Undeniable Proof that the earth is round

• 59 Replies
Re: Proof that the earth is round
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2019, 02:27:06 AM »
I will take your lack of pointing out where I lied as an admission that I didn't and that you had been lying about me.
I denied the claim at the op by counter arguments.
Your "counter-argument" amounted to nothing more than you not understanding glare.
Your "counter-argument" was already refuted before you posted it.
You know it is not a sound argument.

More importantly, it didn't deal with what the OP said at all.
So it wasn't even a counter-argument.
It was a completely separate argument with nothing to do with the topic at all.

All you have done to the OP's argument is denied it.
You have not debunked the argument, nor refuted it.

In order to debunk or refute the argument you need to explain how on a FE where the sun remains roughly 5000 km above the surface of Earth that it appears to set, with the sun appearing to go below Earth, such that part of the sun is obscured by Earth, where you could easily extend the circle of the sun and show it would need to be inside or below Earth.

Until you do so, all you have is irrational denial.

Re: Undeniable Proof that the earth is round
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2019, 06:06:35 AM »
Wise, you literally have only denied the title, you have not even supplied me with a valid counter argument against what I said. You keep mentioning the title, but not the important part, what I actually said. This is furthermore proof of you losing arguments, you drift away from the main evidence and arguments and try to rebuttal on something that is honestly irrelevant.

You truly believe the earth is flat right?

Explain how on a FLAT earth, where the sun is supposed to stay roughly 5000km above the surface of earth that the sun can go below the horizon line?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • To Us Everywhere Flat Earth
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2019, 02:10:50 PM »
Wise, you literally have only denied the title, you have not even supplied me with a valid counter argument against what I said. You keep mentioning the title, but not the important part, what I actually said. This is furthermore proof of you losing arguments, you drift away from the main evidence and arguments and try to rebuttal on something that is honestly irrelevant.

Explain how on a FLAT earth, where the sun is supposed to stay roughly 5000km above the surface of earth that the sun can go below the horizon line?

Your denying the proofs can not make my arguments weak or stronger.

Your question has many times asked and I've answered it by this way. This is likely doubling myself. Anyways.

Now literally I have proved that the earth is flat by using similar method you use. Now literally you will accept the earth's being flat, right?

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2019, 03:00:56 PM »
That is right. You denying the proof that Earth isn't flat won't make your arguments stronger or weaker. Your arguments remain garbage.

Your question has many times asked and I've answered it by this way. This is likely doubling myself. Anyways.
Spamming the same garbage image all over the place doesn't help you.
That doesn't address the argument in any way.

That image in no way demonstrates that the sun can be partially obscured by Earth.
Again, as pointed out elsewhere, the light from the sun is still going down. So it still coming from the wrong direction.

Now literally I have proved that the earth is flat by using similar method you use. Now literally you will accept the earth's being flat, right?
No you haven't.
Not even close.
If you were actually providing a counter-argument to the OP all it would do is show that either a FE or a RE could work. It wouldn't magically mean Earth is flat.
In order for it to be proof of a FE, you need to show the RE model can't explain it.

« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2019, 03:24:07 PM »
That is right. You denying the proof that Earth isn't flat won't make your arguments stronger or weaker. Your arguments remain garbage.

Spamming the same garbage image all over the place doesn't help you.
That doesn't address the argument in any way.

That image in no way demonstrates that the sun can be partially obscured by Earth.
Again, as pointed out elsewhere, the light from the sun is still going down. So it still coming from the wrong direction.

No you haven't.
Not even close.
If you were actually providing a counter-argument to the OP all it would do is show that either a FE or a RE could work. It wouldn't magically mean Earth is flat.
In order for it to be proof of a FE, you need to show the RE model can't explain it.

I find myself in complete agreement with you ,  Jack Black !     :-)

In the first place , until I discovered this website I had always assumed that every person of sane mind and body  knew that the earth was ''round'' (or was a globe).
And in the second place ,  I had always assumed that no persons of sane minds or body's even thought the earth was a flat disc.
And from personal experience I knew that there were at least 2 reasons that were proof that the earth was "round" (or was a globe )
(1) The horizon
(2) Sunrise and sunset
And many more !  :-)
And please don't make fun of me ( as the FE's do )for having been in the U.S. Navy for knowing all this for certain  ! LOL !
I had not nor have not even nor ever even  heard of any instances of this, but I had or have never ever even heard of anyone in the U.S. Navy who even believed the earth was flat.
I would guess they would be candidates for the psychiatric ward at the nearest Naval Hospital if they did ! LOL

P.S. This website can be a lot of fun if you don't take this website or some FE's too seriously ! LOL
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:00:54 PM by Googleotomy »
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »

No, you have not proved anything! Nothing you have shown "proved that the earth is flat".

Even your assumptions of refraction by the "dome" shown on your own diagrams do not show how the sun can set as in the photos in the OP.
You still show the person looking up at quite at an angle to see the sun and not horizontally as in these photos.

I know exactly where they were taken from because I took those photos! So look again and see that your explanation does not work!
I took them at Karumba on the Gulf of Carpentaria in North Queensland and 6:25:02 and 6:25:29 pm on the 8th of September 2007 ;D. See if TimeAndDate.com agree.
I see and take photos like this:

LHG-0693 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.02, 300 mm

LHG-0697 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.29, 300 mm
And I naturally think that the sun is really being hidden behind something, the horizon.
I posted them for exactly the same reason and I've yet to see wise or anyone else explain that without dragging in quite unsupported hypothothese and "bendy light" of various forms.

By the way, could you please tell us:
  • High far above the earth this "dome" is,

• how thick the "dome" is and

• the refractive index of the "dome material".
This information is absolutely necessary to work out exactly what refraction the dome and atmosphere would cause.
Thanks in advance for those details.

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2019, 05:09:02 PM »

No, you have not proved anything! Nothing you have shown "proved that the earth is flat".

Even your assumptions of refraction by the "dome" shown on your own diagrams do not show how the sun can set as in the photos in the OP.
You still show the person looking up at quite at an angle to see the sun and not horizontally as in these photos.

I know exactly where they were taken from because I took those photos! So look again and see that your explanation does not work!
I took them at Karumba on the Gulf of Carpentaria in North Queensland and 6:25:02 and 6:25:29 pm on the 8th of September 2007 ;D. See if TimeAndDate.com agree.
I see and take photos like this:

LHG-0693 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.02, 300 mm

LHG-0697 - Sunset Karumba 20070808 06.25.29, 300 mm
And I naturally think that the sun is really being hidden behind something, the horizon.
I posted them for exactly the same reason and I've yet to see wise or anyone else explain that without dragging in quite unsupported hypothothese and "bendy light" of various forms.

By the way, could you please tell us:
  • High far above the earth this "dome" is,

• how thick the "dome" is and

• the refractive index of the "dome material".
This information is absolutely necessary to work out exactly what refraction the dome and atmosphere would cause.
Thanks in advance for those details.

Could you please tell us what material of which the dome is made ?
I have read (at least )  4 answers ( and there may be more ? ):
(1) Brass
(2) Glass
(3) Water
(4) Ice
Which of these is correct ?
Or is the dome made of some other material ?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 08:29:03 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Macarios

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2019, 07:56:29 AM »

You are destroying your own arguments by moving the Sun out of the Dome.
If Dome exists (and nobody ever saw it) then the Sun is inside.
I don't have to fight about anything.
These things are not about me.
When one points facts out, they speak for themselves.
The main goal in all that is simplicity.

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2019, 08:40:05 AM »

To Wise and Macarios
It seems some FE' s are following that old adage ''You can't get out of a hole by digging it deeper ! ''. LOL
If you move the Sun out of the Dome , wouldn't that mean the Dome is transparent ?

To Macarios
Do you honestly think that any FE is ever going to '' accept the earth's being round ''' ?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 08:47:18 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Macarios

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2019, 11:29:44 AM »
To Wise and Macarios
It seems some FE' s are following that old adage ''You can't get out of a hole by digging it deeper ! ''. LOL
If you move the Sun out of the Dome , wouldn't that mean the Dome is transparent ?

They are already claiming that the Dome is transparent, made of some sort of crystal.
(Same crystal that was later described to building all those heavenly spheres in Geocentric system.)
But while the bottom side is still up there it can't move apparent Sun position even close to "low enough" (at horizon) for sunset.

To Macarios
Do you honestly think that any FE is ever going to '' accept the earth's being round ''' ?

No, thanks for asking, but innocent kids will see the facts and figures so won't get seduced by Flat deception.

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2019, 07:46:07 AM »
To Wise and Macarios

They are already claiming that the Dome is transparent, made of some sort of crystal.
(Same crystal that was later described to building all those heavenly spheres in Geocentric system.)
But while the bottom side is still up there it can't move apparent Sun position even close to "low enough" (at horizon) for sunset.

To Macarios

No, thanks for asking, but innocent kids will see the facts and figures so won't get seduced by Flat deception.

I guess we were just naive when we were in geography classes in elementary school . There was a Mercator map on the blackboard and a globe on the teacher's desk and we never had any questions about the shape of the earth. But that was before the Internet and the FES website.  LOL
There is a Science Museum in Dallas,  Texas, USA which is popular for school Field Trips. LOL.

I personally think that the so-called ''flat earth believers''  on this website  are really very  knowledgeable about the real ''globe'' earth and make up all this ''flat earth'' nonsense for the sense of debate or discussion on these forums  . LOL

However, if you really believe the shape of the earth is like the Unipolar, or North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection (of the globe) and the earth is really centered on the North Pole, and is a flat disc surrounded by a ring of ice......so be it ! LOL.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 08:55:04 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Macarios

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2019, 10:23:19 AM »
I personally think that the so-called ''flat earth believers''  on this website  are really very  knowledgeable about the real ''globe'' earth and make up all this ''flat earth'' nonsense for the sense of debate or discussion on these forums  . LOL

Many FE YouTubers actually know the Earth is Globe, but the FE videos bring them revenue.

However, if you really believe the shape of the earth is like the Unipolar, or North Polar Azimuthal Equidistant Projection (of the globe) and the earth is really centered on the North Pole, and is a flat disc surrounded by a ring of ice......so be it ! LOL.

But if you don't know, those who are twisting the facts could convince you before you know for sure.
Or at least can make you deny knowledge if it contradicts your desire or belief.

Rejecting knowledge also can lead to antivaxx and bringing back some deseases that are nearly extinct.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2019, 01:52:39 PM »

Nope. Is this what you understand so you have a problem of understanding. Your seing sun inside dome does not mean its magically inside the dome.

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2019, 05:17:22 PM »

Nope. Is this what you understand so you have a problem of understanding. Your seing sun inside dome does not mean its magically inside the dome.
You seem to have a problem with realty.

Chorus:

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2019, 12:07:31 AM »

You seem to have a problem with realty.
It is relevant with what you define the reality. Your baseless disrespectings does not make my argument magically weaker or stronger. If there is a dome so the shape of sun rays be like this. This is simple to get. Denying them with childish disrespecting can not change this fact.

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2019, 02:24:22 AM »
If there is a dome so the shape of sun rays be like this.
Yes, and that still has the sun's rays going down, not up, and doesn't allow the sun to intersect the horizon as shown in the images in the OP.

This is simple to get. Denying them with childish disrespecting can not change this fact.

Macarios

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2019, 02:36:55 AM »

You were saying that before this image gave you the idea of your newest "adaptation". :)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2019, 02:51:41 AM »
If there is a dome so the shape of sun rays be like this.
Yes, and that still has the sun's rays going down, not up, and doesn't allow the sun to intersect the horizon as shown in the images in the OP.

This is simple to get. Denying them with childish disrespecting can not change this fact.

I think I've proved what I say in the diagram. Can you show your childish objections in a simple diagram can be easily made by a kindergarden student?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2019, 02:54:16 AM »

You were saying that before this image gave you the idea of your newest "adaptation". :)

I don't remember saying this in our this discussion. each issue has its own reality, which is the same. we can discuss in more detail whether we need to adapt to life or whether life should adapt to us. however, it is useful to return to the topic.

« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2019, 03:47:01 AM »
I think I've proved what I say in the diagram.
Yes, you have "proven" the contents of the diagram, not what is needed to address the OP.

Notice how it still doesn't have the sun being below the horizon?
Notice how the sun is still upwards.
That is why we are asking questions about the dome.

As you refuse to answer, lets consider what happens if the dome touches Earth perpendicular to Earth.
First lets assume the sun does actually go below Earth. Then you may as well have not bothered with the dome as you have the same result with the sun below Earth.
Now lets assume the sun doesn't go below Earth and instead it is above Earth.
This means we need to turn your diagram clockwise 90 degrees. This now means the sun appears higher, not lower.

See, that's a key thing about such a dome, it doesn't just make the sun appear higher.

So again, care to explain how the sun sets?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2019, 04:05:31 AM »
I think I've proved what I say in the diagram.
Yes, you have "proven" the contents of the diagram, not what is needed to address the OP.

Notice how it still doesn't have the sun being below the horizon?
Notice how the sun is still upwards.
That is why we are asking questions about the dome.

As you refuse to answer, lets consider what happens if the dome touches Earth perpendicular to Earth.
First lets assume the sun does actually go below Earth. Then you may as well have not bothered with the dome as you have the same result with the sun below Earth.
Now lets assume the sun doesn't go below Earth and instead it is above Earth.
This means we need to turn your diagram clockwise 90 degrees. This now means the sun appears higher, not lower.

See, that's a key thing about such a dome, it doesn't just make the sun appear higher.

So again, care to explain how the sun sets?

I've explained sun has to be visible downside of real sun position. Showing it sets need advanced explanations you can't get them because you are random person.

you should contact the organisations that provide it, and not argue with random people here.

You see; he says your being random people. of course, it is clear that the dome's round structure will also cause some reduction. however, over-travel of the light in the dome forms a wall that prevents it from passing to the opposite side. that is, when the sun looks at the sky, if the sun is only 100 kilometers higher than you and crosses the 100-kilometer dome, it will have to pass 10 times and more dome fragments at dusk. we can examine in more detail which of these causes sinking. but as I said, this discussion does not happen with random people. you must prove that you are not random people. You can show an evidence by drawing a simple diagram here.

« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2019, 05:16:27 AM »
I've explained sun has to be visible downside of real sun position.
And I have explained why even with your dome that will not always be the case.

Showing it sets need advanced explanations you can't get them because you are random person.
If you aren't willing to provide it, don't pretend it exists.

Either explain how the sun can appear to set or stop posting in this thread.
Saying the sun appears lower than it is doesn't cut it.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2019, 05:18:10 AM »
I've explained sun has to be visible downside of real sun position.
And I have explained why even with your dome that will not always be the case.

Showing it sets need advanced explanations you can't get them because you are random person.
If you aren't willing to provide it, don't pretend it exists.

Either explain how the sun can appear to set or stop posting in this thread.
Saying the sun appears lower than it is doesn't cut it.

I told it is exist then it is enough to be a proof. Because you are not providing any evidence just making word salat.

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2019, 05:30:17 AM »
I told it is exist then it is enough to be a proof.
Your words are nothing more than a baseless claim.
If you want to convince any sane person you will need far more than a baseless claim.

Now can you explain how the sun sets?
Again, if you want to appeal to a dome, give us details.
What shape is it?
Where is it in relation to Earth and the sun?
Does it have symmetry?
What is it made of?
How thick is it?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2019, 05:38:22 AM »

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2019, 09:20:06 AM »

To Wise
I am just curious .
Have you (or any other FE for that matter ) ever been to sea or stood on the shore and looked out on the sea and actually observed how far you could see to the horizon and actually observed the rising and setting of the sun ?
(See pictures on reply #35 )
The reality of sunrise and sunset is one of the simplest and most basic proofs  of  '' Undeniable proofs that the earth is round .''
I can also assure you that every day work in any job involved in especially travel on the ocean is '' Undeniable proof that the earth is round.''
It is also one of the simplest and basic proofs of '' Undeniable proofs that the earth is NOT FLAT. ''
It is as simple as that.
There is also a suggestion on another thread ........." Go out and check it for yourself ! ,"
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:01:21 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2019, 01:58:58 PM »
More pathetic BS
If you can explain how the sun sets, THEN DO SO!
If you can't stop pretending you can.

Don't bother showing an image of the "dome" with the sun still appearing high in the sky.
Provide an image showing the sun as set/setting.

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2019, 04:05:34 PM »
More pathetic BS
If you can explain how the sun sets, THEN DO SO!
If you can't stop pretending you can.

Don't bother showing an image of the "dome" with the sun still appearing high in the sky.
Provide an image showing the sun as set/setting.

Again, I may be one of the most naive persons on the earth (the round, or globe earth, that is ) but I just can't understand how a person like wise can be so far out of reality ?

Chorus:

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2019, 01:42:21 AM »

Re: Proof that the earth is round
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2019, 12:19:15 PM »
I will take your lack of pointing out where I lied as an admission that I didn't and that you had been lying about me.
I denied the claim at the op by counter arguments.
Your "counter-argument" amounted to nothing more than you not understanding glare.
Your "counter-argument" was already refuted before you posted it.
You know it is not a sound argument.

More importantly, it didn't deal with what the OP said at all.
So it wasn't even a counter-argument.
It was a completely separate argument with nothing to do with the topic at all.

All you have done to the OP's argument is denied it.
You have not debunked the argument, nor refuted it.

In order to debunk or refute the argument you need to explain how on a FE where the sun remains roughly 5000 km above the surface of Earth that it appears to set, with the sun appearing to go below Earth, such that part of the sun is obscured by Earth, where you could easily extend the circle of the sun and show it would need to be inside or below Earth.

Until you do so, all you have is irrational denial.

I don't seem to be able to make quotes  and replies such as this on the other thread on "Proof that the earth isn't flat".
I notice that is "grayed out."

Moderator :
Is it just just my Nook or is there a reason for this ?

The only "Actions" choice that I get is "remove" ?

The only option I get is modify.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 02:25:20 PM by Bullwinkle »

Chorus: