Werepenguin-The Mountain Meadows Massacre (players thread) [finished]

• 547 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
The rules:

Based on the standard werewolf rules.  https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=76825.0 

The roles:

The Prophet
*During the night phase can tell the alignment and role of one player, the prophet must be alive for this power to work.
*Knows the identity of the False Prophet.
*Wins when the villagers win.
*Death will not reveal this character's identity.

The False Prophet
*During the day phase can tell the alignment and role of one player, the false prophet must be dead for this power to work.
*Knows the identity of the Prophet.
*Wins when the werepenguins win.
*Death will not reveal this character's identity.

Pioneers (Villagers)
*standard rules

Werepenguins
*standard rules
*There are either 2 or three, the exact number is unknown

The sun rises and sets at 0200 GMT.

Lynching the narrator sock puppet is enabled.  The consequences are undefined.

Survivors:

boydster turned into a pillar of pepper
Space Cowgirl
Jane
Colonel Gaydafi trapped in an oil painting
DuckDodgers baptized into the next life
Chicken Fried Clucker attempted scaphism
Wise death by fusillade/robocopped
Jura-Glenlivet II zombified by Jesus
megallenclavichord crucified
NotSoSkeptical
Junker executed by catapult
Bullwinkle

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~The Setting~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”
-1 Nephi 20:10

The Wagon trail enters southern Utah.  Of the original 200 only 12 remain alive.

Captain John Baker informs the party that through detail analysis of scat he has identified that there are 2 or possibly 3 werepenguins posing as humans among us.
He additionally informs the party that he detected two sets of prophet droppings and has therefore made the obvious conclusion that there is a hidden prophet among us as well as a hidden false prophet.

"Fellow pioneers,

The time has come to raise our blades towards our brothers and sisters.  For a cancer is among us.  We must excise the penguins from our group or we shall not see New Sodom.

Additionally, we have a sizeable backlog of corpses that we still need to bury.  I would appreciate it if any downtime could be meant building coffins and digging graves.  It would be unseemly to arrive at New Sodom with a cart full of dead bodies."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:01:48 AM by Crouton »
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Wow, didn't know the game was starting....

I like the idea of the prophet and false prophet battling each other, then I don't as it will kick our ass trying to figure out who is who.

Also....two OR three penguins...we don't get the number?

The fuck crouton???
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Correct.  Interpreting scat is an imprecise science.  It's difficult to get a precise count.

I'm experimenting with the idea of obscuring the information enough that the end can't necessarily be predicted precisely.  We'll see how that goes.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
Okay, so killing all the waggoneers and their children, stealing their shit and blaming it on the Injun’s might look like the devils work to some, especially while the blood is fresh, with all the staved in heads, entrails, flies coming in and the screaming little ones being dragged away to new families, but as the good books say, “the hinges of the pearly gates are lubricated by the blood of the heathen” (toss 12;3) and “Pagans ain’t gonna slay themselves to make way for the righteous” (hyp-24;14), justification with profit is the way of the lord, praise be.

But! There is evil here, and we need to find it, torture it and put it to death in such a manner that those not under the beneficent protection of the lord are encouraged to seek his peaceful care.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:02:12 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
wise has doubts on all satanists around, they are many. werepenguins especially need to be satanist. otherwise, what the hell are they doing on this virgin land of the north?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
So suspicions at this early stage are probably the weasel words of the devil, but CFC not declaring he is the prophet and telling us all what to do is atypical, and Wise not offering to be my bondage slave for the duration is uncharacteristic also, aberrant behaviour of any form betrays nonconformism and nonconformism leads to straying from the path of virtue into the arms of Satan or worst Catholicism, this will not be tolerated, REPENT! 

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
I ride with an American Bald Eagle named Justice. I am hoping she pecks out the eyes of the werepenguins, but that wasn't exactly part of our training.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
CFC and Boydster are the penguins, Bullwinkle is the prophet, Jura is the false prophet and Junker is the werewolf.
Solved it.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
FYI everyone.  I've PMed everyone who has a special role already.  If you haven't received a PM then you've got the most important role of all, meat for the grinder.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
[I vote to lynch wise] and ban him from the ghost council. I don't even consider this part of the game, it's just some initial housekeeping.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
Oh, I think this is going to be a difficult game. I forgot to bring snacks!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
I will not behave with my emotions.

In my opinion, boydster is using the hatret of some globularists here against me and wanting an easy victory. My name maybe a good target for NSS, bullwinkle and Junker; even maybe for cfc. With offering it boydster clearly got an easy target. If he would a human would not do it. I have no chance other than defend myself. If people would play like this childhood where is the logic here. I have used to logic for it, otherwise I would to vote NSS. But I never played with my emotions.

[I vote to lynch boydster]

I believe you are a werepenguin but if you would not but the most retard player at the moment here deserved it in my opinion.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
Where there is smiting to be done, then let the just do the smiting and the unjust be smitten, and should the just smite the just, it is the devil working against the just, or the hidden will of god that that the just be smitten by the other just, just to prove the just will do the lords work whether that be by smiting the just, or just to be smitten without sin in the lord gods name, which is just very just, and not in the slightest bit unjust.

So it is written (Book of just)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 07:01:16 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor

[I vote to Smite Wise] and may God have mercy on or souls.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor

Our souls (FFS)

Bom Tishop

Boydster and I are the penguins, Bullwinkle is the prophet, Jura is the false prophet and Junker is the sexy beast.
Solved it.

Not bad Jane, not bad at all.

Villagers, we know what to do now

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
We have two votes for Wise.
One vote for boydster.
With a little over ten hours of daylight.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
[I vote to lynch Boydster]
As much as Wise is a pain, Boydster's the one being shifty right now. Can't say I'd mourn either though.

Boydster-2
Wise-2
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
I am not going to lynch anyone on the first day. Lynching someone on the first day is how we end up without a prophet (or with a false prophet). IMO.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
As much as Wise is a pain, Boydster's the one being shifty right now. Can't say I'd mourn either though.

Boydster-2
Wise-2

Please. It is the right thing to do and you know it as well as I do.

Bom Tishop

Boydster-2
Wise-2

Where did these votes come from?

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher

Boydster-2
Wise-2

Where did these votes come from?
The, uh, thread?

boydster

• Planar Moderator
I've been thinking about this. I would ask the prophet to please confirm my innocence when possible so we can chat without preconditions. I await nightfall (hopefully alive) so we can commune.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist

[I vote to Smite Wise] and may God have mercy on or souls.

You've broke something here, you know.

I did not post you anything because crouton has not sent me anything. Then he said he did not sent PM to innocent villagers. But you have tried me to kill. You can achieve this. There are already many people here can vote me only for to get fun. Whenever I gave you a chance for anything it ended with a nonsense made by you. So did you wait me to enter the game for kill? Is this was all your fantesies about me in the game? smiting me, right?   Lol.  :)

I was not smited at all. I want you to know it. actually a few impressed. That's why you're been ignored. Counter smiting.  ;D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Wise, don't make me regret my vote  >:(

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor

Where are the players,
Where are our children
Where are our fathers
Where is our desire
And it's cold, so cold on the edge of time
Where is our joy
Where is our hope
Where is our fire

magellanclavichord

• Cheerful Globularist
I never saw the notice that this thread had started. The other tread didn't show up in my "new posts" lists, so if the notice was there I didn't see it. Anyway, I'm probably going to be lousy at this game because even though it's just a game, the whole concept of lynching disturbs me on a very deep level. It's not something I find I can joke about. Lynching in my country is too recent and too real to be a suitable subject for humor. So I'm going to suggest we have a nonviolent revolution against the premise and make it a game about fruit. Or clam chowder.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
I never saw the notice that this thread had started. The other tread didn't show up in my "new posts" lists, so if the notice was there I didn't see it. Anyway, I'm probably going to be lousy at this game because even though it's just a game, the whole concept of lynching disturbs me on a very deep level. It's not something I find I can joke about. Lynching in my country is too recent and too real to be a suitable subject for humor. So I'm going to suggest we have a nonviolent revolution against the premise and make it a game about fruit. Or clam chowder.
I bet Crouton will allow [I vote to have clam chowder with <person>] if we ask him nicely to consult the golden tablets

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn

You are more than welcome to attempt it.  The penguins, however, may not be very cooperative with the idea.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
[I vote to turn boydster into clam chowder]

(already voted so don't count this for anything. Don't want to be accused of cheating  :P)