Internet from satellite

• 127 Replies
?

robintex

• Ranters
Re: Internet from satellite
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2019, 12:28:20 PM »
In many aeroplane there is WIFI available for passenger wheret it is get internet directly from satellite. But why it is not available for us. Why using BTS tower that needs to dig up the ground for fiber optics connection to work.

Because so called satellites are actually land based  transmission station. The reason for the internet working on plane is still the ground station. The internet does not work on the ocean even if you are on the plane. therefore, planes prefer to stay in close contact with the ground station by entering close to land. otherwise they may disappear from the radar and fall. history is full of bitter experiences of this choice.

I have used a satellite phone at 30,000ft  altitude over the open ocean for extended periods of time, connecting to the iridium satellites to call home.  Can't do that with ground stations.

One FE source is that there are stations in the middle of the ocean attached to anchored buoys ?
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

mightyfletch

• 14yr Meteorologist...because the Earth is round.
« Reply #121 on: July 20, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »
In many aeroplane there is WIFI available for passenger wheret it is get internet directly from satellite. But why it is not available for us. Why using BTS tower that needs to dig up the ground for fiber optics connection to work.

You can get Hughesnet satellite internet for your home, where your dish is pointed at the geostationary satellite.
Look up in the sky, it's a bird, no, it's a plane, no, it's the International Space Station!

« Reply #122 on: July 23, 2019, 06:17:23 AM »
Still waiting for wise to show me pictures of ground stations...

PS: Pls don`t ban me again, this is really unfair, there are "people" here who can attack others without any punishment and I state something and get banned for 3 days. Very nice.

Do I have to say I am a flat earthers to be save?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Most Forum Legend
« Reply #123 on: July 23, 2019, 06:21:57 AM »

PS: Pls don`t ban me again, this is really unfair, there are "people" here who can attack others without any punishment and I state something and get banned for 3 days. Very nice.

Now run away off here.

For moere:

https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=79062.0

Where there is insolence, there is no room for wisdom.

« Reply #124 on: July 23, 2019, 07:09:52 AM »

Now run away off here.

For moere:

aahhh, a picture of radio/tv stations (did YOU took this photograph?) and a link to more proof for satellites (or rather no proof that they don`t exist). Well, whatever.

EvolvedMantisShrimp

• Physical Comedian
« Reply #125 on: July 23, 2019, 07:44:31 AM »

Now run away off here.

For moere:

Camlica Hill is a bit out in the open for super-secret pseudo-satellite Internet portals, don't you think?
Nullius in Verba

« Reply #126 on: July 23, 2019, 02:17:48 PM »

These are far too low to be picked up by satellite dishes any significant distance from them.

If these were the ground stations they would be scattered all over the place.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #127 on: July 23, 2019, 04:19:11 PM »

Those antennas do not provide "Internet from satellite".
I have used "Internet from satellite" in the open ocean far from land and there were no antennas like that floating in the ocean!
I have used "Telephone from satellite" in remote regions of Australia and there were no antennas like that anywhere within a thousand kilometres!

So stop posting silly rubbish like that.