Internet from satellite

• 127 Replies

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
Re: Internet from satellite
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2019, 04:05:35 PM »
Internet ping times prove that the furthest cities are Johannesburg, Istanbul and Santiago according to Sydney Australia. Istanbul is further more than Johannesburg according to google maps. But its ping time is less than Johannesburg. If there was satellites so ping time of Johannesburg had to less than Istanbul. Since they use cable for internet, Johannesburg is further because cables are going closer to ground, and it makes the path longer.

This is a proof internet isn't from satellites but cable.

That is totally irrelevant! The topic is " Internet from satellite" and NOT internet over cables.

Everybody knows that most internet service is over undersea optical fibre cables and Satellite Internet is only used in remote regions, including at sea, where cable connects are not feasible.

JackBlack

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2019, 04:38:07 PM »
Internet ping times prove
that you still don't understand how the internet works and are just trying for another distraction rather than dealing with the topic which shows Earth is round.
Ping times are based upon the routes that are available, not how far away they are.

It is like road distance vs as the bird flies.
It doesn't matter if something is only a few hundred m away, depending on the roads available it might take quite some time to get there.

Now how about you discuss satellite internet?
How does it work on a FE?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2019, 10:56:52 PM »
There is no satellite internet and everything is cable. rabinoz shows it:

Oper wasn't talking about south but if it would the issue then we can deal with all king of anger of globularism.

Do you want to place these times on a flat map, and on a globe map; and see which one more accuracy?
Internet ping times are meaningless as measures of distance between cities! They depend entirely on where the undersea cable run and how busy those routes are:

Submarine Cable Map of the world

There are no direct cables between Australia and either South America or South Africa!

You see, he has admitted internet works with cable system, but not with so called satellites.

Thank you rabinoz for your support to the flat earth society. We know, you have all kind of data but don't share it because of your being an angry globularist. Otherwise you can reply all the questions about FET in miliseconds, faster than internet ping times.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2019, 11:09:37 PM »
He showed a map of undersea cables which is the backbone for the majority of the internet.
That doesn't show that there is no satellite internet.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2019, 11:25:01 PM »
He showed a map of undersea cables which is the backbone for the majority of the internet.
It clearly shows that internet works under ground. So you are denying the rabinoz. Is rabinoz a liar in your opinion? Why does he need to say us lie?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #95 on: July 14, 2019, 12:19:43 AM »
It clearly shows that internet works under ground. So you are denying the rabinoz. Is rabinoz a liar in your opinion? Why does he need to say us lie?
Satellite access is for those not near a fixed line connection.  People use it!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #96 on: July 14, 2019, 12:41:40 AM »
You see, he has admitted internet works with cable system, but not with so called satellites.
I did not admit that "internet works with cable system, but not with so called satellites" so please stop your dishonest attempts at deception!

The internet that almost everybody uses "works with cable system".
BUT, the internet services used in remote regions of Australia, other countries and over the oceans does use satellites.
When are you going to learn thst very simple difference? Are you even capable of understanding such a simple concept?

Quote from: wise
Thank you rabinoz for your support to the flat earth society. We know, you have all kind of data but don't share it because of your being an angry globularist. Otherwise you can reply all the questions about FET in miliseconds, faster than internet ping times.
I have no support for the silly dishonest deceptive claims that you make all the the time.

Get it through you thick skull that "the internet services used in remote regions of Australia, other countries and over the oceans does use satellites. "!

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2019, 12:56:05 AM »
Of course "internet works under ground" if the signal is carried on an underground:
  • fibre optic cable, as it is for my Internet at home,
  • coaxial cable, as it is for people with cable Internet or
  • twisted-pair phone cable, as it is for people still using ADSL internet.
Honestly, wise, someone as ignorant as you seem to be should not engage in debates like this because you obviously know nothing about it!

You really should heed the advice, possibly from Mark Twain, "It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt."

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2019, 12:56:31 AM »

Oper wasn't talking about south but if it would the issue then we can deal with all king of anger of globularism.

Do you want to place these times on a flat map, and on a globe map; and see which one more accuracy?
Internet ping times are meaningless as measures of distance between cities! They depend entirely on where the undersea cable run and how busy those routes are:

There are no direct cables between Australia and either South America or South Africa!

No, that's like showing a map of all the cargo ships currently en route around the worlds oceans and then saying, "See, nothing ever ships by air..."

JackBlack

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2019, 02:13:02 AM »
No it doesn't.
It shows that some internet uses undersea cable.
Just like if you ride a bike doesn't mean you can't walk or drive a car, having some internet come via cabling doesn't mean all has to.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2019, 01:14:48 PM »

No, that's like showing a map of all the cargo ships currently en route around the worlds oceans and then saying, "See, nothing ever ships by air..."

So, rabinoz is saying lie, right? No mister, I trust the map of rabinoz because he knows more than everybody about this issue. We have many time discussed such issues and all we know that this is a cable map, as how rabinoz claimed.

I guess rabinoz also has something to say about it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2019, 02:56:45 PM »
So, rabinoz is saying lie, right? No mister, I trust the map of rabinoz because he knows more than everybody about this issue. We have many time discussed such issues and all we know that this is a cable map, as how rabinoz claimed.
No, he isn't lying, you are just completely misrepresenting what he says.

The majority of the internet uses cables all the way to a building. The main connections between continents are via undersea cables.
The exception to this is Antarctica as the glaciers cause a problem for the cables.

This means that the ping times you provided are likely using these cables (especially as the ping time for satellites would be ~500 ms, even directly at the equator).

This doesn't mean that all internet go via these cables.
In addition to these cables some goes via satellite.

Just like how a lot of cargo goes via ships. But some still goes via aircraft.
Just like how some internet goes around buildings and houses as a wired LAN, while some goes via wifi.

The fact that some internet goes via cables does not refute the existence of satellite internet.
Rab did not "admit" that the internet doesn't work with satellites.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2019, 03:23:53 PM »

Both can not be true:

Tell me which one says lie:

a) stash
b) rabinoz

there isn't an option c. If you see a mistake somewhere and you don't tell the truth, honesty cannot be mentioned there. I think you should be more consistent. otherwise those who come here will continue to believe in the flat earth to a greater extent. Stoping it in your hands. this can only be done by being right and honest.

rabinoz has wrote the submarine cable system about internet proves the underground cable internet system. If all the internet are under the ground so why need to satellites? map of rabinoz is already containing everywhere.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2019, 06:34:24 PM »
rabinoz has wrote the submarine cable system about internet proves the underground cable internet system. If all the internet are under the ground so why need to satellites? map of rabinoz is already containing everywhere.
All internet is not underground! Some internet is delivered by each of:
  • Underground optical fibre cable,

• Underground coaxial electrical cable,

• Underground telephone twisted pair cable,

• Overhead optical fibre cable,

• Overhead coaxial electrical cable,

• Overhead telephone wires,

• Wireless Internet services and

• Satellite internet services.
And almost all internet services between continents are by submarine optical fibre.
Long microwave links are occasionally used such an across the Red Sea and to some Mediterranean islands.

So  all the internet services are not under the ground.

Satellites internet services are often used when for there are no internet services available by one of the other means.
Some locations less than 100 km from here are using satellite services now because it is less expensive that installing cables.

And satellites are the only option when hundreds of kilometres from land-based services.
These places include remote regions of Australia and other continents, for ships at sea and in aircraft in flight.

Wise, you must learn to face reality some day and stop simply fabricating stories to suit your ideas about "how things work".

Macarios

« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2019, 08:31:27 PM »

Both can not be true:

a) stash
b) rabinoz

there isn't an option c. If you see a mistake somewhere and you don't tell the truth, honesty cannot be mentioned there. I think you should be more consistent. otherwise those who come here will continue to believe in the flat earth to a greater extent. Stoping it in your hands. this can only be done by being right and honest.

No need to call people "liars" whenever you don't like the truth.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2019, 03:20:40 AM »
Internet ping times prove that the furthest cities are Johannesburg, Istanbul and Santiago according to Sydney Australia. Istanbul is further more than Johannesburg according to google maps. But its ping time is less than Johannesburg. If there was satellites so ping time of Johannesburg had to less than Istanbul. Since they use cable for internet, Johannesburg is further because cables are going closer to ground, and it makes the path longer.

This is a proof internet isn't from satellites but cable.

Er, Wise, when you did your ping tests to prove the internet doesn't go via satellite, you were using a broadband service which claims to be a satellite service weren't you?

You weren't just doing pings from your pc over your normal broadband (ADSL?) service?

Pretty much all internet backbone traffic goes via cable, that's normal. You only use satellites for remote areas or for satellite broadband, but your have to actually buy satellite broadband for it to be routed that way.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2019, 04:34:36 AM »

a) stash
b) rabinoz

I did not ever say "internet works with cable system, but not with so called satellites" and I never said that "all the internet are under the ground".
And stash never said anything that contradicted that.

So there is "an option c" and both stash and I were "being right and honest" so you were mistaken!

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2019, 07:46:44 AM »
I wonder where these are pointing?

Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2019, 03:54:57 AM »

a) stash
b) rabinoz

I did not ever say "internet works with cable system, but not with so called satellites" and I never said that "all the internet are under the ground".

So there is "an option c" and both stash and I were "being right and honest" so you were mistaken!

So what is the meaning of your cable map?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2019, 04:47:50 AM »
To show that the ping times you quoted do nothing to demonstrate Earth is flat.

The ping times you have provided is for a specific set of servers which almost certainly connect via these cables.
These cables do not directly connect Australia to South America or Africa.
As such it isn't surprising that the ping times for these locations from Sydney isn't low.
So your ping times do not prove Earth is flat or that these cities are located much further apart.

But all of that has no bearing on the reality of satellite internet.
All the evidence indicates that these satellite dishes are pointing at satellites above the equator.
This makes perfect sense on a RE, but not on a FE.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2019, 04:48:59 AM »

a) stash
b) rabinoz

The cable map means exactly what it says underneath it! Here read it again:

It is the map of Submarine optical fibre Cables connecting the continents and most internet traffic between the continents use those cables.

But some internet traffic is carried by satellites to regions that have no access to the cable or a fast phone service.
The places using satellite internet services include:
  • some places only 100 km or so from here and also outback Australia,
  • remote parts of other countries,
  • ships at sea and some aircraft in flight.

« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2019, 10:24:19 AM »

a) stash
b) rabinoz

Either you are incapable of understanding a simple plan or you are just playing games with people here, which is it?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2019, 03:58:48 PM »

It seems very simple to me.
There is both cable and there is satellite.
Why is it so hard for you to understand this ?
I am an outsider on this subject, but I fail to see what wise's problem is.😕

« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 04:07:47 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2019, 04:14:07 PM »

Just curious.
Where is the city where the photo  that was taken of those upward pointing antennas ?

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2019, 04:18:57 PM »

a) stash
b) rabinoz

Just that.
A cable map showing cables.
It has nothing to do with satellites.
Surely you understand that ? ...Or are you really just playing games ?.......For some unknown reason ?

Chorus:

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2019, 04:19:20 PM »

Just curious.
Where is the city where the photo  that was taken of those upward pointing antennas ?

If I had to wager a guess, I would say somewhere on Sumatra in Indonesia.
Nullius in Verba

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2019, 04:50:03 PM »
Just curious.

If I had to wager a guess, I would say somewhere on Sumatra in Indonesia.
Spot on! Let your fingers do the walking and use "Search Google for this image" and find  Prapat, Lake Toba, Sumatra

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2019, 05:29:52 PM »
Spot on! Let your fingers do the walking and use "Search Google for this image" and find  Prapat, Lake Toba, Sumatra

Yep, Lake Toba area. I didn't want to be that specific, but those roofs on the right hand side of the picture are distinctive. Batak architecture. If we saw them from the side, I guarantee they would have a distinctive arc to the roof.
Nullius in Verba

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2019, 06:12:12 PM »

Also like showing an AMTRAK rail passenger service map and claiming American Airlines passenger service does not exist.
A highway map might show rail lines and highways but would not show airlines.

Most maps are highly specialized to just show specific information.
In this case the map is just a map showing cable lines and nothing else.

To Wise :
I can't believe you would have maps on your ignore list ?

It is just a simple fact that internet works with cable OR satellite.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:32:17 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

mightyfletch

• 14yr Meteorologist...because the Earth is round.
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2019, 11:59:04 AM »
In many aeroplane there is WIFI available for passenger wheret it is get internet directly from satellite. But why it is not available for us. Why using BTS tower that needs to dig up the ground for fiber optics connection to work.

Because so called satellites are actually land based  transmission station. The reason for the internet working on plane is still the ground station. The internet does not work on the ocean even if you are on the plane. therefore, planes prefer to stay in close contact with the ground station by entering close to land. otherwise they may disappear from the radar and fall. history is full of bitter experiences of this choice.

I have used a satellite phone at 30,000ft  altitude over the open ocean for extended periods of time, connecting to the iridium satellites to call home.  Can't do that with ground stations.
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!