Models of flat earth

• 6 Replies
?

alex314

• Truth, knowledge and science.
Models of flat earth
« on: July 01, 2019, 11:25:45 PM »
I want to learn about flat earth.

So can you please point me to the model of flat earth, or a model? I would prefer a scientific paper, a wikipedia entry, an article, or something I can read (no Youtube videos!). I want learn about flat earth models that describe the world as we can observe it.

Thank you so much!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:28:37 PM by alex314 »

?

alex314

Re: Models of flat earth
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 11:59:44 PM »
Okay, so what have you done so far?

Seen models proposed in face book and other sites. I so far have only seen the """standard""" FE model, the flat disk with the sun circling above. But clearly this model does not describe what we all can observe.

So is there a '''better''' model?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:21:03 AM »

No, you do not.

If you sincere so you can read my and sandokhan's workings in believers subforum. another thing?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

alex314

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 01:17:00 AM »

No, you do not.

If you sincere so you can read my and sandokhan's workings in believers subforum. another thing?

I do not want to read comments in a forum.

I want to read about a model of flat earth! If earth is really flat, I want to know it!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 03:51:35 AM »
Except that your "workings" and Sandokhan's "Advanced Flat Earth Theory" are quite different!
Maybe you could suggest Tom Bishop, sceptimatic and JRoweskeptic as well?
Do you want to completely confuse poor alex314?

If the earth is really flat there can only be one correct "Flat Earth Model" and one correct "Flat Earth map" though minor differences might be acceptable.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 06:37:47 AM »
They like to keep several different models "live" so they can hop between them during a discussion. By claiming different people believe in each model they will refer you to that person and their model when your questions meet the limitations of the model you're currently discussion. You then have to start all over again with the new person.

The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 07:04:47 AM »
Jane's FE compendium does a good job giving a brief description of some of the different models. https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=71053.0
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.