 1984 geographic coordinate system (datum). This Mercator projection supports spheres only

Nope. Do not make word salad. Supporting something and using something without paying its copyright is different things. Mercador projection is using flat map datas without paying and supporting the spheres. Mercador should to shame on itself.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2019, 01:35:11 PM »
<blabbing>

Nope. Do not make word salad. Supporting something and using something without paying its copyright is different things. Mercador projection is using flat map datas without paying and supporting the spheres. Mercador should to shame on itself.

Incorrect. How a Mercator Projection is created from a globe which shows why land masses closer to the poles become distorted:

JackBlack

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2019, 01:49:04 PM »
Thanks for the correction. it is important to note that different calculation* types can result in different results.
Yes, using Pythagoras on a right angle triangle and incorrectly using it on a non-right angle triangle do produce different results.

The important point here is that the  error limit is below 0.5% which mathematical error limit.
No. The important thing here is the error is above the uncertainty of the values.
In other words, the 2 values, those from FE and those from Google, are different.

There is no mathematical error limit.

Hence it proves google uses flat earth distances.
Repeating the same lie won't make it true.
If you ignore the fact that the small uncertainty shows this to be entirely false and instead pretend they are only accurate to 0.5%, it still doesn't prove that Google uses FE distance.
All it proves is that your error is so large that it could be using FE or RE distances.

But the fact that there is that difference, which is will beyond uncertainty proves it isn't using FE distances.
The fact that doing the same calculation by finding the chord of the arc based upon a spherical Earth produces error within the uncertainty of measurement shows that Google is almost certainly using a RE.

No, I do have the ability, I just see no point in them as you typically ignore them.
It is quite clear what I am saying.
Using your small area, you get a small error of less than 1 km.
Using a much larger area you get a much larger error of 15 km.
Both of these are well outside the uncertainty of the measurement and thus they are different values.
i.e Google does not use FE distances.

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2019, 02:45:31 PM »

You can do it by yourself. We don't expect them to share this information because the media are already ruled by evil forces. Now let's make an example online if you want.

I try to stay in Europe as much as possible. The first point somwehere in UK.

First point Coordinates: (51,0)

The second point (51,15)

Distance (51,0) to (51,15) = 1.047,84 kms.

The third point (45,15)

Distance (51,15) to (45,15) = 1.715,02-1.047,84= 667,18kms.

The fourth point (45,0)

Distance (45,15) to (45,0) = 2.892,73 - 1.715,02 = 1.177,71kms.

The area sum:

distance (45,0) to (51,0)= 3.559,90 - 2.892,73 = 667,17 kms.

Area from google: 741.460,69 km²

Lets draw the distances on a flat paper:

We've found the diagonal as 1295,83 kms. This is flat diagonal if the distances were flat then would be. Lets verify:

Same distance in map is; 1296,70kms.

Total mistake: 0,87 kms.

mistake proportionally: 0,87/1296,7= 0,0007 = 0,07 %

quadratic error for area calculations: 0,07x2 = 0,14%

Area calculated:

(1177,71+1047,84) x 664,01 /2 = 738.893, 73 km²

areal mistake: (741.460,69 - 738.893,73) / 741.460,69 = 0,003 = 0,3 % < 0,5% mathematical error limit.

Results:

1) When we draw the cities in the map on a plain paper, the resulting diagonels and areas are close to the value to be calculated globally and the resulting error remains within the mathematical error limit.

2) field value written on the map is 2 times more than the error in the diagonal value read. in other words, the field value on the map is a fabricated, it does not reflect the truth.

in other words, the distances measured above are the values ​​taken from the flat world map. The sphere representation consists of only projection.

Sorry you lost me in the summary.
You say its globally correct in "results" section, then in your "conclusion" section somehow flippedfkced it up.

Macarios

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2019, 03:00:55 PM »
Ok, I did it:

The (45,0), (45,15), (51,15), (51,0) really has the measures:
a = 1047.84 km
b = 1177.71 km
c = 667.17 km
With diagonals of 1296.70 km

If we find chords of those arc distances we will have:
a = 1046.66
b = 1176.03
c = 666.86

Diagonal will be SQRT(ab + c2) = 1294.45

The corresponding arc for that chord is 1296.69.

Our error here is (1296.69 - 1296.70) / 1296.70 = -0.000007711 = -0.00077%.
Input values were rounded to two decimals and that produced the error of 0.01.

We can say that Google Maps uses arcs of the great circles to show distances.

EDIT: Google also uses more than just two decimals. :)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:21:03 PM by Macarios »
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2019, 03:15:56 PM »
I meant wises calc.
Didnt see yours, marcos.

Haha but good on you to double check

JackBlack

« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2019, 03:39:18 PM »
Incorrect. How a Mercator Projection is created from a globe which shows why land masses closer to the poles become distorted:

I dislike that as it hides how the projection is actually made.
I prefer this:

To make the projection you encase Earth in a cylinder and then project from the centre of Earth to that cylinder.
Whatever point on the surface you pass through gets projected to the corresponding point on the cylinder.
Typically you also truncate it as otherwise you would need an infinitely long cylinder.

Then this cylinder is cut open and laid flat.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2019, 05:14:45 PM »

I dislike that as it hides how the projection is actually made.
I prefer this:

To make the projection you encase Earth in a cylinder and then project from the centre of Earth to that cylinder.
Whatever point on the surface you pass through gets projected to the corresponding point on the cylinder.
Typically you also truncate it as otherwise you would need an infinitely long cylinder.

Then this cylinder is cut open and laid flat.

Fair point. I wasn't necessarily referring to the actual mechanics of it, just the flow as how it comes to be. But yes, you're illustration is how it's actually achieved.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2019, 11:15:21 PM »
Ok, I did it:

The (45,0), (45,15), (51,15), (51,0) really has the measures:
a = 1047.84 km
b = 1177.71 km
c = 667.17 km
With diagonals of 1296.70 km

If we find chords of those arc distances we will have:
a = 1046.66
b = 1176.03
c = 666.86

Diagonal will be SQRT(ab + c2) = 1294.45

The corresponding arc for that chord is 1296.69.

Our error here is (1296.69 - 1296.70) / 1296.70 = -0.000007711 = -0.00077%.
Input values were rounded to two decimals and that produced the error of 0.01.

We can say that Google Maps uses arcs of the great circles to show distances.

EDIT: Google also uses more than just two decimals. :)

I know you wrote it as a joke, but because the calculation is correct, the majority will think it's real. we observe this only in Europe. Especially it is almost impossible to do the same calculation in China, Russia, South America or Australia. at least in theory. we need to try.

I mean, when we select four points with the same shell area on different continents, the error limit will be higher. I do not think it will remain within the limits of error. ahou. I will torturing your sphere map after looked other threads while you read and think this words.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 12:36:39 AM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2019, 03:20:31 AM »
Especially it is almost impossible to do the same calculation in China, Russia, South America or Australia. at least in theory. we need to try.
No, it is just as possible.
If you pick a small area, the error is small.
What stops you is if you pick a much larger area. Then you get much larger errors.

I do not think it will remain within the limits of error.
It already isn't.
The limit is roughly 0.01 km. The error is much larger than that.

« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2019, 03:33:05 AM »
<blabbing>

This is fact, it is how all maps are made.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2019, 03:45:24 AM »
Especially it is almost impossible to do the same calculation in China, Russia, South America or Australia. at least in theory. we need to try.
No, it is just as possible.
If you pick a small area, the error is small.
What stops you is if you pick a much larger area. Then you get much larger errors.

I do not think it will remain within the limits of error.
It already isn't.
The limit is roughly 0.01 km. The error is much larger than that.

Your baseless claiming me being wrong because of your being in cave of globularism and with all your anger, does not magically make my workings wrong or minus. Just proves how you are in a pain.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2019, 03:46:40 AM »
<blabbing>

This is fact, it is how all maps are made.
Wrong. I made a map completely free of other maps only by using aircraft flight times.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1