How does the conspiracy work?

• 40 Replies
?

alex314

• Truth, knowledge and science.
How does the conspiracy work?
« on: June 13, 2019, 04:45:28 AM »
If the earth is flat, then the conspiracy of politicians, scientists, astronomers, astronauts, space agencies, engineers, computer scientists, geoscientists, etc etc must be really really large.

But how do people get in this 'conspiracy'? How do people become 'part' of it? Will men in black show up and force you into it? And if there is a scientist interested in the truth, trying to do serious research - is he being told (when reaching a senior position) that all is a lie and now he/she must continue to lie? To create fake images, fake data?

How does this work?

Re: How does the conspiracy work?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 05:30:53 AM »
It would have to be so huge that even I would be part of it. And I know nothing about it, how does that work?! :D
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

?

alex314

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 05:46:34 AM »
To be honest: I also would be part of it.

But lets see for a """real""" answer.  ;D

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 10:09:55 AM »
If the earth is flat, then the conspiracy of politicians, scientists, astronomers, astronauts, space agencies, engineers, computer scientists, geoscientists, etc etc must be really really large.

But how do people get in this 'conspiracy'? How do people become 'part' of it? Will men in black show up and force you into it? And if there is a scientist interested in the truth, trying to do serious research - is he being told (when reaching a senior position) that all is a lie and now he/she must continue to lie? To create fake images, fake data?

How does this work?

If you have to ask, I can’t tell you.

#IlluminatiForever

;)

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »

How does this work?

I can't see any way to actually keep that many people in line and quiet. In my own experience at least, people love to let secrets slip. Sometimes just for the fun of seeing the shit hit the fan..

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 04:14:12 PM »

How does this work?
There isn't any great world-wide conspiracy to hide the true shape of the earth.
This idea of a conspiracy is a fiction promoted by Flat Earthers to cover up their inability "explain away" the massive amount of evidence available that indicates that the earth really IS a Globe.

?

alex314

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 10:22:51 PM »
So there is no ""explanation""?

Or there are no flat earthers in reality?

What is the point of this forum if there are no flat earthers?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 01:10:18 AM »

How does this work?

Program. The earth is a simulation even according to the most famous spacer Mark Zuckerberg. This is a simulation and most of people you have penguined are working for benefits of program. Program wants we think the earth's being round. ıt seems better than and prevent us discover the outer worlds. We are constantly looking to the top but the answers are in the south.
I have answer good or bad for all questions.Just first look at the question, is it a real question; then I look at the questioner, is it a real human.

Now you do have :)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 01:11:26 AM »

We are here but dealing many angry globularists mainly rabinoz, jackblack and others. They are like robots are constantly targeting us and we have no time to look other issues. I have yet saw and replied. Look at debate subforum to see whats going on between angry globularists and flat earther. And unfortunately our forum management is supporting these angry globularitst, because they are actually themselves.
I have answer good or bad for all questions.Just first look at the question, is it a real question; then I look at the questioner, is it a real human.

Now you do have :)

?

alex314

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 01:21:01 AM »

How does this work?

Program. The earth is a simulation even according to the most famous spacer Mark Zuckerberg. This is a simulation and most of people you have penguined are working for benefits of program. Program wants we think the earth's being round. ıt seems better than and prevent us discover the outer worlds. We are constantly looking to the top but the answers are in the south.

What do you mean? I do not understand. What do you mean by 'program'?

I also asked about how the conspiracy works, how people get involved in the conspiracy. Are there job openings? Are they forced into the conspiracy? How does the conspiracy 'keep on going'?

That was my question.

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 01:25:56 AM »

When the irrational nonsense of current British politics gets too much for me, I come here where I can have a more logical debate.

I am not joking.

At first like you I was curious and had questions for Flat Earthers.  Don't get your hopes up of finding answers though.

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 02:37:28 AM »
The earth is a simulation even according to the most famous spacer Mark Zuckerberg.

Mark Zuckerberg is a famous "spacer"? What's that then? Why do you trust Zuckerberg? I don't. What's the evidence for earth being a simulation to fake a round earth?

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2019, 02:47:57 AM »

In my opinion there is no rational explanation of this "conspiracy to hide the true shape of the earth" that must go back up to a couple of millenia.

Here's a link to an earlier post I made on "the Conspiracy" Flat Earth Debate / Re: Globe Proof #2 « Message by rabinoz on May 29, 2019, 10:19:55 AM ».

But you've got Wise's slant on thus,  so I'll leave it up to you.

PS I'm not angry, just highly amused and somewhat frustrated by the dearth of any supportable Flat-Earth answers to many questions.

?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »
The conspiracy works because the pied pipers pipe and the most of the rest simply follow, usually aimlessly or willingly and/or unconditionally.
Then you have a small percentage that simply believe the storyline because it's been made to fit into their mindset and believe they have physical evidence to back up their stance as to why they follow that pied piper.

Then you have those that read the story and question it....and for that we are now, conspiracy theorists, nuts, idiots and every other name that can be mustered to ensure most shy away from arguing their stance and sit on the fence, kind of thing.

Very few have to be in on anything in terms of playing along with something shady, etc.
A simple example: I was a young boy in school when I was told about the sun supposedly being 93 million miles away and it apparently taking 8 minutes for that light to reach the spinning ball that we were apparently on.

I used to ponder it all for years and years and actually gain the mindset of how I was told it all worked. It was almost a Eureka time for me just understanding why and how it worked. It didn't matter at the time whether what I was told was nonsense, I simply ran it through my head with this spinning globe and the big sun and us wobbling around it, kind of thing...and all the rest.

I was an adult and accepted all that tosh, plus all the rest of it. The rockets, the lot. The whole shebang.

If this forum had been around in those days I'd have been arguing for the spinning globe and space, plus rockets, etc, etc, etc.
Why?
Because I bought into the story, because I was gullible and accepting of official lines as being truthful.

Bearing all that in mind and the fact that I do not believe in a spinning globe or globe in any form, anymore, or space as we are told or space rockets, etc, etc, etc, doesn't mean I have anything against those who believe it all or in most part.

Even theoretical scientists are welcome to their ideals and thoughts and are also welcome to tell me I'm wrong, just as I will, them.
A certificate for theoretical/hypothetical/philosophical thought means nothing to me in terms of passed off as a truth by mass opinion or by intimidation.

When I get physical proof I will happily change my mind. As it stands (seriously) I have had no physical proof of anything relating to a global spinning Earth and all it's added paraphernalia.

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2019, 10:08:42 AM »
Sceptimatic,

Should people not believe what they are told? Should everyone repeat the discovery of atoms and cells and optics and F=MA etc, every one of us not just Newton but Brahe and Einstein and all the rest? Repeat all their work? Seems practically impossible, if we are limited to what we can individually derive from scratch, each of us won't know much.

Is the fact that globe distance measurements match airline travel times and distances and odometers and gps, while no flat map has accurate distances everywhere, my friend worked on the Canadian air traffic control software and used spherical geometry to calculate routes, not proof?

North star/latitude/sextant
star trails
eclipse explanation
ham radio satellites launched on SpaceX
etc etc etc

The only way to explain this for FE is multi-generational multi-national conspiracy including scientists, teachers, govts of even enemy nations, and all the people necessary to carry out these plots (the people who tell the astronauts it's a hoax and take them to the landing site, for instance, or the giant teams of cgi artists creating the fake space pics).

The conspiracy has no proof and is readily expandable to cover any inconvenient fact. It also requires that everyone except FEs and the conspirators be stupid. You, sir, are calling all REs stupid sheep at the same time you are crying victim that they are calling you names, including conspiracy theorist. You are bemoaning being called a conspiracy theorist in a post that starts with "The consppiracy works because ..."

Do you have proof of FE, or do you have no idea what the shape of the earth is? If you have no idea, how do you know it is not round? If you do know the true shape of the earth, please share your reasons for believing that. Re has a long long list of reasons, FE has only "It's not round!!!!" Even if you insist they are only competing theories and no one can ever know, RE has a robust, explanatory theory. What does FE have?

Is it possible for something to be both true and unproven?

Are things that are true and proven any different from things that are true but not proven?

Danang

• Phew FE Map is under construction. #Disclaimer
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2019, 01:19:51 PM »
Things that have been told in schools cannot be verified by the students. They only think that the lessons "make sense" and then they assume those lesson as the right things to believe.

It's like news. The happenings cannot be verified but the readers have no choice but to believe the news.

Flatearthers care of evidences, not just accepting heresays as done by almost all people on earth, including so called 'academia'.

The world have been working under heresay way.

Solution: Be researchers, not memorizers of books.
TRY: Phew = 3.17157 and (Curved Grided) South Pole Centered FE AKA Phew FE ~

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2019, 02:21:23 PM »
The conspiracy works because the pied pipers pipe and the most of the rest simply follow, usually aimlessly or willingly and/or unconditionally.
Then you have a small percentage that simply believe the storyline because it's been made to fit into their mindset and believe they have physical evidence to back up their stance as to why they follow that pied piper.

Then you have those that read the story and question it....and for that we are now, conspiracy theorists, nuts, idiots and every other name that can be mustered to ensure most shy away from arguing their stance and sit on the fence, kind of thing.

Very few have to be in on anything in terms of playing along with something shady, etc.
A simple example: I was a young boy in school when I was told about the sun supposedly being 93 million miles away and it apparently taking 8 minutes for that light to reach the spinning ball that we were apparently on.

I used to ponder it all for years and years and actually gain the mindset of how I was told it all worked. It was almost a Eureka time for me just understanding why and how it worked. It didn't matter at the time whether what I was told was nonsense, I simply ran it through my head with this spinning globe and the big sun and us wobbling around it, kind of thing...and all the rest.

I was an adult and accepted all that tosh, plus all the rest of it. The rockets, the lot. The whole shebang.

If this forum had been around in those days I'd have been arguing for the spinning globe and space, plus rockets, etc, etc, etc.
Why?
Because I bought into the story, because I was gullible and accepting of official lines as being truthful.

Bearing all that in mind and the fact that I do not believe in a spinning globe or globe in any form, anymore, or space as we are told or space rockets, etc, etc, etc, doesn't mean I have anything against those who believe it all or in most part.

Even theoretical scientists are welcome to their ideals and thoughts and are also welcome to tell me I'm wrong, just as I will, them.
A certificate for theoretical/hypothetical/philosophical thought means nothing to me in terms of passed off as a truth by mass opinion or by intimidation.

When I get physical proof I will happily change my mind. As it stands (seriously) I have had no physical proof of anything relating to a global spinning Earth and all it's added paraphernalia.
Surely you believe that the distances between places are correct and together they give us the shape of the earth?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 03:15:24 PM »
Things that have been told in schools cannot be verified by the students. They only think that the lessons "make sense" and then they assume those lesson as the right things to believe.
I'm afraid that you are correct there. Students should be taught to test what they are told to verify that it does fit the evidence.

Quote from: Danang
It's like news. The happenings cannot be verified but the readers have no choice but to believe the news.
The public should show a good deal of scepticism about what they view and read but they need to be well educated and aware of world afairs to do this properly.

Flatearthers care of evidences, not just accepting heresays as done by almost all people on earth, including so called 'academia'.
I have to disagree there!
About the only real evidence that the earth might be flat is that the horizon looks very flat but that is exactly as expected on a Globe the size of the earth.

Most of the other claimed evidence of the earth being flat can be dismissed as being a poor understanding of the Globe or even of astronomy.

The world have been working under heresay way.

Solution: Be researchers, not memorizers of books.
Sure be a researcher but realise that the earth is far too large for any individual to gather enough evidence to prove the case one way or the other. Hence what you must do is rely on the work of others for the details but filter this through your own observations.
In other words, if something does not seem to fit with what you observe look very carefully in why it does not fit
Remember, however, that your own interpretations might be flawed as many in the past have been.

Also, remember that the Globe was accepted because it was the only shape that fitted all the observations and measurements not just the little bit one person could see.

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 05:18:17 PM »
The OP asks a very cogent question: How does the conspiracy work? Way back when I first joined the forum and my views were not yet entirely formed on the subject, I asked what is the motive for the conspiracy? There were no satisfactory answers. A conspiracy of such a size and scope would be vastly expensive to maintain, and basic economics tells us that people do not spend money unless they hope or expect to get something for it. I asked what the people bankrolling the conspiracy hope or expect to get from it. Because they could wield just as much power, and amass just as much wealth, admitting that the world is flat as they can by claiming that it is round. And the former would leave more money in their pockets.

The only rational conclusion I can come to is that there is no conspiracy. They really believe the world is round, just as they used to believe that everything we see in the night sky was within the Milky Way galaxy. And they believe this because the evidence does seem to point that way. Therefore we can conclude that there are missing pieces to the puzzle. Some will ask me what these are, and I don't yet know. I merely have confidence that the scientists will discover them. But if we want them to do so, we need to stop accusing them of being part of some giant conspiracy of liars. They are not lying. They are presenting what they honestly believe to be the truth.

OTOH, if there is a conspiracy, I want in on it. For the very reasonable salary of one million dollars per year, I will join the conspiracy and pretend to believe that the Earth is round. After taxes, this would not even put me in the 1%. But I am not greedy. Every man has his price, and mine, I think, is reasonable.

Danang

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 09:19:54 PM »
"Globe was accepted because it was the only shape that fitted all the observations and measurements not just the little bit one person could see"

>> Research of land and air traveling on northern hemiplane will tell you how super huge that area is. It's larger than what's been told by any map: RE and conventional FE.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 09:34:42 PM »
"Globe was accepted because it was the only shape that fitted all the observations and measurements not just the little bit one person could see"

>> Research of land and air traveling on northern hemiplane will tell you how super huge that area is. It's larger than what's been told by any map: RE and conventional FE.
Incorrect, other than in your dreams.

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2019, 02:02:06 AM »
Danang, you keep asking people to make their own observations, do their own research. But when they do and come to the conclusion that the earth isn't flat, you immediately dismiss them and claim them brainwashed. You, wise and the rest.

How does that square with being "open minded"

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2019, 03:19:03 AM »

Evidence for those claims? Don't tell me to go research for myself because I won't find any evidence of your claims, just show me your evidence.

Danang

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2019, 03:39:32 AM »
The official distances are too short than it's supposed to be.
The consequence is the calculation of V AKA d/t will be much lower, something that makes "a high speed train will go under 50 kph". An airplane will be "left behind Motogp".

No way! ;D

8)

Sunset

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2019, 04:02:58 AM »

We are here but dealing many angry globularists mainly rabinoz, jackblack and others. They are like robots are constantly targeting us and we have no time to look other issues. I have yet saw and replied. Look at debate subforum to see whats going on between angry globularists and flat earther. And unfortunately our forum management is supporting these angry globularitst, because they are actually themselves.

Wise, do you think your flat earther badge gives you a halo where you can get away with anything? Your latest list is now highly offensive, insulting, and derogatory to anybody suffering from cerebral palsy, by your choice of the word, "spastics". I can only assume your goofball English translator is broken?

There is a little flat earther in each of us in day to day life.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:31:23 AM by Sunset »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2019, 04:18:34 AM »
The official distances are too short than it's supposed to be.
Evidence for that claim? Don't tell me to go research for myself because I won't find any evidence of your claim, just show me your evidence.

The consequence is the calculation of V AKA d/t will be much lower, something that makes "a high speed train will go under 50 kph". An airplane will be "left behind Motogp".

No way! ;D
Evidence for those claims? Don't tell me to go research for myself because I won't find any evidence of your claims, just show me your evidence.

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2019, 12:41:59 PM »
Strayed a little from topic, but this seems to have turned into an interesting discussion.  Doesn’t always work out that way.

I'm afraid that you are correct there. Students should be taught to test what they are told to verify that it does fit the evidence.

Don’t know about others, but we did quite a lot of testing at school.  It certainly wasn’t just rote learning.

We definitely did plenty for much of the basic fundamental stuff that could be feasibly done in a classroom. First they told us the theory, then we had to try to validate it. 

Sure there were things that couldn’t be confirmed on a school lab bench in a hour long lesson, especially as things got more complicated, but they did what they could.

Similar story at university, for many practical things.  Although there was also a lot of maths, that was never just learning the standard equations, but deriving everything from first principles. 

Major pain in the arse, and I’m not sure I could even do it now.  Forgotten too much.  Maybe I’d be better at my job if everything was just drummed into me, rather than going through all that, but we were actually taught to validate that things work.

Anyway my point is I was rarely just told “this is how shit is, shut up and learn it”, which seems to a common thing brought up by those saying we’re all just “indoctrinated”.

Maybe I got lucky and am in the minority?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2019, 03:56:24 PM »
Strayed a little from topic, but this seems to have turned into an interesting discussion.  Doesn’t always work out that way.

Don’t know about others, but we did quite a lot of testing at school.  It certainly wasn’t just rote learning.
We definitely did plenty for much of the basic fundamental stuff that could be feasibly done in a classroom. First they told us the theory, then we had to try to validate it. 

Sure there were things that couldn’t be confirmed on a school lab bench in a hour long lesson, especially as things got more complicated, but they did what they could.
Similar story at university, for many practical things.  Although there was also a lot of maths, that was never just learning the standard equations, but deriving everything from first principles. 

Major pain in the arse, and I’m not sure I could even do it now.  Forgotten too much.  Maybe I’d be better at my job if everything was just drummed into me, rather than going through all that, but we were actually taught to validate that things work.

Anyway my point is I was rarely just told “this is how shit is, shut up and learn it”, which seems to a common thing brought up by those saying we’re all just “indoctrinated”.

Maybe I got lucky and am in the minority?
I do not remember such "indoctrination" either but my school and University days were many decades ago.
I was going on comments by Neil deGrasse Tyson and others claiming that much modern education was bordering on "indoctrination" because of the sheer volume of material to cover.
Also while I was at UC Berkeley, way back in 1972-73, Prof Don Peterson often remarked that he could not conceive how students could ever transition from the then abysmal Californian education system to a world-class University like UCB.

But it has a lot to do with the students too. Some will goof off during the term in class and labs then cram facts but not understanding for exams.

Now, I'm not suggesting that any Flat-Earthers here are like those on YouTube but it's the YouTube ones that the young people see.

All you need to do is to look at the "science" of some "leaders" of the YouTube Flat Earthers.
This is an example where Bob the Science Guy highlights the ignorance of Sleeping Warrior, Is Density Gravity? Density and Buoyancy.
I'm not sure which of Sleeping Warrior's videos is being treated.
It may be: Density IS a demonstrable FORCE in scientific method. Relative density IS gravity by Sleeping Warrior but there are many with claims like, "Density is a Force" and "Relative density IS gravity".

There are many like Sleeping Warrior that make similar claims.

faded mike

• new world
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2019, 05:49:59 PM »
I live in Edmonton. My compass points north west and my magnet points north east.
" Using our vast surveillance system, we've uncovered revolutionary new information..."
           -them

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2019, 06:42:21 PM »
I live in Edmonton. My compass points north west and my magnet points north east.
But isn't your compass just a magnet?
Magnetic declination in Edmonton, Canada is +14.11°
Edmonton is located at 53.5500000° Latitude and -113.5000000° Longitude
So your uncorrected compass should show 14° east. How do you determine true North?
Here in Brisbane the declination is about +11° and seems right.