Flat Map in Google Map

• 139 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Flat Map in Google Map
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2019, 05:45:55 AM »
It is the result of my observation on many scientific measurements.
This in no way justifies it.
It competely justify it. Your denying it without any evidence does not magically make it unjustified. Since you don't care my experiment I don't care anything about you.

Again, again and one more time again, you can not get an exact measurement as an error limit. It has to be marked as percentage of anything. this is always the case, and the error limits are usually a number in a thousand. Many specifications in measurements have adopted 5 error limits per thousand. it does not need explanation. You need the explanation because you're ignorant. I don't have time to make a separate proof for every ignorant. You've unlimited time, search it for yourself.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2019, 07:22:53 AM »
Possibly because d = vt and your method doesnt acount for wind vector, landings and take off taxing, and such.
Or planes use knotts.
Or because theres no airport for every city.

I see an "answer" for 3.
What about 1 and 2.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2019, 09:24:04 AM »
Possibly because d = vt and your method doesnt acount for wind vector, landings and take off taxing, and such.
Or planes use knotts.

I see an "answer" for 3.
What about 1 and 2.

Where is the question of this answer.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2019, 02:08:26 PM »
It competely justify it.
No it doesn't.
I want a proper justificaiton of how you ended up at 0.5% for the data in question.

Again, again and one more time again, you can not get an exact measurement as an error limit. It has to be marked as percentage of anything.
Asserting the same falsehoods wont make it true.
Almost always, the initial measurement will have an error which is an absolute error.
When you measure temperature, you don't get an error to some percentage. You get it to some number of degrees.
When you measure an angle, you don't get an error to some percentage, you get it to some number of degrees or radians.
When you measure a length, you don't get an error to some percentage, you get it to some length.
When you measure a volume, you don't get an error to some percentage, you get it to some volume.
And so on.

You ignoring how these errors work will not help you.

I know how errors work. I'm not the ignorant one here. I know that you are doing it completely wrong.
I know that no amount of searching will help, because there simply is no justification for just using 0.5%.
Plenty of things are made where that kind of error is far too large to be acceptable and would result in the part simply not working.

If you want to lie and pretend that 0.5% is the error limit that should be used in this case rather than 0.01 km you need to justify it.
Until you do, I will continue accepting reality, that 0.01 km is the limit of uncertainty and thus the values provided are clearly using a RE model, not a FE model.

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2019, 03:00:58 PM »
Or planes use knotts.

I see an "answer" for 3.
What about 1 and 2.

your "answer" to 3 was that someone would have to field measure the distance to the coast from any major airport.

but you have not answered 1 or 2.

how do you account for varying speeds, taxi/ landing delays, wind vectoring, when all you measure are flight times?

knots are used and roughly measure out lines of latitude...of a round earth.
why would they need knots?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2019, 01:08:09 AM »
It competely justify it.
No it doesn't.
I want a proper justificaiton of how you ended up at 0.5% for the data in question.
Yes it does. I explained where the 0.5% came from. not understanding this is your own problem. Your not to understand anything doesn't magically make it wrong.

You ignoring how these errors work will not help you.

we define it as error limit, not error. There are always error limits in nature, and for such measurements the error limit is 0.5%. Your ignorance does not change this situation.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2019, 01:22:36 AM »
Yes it does. I explained where the 0.5% came from.
You "explaining" that you bascially pulled it from no where is not justifying it.
I want a justification for why it should be used.
You are yet to provide any.

I have provided a justification for why 0.01 km is a valid error limit.

If all you are going to do is repeatedly assert that you need to use your magic value from no where, then this conversation is over.
The appropriate uncertainty to use is 0.01 km.
The values obtained do not match representing Earth as a flat surface as the differences between the calculated and obtained values are larger than this uncertainty.
The values obtained do match representing Earth as a sphere, as the differences between the calculated and obtained values fall within the uncertainty.
This shows that Google is using RE distances, not FE distances.

And more importantly, it shows that FE and RE distances do not match, not even for Europe.

If you want to convince any rational person that that is wrong you will need to provide an actual justification for why one should use such a larger uncertainty as 0.5%. This will require discussing the data itself and why it is less certain, rather than just saying you like that error or that completely different measurements have that large an error.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2019, 01:35:23 AM »

Your explanation is null. You can't use a spesific lenght as an error limit till prove its valid. it wouldn't be like it because you wanted something. if you ask any of the land surveyor about the error limit of 5 per thousand, they will tell you that it is appropriate. Your ignorance is your ignorance and your own problem. Repeating same baseless 0,01 kms does not magically make it justified by anything.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2019, 03:20:28 AM »
Or planes use knotts.

I see an "answer" for 3.
What about 1 and 2.

your "answer" to 3 was that someone would have to field measure the distance to the coast from any major airport.

how do you account for varying speeds, taxi/ landing delays, wind vectoring, when all you measure are flight times?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2019, 05:32:47 AM »

Your explanation is null. You can't use a spesific lenght as an error limit till prove its valid. it wouldn't be like it because you wanted something. if you ask any of the land surveyor about the error limit of 5 per thousand, they will tell you that it is appropriate. Your ignorance is your ignorance and your own problem. Repeating same baseless 0,01 kms does not magically make it justified by anything.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #70 on: July 11, 2019, 05:40:24 AM »
Or planes use knotts.

I see an "answer" for 3.
What about 1 and 2.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2019, 05:47:17 AM »
spamming is reported. It is a BS and, Do I have waste of my time to answer all the BS? Ask it to your friends have infinite times those rabblack or jackinoz.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2019, 07:47:07 AM »
You claim 0.5% error.
Just figuring how thats possible when wind can get pretty windy and pilots can always choose to go faster to make up time after delays.

V = d/t

Youre trying to measure d with TWO varuables.
Not one.

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2019, 09:30:55 AM »
Or planes use knotts.

I see an "answer" for 3.
What about 1 and 2.

infinite time?
you seem to have enough time to back and forth with jackblack about other nonsense.
i'm sure this is answered as your mapping method was developed years ago.
D = V x T.
how do you accurately portray distance to +/-0.5% error when you're only measuring one variable (T)?
is V constant?
how is V constant if pilots can chose to go faster or slower.
how is v constant if winds can affect a plane's speed?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2019, 01:12:00 PM »
Or planes use knotts.

I see an "answer" for 3.
What about 1 and 2.

infinite time?
you seem to have enough time to back and forth with jackblack about other nonsense.
i'm sure this is answered as your mapping method was developed years ago.
D = V x T.
how do you accurately portray distance to +/-0.5% error when you're only measuring one variable (T)?
is V constant?
how is V constant if pilots can chose to go faster or slower.
how is v constant if winds can affect a plane's speed?

V is not constant. V various with distance. Considering the short or long distance takes into account both the speed of the aircraft and relative landing and take-off times.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2019, 01:22:54 PM »
So your map is based on plotting reported velocties against reported time?
You were given a min-by-min travel log showing v and t?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2019, 01:43:39 PM »
In a way or other, your childish questions do not end. I have examined hundreds of thousands of flights by plane type and flight time. I calculated average speeds for different distances for each different aircraft types. I used different speeds at different distances for different aircrafts. then multiplied by the travel time based on this calculated speed value, I found the actual distance. many correction methods have been used purely for reducing the errors. At the end, Europe map was overlapping. Your persistent objections either because you don't understand the subject or are for cause me waste of time. these are certainly not well-intentioned. because you learn a subject every day and that doesn't make you convinced of the flat world. Tomorrow you will come again with a ridiculous question.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2019, 04:25:50 AM »
Ridiculous question -

You didnt see the circular error in developing your map?

You dervived V from globe map D and reported total time T for a given list of plane classes.
Then you made a generic assumption that planes of class X travel at an average V, always.

Then you applied the generic V of class X, to a reported time T on different flights and came up with a D.

Ridiculous question 2 -

0.5% error using all those assumptions?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2019, 05:01:11 AM »
In a way or other, your childish questions do not end. I have examined hundreds of thousands of flights by plane type and flight time. I calculated average speeds for different distances for each different aircraft types. I used different speeds at different distances for different aircrafts. then multiplied by the travel time based on this calculated speed value, I found the actual distance. many correction methods have been used purely for reducing the errors. At the end, Europe map was overlapping. Your persistent objections either because you don't understand the subject or are for cause me waste of time. these are certainly not well-intentioned. because you learn a subject every day and that doesn't make you convinced of the flat world. Tomorrow you will come again with a ridiculous question.
This isn't tomorrow but this is not a ridiculous question. It is a very important question about the accuracy of your map!

And you have ignored all air-routes that don't fit you own idea as to the shape of the earth! You must be the world champion cherry-picker by now!
  • What flights between South Africa and Australia have you included?
    If it's none how could you map have the distance between South Africa and Australia correct?  Answer me that!

• What flights between Australia and South America and  have you included?
    If it's none how could you map have the distance between Australia and South America correct?  Answer me that!

• What flights between South America and South Africa and  have you included?
    If it's none how could you map have the distance between South America and South Africa correct?  Answer me that!
If you omitted one of those flight paths your map cannot be an accurate map of the whole world!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2019, 07:21:07 AM »
This isn't tomorrow but this is not a ridiculous question. It is a very important question about the accuracy of your map!

And you have ignored all air-routes that don't fit you own idea as to the shape of the earth! You must be the world champion cherry-picker by now!
    If it's none how could you map have the distance between South Africa and Australia correct?  Answer me that!

If it's none how could you map have the distance between Australia and South America correct?  Answer me that!

If it's none how could you map have the distance between South America and South Africa correct?  Answer me that!
If you omitted one of those flight paths your map cannot be an accurate map of the whole world!

This is another ridiculous question. you're wrong about that. if 1 route conflicts with the remaining 100 routes, that route is ignored, not used. in other words, if the theory of contraction of the map is acted upon, all lines that extend up that line will be denied. this is contrary to statistics and all other disciplines. I'm sorry, I don't have to accept a route that contradicts all the statistics and proves to be wrong, just because it conflicts with your map. If you could prove this to be true, I would reconsider all other flights. but the fact that you can't prove it is a second proof that these routes are lies. It is no problem that it is compatible with the flat world map. I could torture the map to make it compatible. but my goal is not to prove the flat world or prove that the other map is a lie, but to make a working flat world map. I'm sorry, I can't cheat people with a wrong map because it contradicts your lies.

Between flights any of South America, South Africa and Australia are absent. At least they are not the time you claim. these flights are realized only indirect through Qatar, London , North America or somewhere else. I'm not saying that. That's what tens of thousands of flight data I've examined are telling that. millions of people fly indirectly using these lines. and then boom! Qantas shows up and says they fly millions of people directly. let's believe you okay show us a video: no need. Come on! it's enough to make a cat laugh
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2019, 11:46:10 AM »
Aaah.
0.5% is possible when all conflicting data is ignored.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2019, 05:34:40 PM »

This is another ridiculous question. you're wrong about that. if 1 route conflicts with the remaining 100 routes, that route is ignored, not used. in other words, if the theory of contraction of the map is acted upon, all lines that extend up that line will be denied.
No, it is not a ridiculous question! The Southern Hemisphere exists and whether there are a few or many flights here, any valid map must get those distances correct too!

Your map assumes that the earth is flat before you even start and that is the grievous logical fallacy of "Affirming the Consequent".

JackBlack

« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2019, 06:53:31 PM »
This is another ridiculous question. you're wrong about that. if 1 route conflicts with the remaining 100 routes, that route is ignored, not used.
Only if you have no concern for the truth.
It isn't 1 route which conflicts, it is several conflict with the map you have provided.
If you try it on a round map, it works fine.

The problem is you start with the assumption that Earth is flat, and the discard anything that shows it isn't.

Try doing your map again, but this time on a round Earth of unknown curvature and see how you go.
Note: This can still produce a flat map, where the radius is infinite.

If you could prove this to be true
It has been proven to be true, with you then demanding ridiculous standards of evidence which you have not applied for any other flight.
You have no interest in accepting these flights as real because they show Earth isn't flat and you have no way out of that fact.

but my goal is not to prove the flat world or prove that the other map is a lie, but to make a working flat world map.
And you have failed because your map does not work for these flights.
It doesn't even work to accurately predict the longitude difference which equates to a time difference.
Your map doesn't work.
No Flat Earth map does.

If you want to create a working map you need a map that can be used to predict the location of celestial objects, including the sun, as well as predict distances and flight times between various cities, including those which would otherwise show your map is wrong.

Ignoring the times your map doesn't work doesn't mean your map works.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2019, 11:09:24 PM »
No, it is not a ridiculous question! The Southern Hemisphere exists and whether there are a few or many flights here, any valid map must get those distances correct too!

Your map assumes that the earth is flat before you even start and that is the grievous logical fallacy of "Affirming the Consequent".

So you know the true shape of the earth's being flat because you know everything, right? So why do you hide the truth, are you NASA?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2019, 12:40:43 AM »

So you know the true shape of the earth's being flat because you know everything, right? So why do you hide the truth, are you NASA?
I claimed no such thing. I simply said that:

And I've shown elsewhere that neither your map nor Gleason's map are any use in the Southern Hemisphere. Here read it again!
You can use Gleason's map. Actually my map is better because updated but has not finished. I recommend you use Gleason's map in everywhere in the earth. It works perfectly.
No! Gleason's map Time Chart does not work "perfectly" anywhere except close to the North Pole.

Wise, you just say empty words like, "my map is better" and "Gleason's map . . . . works perfectly" with no evidence to back it up!

Here is "Gleason's Map":

"Gleason's Map: 1892 new standard map of the world

Now just as one example, compare the widths of the USA and Australia in that "map":

United States on Gleasons Map: 4300 km wide

Australia on Gleasons Map: 3994 km wide

Sizes of Australia/United States

So the USA (at 4300 km) is wider than Australia (at 3994 km) but look just compare the widths on the Gleason's map.

And just compare the shape of Australia determined by surveyors measurements in the 1800s with the shape of Australia on current maps - they are virtually the same.

Map of Australia published in 1855

Map of Australia published from Garmin GPS
But the proportions of Australia on the "Gleason's Map" are obviously grossly distorted.

"Gleason's Map" is simply a North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection of the Globe and was patented and published as a "Time-Chart" NOT an accurate map of the earth.

« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2019, 06:17:50 AM »
I have examined hundreds of thousands of flights by plane type and flight time.
Really?  You examined hundreds of thousands of flights? You must have access to a very large database to do that. What database did you use? Or is this just another lie?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2019, 05:41:53 AM »
The earth is flat
categoricall  all flight times proves that the earth is flat. opposite arguments are the so-called south-south flights, which you can never prove.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #87 on: July 21, 2019, 05:45:41 AM »
Really?  You examined hundreds of thousands of flights? You must have access to a very large database to do that. What database did you use? Or is this just another lie?

Lies come from only globulards here.

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=74162.0

All flight times come with at least more than 100 flights have not written in that thread. Inother say, you see many datas there, and there is a bacground of it like the side of an iceberg in the water. If I say it is 100k, so it is 100k. I don't need to lie rabinoz about it. Did you ever try to find a lie of rabinoz? Be sure it is easier to find his lies then mines, if you gain money to find lies. Oh, sure, it is not your business. You are here for get fun.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #88 on: July 21, 2019, 06:49:30 AM »
The earth is flat
categoricall  all flight times proves that the earth is flat. opposite arguments are the so-called south-south flights, which you can never prove.
Many people travel on south to south flights. You should try one.

« Reply #89 on: July 21, 2019, 07:01:21 AM »
If I say it is 100k, so it is 100k.
Oh -- just because you say you examined hundreds of thousands of flights we are supposed to believe you? It is impossible that you analyzed hundreds of thousands of flights without access to a large database of flight details. Either tell us where this database is or admit you are lying.