The Satanic Temple recognized as religion in US. Hail Satan?

• 24 Replies
The Satanic Temple has been granted 501(c)(3) non-profit status as a recognized religion by the IRS. If you're near a city that's showing it, consider going to see "Hail Satan?", a documentary by filmmaker Penny Lane now making the rounds in limited release.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: The Satanic Temple recognized as religion in US. Hail Satan?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 11:27:08 AM »
Praise be to Satan!

Next step, we must use underhanded methods to pressure the public schools to teach Satanism instead of PE.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

The Real Celine Dion

• Use as directed
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 03:11:38 PM »
Satan is just Christianity's version of the "trickster" god, the giver of knowledge entity(like Prometheus).
You just got Weskered, bitches!

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 06:24:22 PM »
Satan is just Christianity's version of the "trickster" god, the giver of knowledge entity(like Prometheus).

In The Satanic Temple, Satan is not a god. Christianity can believe as it pleases.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »
This is great. If those televangelist grifters can get away without paying taxes, why not the Satanists?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 06:51:22 PM »
This is great. If those televangelist grifters can get away without paying taxes, why not the Satanists?

Perhaps they have higher moral standards?
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 03:58:26 AM »
To have higher moral standards than a tele-evangelist, you just must have said sorry when you bumped into someone and half meant it.

I’m not that religious, but one that meets in high open places, stands with arms out to talk to their deity and delights and venerates the naked form, has got to have something over one that meets in dark cold places, has you on your knees when talking to the boss and is appalled by nakedness (generalising here).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 04:00:10 AM by Jura-Glenlivet II »
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 01:35:07 PM »
Jura's a witch.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »
It's 2019.  How long will us take us as a society to not immediately assume that every female that uses supernatural force maliciously is a witch?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 03:12:11 PM »
... one that meets in high open places, stands with arms out to talk to their deity and delights and venerates the naked form ...

I hope that's not your impression of The Satanic Temple!

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 11:47:32 AM »

No, that's an American phenomena, I base it on the followers of the old gods whose names have been added to Satans' as a means of oppression, those who stand on the high tor's, sky clad and moon tanned, who feel the earths pain and hear her wrath rising.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 12:06:57 PM »
Told you.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 05:37:48 PM »

No, that's an American phenomena, I base it on the followers of the old gods whose names have been added to Satans' as a means of oppression, those who stand on the high tor's, sky clad and moon tanned, who feel the earths pain and hear her wrath rising.

What I meant was that The Satanic Temple does not regard Satan as a deity in any way whatsoever.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2019, 11:16:03 PM »
How many followers do you need before a cult becomes a religion?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2019, 05:41:59 AM »
I think it's money that makes the religion.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 11:33:55 AM »
How many followers do you need before a cult becomes a religion?
I don't think that there is a specific number that the IRS requires, but I imagine as in many things there are a number of criteria relevant to the ruling.

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2019, 03:22:59 AM »
According to the bible, god killed approximately 2.8 Million people and satan/the devil killed 2
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 05:44:31 AM »
According to the bible, god killed approximately 2.8 Million people and satan/the devil killed 2
In fairness that's at least partly because the book's about God. In Harry Potter, Harry killed one person while Hitler killed no one, so Harry Potter's worse than Hitler.
If Satan published his biography I'm sure there'll be plenty in there that didn't make it into the Bible.

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 12:01:22 PM »
If Satan published his biography I'm sure there'll be plenty in there that didn't make it into the Bible.
Maybe, but he's not really into killing, is he?

Anyway, god created Satan, so who should take responsibility?  God needs to lawyer up.  That Cohen fellow should be good, once he gets out of jail.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2019, 01:22:52 PM »
Maybe, but he's not really into killing, is he?

Anyway, god created Satan, so who should take responsibility?  God needs to lawyer up.  That Cohen fellow should be good, once he gets out of jail.
If he just walks under that arch like Ben Affleck and Matt Damon tried to do in Dogma, that's like the ultimate pardon. Then he can be God's lawyer.

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2019, 05:11:31 PM »
In fairness that's at least partly because the book's about God. In Harry Potter, Harry killed one person while Hitler killed no one, so Harry Potter's worse than Hitler.

So in a set of books about the xtian god, god is the bigger serial killing mass murderer by several orders of magnitude than the one who is supposed to be the bad guy?
Turkish joke. A prisoner goes to the jail's library to borrow a book. The librarian says: "We don't have this book, but we have its author"

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2019, 01:32:48 AM »

So in a set of books about the xtian god, god is the bigger serial killing mass murderer by several orders of magnitude than the one who is supposed to be the bad guy?
Honestly, the Bible doesn't really have 'a bad guy.' Sometimes Satan gets a mention, but it's only ever for lone scenes, he's a bigger deal in pop culture than he ever was in the book.

If you live for thousands-billions of years then a book that focuses on the smite-happy times is going to amass one hell of a body count.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2019, 09:50:04 PM »

If you read the Book of Enoch it clarifies and gives backstory to the Old Testament that God is actually killing off the mutant offspring societies of the fallen angels who are devoted to destroying all that is good with their pegan anti-religions.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 09:52:50 PM by Tom Bishop »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2019, 10:37:43 PM »
If you read the Book of Enoch it clarifies and gives backstory to the Old Testament that God is actually killing off the mutant offspring societies of the fallen angels who are devoted to destroying all that is good with their pagan anti-religions.
And the Book of Enoch gives a detailed description of the Flat Earth Universe of the early Hebrews.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2019, 01:49:13 PM »

If you read the Book of Enoch it clarifies and gives backstory to the Old Testament that God is actually killing off the mutant offspring societies of the fallen angels who are devoted to destroying all that is good with their pegan anti-religions.

And may he rue the day he failed to do the job properly, the Anakim and the children of Lilith still recount the tyranny of the failed god and all those who would kill those they cannot repress.