Turkey's election body rules for Istanbul election re-run (Update: Result same)

• 17 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
Re-run election to be held on June 23, says Supreme Election Council (YSK)

The council members accepted the ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party's objection to the local election results in Istanbul with seven votes in favor and four against.

According to the YSK, the decision was taken as some presiding officers and polling staffs, who are supposed to be civil servants as per Turkish law, served during the elections.

The mayoral certificate of the main opposition Republican People’s Party (CHP)'s Ekrem Imamoglu has also been cancelled by the council.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/politics/turkeys-election-body-rules-for-istanbul-election-re-run/1471941
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:45:31 PM by wise »
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
Re: Turkey's election body rules for Istanbul election re-run
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2019, 11:47:57 AM »
Is this another ballot stuffing, for media, election? 

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2019, 12:59:09 PM »
After our lobby activity has ended, board decided quickly. I was not surprised by this, but I was surprised by the lobbying power of the society.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 01:55:42 AM »
Supreme Election Council of Turkey:

"AKP (Erdoghan and Binali's party) has assigned 3000 their members as presiding officer to balloting committee. This is undue. So elections have to be re-run".

In short, since Erdogan's party made a cheating in elections, their opponent has lost the right of wining the elections.

this means that the victim is also a thief. In other words, erdoğan's party stole votes, but the election will be renewed as they did not steal enough. This is exactly what I got from the explanation of Supreme (!) Election Council (??).
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 04:23:29 AM »
Best of luck to the CHP. Though it doesn't seem to me like Erdoğan will leave this to chance.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2019, 05:24:34 AM »
Best of luck to the CHP. Though it doesn't seem to me like Erdoğan will leave this to chance.

CHP has learned to win the elections. CHP has won Ankara, Izmir and Antalya too. Only Istanbul remained. This time numerical difference will be higher than Erdoğan can suspect it.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 05:42:28 AM »

CHP has learned to win the elections. CHP has won Ankara, Izmir and Antalya too. Only Istanbul remained. This time numerical difference will be higher than Erdoğan can suspect it.

I wouldn't trust Erdoğan.   He will try to rig the result.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 06:37:38 AM »

I wouldn't trust Erdoğan.   He will try to rig the result.
Maybe he will, or maybe he will not. The CHP has enough number of lawyers. there are enough number of people who want this job.  general expectation that İmamoğlu will win again this re-run election in turkey. otherwise, it will strengthen your allegations of dictatorship in Turkey.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2019, 02:58:51 PM »
Imamoglu has won the renewed election again with inreasing the difference by 54% to 45%. I have worked on polling clerk. As a result, we have won.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Pezevenk

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 03:58:53 PM »
Yay!

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2019, 07:38:29 PM »
Imamoglu has won the renewed election again with inreasing the difference by 54% to 45%. I have worked on polling clerk. As a result, we have won.
So is Ergodan finished or can he pull some more "dirty tricks"?

And is Turkey likely to see more freedom under Imamoglu? Let's hope so.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Pezevenk

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 01:59:53 AM »

These were mayoral elections, Imamoglu is now mayor of Istanbul, not president of Turkey. Erdogan is still president, but Istanbul is the largest municipality in Turkey if I recall correctly, so it's a big deal.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2019, 02:24:12 AM »

These were mayoral elections, Imamoglu is now mayor of Istanbul, not president of Turkey. Erdogan is still president, but Istanbul is the largest municipality in Turkey if I recall correctly, so it's a big deal.

With this support, Imamoglu is said to have the power to win the presidential election in 2023. perhaps the early general election in 2020 may be. He must does one of two things. Either He must work well in Istanbul and prove that he is trying to fulfill his promises. He may not be able to fulfill all his promises, because Erdogan's party still holds the majority in city council. Erdogan also has broad presidential powers. Or Imamoglu must prove that he is doing the right thing at least and that he is intentionally hindered.

it is difficult to predict what will happen from today. I also don't think that İmamoğlu wants the presidency personally. because he said for the last time about the presidency: "politics wear me down. I want to serve Istanbul for the last time and then leave politics, to return to my own business".
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2019, 05:58:28 AM »

With this support, Imamoglu is said to have the power to win the presidential election in 2023. perhaps the early general election in 2020 may be. He must does one of two things. Either He must work well in Istanbul and prove that he is trying to fulfill his promises. He may not be able to fulfill all his promises, because Erdogan's party still holds the majority in city council. Erdogan also has broad presidential powers. Or Imamoglu must prove that he is doing the right thing at least and that he is intentionally hindered.

it is difficult to predict what will happen from today. I also don't think that İmamoğlu wants the presidency personally. because he said for the last time about the presidency: "politics wear me down. I want to serve Istanbul for the last time and then leave politics, to return to my own business".

Apart from that, it is still a good thing,  it seems not everybody is fooled by Erdogan. 

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 06:22:00 AM »

Apart from that, it is still a good thing,  it seems not everybody is fooled by Erdogan.

What includes the people you aimed when said everybody:

- 0% of ceos
- 15% of general managers, managers
- 25% of university teachers , doctors and academics
- 30% of university graduates
- 50% of high school graduates
- 60% of middle school graduates
- 80% of elementary school graduates
- 90% of illiterate people.

the results of many research give similar results. Our problem here is the group includes first 4 education level is numerically less than last 3. there is a principal struggle on high school graduates. high school graduates can evaluate events, but slow evaluation. We still wait them to understand.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 06:55:06 PM »

- 0% of ceos

the results of many research give similar results. Our problem here is the group includes first 4 education level is numerically less than last 3. there is a principal struggle on high school graduates. high school graduates can evaluate events, but slow evaluation. We still wait them to understand.

Same as in America and England,  the illiterate are easily fooled by lies and propaganda. 

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 11:21:30 PM »

- 0% of ceos

Same as in America and England,  the illiterate are easily fooled by lies and propaganda.

all ignorants can be thought of as deceived. but vice versa, all of the general managers' supporters do so because of their interests. so the people above the high school graduate are not ignorant,  really bad people.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1