Nasa to open International Space Station to tourists

• 55 Replies

rvlvr

Nasa to open International Space Station to tourists
« on: June 07, 2019, 12:51:30 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48560874

Nasa is to allow tourists to visit the International Space Station from 2020, priced at $35,000 (£27,500) per night.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re: Nasa to open International Space Station to tourists
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 12:55:53 PM »
When I first read the news, I have laughed boisterously. What's NASA gonna do, like a horror toy at an amusement park? you get on the train and you think you're in a real environment, but it's all fiction.  :)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 12:57:57 PM »

Nasa is to allow tourists to visit the International Space Station from 2020, priced at $35,000 (£27,500) per night.

The cost to stay is trivial compared to the taxi fare to get there.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2019, 01:00:11 PM »

The cost to stay is trivial compared to the taxi fare to get there.

Think its being just 50 kms altitude zero gravity plane then taxi fare becomes unimportant. With this, NASA has proved ISS's not being orbit. Now they will think on this, they will correct it.  ;)
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2019, 01:09:10 PM »
I would like to see a crowdfunded campaign to get someone famous in the flat earth community to hitch a ride to the ISS and document their adventure.   Only problem is that most people famous in the FE community do not want to do something like this.   Because if it turns out to be real then their entire believe system is shattered.  Of course they claim its fake, but they cant actually go through the trouble of proving its fake.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 01:14:32 PM »
None of flat earthers will try it because it's not possible to take this funny claim seriously.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rvlvr

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2019, 01:28:10 PM »
None of flat earthers will try it because it's not possible to take this funny claim seriously.
Why is it funny?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2019, 01:49:11 PM »
Why is it funny?

Is not it funny? Think on it, ISS, exist, and touristic travels to there. Ahahahah, get it rvlvr? travel, ISS, rvlvr. ahahaha!  ;D
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 02:06:42 PM »
I would like to see a crowdfunded campaign to get someone famous in the flat earth community to hitch a ride to the ISS and document their adventure.   Only problem is that most people famous in the FE community do not want to do something like this.   Because if it turns out to be real then their entire believe system is shattered.  Of course they claim its fake, but they cant actually go through the trouble of proving its fake.

I don’t know.  We might see one or two of these YouTube charlatans asking for donations for this.  They’ll probably come up with some excuse why they can’t go through with it though.

I certainly wouldn’t give them any money for it, anyway.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 02:23:14 PM »
The only differences getting "someone famous in the flat earth community to hitch a ride to the ISS" would make is possibly one less famous person in the flat earth community and that person being viciously attacked as a shill.

A visit to the South Pole with some means to verify where they were (a sextant for sun angles would do) would be enough to kill off the "AEP map".
But when that was suggested to Mark Sargent he simply says that is not possible because it is prohibited, which is a total lie.

So I agree with, "Of course they claim its fake, but" it's more like Flat Earthers being unwilling to take these obvious steps because most are afraid that they'll be proven wrong.
This is because, as you say, "because if it turns out to be real then their entire belief system is shattered".

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2019, 09:42:46 PM »
I would say, "let's send rab".

But the ISS probably has WiFi.  :(

;D

rvlvr

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 10:30:36 PM »
But do they have a navy?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 10:44:21 PM »
I would say, "let's send rab".

But the ISS probably has WiFi.  :(
        ;D
Networking to the ISS is provided via a satellite network, at a speed of around 10mbps down and 3mbps up. However, most of that is allocated for use by NASA's private network. Everything from monitoring vital information to providing live imagery of the Earth below. NASA does allow internet access, but it's very slow.
And I'm used to at least 25Mbps download and 5Mbps upload on cable and up 40Mbps and 30Mbps on mobile (cellphone).
Not great but far better than on the ISS.

In any case, I so gullible thst I already believe that the photos from the ISS are genuine so maybe send Tom Bishop or Wise.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 10:49:35 PM »
Seems cheap, right?
What about all the training needed to ready someone for a so called mission, which is what they call it, tourist or not.
What about the cost of the specially fitted space suits they apparently have to have. Has that been downgraded to a set of overalls and a motorbike helmet or something?

What about the poundage cost of getting a person up to the so called space station.
Wasn't it something like $10,000 per kilo or something, or if not, what was it we were told?

I do believe they will have tourists going to the space station but the tourists will be actors and the space station will be part of a ongoing box set series documenting each and every actor and all the CGI accompanying their act.

PFFFFFFFFFT. :P

rvlvr

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2019, 11:13:42 PM »
Just because you do not have the money to fly there does not mean everyone who does is an actor.

Pretty awesome train of thought you got going there.

Does the fact space flight is becoming more common scare you?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 11:15:54 PM by rvlvr »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2019, 11:20:54 PM »
£27,500 per night and I'm fairly sure they don't operate a shuttle service every day, so the £27,500 per night equates to how much for how many nights and is it Earth nights or space station nights, because 16 times a day means 16 nights a day....sort of fictional thing, if you get it.

But anyway the issue still stands and you didn't address any of it except to attack a strawman, sort of thing.
Anyway, at least they'll get to keep their tailor made space suits, won't they?
How much do they cost?

They can cost 80 billion trillion bazillion to be fair, because the actors can go along with any price and any issue, plus and time limit, all in the name of Billy Bull for the public to swallow and ask for seconds.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2019, 11:25:05 PM »

Does the fact space flight is becoming more common scare you?
Didn't see this edit.

Space flight becoming more common does not scare me. There is no space flights and never has been, because the space we're told about, does not exist.
What the reality is, is anyone's guess and something most of us are not privy to.

This is why we're all brainwashed to all hell by the media and that TV screen, etc.

rvlvr

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2019, 11:27:02 PM »
Space flight becoming more common does not scare me. There is no space flights and never has been, because the space we're told about, does not exist.
What the reality is, is anyone's guess and something most of us are not privy to.

This is why we're all brainwashed to all hell by the media and that TV screen, etc.
Fair enough!

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2019, 11:41:47 PM »
There is no space flights and never has been, because the space we're told about, does not exist.

Aren't these two statements contradictory?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2019, 11:44:38 PM »

Spaceship of thought. Just sayin'   ;)

rvlvr

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2019, 11:47:00 PM »

True, true.

rvlvr

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2019, 11:53:16 PM »
What is the reason there is more happening in space nowadays? Does Nasa need to cover the flatness more as the age of awakening is upon us? Is SpaceX and this ISS hoax and all such nonsense just their last desperate attempt to cloud the minds of the people?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2019, 12:19:38 AM »
There is no space flights and never has been, because the space we're told about, does not exist.

Aren't these two statements contradictory?
Nope.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2019, 12:34:25 AM »
What is the reason there is more happening in space nowadays? Does Nasa need to cover the flatness more as the age of awakening is upon us? Is SpaceX and this ISS hoax and all such nonsense just their last desperate attempt to cloud the minds of the people?
Like I said before, it's anyone's guess.
POTENTIALLY.Keep the population amazed, scared and out of pocket. It's clever stuff. In my opinion.

rvlvr

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2019, 12:38:49 AM »
Like I said before, it's anyone's guess.
POTENTIALLY.Keep the population amazed, scared and out of pocket. It's clever stuff. In my opinion.
Who does it? Who has the money to pay for it all?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2019, 12:44:05 AM »

True, true.

I was thinking Jefferson Airplane to Jefferson Starship.   :D

rvlvr

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2019, 12:47:49 AM »
Man, Jefferson Airplane are cool. I haven’t listened to Jefferson Starship as they should have been Jefferson Spaceship and space is a lie!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2019, 12:53:43 AM »
Man, Jefferson Airplane are cool. I haven’t listened to Jefferson Starship as they should have been Jefferson Spaceship and space is a lie!

Huh, they did make quite a leap, didn't they?   ;)

rvlvr

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2019, 12:58:26 AM »
Shills and fascists, I tells ya!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2019, 01:17:39 AM »
that's kinda judgy.