Definitive proof that the earth is NOT flat!

• 9 Replies

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
Definitive proof that the earth is NOT flat!
« on: June 17, 2019, 05:51:05 AM »
Note about point 1-3: Every single one does suffice as a 100% flat earth disprove.

1. Startrails
From the north pole, looking straight up, it looks like this

And at the equator like this

On a flat earth, the north star would be visible all the time. Or to go be bit deeper: In theroy, in infinte distance the north star would actually appear to be at ground level. But since earth is not infinite, this cannot be true. Additionally, on the southern hemisphere you can not see the north star at all – impossible, even on a infinite flat earth.

You do not have to rely on those pictures. Travel to those places and capture those images yourselfes.

2. Sunrise and  sunset

Notice: The clouds get illuminated from BELOW. On a flat earth, if the sun would just disappear in infinte distance, clouds could be illuminated from straight ahead but never from below.
It is also a nice picture of a upward-cast shadow .
This would require a sun below the height of the clouds. Same for this video:

Also, if you watch a sunset, you clearly see how the sun sets behind the horizon instead of actually getting smaller and smaller. If the sun was getting smaller and smaller, with a telescope you could bring it back into view - which you cannot.

You do not have to rely on those pictures - go out and check it yourself.

3. Vanishing behind the horizon
Ships and buildings vanish behind the horizon. Look, for example, at this video:
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

You do not have to rely on thoes videos. Go out and check it yourself, a telescope helps.
4. GPS
The signal comes from the sky. With "ground-transmitter" / pseudosatellites I could not go onto a 2000m+ high mountain and shield everything but the sky, and still have a GPS reception.
Do not belive me, go out and check it yourself.

This does not directly disprove the flat earth, but as far as I know flat earthers deny the existance of satellites.

5. Size of the sun
On a flat earth with an approaching sun, its size would diffrentiate during the day.

Go out and check it yourself with a camera and suitable filters so it would not overexpose the sun.

6. Gravity
Flat earth argument is, that the world is acclereation with 9.81m/s^2.  But not all over the world the gravity is equally strong. In case of an acclerating plate, this would be impossible.

Go grab a scale and measure the same object at the equator and the northpole! Or at least at somewhere near the equator and near the north pole.

7. Jetstream
I do not see a reason for the corioliseffect on flat earth.

8. Ridiculous overall-model

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 05:54:35 AM by Definitely Not Swedish »
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Definitive proof that the earth is NOT flat!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 05:54:28 AM »
All of them are baseless but the most nonsense one is: "coriolis effect". It means you don't follow the recent discussings. Nobody discusses this anymore because everyone knows it's a nonsense. water, which direction you want it to turns in that direction, it has nothing to do with the location. I don't interest with other BS. All of them are more nonsense than each others.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

JackBlack

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 02:08:18 PM »
Nobody discusses this anymore because everyone knows it's a nonsense
No, everyone knows that on the scale of a sink it is so insignificant that the direction you pour and the shape of the sink will have a much larger effect.
Sane people still accept that it explains things like large scale weather systems.
However if you really want to, you can see it on the small length scale by looking over large time scales. This is by using a Foucault pendulum.
With this the small perturbations add up so you can eventually see a change.

To the OP, another killer with startrails is of the south pole as well, with it always being 180 degrees away from the north pole.
For a FE where you can circle at least one pole, that is impossible as it requires 2 straight lines to intersect after some finite distance.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 03:18:41 PM »
All of them are baseless but the most nonsense one is: "coriolis effect". It means you don't follow the recent discussings. Nobody discusses this anymore because everyone knows it's a nonsense. water, which direction you want it to turns in that direction, it has nothing to do with the location. I don't interest with other BS. All of them are more nonsense than each others.
You claimed that "All of them are baseless" but give no reasons at all.
The reason your posts get "attacked" so much is that YOU simply make "baseless" claims like this but do not give reasons or evidence.

So please give you reasons for claiming that "All of them are baseless" otherwise we must assume that you do not know.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 01:58:06 AM »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 02:04:18 AM »

Wise, why is your response coming in as an image and not text? It's annoying and weird.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 02:17:45 AM »

Wise, why is your response coming in as an image and not text? It's annoying and weird.

It is antibot prevents bots. Because bot can not read from images well. And it works, yeah it has worked here and I'll continue to do this, till they (or whoever use it) give up to use it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 03:49:59 AM »

What total nonsense!
You claimed that you disproved the Coriolis effect while playing with your little rubber ducky in the bathtub!
The Coriolis effect is only significant with very large air and water masses.
Now please explain why hurricanes, cyclones and typhoons always rotate counterclockwise in the Northern Hemisphere
Please give a flat earth explanation for the four distinct situations observed for High and Low Pressure Weather systems,
These include the intense lows, Hurricanes, Typhoons and Cyclones, in the Northern and Southern Hemispheres.

Northern Hemisphere

Southern Hemisphere
Highs

Clockwise

Anti-clockwise
Lows

Anti-clockwise

Clockwise

Fancy a little man like you thinking that your are smarter than Gaspard-Gustave de Coriolis ;D!
Gaspard-Gustave de Coriolis
Gaspard-Gustave de Coriolis was a French mathematician, mechanical engineer and scientist. He is best known for his work on the supplementary forces that are detected in a rotating frame of reference, leading to the Coriolis effect.
Died: 19 September 1843, Paris, France
Known for: Coriolis force

Quote from: wise

Would you care to prove that the Foucault pendulum is really a hoax? You just spout empty words but can never post any real evidence.

Now the topic is, "Definitive proof that the earth is NOT flat!".
If your bothered to read the OP you might realise the Foucault pendulum was never mentioned and even the only in:
7. Jetstream
I do not see a reason for the corioliseffect on flat earth.
Read it again! Definitive proof that the earth is NOT flat! « on: June 17, 2019, 10:51:05 PM ».

JackBlack

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 04:33:52 AM »
Nobody discusses this anymore because everyone knows it's a nonsense
No, everyone knows that on the scale of a sink it is so insignificant that the direction you pour and the shape of the sink will have a much larger effect.
Sane people still accept that it explains things like large scale weather systems.
However if you really want to, you can see it on the small length scale by looking over large time scales. This is by using a Foucault pendulum.
With this the small perturbations add up so you can eventually see a change.

To the OP, another killer with startrails is of the south pole as well, with it always being 180 degrees away from the north pole. For a FE where you can circle at least one pole, that is impossible as it requires 2 straight lines to intersect after some finite distance.
Nope. It never happens. I've made many experiments in my bathtub to verify coriolus affect then found its independent from me staying Northern hemicake. Whenever I poured the water from clockwise direction it turns clockwise. When I poured the water from opposite of clockwise it turns opposite of clockwise. Everybody can repeat this simple experiment and debunk the so called coriolis affest. It has been debunked.

Youre repating same debunked so argument does not make it stronger, just makes you ridiculus.

Foucault pendulum is a demonstration, not a scientific experiment. We can debunk their claims of being scientific experiments whenever I needed to be. Because it is fake. If it was trus so it would prove nothing related the globe earth, because globe earth is a hoax. We have to see the claims in experiments.

Your so called its proving the things imaginated in your dreams does not make them magically as like in your dreams.
Last time I checked, a bathtub is a quite small system prone to many disturbances.
As such, it doesn't address what I said at all.
How about you actually focus on what I said?
How about you try finding a large scale weather system that violates the Coriolis effect?
How about you find a Foucault pendulum that violates the Coriolis effect?

You carrying out pathetic experiments which are no where near accurate enough to show the Coriolis effect is not grounds to dismiss it.
Showing other factors can have an effect doesn't mean the Coriolis effect isn't real.
Intentionally adding in other factors to obscure the result is the exact opposite of a scientific test as you have no adequate controls.
Trying to eliminate any external factors so the only variable is what you are testing is needed for a scientific test, at least if you are hoping to disprove something; otherwise all you are showing is that these external factors beat the effect you were trying to disprove, not that this effect doesn't exist.

If you want to show the Coriolis effect isn't real, you don't pour the water to influence it.
Instead you need to pour in the water and then wait a very long time for the surface of the water to become "still".
You also want to use a very large, circular container, with a very smooth surface and a drain dead-centre.
Then you need to open the drain without the disturbing the water (so further down the pipe).
You also want this shielded from the wind.

So yes, everyone can repeat a very simple experiment to determine if the Coriolis effect is real.
But most don't want to bother with the time, effort and resources required to do so.
If you would like to carry it out, go find a nice large circular pool/drum. Preferably 10s of m in diameter.
Find a place inside to put this.
Then have a drain right in the middle, which then goes out (below the pool) to somewhere off to the side with a valve to open/close the drain.
Then with the drain closed fill up the pool.
Then wait several days.
Now confirm the surface of the water is still.
A simple way is putting a few leaves on the surface or a few drops of food colouring along a line. Note, this line is important later. It allows you to see how it is changing.
Then open the valve along the drain pipe.
Now watch what happens as it drains.
See if the line remains, or if it starts turning into a spiral due to the Coriolis effect.
Remember, this effect will be small, so it will take quite a while. The closer to the pole the more significant the effect will be.

Or like I said, rather than bothering with this ridiculous setup of draining water, use a Foucault's pendulum.
And no, you dismissing it as fake to dismiss it as fake doesn't mean it is fake.
Nor does you dismissing it as fake, because it shows you are wrong and you dismissing you being wrong as fake, make it fake.
If you wish to have a rational person think of it as fake you will need to provide a justification for why it is fake.

You are yet to provide a single problem with it. Instead you just complain that it shows you are wrong.
Do you know what that means? It means you are wrong.
If your model doesn't match the evidence, the evidence isn't fake, your model is wrong.

P.S. computer programs are very good at optical character recognition. Especially when it is in a very common font.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 04:36:15 AM by JackBlack »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »
wise, stop posting with images too small to read. Everyone else, stop spamming.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.