"Flat Earth Believers Debate" Subforum

• 18 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
"Flat Earth Believers Debate" Subforum
« on: May 26, 2019, 12:26:15 PM »
We need an extra subforum in this category. The people in the believers' forum generally treat each other with respect. there is no discussion here. but when we come to the discussion forum, we cannot discuss the issues we want to discuss with ourselves because of the globularists. and this eliminates the possibility that our theories can be strengthened because it makes impossible the discussions within ourselves.

I hope that the matter will be discussed and resolved at the high administrative council of the society.

Kindly request you to do the needful.
boydster the angry globalist being a mod is my red line. During he continues to be mod, others will be ignored till infinity.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
Re: "Flat Earth Believers Debate" Subforum
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 12:49:29 PM »
And if this does happen, I'd pitch that it should only be visible to members of the believers group, because we all know bits would be quoted out of all context by certain users in the main forum.

Though I foresee a bigger obstacle to debate being the lack of FE Believer users.

rabinoz

• Ranters
  • Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »
We need an extra subforum in this category. The people in the believers' forum generally treat each other with respect. there is no discussion here. but when we come to the discussion forum, we cannot discuss the issues we want to discuss with ourselves because of the globularists. and this eliminates the possibility that our theories can be strengthened because it makes impossible the discussions within ourselves.

I hope that the matter will be discussed and resolved at the high administrative council of the society.

You already have a Flat Earth Believers A board for debate and discussion among Flat Earth Believers. and I have asked you and other Flat Earth Believers why you do not use it for debate among yourselves.

It would be an excellent idea if you and other Flat Earth Believers could get together and come up with a Flat Earth model that really worked.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 01:28:54 PM »
I think that there should be a forum where the RE get together and try to figure out the nonsense in their model.

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
  • You keep using that word.
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 01:38:23 PM »
I think that there should be a forum where the RE get together and try to figure out the nonsense in their model.

I think that's called "Academia"

You have this section already, and you are welcome to use it as such. It's the FE Believers board.
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 01:53:30 PM »
You have this section already, and you are welcome to use it as such. It's the FE Believers board.

We are using it for publish our workings. Because this is also a need. "debate among believers" may be interesting.

Perhaps you speak in the name of the supreme flat earth society council.

it is enough for a person in counsil to offer it to the council. please keep and share your opinion on the matter to there.
boydster the angry globalist being a mod is my red line. During he continues to be mod, others will be ignored till infinity.

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 02:44:19 PM »
It's literally in the description of that forum's purpose.
Let me explain this in a way you can understand. What you just wrote sounds exactly like something that a gay rights Portuguese Samurai would write.

boydster

• Brute Squad Support
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2019, 03:16:31 PM »
Suggestion: start a thread in the Believers section with the stated purpose of debating the FE model you would like to debate.

Greg's Frog

• Area 51 Guard
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2019, 03:34:29 PM »
Firstly, you have "Flat Earth Believers" forum where ONLY flat earthers can discuss their works exclusively, for it to be constructively criticized during peer review. That is literally what you are asking for. Then, you can present your findings to "Flat Earth Debate" for it to be discussed by BOTH globetards and flatwits. If a "globularist" is being disrespectful, then report it to a moderator and they will face a consequence. However, there is a difference between a "globularist" debunking your findings, and being disrespectful.
Old Name: Unepic Globetard. Changed 5/22/2019
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=81539.0

Creeper, aw man...

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2019, 01:40:54 AM »
If a "globularist" is being disrespectful, then report it to a moderator and they will face a consequence. However, there is a difference between a "globularist" debunking your findings, and being disrespectful.
In fairness, most of the RE users don't know the difference either. The threshold between respectful and disrespectful is really, really low on this site.

The two potential problems with using the FEB forum the way that's being proposed here are a) the lack of active users in it, especially given the reason most users leave is being tired of repeating themselves over and over to REers so wanting them to start doing the same thing in what ought to be a more pleasant location may not be much of a draw (not to say all debates will be like most of those in the upper board, but it's not like such discussions have good associations here so a lot of people might not want to get involved). And problem b) is connected, discussing and debating where REers can see is just going to lead to a whole slew of "Ha ha, other FEers think what you're saying is nonsense!" all around, particularly if it starts seeming in focus.

You might be able to make it work with a retool, some sub-board only visible to FE Believers to draw conclusions, which then get posted in the main board, but... honestly the number of participants is going to be the hard part. It might be worth just making a thread to ask who'd be willing to take part in FEer-on-FEer debates because unless there's a semi-decent number this whole discussion is pointless.

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 05:22:46 PM »
I like this idea a lot.
Quantum Ab Hoc

John Davis

• Secretary Of The Society
  • Administrator
  • Most Prolific Scientist, 2019
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 05:23:22 PM »
CALL THE COUNCIL TOGETHER TO VOTE!

All of us need to wear black hats and red socks. I don't know why - its just in the bylaws.
Quantum Ab Hoc

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 01:53:28 AM »
I am not surprised at all John's support this idea. Because he is an admin meanwhile a believer can do empathy and knows what we feel. In short, it is a requirement that only another believer can understand what other believers feel about it. It is easy to say "you can debate in believers subforum" but practically it is impossible that John knows this very well. Thanks Mister Davis.

Bullwinkle

• Flat Earth Curator
  • "Umm, WTF ???"
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 02:33:38 AM »
I am not surprised at all John's support this idea. Because he is an admin meanwhile a believer can do empathy and knows what we feel. In short, it is a requirement that only another believer can understand what other believers feel about it. It is easy to say "you can debate in believers subforum" but practically it is impossible that John knows this very well. Thanks Mister Davis.

WTF? You spend 27% of your time here trashing JD. 
RE can never win this argument.
FE can't be disproved.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2019, 12:16:05 AM »

WTF? You spend 27% of your time here trashing JD.

Poll has been added.

?

alex314

• Truth, knowledge and science.
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 12:39:50 AM »
We need an extra subforum in this category. The people in the believers' forum generally treat each other with respect. there is no discussion here. but when we come to the discussion forum, we cannot discuss the issues we want to discuss with ourselves because of the globularists.

In what sense can't you discuss issues because of 'globularists'? What are they doing? Showing where you are incorrect?

Stash

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2019, 12:49:41 AM »
Just my 2 cents. As has been pointed out, there's already the Believers section where FEr's can post without the maniacal onslaught we in RE tend to juggernaut forth with in the regular forums. So you're safe from the likes of the unwashed and unenlightened. Also pointed out is the notion of posting an open FE to FE debate topic in said FE Believers and see if you have any comers. I just don't think you have the FE Believer traffic to really get a mono a mono debate going...Just based upon what I see in there already.

Slemon's note about maybe a sub debate forum being hidden except to only those who are believers I get. Again, the unwashed and unenlightened are a squirrely lot, so yeah, kinda makes sense. But at the same time, I almost never look in the believers forum, nor Q&A, because I consider them sorta off limits to the likes of me and my round earth afflicted brethren.

So I think B, (which I never called out as a 'B' but am doing so now): Post an open FE to FE debate topic(s) in the FE Believers and see if anyone wants to partake.

See how that goes, gauge interest and let that guide the next steps, if there are any.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • Backstage
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2019, 12:55:39 AM »
We need an extra subforum in this category. The people in the believers' forum generally treat each other with respect. there is no discussion here. but when we come to the discussion forum, we cannot discuss the issues we want to discuss with ourselves because of the globularists.

In what sense can't you discuss issues because of 'globularists'? What are they doing? Showing where you are incorrect?

It is not in this case that how they think they show we are incorrect. We don't need such as ego satisfactions of globularists. The reason is already clearly stated in the above article. there is also no need another reason.

NotSoSkeptical

• I abuse wise
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2019, 06:43:58 AM »
I'm still confused on why you need a debate section for FE-ers only.

I don't think you understand what a debate is?
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy