A Few Questions

• 6 Replies
?

keith_pearson2001

A Few Questions
« on: December 14, 2005, 02:33:43 PM »
I am new to believing the earth is flat and I am excited to come on board, but I have a few questions and I was wondering if I could have some help answering them.

The walls of ice on the edge of the earth, could someone please explain these to me and why no one has ever saw them?

How can I get my friends to believe that the earth is flat?

Any tips on standing up when questioned about the earth is flat?

Thank you and please answer these questions.

A Few Questions
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 06:33:32 PM »
Your lack of intelligence amuse's me, and with the amount of self pitty you should have, you dont deserve to even post such a retarded thread.

?

moasre

A Few Questions
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2005, 06:39:42 PM »
Your lack of grammar and proper spelling amuses me, TheMantisMan.  And to you, Mr. Pearson, I have this to say:

If you are unsure about how to make your friends believe the earth is flat, how can you rationalize that you yourself believe it?  Are you admitting that there is not enough evidence (actually none at all) to make rational people believe?  Though perhaps because your friends have stuck around with you this long they may be receptive to your ideas.

A Few Questions
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 08:06:52 PM »
Sorry about that last post, it was written by a friend who doesn't believe in the flat earth and doesn't understand how apostrophes are used, either.

I believe I can help you out, Mr. Pearson.  I'll take your questions in order.

1. The walls of ice

This illustration should help explain:

Just to clarify, the "x" at the center is the north pole, and the red circle indicates the path of the sun.  As you would expect, those areas further from the sun's path are colder: namely, the north pole and the "wall of ice".

As for why no one has seen them: plenty of people have.  They've simply given them a different name: "Antarctica."

2. Getting your friends to believe

This is a bit harder; typically people who believe in the round earth are pretty set in their views and not very willing to change them.  After all, they're the large majority at this point, and it's a rare person who will stand up in the face of fifty-to-one odds.

The trick is to lead by example.  Let them see how knowledge has set you free.  You're not buying into this shit anymore, and that's a starting point for not buying into all kinds of other shit.  Just stand firm in your beliefs, and once your friends see the power it gives you, they might not be so skeptical anymore.

3. Standing up when questioned

Again, round-earthers are usually very resistant to changing their views, and this goes double for those that try to question you directly.  Typically they're just looking to make themselves look smart at your expense.  Until you understand some of the theory behind flat-earthism and can put up an intelligent argument, it's usually best not to get drawn in.  Just tell them, politely, to fuck off, and leave it at that.

Hope I've been of help.

A Few Questions
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 08:50:30 PM »
mr. pearson, the reason you have these questions is because deep down inside you (or it could be relitively close to the surface. you may just be a sheep in wolfs skin.) you actually believe the earth is round. just like eery other smart person in this forum. dont ask questions. yo dont really want to know the answers. if you are new to flat earth tribe, i suggest going back while you still have the chance. you only want o be a flat earther because you want to be different. this is not the way to go about it. if you really want to be different then start believing hat the world dosnt exist and come up with supid reasons why.
efore making fun of someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then your a mile away and you have their shoes.

A Few Questions
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 08:52:27 PM »
p.s. i know i said that simile backwards
efore making fun of someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then your a mile away and you have their shoes.

A Few Questions
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 04:40:19 AM »
Quote from: "F Kid"
mr. pearson, the reason you have these questions is because deep down inside you (or it could be relitively close to the surface. you may just be a sheep in wolfs skin.) you actually believe the earth is round. just like eery other smart person in this forum. dont ask questions. yo dont really want to know the answers. if you are new to flat earth tribe, i suggest going back while you still have the chance. you only want o be a flat earther because you want to be different. this is not the way to go about it. if you really want to be different then start believing hat the world dosnt exist and come up with supid reasons why.
Exactly. I can respect having different ideas, since nobody agrees with mine (and they are very weird), but I don't respect having different ideas because you just want to be different from everybody else.
 believe the Earth is round. That must make me... EVIL!!!

By reading this message, you have given me breif control of your mind.