Cavendish experiment

• 119 Replies
Re: Cavendish experiment
« Reply #30 on: June 26, 2019, 02:47:19 AM »
No my position is that many many moon photographs are taken on earth in a studio.

You're not going as far as claiming all of these photos are taken in a studio then?

It surely only takes one genuine photo to confirm that we have indeed been to the moon. I'm not sure why, if we have been to the moon and genuinely photographed it, we would then start producing fake photos. What would be the point?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2019, 03:20:51 AM »
Simple. It does not work. Prove somebody have done that experiment in completely a fair and scientific environment; with preventing every type of manipulation.

To save a bit of everyone's time, what criteria would we have to meet to satisfy you that the experiment was completely fair? I mean I can easily find a video of someone performing this on YouTube, but I have the feeling you'd dismiss it straight away for one or other reason, so if you could give us a list of common manipulations to look out for, it would help narrow the search. For a start, do you object to video evidence on principle? In which case I'll give up right now.

Video evidence can be acceptable depends on their complete the scientific criterias.

Scientific experiment has to be; reproducible, understandable, and unobjectionable.

We can explain it in two steps:

1- fair and objective; includes taking into account opposite views and objections.
2- repeatable by everybody.

here, first of all, it is necessary to say that because you are involved in this discussion, because you don't like what I say, leaving the discussion and leaving you won't do anything. I don't have to lose an argument to win you. So I will say that I know right here, regardless of your attitude.

I'll say the last things to say now because to save everybody's time a bit.

the cavernity test does not have the conditions of being "fair and objective". Because: Moon is known to attract metals. on the basis of this situation, cupping method has been aplied since thousands of years. this is known from the applications. You can find these people around everywhere. you can appeal to it. there are many people who think so, and this appeal has to be considered. taking this into account provides the "unobjectionable" requirement. but in contrast to this requirement, the balls in the test are selected from metal balls and subjected to the lunar effect. As the moon rotates continuously, it is certain that it will cause rotation in the balls due to the magnetic attraction effect. for this, first of all, these balls must be wood, not metal. So;

CONDITION 1: Wooden balls have to be used, instead of metal.

CONDITION 2: The object to which the rope is attached must be proved to be stationary, immobile and not connected to any mechanism. in many cases it is seen that the part to which the rope is attached is hidden.

CONDITION 3:  the building must be proved being stationary.

CONDITION 4:  it should be proved that there is no wind effect in the building.

CONDITION 5: people must be at a distance that they cannot move by blowing into spheres.

CONDITION 6: video of the test sphere, rope, inside and outside of the building with multiple devices in 3-D format has to be.

That's all I can think of for now. however, these conditions can be increased by looking at the example. What is important here is that the experiment takes place with certainty that it will "cause no doubt". It has to be unobjectionable. to date, I have never seen such a scientific test in benefits of globularist theory. because they are "supposed" scientists. you are now facing the true one for the first time. one day our capabilities will increase then you'll meet the real experiments.

OK, I have a few follow up questions regarding condition 1 since I think it's unlikely I'm going to be able to find any well documented serious attempts of the Cavendish Experiment using wooden balls (I assume they don't literally have to be balls, any sensible shape would do?)

Would any non-metal weight be acceptable - e.g. concrete, water in a plastic container - or does it have to be wood?

Your objection to metal is that the moon exerts a magnetic attraction on metal objects is that correct? So something like lead would be ruled out because of its weak interaction with magnetic fields, however you are OK with wood, even though that also weakly interacts with magnetic fields?

I've seen versions of the Cavendish experiment where the weights are moved to different positions which would tend to cancel out any stray attractions from a particular direction would it not? Any good?

of course, wood is not essential, but the material should be nonconductive and free of metal. it is important that the metals are not affected by the magnetic field. It can be all kinds of magnetic field. Even electric tools affect metal. because the electric current creates a magnetic field and the magnetic field applies force to the charged particle there.it is important that metals are not affected by the magnetic field. Any kind of magnetic field. Even power tools affect metal. because the electric current creates a magnetic field and the magnetic field applies force to the particles there. any of the metals may contain material with magnet properties, and we can not be sure of this.

there is a wide variety of materials in the concrete and some of it is not metal. plastic is not very reliable because some non-conductive materials, even some production plastics, can be electrically affected and affected by the magnetic field. therefore the best is wood.

but instead of doing this experiment, I suggest you use metal, and then prove that it can really be used to determine the position of the moon. this is really useful and real. It still does not scientific experiment but can be used.

Don't think this is going to be easy. Most of the experiments I've seen use lead balls, however I did come across an old film from way back (1961) with the title "An excerpt of the PSSC Film FORCES Professor Jerrold R. Zacharias The Massachusetts Institute of Technology a qualitative demonstration of the Cavendish Experiment".

The experiment uses large boxes of sand and bottles of water. The experiment is enclosed in a glass case with a wire screen to keep out stray air currents and electromagnetic effects. I think this goes some way to fulfilling your condition 1. The camera also pans to the roof showing where the "rope" is attached (in this case they use recording tape), addressing your condition 2 I think. The building is very solid looking and is described as a garage - I don't know if you could prove it is stationary, but looks pretty solid to me (condition 3). As I say, the equipment is enclosed, so conditions 4 and 5 are covered. Condition 6 is a no-no, the film is from 1961 in B&W so you're not getting 3-D for starters.

I can't now find the original in English (I have it downloaded), but there is for some reason an italian version on YouTube if you want to look it up.

An experiment made in 1961 it should be much better with today's technological possibilities, doesn't it?

Of course and there have been a number of more sophisticated attempts to measure G, for example using cryogenic temperatures to increase accuracy. However these experiments aren't something you can repeat in your garage using things you can find around the house and in any case they are not attempting to prove the existence of gravity through these experiments, gravity is taken for granted - the object of the exercise is to measure gravity with as much accuracy as possible.

To my mind the more relevant experiments are the ones using simple technology just intended to demonstrate gravity, not necessarily to measure it accurately. The sort of thing college physics courses do all over the world. The problem here is that they are likely just to use an off the shelf Cavendish balance from a supplier of lab equipment and these will most likely use lead balls - something you object to - so there's no point looking at these either.

That leaves us scrabbling around looking for more DIY experiments, but done in a professional manner. So a properly documented and filmed experiment by an MIT professor using sand and water (to satisfy your no-metals requirement) seemed like a close match for your requirements. I can't help that it was filmed in 1961 and nobody has bothered to repeat it (and publish a film about it) since.

The problem is that people have been measuring and demonstrating gravity for 200 years or so, but they've designed their experiments according to their own ideas and requirements. Most people are satisfied with the methods used, you are not - fair enough - but you're asking for someone to have anticipated your requirements and designed an experiment around your ideas and unsurprisingly nobody has as far as I can tell, so we're just looking for the closest match.

I got you. If I get you true so you are just trying to find a middle course between my objections and priority of others whose make this experiment. The common way here is, of course, to carry out an experiment that takes into account what I say. for, until the discovery of America (once again) 500 years ago, the world was thought to be flat. that is, in fact, the natural anti-thesis of the globularist thesis. once you take the anti-thesis into consideration, you should take into account the counter-thesis arguments that are likely to affect your experiment.

it is not convincing that the lunar effect that is likely to affect the metal ball is not taken into account when conducting these experiments. I think this was used as a method of deception. in other words, the metal cavendish experiment is proof that the world is flat. and it is easy to prove.

1) Select one of the balls as metal.
2) Choose any other material of equal weight to other ball. This time can be concrete. because it contains less metal, the moon will be less affected by the magnetic effect. this allows the metal ball to take more force of moon and move within the same magnetic field.
3) do this experiment at night and when the moon visible.
4) Place the metal ball in the moon direction. it will not move in this case, but it will make a very slow movement following the movement of the moon.
5) Turn the metal ball to a further point in the direction of movement.
6)

a) if the world is spinning; the metal ball must continue move in the same direction as the previous movement.
b) If the effect that causes the ball to rotate is the magnetic field of the moon, the metal ball will move in the opposite direction of its previous movement and return to the moon direction.

this is not definitive evidence for the flat earth, but it proves the magnetic attraction of the moon and proves that the cavendish experiment is not a proof of the spinning of the earth.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

alex314

• Truth, knowledge and science.
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2019, 03:32:42 AM »
My original question was:

If 'gravity' is not real, why does the Cavendish experiment work then, showing 'gravity' between masses?

I mean, if gravity is not real, and the 'effect' of gravity was seen, is it because
- the experiment has been designed so to 'fake' the result?
- the professor is part of the conspiracy and did some 'tricks' so the masses are moving?
- all students were given hallucinogen drugs to think the masses were moving?
- anything else?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2019, 03:47:12 AM »

If 'gravity' is not real, why does the Cavendish experiment work then, showing 'gravity' between masses?

I mean, if gravity is not real, and the 'effect' of gravity was seen, is it because
- the professor is part of the conspiracy and did some 'tricks' so the masses are moving?
- anything else?

The metal balls used must not be metal to indicate that the attraction effect is not affected by the magnet property of the other object or the magnetic field of the moon. Your questions are void, childish and illogical because balls which used are metal balls. I guess you don't follow the development of the issue.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

alex314

« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2019, 03:54:12 AM »

- anything else?

The metal balls used must not be metal to indicate that the attraction effect is not affected by the magnet property of the other object or the magnetic field of the moon. Your questions are void, childish and illogical because balls which used are metal balls. I guess you don't follow the development of the issue.

Ah, so you are saying the experiment 'works' because of the magnetic field of the moon. I understand.

But why does the experiment always work independent of the moon's position then?

Also, I prefer to stay on the subject and hand and not refer to insulting people. The one who insults other people is the idiot.

« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2019, 06:33:49 AM »
How do you measure the magnetic field of the moon?
You can't fix FE.

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2019, 06:36:51 AM »
I got you. If I get you true so you are just trying to find a middle course between my objections and priority of others whose make this experiment.
Exactly so
The common way here is, of course, to carry out an experiment that takes into account what I say. for, until the discovery of America (once again) 500 years ago, the world was thought to be flat. that is, in fact, the natural anti-thesis of the globularist thesis. once you take the anti-thesis into consideration, you should take into account the counter-thesis arguments that are likely to affect your experiment.

it is not convincing that the lunar effect that is likely to affect the metal ball is not taken into account when conducting these experiments. I think this was used as a method of deception. in other words, the metal cavendish experiment is proof that the world is flat. and it is easy to prove.
Well it might be a deception or it might be that the ones conducting the experiments honestly believed (rightly or wrongly) that such effects would be negligible and could be legitimately ignored. I don't know the truth of this, but my belief is that the Moon has a very weak magnetic field, is a long way away (you may not agree with this of course) and metals such as lead will only very weakly interact with magnetic fields. Based on that, it doesn't seem unreasonable to conclude that you can ignore the effect of the Moon, however that's an assumption on my part and since you disagree, then yes, it would be better all round if there were some sound method to determine whether or not the effect is indeed significant.
1) Select one of the balls as metal.
2) Choose any other material of equal weight to other ball. This time can be concrete. because it contains less metal, the moon will be less affected by the magnetic effect. this allows the metal ball to take more force of moon and move within the same magnetic field.
3) do this experiment at night and when the moon visible.
4) Place the metal ball in the moon direction. it will not move in this case, but it will make a very slow movement following the movement of the moon.
5) Turn the metal ball to a further point in the direction of movement.
6)

a) if the world is spinning; the metal ball must continue move in the same direction as the previous movement.
b) If the effect that causes the ball to rotate is the magnetic field of the moon, the metal ball will move in the opposite direction of its previous movement and return to the moon direction.

this is not definitive evidence for the flat earth, but it proves the magnetic attraction of the moon and proves that the cavendish experiment is not a proof of the spinning of the earth.

This seems like a reasonable experiment, but I would want to hear the opinion of a professional scientist, e.g. a physics professor. There may well be legitimate objections to this that, as a lay person, I'm simply not going to think of. The one thing I'm not going to do (and I hope this doesn't disappoint) is try and perform this myself. Some years ago I had a go at a Cavendish experiment of my own, just for fun. I ended up with weights swinging all over the place and gave up. My DIY experiment was far too primitive and air currents were a complete nightmare, so I've learned my lesson and leave the actual experiments to those more competent (and more patient) than I am.

My hope here was that we would be able to find some documented and video recorded experiment which came close enough to satisfying your conditions. I think the MIT demonstration I mentioned wasn't too far away. I guess we didn't get there, but interesting none the less.

Macarios

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2019, 06:43:03 AM »

By using magnetometers.

The magnetic field of the Moon was measured at four Apollo landing sites.

Explorer 35 also measured from Moon's orbit.

https://www.lpi.usra.edu/lunar/missions/apollo/apollo_11/experiments/lsme/
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 06:46:25 AM by Macarios »
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2019, 06:53:22 AM »

By using magnetometers.

So you have admitted lunar magnetic affect. So you have admitted it destroys the reliablity of cavendish experiment completely. Its like just how Polaris affect the compass, moon attracks the metals. This is simple. Cavendish experiment is nothing but a peace of baseless childish fraud.

Proven. Case closed.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

?

alex314

« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2019, 07:50:25 AM »

Proven. Case closed.[/b]

Typical flat earther. Ignoring substantial questions (or everything) and claiming a 'victory'.

- Does the moon affects a compass?
- Why does the Cavendish experiment always work, no matter the position of the moon?
- How does the moon affect metal?

Macarios

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2019, 09:57:43 AM »

By using magnetometers.

So you have admitted lunar magnetic affect. So you have admitted it destroys the reliablity of cavendish experiment completely. Its like just how Polaris affect the compass, moon attracks the metals. This is simple. Cavendish experiment is nothing but a peace of baseless childish fraud.

Proven. Case closed.

How are those things connected?
Have you seen the intensity of those magnetic fields?

20 uT

That's right. Twenty MICRO TESLA.

You're funny. Trying to use data without knowing what the data means. :)

Moon has complex composition, including iron.
Those cement blocks used in some versions of Cavendish don't.

Besides, Moon is way too far to interfere.
And Earth's magnetic field can't influence those cement blocks either.

~~~~~

If you want some magic read Bible or Quran. Or "Arabian Nights".:)
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2019, 10:54:54 AM »
I was mostly asking the professor how he came about to think the moon has a magnetic field and how he measured it in order to claim it has any effect here on earth.

So Wise, since you cannot use globularist data, how would you quantify moon's magnetic field?
You can't fix FE.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2019, 12:47:51 PM »

Proven. Case closed.[/b]

Typical flat earther. Ignoring substantial questions (or everything) and claiming a 'victory'.

- Why does the Cavendish experiment always work, no matter the position of the moon?

Stop to do prejudices. Classic angry globularist.

- Moon affects metals have been shown by NASA, this is what NASA admitted. Do not manipulate the issue whether affect compass or not. This is childish, just childish behaviour what you have.
- It simply turns the position of the moon wherever position of the moon be. Then follows it.
- Ask it to NASA. They have admitted its existance.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2019, 12:49:00 PM »

we all know things on fall earth but don't why yet. Human try to represent it in mathematical models but haven't succeeded yet.

why does the Cavendish experiment work then, showing 'gravity' between masses

one word hocus-pocus

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2019, 01:52:21 PM »

Proven. Case closed.[/b]

Stop to do prejudices. Classic angry globularist.

- Moon affects metals have been shown by NASA, this is what NASA admitted. Do not manipulate the issue whether affect compass or not. This is childish, just childish behaviour what you have.
- It simply turns the position of the moon wherever position of the moon be. Then follows it.
- Ask it to NASA. They have admitted its existance.
So when NASA claims something you like, they don't lie. And when they claim something you don't like, they lie. Thats pretty convenient isn't it?
NASA took measurements during Apollo mission to determine current magnetism and analized samples brought back to determine past magnetism.

How did YOU determine current magnetism here from Earth?
Remember, no globularist data allowed.

You can't fix FE.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2019, 02:57:34 PM »
So when NASA claims something you like, they don't lie. And when they claim something you don't like, they lie. Thats pretty convenient isn't it?
Actually, yes it is. Because our arguments generally are the only opposite arguments of NASA. In majority of cases, only flat earthers object the claims of NASA. Since there will be not other objections remain, when Flat Earthers agree in a point with NASA, that claim turns a common point. get it?

NASA took measurements during Apollo mission to determine current magnetism and analized samples brought back to determine past magnetism.
it doesn't matter what they claim. important result. if the results are consistent with our results and there are no objections other than us, the result is correct. but I can still say that this sample was not taken from apollo. for example, we accept some of the photos taken by nasa with high-altitude aircraft. but he claims he transferred all the photos from the ISS. We reject the ISS, but we can accept photos that he took from airplanes but claimed to have taken from the ISS. Of course, by knowing it was taken from the plane.

Show me where I used the term of "MANYETISM" ?? Stop to manipulation.

Show me when I told this. If it was objective, true and repeatable why do I deny it? No reason. This is what you think about Flat earthers or what you want to define we are so; but I am sorry, we are not.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2019, 03:47:21 PM »
Actually, yes it is. Because our arguments generally are the only opposite arguments of NASA. In majority of cases, only flat earthers object the claims of NASA. Since there will be not other objections remain, when Flat Earthers agree in a point with NASA, that claim turns a common point. get it?

it doesn't matter what they claim. important result. if the results are consistent with our results and there are no objections other than us, the result is correct. but I can still say that this sample was not taken from apollo. for example, we accept some of the photos taken by nasa with high-altitude aircraft. but he claims he transferred all the photos from the ISS. We reject the ISS, but we can accept photos that he took from airplanes but claimed to have taken from the ISS. Of course, by knowing it was taken from the plane.

Show me where I used the term of "MANYETISM" ?? Stop to manipulation.

Show me when I told this. If it was objective, true and repeatable why do I deny it? No reason. This is what you think about Flat earthers or what you want to define we are so; but I am sorry, we are not.
Really, you cant scroll up to see where you talked about the lunar magnetism?
Here is a clue: reply #33

So you agree with some data taken from apollo missions but not all of it.
Magnetic readings taken by astronauts  is good but no samples were brought back correct?
How about your data?
You say your data matches Nasa data and that is why you beleive Nasa in this particular case.
How did you come about this data?
How did you measure the moon's magnetic field and its effects here on earth?
You can't fix FE.

« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2019, 02:28:31 AM »

Proven. Case closed.

The problem I have is that you're making a connection which is not justified without further evidence.

A) Does the moon have a magnetic field? Yes a very weak one (and it's a long way away)
B) Are metals (such as lead - i.e. ignoring ferromagnetic materials) affected by magnetic fields? Yes, very weakly (and incidentally so are other materials such as wood and water).
C) Does the moon interfere with the Cavendish experiment to the extent that it invalidates it?

Here's the thing, if A is true and B is true, does this imply C is true? No, this is a non-sequitur.

You could equally argue:

A) Does string conduct electricity? Yes - poorly.
B) Are 1.5V batteries a source of electricity? Yes - but not a lot.
C) Does electricity kill people? Yes
D) If I connect a 1.5V battery to some string and hold the ends, will I die?

By the same reasoning you have used, the answer to D should be yes.

You can call into question whether the Moon interferes with the Cavendish experiment, but "Proven. Case closed" is wholly unjustified.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2019, 03:16:51 AM »
Really, you cant scroll up to see where you talked about the lunar magnetism?
Here is a clue: reply #33

don't get create confusion of concept. you can't prove a word I don't use by starting from clues. the clue is another, evidence is another. You have used manyetism term that I did not used at all and your source still isn't containing it. grow up and stop to manipulation.

So you agree with some data taken from apollo missions but not all of it.

Nope. Ask me what I told if you can't get what I mean.

but I can still say that this sample was not taken from apollo.

Can you get this? Or do you want I explain it more. Stop to manipulate my words that you constantly do same thing.

Magnetic readings taken by astronauts  is good but no samples were brought back correct?

Again, stop to manipulate my words and use only what I told. Don't write fake stories about me. Look What I said:

We reject the ISS, but we can accept photos that he took from airplanes but claimed to have taken from the ISS. Of course, by knowing it was taken from the plane.

Can not you get this too?

How about your data?

Fine, and you?

You say your data matches Nasa data and that is why you beleive Nasa in this particular case.

If you will not manipulate my words again, yes. Why not? the constant lying of a source does not always mean that it is lying. occasionally they may say the truth.

How did you come about this data?

Which data?

How did you measure the moon's magnetic field and its effects here on earth?

I didn't make a measurement about it myself. I don't have a device to measure it. if you donate money to our society, they will buy this device and send it to me. this is an association, not an official research organization. this is a force that must be found in many flat earth theories. cubbing applications are also made based on this force.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2019, 07:08:24 AM »
Magnetism (not manyetism) definition: a physical phenomenon produced by the motion of electric charge, resulting in attractive and repulsive forces between objects.
Magnetic field definition: a region around a magnetic material or a moving electric charge within which the force of magnetism acts.

Now can you stop pretending this is not what we are discussing here?

You pretend the lunar magnetic field is affecting the cavendish experiment. How do you know this?
NASA is using magnetometers ON the moon  and onboard satellites to determine the moon's magnetic field.
How can you possibly agree with NASA on this?
You agree you cannot take measurements yourself so how do you determine that NASA is not lying again?

You say " if the results are consistent with our results and there are no objections other than us, the result is correct".
But you don't have any results to compare with NASA's results.
Understand this?
You can't fix FE.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2019, 12:34:14 PM »
Reply the statements depends on what stated. Do not try to create a manipulating the issue.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2019, 04:03:41 PM »

Proven. Case closed.

The problem I have is that you're making a connection which is not justified without further evidence.

A) Does the moon have a magnetic field? Yes a very weak one (and it's a long way away)
B) Are metals (such as lead - i.e. ignoring ferromagnetic materials) affected by magnetic fields? Yes, very weakly (and incidentally so are other materials such as wood and water).
C) Does the moon interfere with the Cavendish experiment to the extent that it invalidates it?

Here's the thing, if A is true and B is true, does this imply C is true? No, this is a non-sequitur.

You could equally argue:

You can call into question whether the Moon interferes with the Cavendish experiment, but "Proven. Case closed" is wholly unjustified.

Electricity doesn't kill people.  Current kills people.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2019, 05:13:28 PM »
Electric current is electricity and while it is the current that kills some minimum voltage is needed to drive that current through the body.
A few milliamps through the heart can be fatal but that usually needs over 100 mA externally.
As low a voltage as 42 volts has proved fatal but 90 to 100 volts is rarely deadly unless there is a very good connection.
For example don't stand on a metal roof and put a welding electrode holder under your arm to light a cigarette but it's one way to stop smoking.

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2019, 06:27:29 PM »
it is the voltage which means push the greater the push/voltage the greater will be its killing effect

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2019, 08:58:42 PM »
it is the voltage which means push the greater the push/voltage the greater will be its killing effect

No it's not the voltage.   Try researching Tesla Coils, Tasers, Stunguns, etc. 

Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2019, 09:45:02 PM »
No it's not the voltage.   Try researching Tesla Coils, Tasers, Stunguns, etc.
And it's not just the current that the source can supply, a 12 V car battery can supply hundreds of amps but is quite safe.
It also needs a source with a high enough voltage to cause a lethal current to flow.
And the voltage needed depends greatly on resistance of the contacts with the body.

An old piece of advice when working with lethal voltages - one hand for me and one for the job.
A supervisor of mine in a transformer factory failed observe that and . . . . . . Let's say I've been very careful since but it was too late for him.
It was in the 1950s and "Workplace Health and Safety" was far more lax then.

« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2019, 04:12:42 AM »

Proven. Case closed.

You could equally argue:

Really?

Merriam Webster definition:
electrocute: to kill or severely injure by electric shock

It never ceases to amaze me the diversionary tactics people employ in this forum.

The point I was trying to make, through a simple analogy is that wise's argument for dismissing the Cavendish experiment rests on a logical fallacy, a non-sequitur. It is no more valid for him to claim the Cavendish experiment is invalid because of the presence of the moon and the use of metals in the equipment than for me to claim a tiny battery and some string will kill you. I simply used the same flawed line of reasoning he did to come to an equally invalid conclusion.

In my opinion a reasonable person when asked "can electricity kill you?" would reply yes. Feel free to substitute "electrical current" for "electricity" in my analogy if that helps, it works just as well.

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2019, 07:17:32 AM »
Simple. It does not work. Prove somebody have done that experiment in completely a fair and scientific environment; with preventing every type of manipulation.

Rubbish - of course it works... Merely to say 'it does not work' is a totally unconvincing reposte. Please cite peer-reviewed articles to back up your claim!

Why then does Focualt's Pendulum show the rotation of the earth underneath the pendulum...

Duh!

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2019, 08:29:15 AM »

Rubbish - of course it works... Merely to say 'it does not work' is a totally unconvincing reposte. Please cite peer-reviewed articles to back up your claim!

Why then does Focualt's Pendulum show the rotation of the earth underneath the pendulum...

Duh!

Your baselesly calling it as rubbish does not magically make it rubbish, but makes your talkings so. Focualt's Pendulum does not showing the rotation of the world under the pendulum by itself. Its moving accordingly a predicted rotation of the world by a mechanism follow it. Your telling "duh!" does not magically make your argument stronger.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2019, 09:17:20 AM »

[/quote]

Your baselesly calling it as rubbish does not magically make it rubbish, but makes your talkings so. Focualt's Pendulum does not showing the rotation of the world under the pendulum by itself. Its moving accordingly a predicted rotation of the world by a mechanism follow it. Your telling "duh!" does not magically make your argument stronger.
[/quote]

Your arguements would have more weight if you could write in coherent, correctly structured English (well - not really!) ...
Please explain why Focualt's pendulum does not illustrate the rotation of the earth...