What are your opinions on Evolution

• 111 Replies

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
Re: What are your opinions on Evolution
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2007, 11:46:25 AM »
Right because those to situations match up perfectly.
Actually, they use basically the same logic.

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2007, 11:33:23 PM »
Can you disprove his existence?

Considering there is no evidence to support his existence, I don't need to disprove his existence.  How can you possibly disprove the existence of anything?  Clearly if something does not exist, all you can have, as we do have, is a lack of evidence supporting the existence of the non-existent thing.

Do you believe that there are millions of invisible midget pandas that steal peoples socks?

Why not?

Can you prove that those pandas do not exist? 
Well yes, it is impossible for something to be "invisible". Something can be invisible to a certain spectrum of light, like radio waves for example, or specific colors can be blocked out, but it is impossible to make something invisible to the entire spectrum of light (visible spectrum or otherwise), also IF somehting like that was possible, you would not be able to see anything lest your eyes become visible, hence no invisibility. The only possible thing I could think of would be a black hole, the object itself is invisible yes... NOW, if they were visible midget pandas...well thats a different story.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:38:27 PM by [][][] »
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2007, 11:39:09 PM »
I believe all creatures existing now - EXCEPT the cockroaches - were bitchslapped out of my neighbor's brother's wife's nephew's bestfriend's nose during the Coming of the Insatiable Terrorflip, at a height of two seconds into the hour for twenty-four guarddogs.

The cockroaches were an afterthought - I slapped him again.
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2007, 02:05:02 AM »
I believe all creatures existing now - EXCEPT the cockroaches - were bitchslapped out of my neighbor's brother's wife's nephew's bestfriend's nose during the Coming of the Insatiable Terrorflip, at a height of two seconds into the hour for twenty-four guarddogs.

The cockroaches were an afterthought - I slapped him again.

Where does that leave cabbage?
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

beast

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2007, 07:08:22 AM »

Well yes, it is impossible for something to be "invisible". Something can be invisible to a certain spectrum of light, like radio waves for example, or specific colors can be blocked out, but it is impossible to make something invisible to the entire spectrum of light (visible spectrum or otherwise), also IF somehting like that was possible, you would not be able to see anything lest your eyes become visible, hence no invisibility. The only possible thing I could think of would be a black hole, the object itself is invisible yes... NOW, if they were visible midget pandas...well thats a different story.

Clearly in the context of this discussion, "invisible" refers to the ability of human eyes to see the pandas.  I'm simply talking from a human perspective.  I'm sorry that you were unable to comprehend that.  I will try to be more clear for you.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2007, 07:38:19 AM »
Do you know that for sure, or are you just assuming that?

?

[][][]

• Man of science.
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2007, 10:52:33 AM »
Do you know that for sure, or are you just assuming that?
I know for sure.
The folly of mistaking a paradox for a discovery, a metaphor for a proof, a torrent of verbiage for a spring of capital truths, and oneself for an oracle, is inborn in us. -Some Frenchy

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2007, 12:02:40 PM »
i don't know, I'm split down the line. I think God may have started the ball going, then sat back and watched evolution roll. And no, I'm not implying god made us first, just that in the omniscience he must have being a god, he foresaw somehow a sentient being was to result.

then, on the other side of the split, I'm thinking evolution, but on a galactic scale.

so all in all i'd say evolution.

That's the same how I feel. God must've started something because something tangible cannot last forever.
very thing's a conspiracy, every thing's kept hidden from you... waiting to be uncovered.
Your so retarted, even if you went to space and saw the earth was round, you would completely deny it.

« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2007, 01:41:29 PM »
It happened and is still happening.
All you religous freaks who say it never happened can suck my....

beast

« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2007, 12:12:22 AM »
i don't know, I'm split down the line. I think God may have started the ball going, then sat back and watched evolution roll. And no, I'm not implying god made us first, just that in the omniscience he must have being a god, he foresaw somehow a sentient being was to result.

then, on the other side of the split, I'm thinking evolution, but on a galactic scale.

That's the same how I feel. God must've started something because something tangible cannot last forever.

What's your evidence for that belief?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2007, 04:14:38 PM »
This thread is evolution in practice.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

unclegravy

• I feel so fucking high!!!!!!
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2007, 10:08:26 PM »
Yu yu Hakusho is an excellent anime, but why did you have to include a crappy one like Inu Yasha in your username?
Forshame, I thought I knew you to be a decent person.  >:(
The people who feast on exclamation marks will never go hungry agaaaain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2007, 12:51:11 AM »
Can you disprove his existence?

Considering there is no evidence to support his existence, I don't need to disprove his existence.  How can you possibly disprove the existence of anything?  Clearly if something does not exist, all you can have, as we do have, is a lack of evidence supporting the existence of the non-existent thing.

Do you believe that there are millions of invisible midget pandas that steal peoples socks?

Why not?

Can you prove that those pandas do not exist? 

Now lets write up a scenario for you, there is a pitch black room. In this room is a man with night vision goggles. The goggles supply a form of light at a scale unseen by humans. You with nothing but your natural human eyes must prove whether or not this man exists in the room. He breaths softly and steers clear of your presence.

Can you do it if he is aware of your presence and moves to avoid your attempts to search for him? You would eventually conclude that there is no man in the dark room because you can not perceive him.

Likewise, were God to exist, he may not wish you to know of his existence. If that were the case, he has a clear cut advantage in information and evasion and as such, can prove impossible to discover.
Quote from: BOGWarrior89

I'm giving you five points for that one

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »

What's your evidence for that belief?

In order to get a reaction, you must have an action.

An object at rest, stays at rest.

beast

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2007, 04:32:33 AM »
Unbacked up statements are not evidence.

« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2007, 06:52:26 AM »

Both are basic laws of already set theorys.

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2007, 07:41:24 AM »

And actually there is apparently a way to record the voices of the dead on tape.

Get some equipment that allows you to record ultra-high frequencys, take it to a graveyard somewhere and ask if God exists. Hell ask em anything you want, you'll probably get answers that you can take home and listen to.

I never did it myself, personally the idea of talking to dead people (and getting a response) freaks me out. But the guy who was telling me about this said that weird stuff started happening around his house after he stopped going to the cemetary and asking questions.

« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2007, 07:46:07 AM »

And actually there is apparently a way to record the voices of the dead on tape.

Get some equipment that allows you to record ultra-high frequencys, take it to a graveyard somewhere and ask if God exists. Hell ask em anything you want, you'll probably get answers that you can take home and listen to.

I never did it myself, personally the idea of talking to dead people (and getting a response) freaks me out. But the guy who was telling me about this said that weird stuff started happening around his house after he stopped going to the cemetary and asking questions.
... ok.

I believed the guy because he looked me strait in the eye the entire time, he was freaking out and not on drugs either. I don't think he was even drunk when he related the story to me.

As for how the conversation popped up, I'm not sure but I think he started it too. Now why go to a random gas station in the middle of the night starting conversations with random strangers about ghosts if you weren't a bit shaken by the ordeal?

« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2007, 08:04:58 AM »
Would certainly be an interesting lead on the discussion of God's existence.

Come to think of it, I asked the guy if he asked the ghosts about Jesus, he said he did. I don't remember the answer they gave exactly (as he related it) but it was some cryptic connection from the bible I think.

Havn't seen the guy since -shrugs-.

One thing stuck in my memory, the guy asked the ghosts why they were still there. They said "they won't let us leave".

He also asked who the ghosts were, one answered and when he went back the next day, he found the tombstone of the ghost that had responded to him.

« Reply #79 on: February 27, 2007, 08:14:03 AM »
Would certainly be an interesting lead on the discussion of God's existence.

Come to think of it, I asked the guy if he asked the ghosts about Jesus, he said he did. I don't remember the answer they gave exactly (as he related it) but it was some cryptic connection from the bible I think.

Havn't seen the guy since -shrugs-.

One thing stuck in my memory, the guy asked the ghosts why they were still there. They said "they won't let us leave".

He also asked who the ghosts were, one answered and when he went back the next day, he found the tombstone of the ghost that had responded to him.
EVP... thats what its called.
http://paranormal.about.com/od/ghostaudiovideo/a/aa010305.htm

Ive always been facinated with the supernatural. it IS a whole different take on religion, the afterlife, and other assorted things. Its pretty damn cool when you get into this kinda stuff. I think. i cant remember anymore. But i DO know i hate that ghost hunters show on Sci Fi. GHEIGH.

Someone is trying to copy ghost busters?

« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2007, 08:19:24 AM »
Can't do it without the proton packs!

« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2007, 08:31:31 AM »
we turned the evolution thread into ghost talk USA. For the threads sake... SHOW ME PROOF OF CREATIONISM AND I MAY BELIEVE IN IT!

Pfft as if you could prove creationism!

« Reply #82 on: February 27, 2007, 08:36:29 AM »
we turned the evolution thread into ghost talk USA. For the threads sake... SHOW ME PROOF OF CREATIONISM AND I MAY BELIEVE IN IT!

Pfffft... like you could prove evo... crap.

HA! Crazy theorys 1, real theorys a billion!

« Reply #83 on: February 27, 2007, 08:39:10 AM »

I call party foul If you are gonna type the number one as a 1... then you gotta do the same with a billion. I wanna see some zeros and commas mister.

crazy theories 10^0 , real theories 10^9 :P
Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!

« Reply #84 on: February 27, 2007, 08:39:25 AM »

I call party foul If you are gonna type the number one as a 1... then you gotta do the same with a billion. I wanna see some zeros and commas mister.

Make me short stuff!

Rudd Master 3000

• Lil Kev
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2007, 08:43:23 AM »

Make me short stuff!
But... im not short... im average height for my age... *sniffle*

For what time period?

Rudd Master 3000

• Lil Kev
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2007, 08:49:59 AM »

Make me short stuff!

For what time period?
The CURRENT time period.

Okay, what location? Average height for your area in Michigan or average height if you were part of a pygmy tribe?

Rudd Master 3000

• Lil Kev
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2007, 09:10:10 AM »

Make me short stuff!

For what time period?
The CURRENT time period.

Okay, what location? Average height for your area in Michigan or average height if you were part of a pygmy tribe?
i think you know the answer.

It's the pygmy tribe right?

« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2007, 09:21:39 AM »

Make me short stuff!

For what time period?
The CURRENT time period.

Shorty :)

« Reply #89 on: February 27, 2007, 09:31:48 AM »

Make me short stuff!

For what time period?
The CURRENT time period.

Shorty :)
Fatty  :P

Pygmy!