Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery

• 187 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery
« Reply #150 on: December 22, 2019, 12:43:31 AM »
Yes, I know that topic is the Mercury tin can that according Fake News orbited Earth in space 1958/61. But the pilots were just Hollywood trained actors that never orbited anything.
No, the pilots were highly trained military fighter pilots and test pilots.

Just look at the photos ...
What about the photos?
The pilots looked like cheap, stupid actors to me. Flying tea pots in space has nothing in common with flying war planes bombing Japanese and Koreans, which only brain washed idiots did! The photos of the tea pot are OK, but the tea pot was never in space, because it could never re-enter from orbit and splash into the water. I assume the tea pot was dropped from a plane to impress onlookers. A cheap trick!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 12:49:22 AM by Heiwa »

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #151 on: December 22, 2019, 12:54:06 AM »
Heiwa is still winning.

mak3m

« Reply #152 on: December 22, 2019, 02:37:57 AM »
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #153 on: December 22, 2019, 02:42:35 AM »
The pilots looked like cheap, stupid actors to me. Flying tea pots in space has nothing in common with flying war planes bombing Japanese and Koreans, which only brain washed idiots did!
Why should "tea pots in space" have anything "in common with flying war plane"?
Teapots are for pouring tea and war planes are for flying! Only someone stark starin' bonkers would suggest otherwise.

Quote from: Heiwa
The photos of the tea pot are OK, but the tea pot was never in space, because it could never re-enter from orbit and splash into the water. I assume the tea pot was dropped from a plane to impress onlookers. A cheap trick!
So, of course "the tea pot was never in space, because it could never re-enter from orbit and splash into the water."

But the real Mercury space capsules were carefully designed, based on much research, to safely handle atmospheric re-entry.

You might study, Aerothermodynamics for Space Vehicles – ESA's Activities and the Challenges - European Space Agency.

But, I guess that you won't because it would destroy the only argument you ever have,  "Appeal to Ridicule."
However,
Appeal to ridicule is a logical fallacy that attempts to make a claim look ridiculous by mocking it or exaggerating it in a negative way.

Heiwa

« Reply #154 on: December 22, 2019, 05:05:56 AM »
The pilots looked like cheap, stupid actors to me. Flying tea pots in space has nothing in common with flying war planes bombing Japanese and Koreans, which only brain washed idiots did!
Why should "tea pots in space" have anything "in common with flying war plane"?
Teapots are for pouring tea and war planes are for flying! Only someone stark starin' bonkers would suggest otherwise.

The photos of the tea pot are OK, but the tea pot was never in space, because it could never re-enter from orbit and splash into the water. I assume the tea pot was dropped from a plane to impress onlookers. A cheap trick!
So, of course "the tea pot was never in space, because it could never re-enter from orbit and splash into the water."

But the real Mercury space capsules were carefully designed, based on much research, to safely handle atmospheric re-entry.

You might study, Aerothermodynamics for Space Vehicles – ESA's Activities and the Challenges - European Space Agency.

But, I guess that you won't because it would destroy the only argument you ever have,  "Appeal to Ridicule."
However,
Appeal to ridicule is a logical fallacy that attempts to make a claim look ridiculous by mocking it or exaggerating it in a negative way.
Hm, why do you always refer me back to old NASA Fake News garbage? Are you paid for it?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #155 on: December 22, 2019, 10:23:27 AM »
Hm, why do you always refer me back to old NASA Fake News garbage? Are you paid for it?
Actually, he was referring you to an ESA document.

One more time, who should we refer you to if not the people who actually do manned space flight for a living?  Who would you believe that manned space flight is real?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #156 on: December 22, 2019, 10:58:15 AM »
Actually, he was referring you to an ESA document.

One more time, who should we refer you to if not the people who actually do manned space flight for a living?  Who would you believe that manned space flight is real?
Good question. I don't believe the alleged pilots and crews on all those spacecrafts. They are paid actors. There is no evidence that they have been in space. And, let's face it. There is no way you/they can return from space and land on Earth - do a re-entry. See thread up top about my Challenge. Nobody has collected the prize I offer.

mak3m

« Reply #157 on: December 22, 2019, 11:10:01 AM »
Obvious Troll feeds himself?

2020 not going to be a good year for you  at least 3 private companies hoping to go into space next 12 months.

Heiwa

« Reply #158 on: December 22, 2019, 03:33:03 PM »

2020 not going to be a good year for you  at least 3 private companies hoping to go into space next 12 months.
?? Sending objects into orbits is easy. It is always one way. My company does it all the time. Please study what I say.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #159 on: December 22, 2019, 03:57:03 PM »

It is always one way.
Prove "It is always one way"! You never have and you never will. And I'm not wasting more time reading your useless musings.
They prove one thing only and that is that you cannot understand anything to do with space travel especially how atmospheric re-entry works.

That's your failing not NASA's or anybody else's.

Heiwa

« Reply #160 on: December 22, 2019, 09:21:23 PM »

It is always one way.
Prove "It is always one way"! You never have and you never will. And I'm not wasting more time reading your useless musings.
They prove one thing only and that is that you cannot understand anything to do with space travel especially how atmospheric re-entry works.

It seems all agree that any object sent into orbit (by a rocket) has a great speed, say >7000 m/s in orbit or >20 times the speed of sound in atmosphere.
The question is how to reduce this orbital speed to 0, so you can land. It is suggested you start at a location X in space to dip into the Earth atmosphere, where friction will slow you down during 10-15 minutes. Same works on planet Mars, even if the atmosphere there is >100 times thinner than on Earth. On the Moon you have to use a rocket to slow down as there is no atmosphere there.
Nobody has been able to show how you slow down a spacecraft in high speed orbit so it can land. Actually gravity force will just ensure you go faster and faster when leaving an orbit close to planet. 

mak3m

« Reply #161 on: December 22, 2019, 09:45:58 PM »

?? Sending objects into orbits is easy. It is always one way. My company does it all the time. Please study what I say.

I'm not one of the people who buys you have a 'company'.

Your next post you almost go on to answer the question of How? So it's not that much of a leap for you to consider that the main differences between earth, and the moon and mars is earths thick atmosphere. In the above thread we have discussed the high g's associated with the manoeuvre and the presence of a heat shield.

So you not connecting the dots, further suggests you are a troll.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #162 on: December 22, 2019, 10:17:12 PM »

It is always one way.

It seems all agree that any object sent into orbit (by a rocket) has a great speed, say >7000 m/s in orbit or >20 times the speed of sound in atmosphere.
The question is how to reduce this orbital speed to 0, so you can land. It is suggested you start at a location X in space to dip into the Earth atmosphere, where friction will slow you down during 10-15 minutes. Same works on planet Mars, even if the atmosphere there is >100 times thinner than on Earth.
Sure.what's your problem with using atmospheric re-entry with an appropriately designed capsule and heat-shield?

On the Moon you have to use a rocket to slow down as there is no atmosphere there.

Nobody has been able to show how you slow down a spacecraft in high speed orbit so it can land. 
That is totally untrue and you have had it explained with references so many times that either you have dementia and remember nothing or are simply lying - which it it?

Actually gravity force will just ensure you go faster and faster when leaving an orbit close to planet.
No it doesn't and even you know that it would reach a terminal velocity far lower than orbital velocity though the craft would still burn up unless a controlled re-entry and heat shield were used.

Heiwa

« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2019, 11:19:28 PM »

It is always one way.

The question is how to reduce this orbital speed to 0, so you can land. It is suggested you start at a location X in space to dip into the Earth atmosphere, where friction will slow you down during 10-15 minutes. Same works on planet Mars, even if the atmosphere there is >100 times thinner than on Earth.
Sure.what's your problem with using atmospheric re-entry with an appropriately designed capsule and heat-shield?
It doesn't work! The capsule is going too fast.

mak3m

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2019, 01:08:37 AM »

So you say, what's your problem with using atmospheric re-entry with an appropriately designed capsule and heat-shield?
It doesn't work! The capsule is going too fast.

But you've never proven that "The capsule is going too fast" when a suitable heat shield and re-entry profile is used.

Maybe you could read a few if the references you've been given.
Here's another Atmospheric re-entry vehicle mechanics by Patrick Gallais

Those references show this silly claim is complete untrue.
Nobody has been able to show how you slow down a spacecraft in high speed orbit so it can land. 
You might not understand atmospheric re-entry but those at NASA, SpaceX and Boeing/SLA etc that matter understand it quite well.
Stop being a twerp Heiwa

Heiwa

« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2019, 04:53:50 AM »
Yes, I have read all stories about re-entries since 1961. The first one was by a communist hero of the Soviet Union. He didn't last long. Then this John Glenn clown. He became a US senator. Sad story. But American idiots believe them. I just feel sorry for them. Why not believe in real things. Like me.

mak3m

« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2019, 05:08:13 AM »
Yes, I have read all stories about re-entries since 1961. The first one was by a communist hero of the Soviet Union. He didn't last long. Then this John Glenn clown. He became a US senator. Sad story. But American idiots believe them. I just feel sorry for them. Why not believe in real things. Like me.

Because your evidence is, I cant understand this, I cant visualise this, spend a while debating things i know nothing about then just believe in me.

Hard pass.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2019, 06:42:35 AM »
Good question.
Then why won't you give me a good answer?  I don't care about the people that you don't believe.  I want to know who you do believe (other than yourself).

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2019, 06:59:33 AM »
Yes, I have read all stories about re-entries since 1961. The first one was by a communist hero of the Soviet Union.
Actually, meteors have been surviving atmospheric reentry for billions of years.  Robert Goddard proposed ablative heat shields back in the 1920s.  The German V2 was the first rocket to survive reentry (although heating wasn't too severe).  Longer range ballistic missiles since the 1950s have used ceramic or ablative heat shields to survive reentry.  So there has been plenty of research into atmospheric reentry before Gagarin.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2019, 02:51:19 PM »
Yes, I have read all stories about re-entries since 1961. The first one was by a communist hero of the Soviet Union. He didn't last long.

Well, he lasted 7 years after first going into to space. He died on 27 March 1968.

And Russia revealed that Yugi Gagarin bailed out and parachuted to Earth breaking the then FAI "astronaut rules".
They were forced to after "Gherman Titov owned up to ejecting himself."
Quote from: Cathleen Lewis, Space History Department
Why Yuri Gagarin Remains the First Man in Space, Even Though He Did Not Land Inside His Spacecraft
One of the stipulations that the FAI carried over from aviation was that spacecraft pilots, like aircraft pilots should land inside their craft in order for the record to be valid.  In the case of aviation, this made perfect sense.  No one wanted to encourage pilots to sacrifice themselves for an aviation record.  Piloting an aircraft that could not land did nothing to further aeronautical engineering.

When Yuri Gagarin orbited the Earth on 12 April 1961, the plan had never been for him to land inside his Vostok spacecraft.  His spherical reentry capsule came through the Earth’s atmosphere on a ballistic trajectory.  Soviet engineers had not yet perfected a braking system that would slow the craft sufficiently for a human to survive impact.  They decided to eject the cosmonaut from his craft.  Yuri Gagarin ejected at 20,000 feet and landed safely on Earth. 

Soviet engineers had not discussed this shortcoming with Soviet delegates to the FAI prior to his flight.  They prepared their documents for the FAI omitting this fact.  This led everyone to believe that Gagarin had landed inside his spacecraft.  It was not until four months later, when German Titov became the second human to orbit the Earth and the first person to spend a full day in space, when the controversy began to brew.  Titov owned up to ejecting himself. 

This led to a special meeting of the delegates to the FAI to reexamine Titov’s spaceflight records.  The conclusion of the delegates was to rework the parameters of human spaceflight to recognize that the great technological accomplishment of spaceflight was the launch, orbiting and safe return of the human, not the manner in which he or she landed.  Gagarin and Titov’s records remained on the FAI books.
So Yugi Gagarin and Gherman Titov did go into space and successfully survived the atmospheric re-entry but parachuted to Earth from around 20,000 feet because Russia had not perfected a soft landing on land.

The US Mercury capsules still entered on a ballistic trajectory, as did the Vostoks,  but NASA used parachutes to land successfully in the ocean.

Then this John Glenn clown. He became a US senator. Sad story.
If you claim that John Glenn is "sad story" then, just as we thought all along, you have completely lost touch with reality, sad really!
In 1998, while still a sitting senator, Glenn flew on Space Shuttle Discovery's STS-95 mission, making him, at age 77, the oldest person to fly in space and the only person to fly in both the Mercury and the Space Shuttle programs. Glenn, both the oldest and the last surviving member of the Mercury Seven, died at the age of 95 in 2016.
Did you fly in space when you were 77 or don't you remember back that far?

But American idiots believe them. I just feel sorry for them. Why not believe in real things. Like me.
Probably because while you might be "real" your claims are just delusional unproven fantasy, sad really!

Heiwa

« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2019, 11:37:58 PM »
Yes, I have read all stories about re-entries since 1961. The first one was by a communist hero of the Soviet Union. He didn't last long.

Well, he lasted 7 years after first going into to space. He died on 27 March 1968.

And Russia revealed that Yugi Gagarin bailed out and parachuted to Earth breaking the then FAI "astronaut rules".
Why Yuri Gagarin Remains the First Man in Space, Even Though He Did Not Land Inside His Spacecraft
One of the stipulations that the FAI carried over from aviation was that spacecraft pilots, like aircraft pilots should land inside their craft in order for the record to be valid.  In the case of aviation, this made perfect sense.  No one wanted to encourage pilots to sacrifice themselves for an aviation record.  Piloting an aircraft that could not land did nothing to further aeronautical engineering.

When Yuri Gagarin orbited the Earth on 12 April 1961, the plan had never been for him to land inside his Vostok spacecraft.  His spherical reentry capsule came through the Earth’s atmosphere on a ballistic trajectory.  Soviet engineers had not yet perfected a braking system that would slow the craft sufficiently for a human to survive impact.  They decided to eject the cosmonaut from his craft.  Yuri Gagarin ejected at 20,000 feet and landed safely on Earth. 

Soviet engineers had not discussed this shortcoming with Soviet delegates to the FAI prior to his flight.  They prepared their documents for the FAI omitting this fact.  This led everyone to believe that Gagarin had landed inside his spacecraft.  It was not until four months later, when German Titov became the second human to orbit the Earth and the first person to spend a full day in space, when the controversy began to brew.  Titov owned up to ejecting himself. 

This led to a special meeting of the delegates to the FAI to reexamine Titov’s spaceflight records.  The conclusion of the delegates was to rework the parameters of human spaceflight to recognize that the great technological accomplishment of spaceflight was the launch, orbiting and safe return of the human, not the manner in which he or she landed.  Gagarin and Titov’s records remained on the FAI books.
So Yugi Gagarin and Gherman Titov did go into space and successfully survived the atmospheric re-entry but parachuted to Earth from around 20,000 feet because Russia had not perfected a soft landing on land.

According the communist propaganda at the time the spacecraft landed softly using a parachute, etc. The spacecraft can be seen in Russia. But neither it nor Gagarin were ever in space. It was just communist propaganda to cheer up the comrades.

mak3m

« Reply #172 on: December 24, 2019, 01:47:20 AM »

According the communist propaganda at the time the spacecraft landed softly using a parachute, etc. The spacecraft can be seen in Russia. But neither it nor Gagarin were ever in space. It was just communist propaganda to cheer up the comrades.

*citation needed*

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #173 on: December 24, 2019, 01:55:38 AM »
According the communist propaganda at the time the spacecraft landed softly using a parachute, etc. The spacecraft can be seen in Russia.
Sure but they feared it would land too heavily for Yugi Gagarin to survive uninjured so he bailed out at about 20,000 ft.

But neither it nor Gagarin were ever in space. It was just communist propaganda to cheer up the comrades.
So you keep saying but with never a trace of evidence so to put it bluntly I do not believe you! And I doubt many others swallow your rubbish either,

Heiwa

« Reply #174 on: December 24, 2019, 02:00:40 AM »
According the communist propaganda at the time the spacecraft landed softly using a parachute, etc. The spacecraft can be seen in Russia.
Sure but they feared it would land too heavily for Yugi Gagarin to survive uninjured so he bailed out at about 20,000 ft.

I know, but the Gagarin spacecraft landed intact nearby and can be seen in Russia today unless it is exposed in Germany, etc.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2019, 02:08:30 AM »

I know, but the Gagarin spacecraft landed intact nearby and can be seen in Russia today unless it is exposed in Germany, etc.
I never denied that it did I? But Yugi Gagarin wasn't in it when it landed.

Heiwa

« Reply #176 on: December 24, 2019, 07:22:32 AM »

I never denied that it did I? But Yugi Gagarin wasn't in it when it landed.
Yes, the Gagarin spacecraft had its own parachute, so it could soft land safely on hard, frozen ground. It was April! It wasn't damaged at all. Gagarin himself was ejected from it, so he had to use his own parachute ... and he landed nearby. There was a kolchos worker and two children going to school to welcome them back to the USSR. 100% Fake News!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #177 on: December 24, 2019, 07:30:54 AM »
100% Fake News!
You're never going to answer my question about who you would believe about manned space flight being real, are you?

Heiwa

« Reply #178 on: December 24, 2019, 08:09:18 AM »
100% Fake News!
You're never going to answer my question about who you would believe about manned space flight being real, are you?
I do it at my web site. People got carried away in the 1950's and thought that space travel was easy. And yes, it was fairly easy to send objects into orbits around Earth BUT it was impossible to get out of any orbit and return and land on Earth. Only one-way space trips are possible. So NASA faked it. Still does.
It is very easy to fake anything in the USA. People does what the POTUS orders and the rest, Congress, Senate, Departments, Agencies, law courts, universities and administrators of all sorts, etc, just do what they are told. And US media publish it as Fake News.
Look at the clowns (criminals) doing the 911 show 2001 and blamed it on some Arabs. The POTUS & Co immediately 2001 ordered torture to be used to get some innocent people to tell anything and a Senate Commission described and approved it in detail.
It was easy. USA had falsified everything about nuclear weapons 1945+ and space exploration 1958+ so why not blame some Arabs for attacking USA 911 2001? Like the JFK assassination. Just blame a patsy.

mak3m

« Reply #179 on: December 24, 2019, 10:06:18 AM »
It was the Lizards I tell ye