Flight Durations

• 15 Replies
Flight Durations
« on: June 18, 2019, 10:32:55 PM »
Can I ask a question about flight durations?
I have seen threads about flight times but not flight durations.
If it takes say on average to fly from New York to London 7.5 hours, and it takes 19/20 hours to fly from London to Bali, how do you explain it also taking 19/20 hours to fly from America to Bali if the earth doesn’t meet in a globe at the other side? Surely irrespective of wind speed or earth rotations which has been used to discredit flight durations, it would take significantly longer to fly from America to East Asia - as they would theoretically be on completely different sides of “the flat earth” ??

?

alex314

• Truth, knowledge and science.
Re: Flight Durations
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 10:53:53 PM »
That is a good question, but I doubt you will ever get a clear and direct reply, or even an answer, from a flat earther. But I will support you so you get SOME reply.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:55:21 PM »
So the flat earth society seems to have lost most of its strong debaters. Which is sad, because if they where to start to answer you on this question, you would quickly realize that the Flat Earth community cant even agree on a simple Flat Earth Map. As each Flat Earth model has flaws, each debater has a different view on how to solve those flaws, but few can actually agree on what the flat earth would look like.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 12:02:27 AM »
The commonly presented FE map is not the mercartor projection.
Instead it is a north pole centred azimuthal equidistant projection which looks something like this:

As such, the flight from NA to East Asia isn't too insane a difference (especially when compared to great circle routes).
It is the southern flights which kill it, like those between Australia, South America and Africa.

Some FEers try to push the problem around, such as by using a south pole centred map which pushes the problems to the north, or using a bipolar map which pushes it to the equator.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 12:07:21 AM »
If it takes say on average to fly from New York to London 7.5 hours, and it takes 19/20 hours to fly from London to Bali, how do you explain it also taking 19/20 hours to fly from America to Bali if the earth doesn’t meet in a globe at the other side? Surely irrespective of wind speed or earth rotations which has been used to discredit flight durations, it would take significantly longer to fly from America to East Asia - as they would theoretically be on completely different sides of “the flat earth” ??
Wouldn't that be OK on the usual "Ice Wall map:?

Also compare the non-stop flight durations from Beijing to Los Angeles with that from Sydney, Australia to Santiago, Chile:
Flight time from Beijing to Los Angeles
Non-Stop flight duration from PEK to LAX is 12 hours (Operated by Air China)
And
Flight time from Sydney to Santiago
Non-Stop flight duration from SYD to SCL is 12 hours 30 minutes (Operated by LAN Airlines)
Now compare the distances on that Flat Earth map.

Stash

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 01:28:48 AM »

A laundry list of FE explanations I have seen. In no way meant to be disparaging, just a list:

- Maps are wrong
- Distances are unknown
- Flights that make any of the FE models untenable don't really exist

I'll leave for you to decide if any of the above satisfies your question.
No. That sudden lurch forwards is the atmospheric slosh effect.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 02:35:40 AM »
Someone will pop up in a while and claim that the flights from Australia to South America don't really happen, they just fly out over the ocean, murder all the passengers and sneak back again.

No one living in this alternate universe has ever questioned why tens of thousands of people disappear every year but no one's bothered about where their loved ones and colleagues have gone. Getting air miles must be hell.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

Danang

• Everything will be "Phew" in its time :')
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 04:03:02 AM »
PHEW FE Map  8)

TRY: Phew = 3.17157 (for C) and (Curved Grided) South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map and Downwards Universal Deceleration.

Phew's Silicon Valley: https://gwebanget.home.blog/

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 05:18:50 AM »
PHEW FE Map  8)

It takes about 6 times longer to fly across Russia then it takes to fly across Canada?

The Bering strait crossing just increased a tad as well.

The North Atlantic just became harder to cross too, it's a wonder Alcock and Brown made it.
The Universal Accelerator is a constant farce.

Flattery will get you nowhere.

From the FAQ - "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence."

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 02:05:00 PM »
PHEW FE Map  8)
And you have done what I said earlier.
You have pushed the problems north.

Flights in the northern hemisphere take far too little for your map.

Danang

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 09:02:10 PM »
Tips: reasearch the 'short distance' flights on northern hemiplane, which distances are around delta 1° of longitudes.
Or land travelings.
The calculation of average velocity will be ridiculously slow for such high speed vehicles like airplanes or trains.

Northern hemiplane is superhuge, much larger than any map has told, either round or flat earth map.

I frequently posted this matter.
TRY: Phew = 3.17157 (for C) and (Curved Grided) South Pole Centered FE Map AKA Phew FE Map and Downwards Universal Deceleration.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 09:42:12 PM »
Tips: reasearch the 'short distance' flights on northern hemiplane, which distances are around delta 1° of longitudes.
Tip: Short distances like that have huge time overheads due to the time for the aircraft to
      taxi, wait for take off clearance, take off climb then wait for landing clearance, approach, land and taxi to the terminal.
The time overhead is much the same whether the flights are short or long. From what I've seen these overheads might average about 45 minutes.

Hence it is very unwise to base conclusions on such short flights.

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2019, 04:01:57 AM »
Then you will end up with the majority of the distance covering latitude rather than longitude.

I frequently posted this matter.
Yes, you frequently post such nonsense. You also frequently have it explained why it is such nonsense.

It would be akin to claiming that a flight from Sydney to Canberra, allegedly separated by a mere 230 km, takes an entire hour, meaning the average speed is a measly 230 km/hr.
Or claiming that going from Sydney to Newcastle, a mere 141 km, takes over 3.5 hours.

All it does is show you have no idea what you are talking about, or are knowingly lying to everyone.

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2019, 08:31:25 AM »
Youre all debating with a guy who thinks circunference divided by diameter equals something other than pi.

Danang

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2019, 03:07:30 PM »
https://mobile.lufthansa.com/rs/revenue?execution=e1s1&l=en

Flight: Munich-Stuttgart, 190.68 km in 45 minutes
Speed = 👉 254 kph 👈
or in miles: 👉158 mph 👈

Still, "Motogp beats airplane" :')

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2019, 03:29:42 PM »
Still, "Motogp beats airplane" :')
Still, you have no idea what you are talking about.

You seemed to have completely ignore what I showed.
VA 669
Sydney to Canberra
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/VOZ669/history/20190620/0915Z/YSCB/YSSY
Duration of 1 hr and 19 minutes.
Displacement of of 237 km.
Average speed of 180 km/hr.

Even slower than your northern hemisphere flight.

This isn't a problem with the northern hemisphere or southern hemisphere.
It is a problem with your understanding of how flights work.