Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery

• 187 Replies

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
Re: Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2019, 09:11:03 AM »
So in Heiwa's world, RADAR doesn't exist. That would be the only way they wouldn't know their "speed, positions, and directions". Or the far more likely, heiwa doesn't understand so he assumes it is fake.
Well, RADAR doesn't work in space. Only at sea on Earth ... yes. It is about waves ... But it is OT. Topic is the Mercury teapot that survived a re-entry due to magic aerothermodynamics.
The photos are right. The thing was never in space.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2019, 09:33:39 AM »
Heiwa,

Go back to your thread and wait for visitors.    ;)

Heiwa

« Reply #32 on: December 07, 2019, 09:52:39 AM »
Heiwa,

Go back to your thread and wait for visitors.    ;)
I prefer  magic aerothermodynamics.

Yes

« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2019, 11:27:50 AM »
Spacecrafts are supposed to land at 0 speed so parachutes are required at the end. ICBMs will just go faster and faster during re-entry.
Nope, wrong again.  And do you mean drogue parachutes or the main parachutes?  (I only ask to highlight your ignorance.)  Either way, your assertion doesn't apply to splashdowns.  The braking just needs to reduce the speed enough so that when the spacecraft hits the water, it doesn't kill everyone.

How Apollo 8 managed to slow down from 11 040 m/s speed to 0 in 14 minutes (or 840 seconds) at 13.14 m/s² has never really been explained. It was due to aerothermodynamics of course but how? Everyone was so happy that it just happened, so nobody ever asked ... how?
As usual, your rambling post only serves to demonstrate your inability to use google.  Here's the official report on all you'd ever want to know about the Apollo landing systems:  https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19740003586.pdf

I know you won't read it.  Your arrogance prevents you from learning.  Rather, I provide the link for the benefit of others.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

?

frenat

« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2019, 07:00:50 PM »
So in Heiwa's world, RADAR doesn't exist. That would be the only way they wouldn't know their "speed, positions, and directions". Or the far more likely, heiwa doesn't understand so he assumes it is fake.
Well, RADAR doesn't work in space. Only at sea on Earth ... yes. It is about waves ... But it is OT. Topic is the Mercury teapot that survived a re-entry due to magic aerothermodynamics.
So now you're claiming radio waves can't travel through space? Really? And NO, it is not off topic when YOU make the fallacious claim that they wouldn't know their "speed, positions, and directions." YOU made it the topic. Now you're trying to run away from it with another fallacious claim.

Heiwa

« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2019, 07:15:51 PM »
So now you're claiming radio waves can't travel through space? Really? And NO, it is not off topic when YOU make the fallacious claim that they wouldn't know their "speed, positions, and directions." YOU made it the topic. Now you're trying to run away from it with another fallacious claim.
No, I claim RADAR doesn't work in space. RADAR works only on Earth to spot things on and above Earth. It has nothing to do with radio waves. Topic is the Mercury teapot that was floating in the sea and lifted on a ship, so that photos could be taken of it. Some people suggest the Mercury teapot dropped down from space. I claim it was Fake News. The Mercury teapot was dropped off from an airplane and then splashed into the ocean below, etc. Very easy to fake as something coming from space higher above.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2019, 07:42:31 PM »
I claim it was Fake News.
Now if only you could prove that it was fake news.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2019, 07:58:31 PM »
No, I claim RADAR doesn't work in space. RADAR works only on Earth to spot things on and above Earth. It has nothing to do with radio waves.
Are you seriously claiming that "RADAR . . . . . has nothing to do with radio waves"?

The ignorance is strong with this one!

Yes

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2019, 08:20:43 PM »
The R in RADAR stands for tRoll.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2019, 09:19:45 PM »
the other R stands for 'taRd

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2019, 10:06:23 PM »
No, I claim RADAR doesn't work in space. RADAR works only on Earth to spot things on and above Earth. It has nothing to do with radio waves. Topic is the Mercury teapot that was floating in the sea and lifted on a ship, so that photos could be taken of it. Some people suggest the Mercury teapot dropped down from space. I claim it was Fake News. The Mercury teapot was dropped off from an airplane and then splashed into the ocean below, etc. Very easy to fake as something coming from space higher above.
Here, for your delectation and enjoyment:

The First Results Of Parker Solar Probe's Visits To The Sun, 174,418 views, by Scott Manley
How do you like the 174,418 views in just over one day?

But I hope you take note of the reverse gravity assists to slow the Parker Solar Probe down. Nice bit of orbital mechanics don't you think?

And that Parker Solar Probe probably used radar, including Doppler radar, to check the distance from and velocity relative to Venus. 

Pity you can't even grasp the principle of swapping a bit of momentum with a planet, Venus this time.
Some people are born incapable of understanding things but you seem to have achieved that goal with hard work.

How's that Dunning-Kruger Peak of Mt Stupid feeling today?

Heiwa

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2019, 01:04:45 AM »
No, I claim RADAR doesn't work in space. RADAR works only on Earth to spot things on and above Earth. It has nothing to do with radio waves.
Are you seriously claiming that "RADAR . . . . . has nothing to do with radio waves"?

Hm, of course radar uses radio waves but it doesn't work in space, when you try to find the location at 120 000 m altitude to start your re-entry in order to land. And did this Mercury teapot really have a RADAR aboard?
And did the Apollo tin pots have RADAR aboard to return and land on Earth coming from the Moon? Of course not. Dr. Buzz used a sextant ...
Radar only works on Earth, so you can see what happens around you there.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2019, 01:11:21 AM »

Hahahahaha

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2019, 03:49:05 AM »

Hm, of course radar uses radio waves but it doesn't work in space,
And why wouldn't radar work in space.

Quote from: Heiwa
when you try to find the location at 120 000 m altitude to start your re-entry in order to land. And did this Mercury teapot really have a RADAR aboard?
I believe the Mercury spacecraft relied of ground radar but had active radar transponders on board.

And did the Apollo tin pots have RADAR aboard to return and land on Earth coming from the Moon? Of course not. Dr. Buzz used a sextant ...
Just because a special sextant was used does not mean that other navigation methods were not used.
Apollo CMs had rendezvous radar and the LM had a radar altimeter and velocity radar.
And Earth based radar using the "big dishes" could measure distance to and velocity of the Apollo modules very precisely.
Your inability to  understand or refusal to believe them is neither here-nor-there.

What total garbage! Why would radar only work on Earth?
Radar works anywhere you have a direct view of targets within range.

The distance to the Moon and Venus has been measured accurately using radar.
And radar ranging and velocity measurement of distant spacecraft is standard practice.

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2019, 05:18:32 AM »
It has nothing to do with radio waves.

Hm, of course radar uses radio waves

Only geniuses of Heiwa level can understand these paradoxes.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

frenat

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2019, 05:40:54 AM »
RADAR uses radio waves.
It stands for
RAdio
Detection
And
Ranging

Heiwa AGAIN spouting off on something he doesn't understand.

At least you make it easy to see just how much of a fraud/joke you are.

?

frenat

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2019, 05:44:09 AM »

Hm, of course radar uses radio waves but it doesn't work in space, when you try to find the location at 120 000 m altitude to start your re-entry in order to land. And did this Mercury teapot really have a RADAR aboard?
I don't know if Mercury had RADAR onboard, but Apollo did, used for the rendezvous between spacecraft.  The RADAR in question was operated from the ground, detecting and tracking objects in space. This is something you would know if you had done the slightest bit of research on the subject. But you didn't because you just decided you didn't understand it and didn't bother to actually learn anything.

Just because YOU don't understand it doesn't mean everyone else shares your ignorance on the subject.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2019, 05:56:22 AM »
No... RADAR stands for

Retarded
Anders
Displays
Asinine
Reasoning

Definitely works in space.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Heiwa

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2019, 05:56:55 AM »
RADAR uses radio waves.
It stands for
RAdio
Detection
And
Ranging

Hm, RADAR only works on Earth. Not in space. To spot things from Earth in space you use various telescopes. Many people think Earth and space are similar but ... they are wrong. If in space you float around in vacuum, while on Earth gravity pulls you down to it. Try to go to the toilet in space, and you will understand. It is easier on Earth. Just aim!
It seems this Mercury teapot had no toilet. And no RADAR.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 06:01:21 AM by Heiwa »

?

frenat

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2019, 06:49:43 AM »
RADAR uses radio waves.
It stands for
RAdio
Detection
And
Ranging

Hm, RADAR only works on Earth. Not in space. To spot things from Earth in space you use various telescopes. Many people think Earth and space are similar but ... they are wrong. If in space you float around in vacuum, while on Earth gravity pulls you down to it. Try to go to the toilet in space, and you will understand. It is easier on Earth. Just aim!
You're still wrong, still a troll, and still suffering from Dunning Kruger.  and you seem to have an unhealthy fixation with the bathroom.

You've offered no reasoning why RADAR should only work on Earth, just an assertion. As such it can be dismissed as one of your many unsupported ignorant statements.

but thanks for proving me right about how easy it is to see how much of a fraud/joke you are!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 06:51:30 AM by frenat »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2019, 10:07:13 AM »
Why are we letting Anders hijack yet another thread?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 10:09:13 AM by markjo »
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Heiwa

« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2019, 10:42:45 AM »
RADAR uses radio waves.
It stands for
RAdio
Detection
And
Ranging

You're still wrong, still a troll, and still suffering from Dunning Kruger.  and you seem to have an unhealthy fixation with the bathroom.

You've offered no reasoning why RADAR should only work on Earth, just an assertion. As such it can be dismissed as one of your many unsupported ignorant statements.

but thanks for proving me right about how easy it is to see how much of a fraud/joke you are!
Hm, my ships at sea on Earth uses radar all the time. We know where we are and we know what is going on around us thanks to RADAR.
It is different in space. If you are in a spacecraft approaching Earth from the Moon at 11 000 m/s speed to  land, you are going pretty fast. And you have to start at a certain location up at the interface Earth/Space. No RADAR can assist you to find that location. Any RADAR just produce a screen full of clouds.
I pay you €1M if you can prove me wrong. See thread up top!

?

frenat

« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2019, 01:39:09 PM »
RADAR uses radio waves.
It stands for
RAdio
Detection
And
Ranging

Hm, my ships at sea on Earth uses radar all the time. We know where we are and we know what is going on around us thanks to RADAR.
It is different in space. If you are in a spacecraft approaching Earth from the Moon at 11 000 m/s speed to  land, you are going pretty fast. And you have to start at a certain location up at the interface Earth/Space. No RADAR can assist you to find that location. Any RADAR just produce a screen full of clouds.
I pay you €1M if you can prove me wrong. See thread up top!
You pay nobody because you've shown before that you move the goalposts when you get the answer and you don't understand the subject anyway. Plus you have admitted that your "challenge" isn't real anyway. Plus your fake "challenge" does not involve RADAR which DOES work in space. You still have not shown otherwise. STILL just another unsupported assertion from you. You're still just a troll and STILL proving me right about how easy it is to see how much a fraud/joke you are.

The only reason you're even on this thread is you got bored in your other thread because nobody posted there for a while so you decided to shitpost in this one too.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 01:48:44 PM by frenat »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2019, 02:47:19 PM »

Irrelevant, unless your targets have active transponders and your ships have radar dishes like these antennae used by NASA fro the Apollo missions:

26-metre dish, NASA’s prime antenna in at Australia
for the Apollo missions

9 metre Apollo USB antenna at Carnarvon, WA.

VHF Range and Range Rate antenna at Carnarvon, WA.

How many of your ships have antennas like these?

It is different in space. If you are in a spacecraft approaching Earth from the Moon at 11 000 m/s speed to land, you are going pretty fast.
Sure "you are going pretty fast"! So what? Radio signals travel at almost 300,000,000 m/s.
And you have to start at a certain location up at the interface Earth/Space. No RADAR can assist you to find that location. Any RADAR just produce a screen full of clouds.
You have never given any explanation of why you claim that "No RADAR can assist you to find that location".
It was wrong and still is wrong, so what about it? Put up a logical explanation or just be quiet on the matter!

But it's total utter garbage! Whyever would "Any RADAR just produce a screen full of clouds"?
In case you hadn't heard, radar penetrates clouds quite well but can be blocked by heavy rain.

I really don't know why you insist on repeatedly confirming your abject ignorance of anything to do with orbital mechanics, spacecraft navigation, atmospheric re-entry and a numerous list of other things.

Is the humiliation worth the extra traffic on your scam website that simply expands on your abject ignorance of anything to do with orbital mechanics, spacecraft navigation, atmospheric re-entry and a numerous list of other things.

I do hope you enjoyed that video on the Parker Solar Probe ::) at: Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery « Reply #40 on: December 08, 2019, 04:06:23 PM ».
The trajectory is such a nice example of use Venus fly-bys to slow the craft down instead of the usual "gravity assist".

But all this simply boils down to your own delusion that if you can't understand something then it must be impossible - not so!
You're just another pathetic case of that dreaded incurable Chronic Dunning-Kruger Syndrome. It seems common among conspiritards, I wonder wht?

Heiwa

« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2019, 07:23:52 PM »

Irrelevant, unless your targets have active transponders and your ships have radar dishes like these antennae used by NASA fro the Apollo missions:

26-metre dish, NASA’s prime antenna in at Australia
for the Apollo missions

9 metre Apollo USB antenna at Carnarvon, WA.

VHF Range and Range Rate antenna at Carnarvon, WA.

How many of your ships have antennas like these?

It is different in space. If you are in a spacecraft approaching Earth from the Moon at 11 000 m/s speed to land, you are going pretty fast.
Sure "you are going pretty fast"! So what? Radio signals travel at almost 300,000,000 m/s.
And you have to start at a certain location up at the interface Earth/Space. No RADAR can assist you to find that location. Any RADAR just produce a screen full of clouds.
You have never given any explanation of why you claim that "No RADAR can assist you to find that location".
It was wrong and still is wrong, so what about it? Put up a logical explanation or just be quiet on the matter!

But it's total utter garbage! Whyever would "Any RADAR just produce a screen full of clouds"?
In case you hadn't heard, radar penetrates clouds quite well but can be blocked by heavy rain.

I really don't know why you insist on repeatedly confirming your abject ignorance of anything to do with orbital mechanics, spacecraft navigation, atmospheric re-entry and a numerous list of other things.

Is the humiliation worth the extra traffic on your scam website that simply expands on your abject ignorance of anything to do with orbital mechanics, spacecraft navigation, atmospheric re-entry and a numerous list of other things.

I do hope you enjoyed that video on the Parker Solar Probe ::) at: Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery « Reply #40 on: December 08, 2019, 04:06:23 PM ».
The trajectory is such a nice example of use Venus fly-bys to slow the craft down instead of the usual "gravity assist".

But all this simply boils down to your own delusion that if you can't understand something then it must be impossible - not so!
You're just another pathetic case of that dreaded incurable Chronic Dunning-Kruger Syndrome. It seems common among conspiritards, I wonder wht?

Please, do not change the topic, which is RADAR fitted on or used by spacecrafts, so the spacecraft pilot can find the location in the upper atmosphere at >100 000 m altitude to start a re-entry at high speed and finish in a soft landing on Earth (e.g. in the Atlantic or Pacific oceans) in front of the US Navy.
Do they use RADAR to avoid colliding with birds up there? Or other spacecrafts?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2019, 07:30:22 PM »
Please, do not change the topic, which is RADAR fitted on or used by spacecrafts.
No, the topic is "Private photos of Mercury-Atlas 8 Recovery".

Heiwa

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2019, 10:51:42 PM »
Please, do not change the topic, which is RADAR fitted on or used by spacecrafts.
Yes, and no RADAR is seen on the Mercury teapot.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2019, 12:50:13 AM »
Yes, and no RADAR is seen on the Mercury teapot Spacecraft.
Why should there  be?
To provide mission support, the equipment of the network had to provide the following major functions:
(1) Ground radar tracking of the spacecraft and transmission of the radar data to the Goddard computers
(2) Launch, orbital, and reentry computations during the flight with real- time display data being transmitted to Mercury Control Center ( MCC )
(3) Real-time telemetry display data at the sites
(4) Command capability at various stations for controlling specific spacecraft functions from the ground
(5) Voice communications between the spacecraft and the ground, and maintenance of a network for voice, teletype, and radar data communications.
Here watch this and you might learn about yourself:

The Dunning-Kruger Effect - Cognitive Bias - Why Incompetent People Think They Are Competent by After Skool

mak3m

« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2019, 02:26:06 AM »
Troll deployment successful.

Dont mix up Marine Radar and Radar, RADAR is not used for navigation.
You have to learn to reply without quoting a long previous answer.

Heiwa

« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2019, 02:38:51 AM »
Yes, and no RADAR is seen on the Mercury teapot Spacecraft.
Why should there  be?
To provide mission support, the equipment of the network had to provide the following major functions:
(1) Ground radar tracking of the spacecraft and transmission of the radar data to the Goddard computers
(2) Launch, orbital, and reentry computations during the flight with real- time display data being transmitted to Mercury Control Center ( MCC )
(3) Real-time telemetry display data at the sites
(4) Command capability at various stations for controlling specific spacecraft functions from the ground
(5) Voice communications between the spacecraft and the ground, and maintenance of a network for voice, teletype, and radar data communications.
Here watch this and you might learn about yourself:

The Dunning-Kruger Effect - Cognitive Bias - Why Incompetent People Think They Are Competent by After Skool

The Mercury 8 pilot - better forgotten - had to land on Earth after he had been catapulted into space by an Atlas rocket and had to steer his teapot back to Earth. So he had a RADAR. Or not. Anyway, the teapot - topic - was saved from sinking in the sea. And photos were taken. The pilot? Just a cheap actor of no value. And the RADAR? Top secret military nonsense. It is so funny.