Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery

• 187 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2019, 02:27:23 PM »
I always wonder who wrote this nonsense. Nobody ever flow in a Mercury spacecraft. It was all Fake News!
And I wonder why an engineer can't believe that the various difficulties of manned space flight and reentry could be overcome.  Sounds like a fake engineer to me.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #121 on: December 19, 2019, 07:21:29 PM »
I always wonder who wrote this nonsense. Nobody ever flow in a Mercury spacecraft. It was all Fake News!
And I wonder why an engineer can't believe that the various difficulties of manned space flight and reentry could be overcome.  Sounds like a fake engineer to me.
Fact remains that no Mercury Atlas spacecrafts with pilots ever flow anywhere. It was all Fake News produced by Hollywood, that likes brave men manually flying things, that cannot fly. I look forward to the National Geographic review.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #122 on: December 19, 2019, 07:35:35 PM »
Sounds like a fake engineer to me.
Fact remains that no Mercury Atlas spacecrafts with pilots ever flow anywhere.
Facts demand proof! So YOU prove "that no Mercury-Atlas spacecraft with pilots ever flow anywhere".
Otherwise, it's nothing more than:

You have never even presented any evidence or even reasonr for "no Mercury-Atlas spacecraft with pilots ever flow anywhere' ".

Heiwa

« Reply #123 on: December 19, 2019, 10:36:05 PM »
Facts demand proof! So YOU prove "that no Mercury-Atlas spacecraft with pilots ever flow anywhere".
OK, it seems that 30 fuses were fitted to enable the Mercury-Atlas thing to fly safely. But no spare fuses were provided aboard.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #124 on: December 20, 2019, 12:18:09 AM »
OK, it seems that 30 fuses were fitted to enable the Mercury-Atlas thing to fly safely. But no spare fuses were provided aboard.
Where is the source of your "no spare fuses were provided aboard"?
An obvious place for spare fuses would be in the fuse boxes.

But whatever the case it's not evidence of anything.

Heiwa

« Reply #125 on: December 20, 2019, 01:20:18 AM »

On my ships there are plenty fuses and if one is blown the ship's electrician fixes it. The Mercury-Atlas thing had no electrician aboard to fix fuses = clear evidence that the whole thing was Fake News to fool the public. Actually the communists in USSR had made a similar thing a little earlier to cheer up the comrades there. Ever heard of Yuri Gagarin? First man to orbit Earth in space. But it was just communist propaganda.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #126 on: December 20, 2019, 02:00:52 AM »

On my ships there are plenty fuses and if one is blown the ship's electrician fixes it.
If your electricians know what they are doing the won't replace a fuse until they repair what failed.
I doubt that the astronaut could do that in space so simply replacing fuses would be futile.

But fuses are there to protect the most vital equipment and there would modules that are not vital to survival.

By the way, I'm not an electrician but I know enough about electrical engineering to be called on to solve a stability problem in a power station and similar little things.

Quote from: Heiwa
The Mercury-Atlas thing had no electrician aboard to fix fuses = clear evidence that the whole thing was Fake News to fool the public.
Rubbish!
It's "clear evidence" of nothing more that the fact that you still don't know what you're talking about.

mak3m

« Reply #127 on: December 20, 2019, 02:30:49 AM »

On my ships there are plenty fuses and if one is blown the ship's electrician fixes it. The Mercury-Atlas thing had no electrician aboard to fix fuses = clear evidence that the whole thing was Fake News to fool the public. Actually the communists in USSR had made a similar thing a little earlier to cheer up the comrades there. Ever heard of Yuri Gagarin? First man to orbit Earth in space. But it was just communist propaganda.

You don't fix fuses chap.

Mercury capsule had a number of fuses for the electrical systems, however, the vital systems were controlled over a solid conductor system. Standard system was set up in a switch arrangement, fuse trips, check sources of outage or switch to secondary power source and flip switch, no need to leave your seat.

Vital systems had a three way switch, position 1 for normal mode, position 2, second solid conductor for emergency operations.

So without leaving the seat the capsule pilot can sort out minor electrical issues and control power to the essential power systems, massive amount of redundancy for short flights.

The fusing systems required for space flight are a piece of cake compared to maritime rated electrical systems, going out to sea being a much harsher environment for electrics. So if you believe there are ocean going vessels, im struggling to see how you think space flight is fake news because fuses?
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Heiwa

« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2019, 02:35:19 AM »

On my ships there are plenty fuses and if one is blown the ship's electrician fixes it.
If your electricians know what they are doing the won't replace a fuse until they repair what failed.
I doubt that the astronaut could do that in space so simply replacing fuses would be futile.

But fuses are there to protect the most vital equipment and there would modules that are not vital to survival.

By the way, I'm not an electrician but I know enough about electrical engineering to be called on to solve a stability problem in a power station and similar little things.

Quote from: Heiwa
The Mercury-Atlas thing had no electrician aboard to fix fuses = clear evidence that the whole thing was Fake News to fool the public.
Rubbish!
It's "clear evidence" of nothing more that the fact that you still don't know what you're talking about.
Well, this Mercury Spaceship was only required to fly <24 hrs, so why didn't they provide proper fuses. OK, no spare fuses and according NASA no fuses were ever blown = the whole thing was Fake News.
Only in 1950/60's Hollywood fuse comedies people were running around changing fuses instead of fucking in big beds ...

Heiwa

« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2019, 02:40:30 AM »

Mercury capsule had a number of fuses for the electrical systems, however, the vital systems were controlled over a solid conductor system. Standard system was set up in a switch arrangement, fuse trips, check sources of outage or switch to secondary power source and flip switch, no need to leave your seat.

Vital systems had a three way switch, position 1 for normal mode, position 2, second solid conductor for emergency operations.

So without leaving the seat the capsule pilot can sort out minor electrical issues and control power to the essential power systems, massive amount of redundancy for short flights.

The fusing systems required for space flight are a piece of cake compared to maritime rated electrical systems, going out to sea being a much harsher environment for electrics. So if you believe there are ocean going vessels, im struggling to see how you think space flight is fake news because fuses?
Thanks for asking. At sea, when things go wrong, you always blame a big wave that wipes you out in seconds at the middle of the night, etc. A surprise! And people ashore believe.
But not me.

mak3m

« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2019, 02:42:54 AM »

Thanks for asking. At sea, when things go wrong, you always blame a big wave that wipes you out in seconds at the middle of the night, etc. A surprise! And people ashore believe.
But not me.

Big wave tripped your fuses?

You ramble nothing but rubbish, obvious troll is obvious...

Heiwa

« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2019, 03:07:51 AM »

But not me.

Big wave tripped your fuses?

Yes, that's what I am told.
Of course, I never believe such nonsens. What about you?

mak3m

« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2019, 04:03:32 AM »
Mission accomplished you have derailed an interesting thread and reaffirmed your fantasy maritime career to yourself.

Heiwa

« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2019, 08:42:19 AM »
Mission accomplished you have derailed an interesting thread and reaffirmed your fantasy maritime career to yourself.
?? You fly a spacecraft at high speed and a fuse blows! What do you do? Change the fuse ... while flying? My car has few fuses and when one is broken, I have to stop, open the bonnet and change it.

mak3m

« Reply #134 on: December 20, 2019, 10:43:57 AM »
?? You fly a spacecraft at high speed and a fuse blows! What do you do? Change the fuse ... while flying? My car has few fuses and when one is broken, I have to stop, open the bonnet and change it.

You are not even reading responses, already discussed above.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #135 on: December 20, 2019, 10:59:13 AM »
?? You fly a spacecraft at high speed and a fuse blows! What do you do? Change the fuse ... while flying?
No, you flip a switch to go to a redundant circuit.  Almost all critical systems have at least one redundant circuit.

My car has few fuses and when one is broken, I have to stop, open the bonnet and change it.
Then it's a good thing that spacecraft electrical systems aren't designed like car electrical systems.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 11:00:58 AM by markjo »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #136 on: December 20, 2019, 01:16:57 PM »
?? You fly a spacecraft at high speed and a fuse blows! What do you do? Change the fuse ... while flying?
No, you flip a switch to go to a redundant circuit.  Almost all critical systems have at least one redundant circuit.
My car has few fuses and when one is broken, I have to stop, open the bonnet and change it.
Then it's a good thing that spacecraft electrical systems aren't designed like car electrical systems.
[/quote]
Well put :)!

Heiwa

« Reply #137 on: December 20, 2019, 03:29:10 PM »
Well, space travel is always at very high speeds and flipping a switch takes time, so it is certain that you will miss the target using such systems. You also need extra fuel for such systems and you cannot fill up in space.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #138 on: December 20, 2019, 04:50:47 PM »
Well, space travel is always at very high speeds and flipping a switch takes time, so it is certain that you will miss the target using such systems. You also need extra fuel for such systems and you cannot fill up in space.
Only if your "target" within the time it takes to flip a switch and the only target that really mattered on Mercury-Atlas 8 was re-entry.
But none of the trash you keep serving up is any evidence against crewed space travel.

So either get on topic, which is "Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery",  or buzz off!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #139 on: December 20, 2019, 05:11:52 PM »
Well, space travel is always at very high speeds and flipping a switch takes time, so it is certain that you will miss the target using such systems.
That's why you practice over and over and over and over again until it's reflex.  Also, most of the critically timed events were controlled by the flight computer.

You also need extra fuel for such systems and you cannot fill up in space.
No, you design and build your spacecraft with your booster and fuel budget in mind.  If your booster rocket can only put 3000 pounds safely into orbit, then you make sure that the total weight of your spacecraft, crew and anything else going into orbit is no more than 2999 pounds.  I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept for an engineer to understand.

Heiwa

« Reply #140 on: December 20, 2019, 10:10:49 PM »
Well, space travel is always at very high speeds and flipping a switch takes time, so it is certain that you will miss the target using such systems.
That's why you practice over and over and over and over again until it's reflex.  Also, most of the critically timed events were controlled by the flight computer.

You also need extra fuel for such systems and you cannot fill up in space.
No, you design and build your spacecraft with your booster and fuel budget in mind.  If your booster rocket can only put 3000 pounds safely into orbit, then you make sure that the total weight of your spacecraft, crew and anything else going into orbit is no more than 2999 pounds.  I'm not sure why that's such a difficult concept for an engineer to understand.
It sounds easy but how to decide where you are at high speed in 3D space for various event, e.g. where to start the re-entry at correct angles? BTW there was no flight computer aboard!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #141 on: December 21, 2019, 01:12:05 AM »
It sounds easy but how to decide where you are at high speed in 3D space for various event, e.g. where to start the re-entry at correct angles? BTW there was no flight computer aboard!
How many times does the same thing have to be explained.
Remembering this? MERCURY PROJECT SUMMARY (NASA SP-45): 8. WORLDWIDE NETWORK SUPPORT
Go and read it yourself!

Heiwa

« Reply #142 on: December 21, 2019, 01:21:13 AM »
How many times does the same thing have to be explained.
Remembering this? MERCURY PROJECT SUMMARY (NASA SP-45): 8. WORLDWIDE NETWORK SUPPORT
Go and read it yourself!
Yes, I have. NASA garbage, as usual.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #143 on: December 21, 2019, 08:31:39 AM »
If you don't want to believe NASA, then who would you believe?  If you're not willing to believe anyone, then why do you keep asking?

Heiwa

« Reply #144 on: December 21, 2019, 08:39:27 AM »
If you don't want to believe NASA, then who would you believe?  If you're not willing to believe anyone, then why do you keep asking?
I use critical thinking when analyzing the NASA statements and find that they are simple lies.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #145 on: December 21, 2019, 08:51:35 AM »
I use critical thinking when analyzing the NASA statements and find that they are simple lies.
The thing is, your comments don't seem to support your claim of "critical thinking".  Rather, they show a lack of understanding and incredulity.  Maybe you should consider the possibility that there are people who know more about these things than you do.

Heiwa

« Reply #146 on: December 21, 2019, 03:44:49 PM »
The thing is, your comments don't seem to support your claim of "critical thinking".  Rather, they show a lack of understanding and incredulity.  Maybe you should consider the possibility that there are people who know more about these things than you do.
Yes, I consider that possibility but when I see and hear what US presidents say and do, I am convinced that they lie about US space trips, nuclear weapons and wars against terrorism. One example is Afghanistan. USA said Afghanistan was run by terrorists supporting Arabs attacking USA and attacked it military 2001, installed a puppet and that it was illegal to talk to terrorists. The Afghans said they had nothing to do with 911. Right now USA is negotiating with them to get out of Afghanistan. I agree with the Afghans. They just defend themselves against US aggression. What do you think?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »
<< Off-topic >>
The topic is "Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery" so stop your de-railing of this thread.

I do apologise for assisting you and others in this but it was Denspressure's topic.

If you want to spout your nonsense make your own thread on say, "Heiwa's Collated Nonsense".

Bye!

Heiwa

« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2019, 09:39:26 PM »
<< Off-topic >>
The topic is "Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery" so stop your de-railing of this thread.

I do apologise for assisting you and others in this but it was Denspressure's topic.

If you want to spout your nonsense make your own thread on say, "Heiwa's Collated Nonsense".

Bye!
Yes, I know that topic is the Mercury tin can that according Fake News orbited Earth in space 1958/61. But the pilots were just Hollywood trained actors that never orbited anything. Just look at the photos ...

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »
Yes, I know that topic is the Mercury tin can that according Fake News orbited Earth in space 1958/61. But the pilots were just Hollywood trained actors that never orbited anything.
No, the pilots were highly trained military fighter pilots and test pilots.

Just look at the photos ...
What about the photos?